Old 09-21-2012, 10:05 AM   #211
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
All attendees please PM me with your Name, e-mail address, and optionally daytime phone number. I'll put up an invitation for another un-rally next year - a week later than the rally this year.

Events suggested:
1 "red light district" - turn off all of the white lights in the park for 1/2 hour of serious star gazing. (Use red filters and you won't get night blind, or put a patch over one eye if going into a white light area such as your trailer. You can come back out and still see the stars clearly with the eye you covered.)
2. Brunch at Chateau Morrisette - expensive but YUMMY! (available Sat & Sunday). The winery is located just off the Blue Ridge Parkway about 6-7 miles southwest of Floyd. Parking lot can accommodate small trailers - and Interstates with no problem.
3. Potluck again - and I'll make a lot LESS food. My operators just finished the possum loaf last night. Maybe bison stew.
4. GIZMO brag - show us your neatest "Airstream Gizmo" or modification that makes camping safer, easier, more fun... (One of my favorite from the past came as a result of several people complaining that their toilet paper always unraveled while driving. All sorts of covered rolls, etc were proposed. The winner? Crush the roll so the cardboard is nearly flat. Put in roller. - Pure simplicity)
5. Happy hour - beverage of choice samples. Mine is hard cider... only about 2% alcohol, tastes fizzy and not sickeningly sweet, and it's good for you lower GI tract.

Paula

Old 09-21-2012, 10:12 AM   #212
Rivet Master

1981 27' Excella II
mays landing , South Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foiled Again View Post

4. GIZMO brag - show us your neatest "Airstream Gizmo" or modification that makes camping safer, easier, more fun... (One of my favorite from the past came as a result of several people complaining that their toilet paper always unraveled while driving. All sorts of covered rolls, etc were proposed. The winner? Crush the roll so the cardboard is nearly flat. Put in roller. - Pure simplicity)

Paula
And here I was, thinking what a genius I must be for crushing the roll. Sal.

TAC N.J. 17
WBCCI 24740
noreen&sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 02:41 PM   #213
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63
Apple has an update for your iPad. I would wait a while until they get some of the bugs ironed out. Among other things, their new maps app isn't ready for prime time yet. Ask me how I learned this...
Anyone having a problem with the campwhere iPad app since prematurely downloading the update.

I can still see the campgrounds, but when tapping to access information it then closes the app. I deleted my app and reloaded it, no improvement. Can still access the public campground website through safari.

Computer genius son says it is likely due to the new download. Don't know how to resolve, paid for the app. !!!

Maggie
Old 09-22-2012, 02:51 PM   #214
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug&maggie View Post
Anyone having a problem with the campwhere iPad app since prematurely downloading the update.

I can still see the campgrounds, but when tapping to access information it then closes the app. I deleted my app and reloaded it, no improvement. Can still access the public campground website through safari.

Computer genius son says it is likely due to the new download. Don't know how to resolve, paid for the app. !!!

Maggie
I tried rolling mine back to IOS 5.1.1, you can't do it. I'm very tempted to return mine to where I got it (it's less than a year old, and still under warranty, as well as the extended warranty I bought when I got it), and make them give me one that hasn't been updated.
The best I can suggest is contact the people that wrote the app, at least then they will know there is a problem.
Old 09-22-2012, 03:14 PM   #215
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Quote:
I tried rolling mine back to IOS 5.1.1, you can't do it. I'm very tempted to return mine to where I got it (it's less than a year old, and still under warranty, as well as the extended warranty I bought when I got it), and make them give me one that hasn't been updated.
The best I can suggest is contact the people that wrote the app, at least then they will know there is a problem.
Hmmm, but you want the updates, don't you?

There is no email address for this app, or tech support, etc. I'll have to try to google them and see what I can find.

Maggie
Old 09-22-2012, 03:27 PM   #216
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Quote:
Hmmm, but you want the updates, don't you?

Maggie
I think I'd rather have a functioning iPad, than an updated one that doesn't work.
Old 09-22-2012, 03:56 PM   #217
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Quote:
I think I'd rather have a functioning iPad, than an updated one that doesn't work.
Of course.

The only thing we are having problems with is the campwhere app. I found contact information online and have sent an email.

Might take it into your apple store and see what they can do for you.

Maggie
Old 09-22-2012, 05:21 PM   #218
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Quote:
Of course.

The only thing we are having problems with is the campwhere app. I found contact information online and have sent an email.

Might take it into your apple store and see what they can do for you.

Maggie
I did. I tried restoring it, and got an error message. I took it back just now, and was given a new iPad3. "sorry you had a problem, sir". I'm loading all my apps and books into it, and if anybody thinks I'm going to let it update...
The tech guy did tell me they had a rash of problems like this since the update came out. He wasn't happy, and had the stack of dead iPads behind the counter to prove it.
Old 09-22-2012, 05:42 PM   #219
2 Rivet Member

1962 19' Globetrotter
1974 25' Tradewind
1973 31' Sovereign
Charlottesville , Virginia
In keeping with my bare bones AS all I have is a map. No updates required but you do have to open it, which is my downfall, I always open it AFTER I am lost. Annual would be great, count me in! As you know my TW is being worked on (daily now that I have been inspired by Terry!) and I hope to post some pictures someday. So far I have 110, new bulbs for all exterior and interior lights with new lights on order since a few did not work, a new converter on order (yanked out that Univolt yesterday) so 12V next week. Exciting stuff!
Old 09-22-2012, 05:46 PM   #220
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Quote:
I did. I tried restoring it, and got an error message. I took it back just now, and was given a new iPad3. "sorry you had a problem, sir". I'm loading all my apps and books into it, and if anybody thinks I'm going to let it update...
The tech guy did tell me they had a rash of problems like this since the update came out. He wasn't happy, and had the stack of dead iPads behind the counter to prove it.
Yikes! Too bad!

Glad you took it back, though, and they replaced it,

We don't seem to be having the same, pervasive problems. Fingers crossed,

Maggie
Old 09-22-2012, 05:49 PM   #221
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASIcons
In keeping with my bare bones AS all I have is a map. No updates required but you do have to open it, which is my downfall, I always open it AFTER I am lost. Annual would be great, count me in! As you know my TW is being worked on (daily now that I have been inspired by Terry!) and I hope to post some pictures someday. So far I have 110, new bulbs for all exterior and interior lights with new lights on order since a few did not work, a new converter on order (yanked out that Univolt yesterday) so 12V next week. Exciting stuff!
You're one brave woman, Janet!

I like a hand held map, but really love the app that allows me to look at any street, anywhere.

I'm turning into a tekkie.

Maggie
Old 09-22-2012, 06:00 PM   #222
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
The map failure seems to be starting to be legendary already. I asked for directions to get from my house to Yadkinville, about 20 miles West of my house on US 421. The iPad app sent me to Greensboro, 30 miles East on secondary roads, pick up I-40, then back West on I-40 for 50 miles. Yikes!
Old 09-22-2012, 06:04 PM   #223
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
As for real maps, we have them, and use them to "reality check" our GPS. After satisfying ourselves the GPS is taking us more-or-less where we want to go, we let it keep track of turns, distances, and ETA's. It does make traveling less stressful.

We now return you to your regular thread, already in progress...
Old 09-22-2012, 07:53 PM   #224
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Annually around the end of September probably be a good time for a rally at Highland Haven. The leaves should have started to turn, and I should look very nice still won't be as cold as it will be mid to late October. I think mid-October is when Highland Haven closes, isn't it?