Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-22-2012, 04:49 PM   #221
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASIcons
In keeping with my bare bones AS all I have is a map. No updates required but you do have to open it, which is my downfall, I always open it AFTER I am lost. Annual would be great, count me in! As you know my TW is being worked on (daily now that I have been inspired by Terry!) and I hope to post some pictures someday. So far I have 110, new bulbs for all exterior and interior lights with new lights on order since a few did not work, a new converter on order (yanked out that Univolt yesterday) so 12V next week. Exciting stuff!
You're one brave woman, Janet!

I like a hand held map, but really love the app that allows me to look at any street, anywhere.

I'm turning into a tekkie.

Maggie
Old 09-22-2012, 05:00 PM   #222
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
The map failure seems to be starting to be legendary already. I asked for directions to get from my house to Yadkinville, about 20 miles West of my house on US 421. The iPad app sent me to Greensboro, 30 miles East on secondary roads, pick up I-40, then back West on I-40 for 50 miles. Yikes!
Old 09-22-2012, 05:04 PM   #223
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
As for real maps, we have them, and use them to "reality check" our GPS. After satisfying ourselves the GPS is taking us more-or-less where we want to go, we let it keep track of turns, distances, and ETA's. It does make traveling less stressful.

We now return you to your regular thread, already in progress...
Old 09-22-2012, 06:53 PM   #224
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Annually around the end of September probably be a good time for a rally at Highland Haven. The leaves should have started to turn, and I should look very nice still won't be as cold as it will be mid to late October. I think mid-October is when Highland Haven closes, isn't it?
Old 09-23-2012, 06:01 AM   #225
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63
Annually around the end of September probably be a good time for a rally at Highland Haven. The leaves should have started to turn, and I should look very nice still won't be as cold as it will be mid to late October. I think mid-October is when Highland Haven closes, isn't it?
I think late September, too, especially if we're wanting to see some fall color in those beautiful views at HH.

We are still poking around Virginia, leaves are just starting to turn. My favorite time of year.

Maggie
Old 09-23-2012, 06:18 AM   #226
Rivet Idiot

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
On The Lake , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63 View Post
If I am reading the 2012 calendar correctly, it looks like the park closes to guest on October 24. Shareholders are shutting down the park the week after.
For 2013 you might want to look at the rally being on the weekend of Oct 3 thru 7. I would think there would be a lot of color by then.
It was great to have everybody there and glad you want to come back. No matter what weekend you choose, all of them are good at HH.
Regards,
Joe
Old 09-23-2012, 06:43 AM   #227
2 Rivet Member

1962 19' Globetrotter
1974 25' Tradewind
1973 31' Sovereign
Charlottesville , Virginia
I think Joe hit it on the head in terms of timing and I am a native that lives here. I think the park should be renamed Highland Heaven. See you there, if not before!
ASIcons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 06:52 AM   #228
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASIcons View Post
As you know my TW is being worked on (daily now that I have been inspired by Terry!) and I hope to post some pictures someday. So far I have 110, new bulbs for all exterior and interior lights with new lights on order since a few did not work, a new converter on order (yanked out that Univolt yesterday) so 12V next week. Exciting stuff!
Janet, maybe you could start a thread about your Tradewind. That way, everybody could follow along as you wrestle it into submission.
Old 09-23-2012, 10:01 AM   #229
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63
Janet, maybe you could start a thread about your Tradewind. That way, everybody could follow along as you wrestle it into submission.
Aaah, Terry, trying to keep this thread on track.

This is a good idea, though, Janet, and would probably get you some input from a more general audience. .

Maybe we could entitle another thread "Highland Haven Conversations", or some such thing, where we can just continue discussions started at this rally---thereby including everyone who wants to join in,

Maggie
Old 09-23-2012, 10:05 AM   #230
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug&maggie View Post
Aaah, Terry, trying to keep this thread on track.

Maggie
Sorry. Once a moderator, always a moderator...
Old 09-28-2012, 09:39 AM   #231
Ready-to-Travel

2012 30' International
Walkerton , Virginia
Good job setting up the rally, Paula. I'm glad to have had the chance to meet so many Forum friends in person.

We stayed over on Sunday (I wanted to see my Redskins win, to no avail). Then, with heavy rain predicted overnight Monday, we braved the fog all the way to Linville Falls, where we had planned to stay. It was a long trip, and the rain arrived on time Monday night - in spades. 4 1/2 inches in 24 hours. Glad my rig doesn't leak! And the Linville and Crabtree Falls were spectacular, as you can imagine.

Enjoyed the show, guys. See you on the road.

Pat and Page

AIR 3987
TAC VA-2
WBCCI 4596
pmclemore is offline   Reply With Quote