Old 09-11-2012, 07:08 AM   #155
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63
Well, since my suggestion seems to be going over like a crap-flavored snow cone, I'll shelve it, and show how to clean the fans, instead. I'll still bring my ladder, if anybody wants to check for cracks. Other than that, I'm gathering up parts (got a couple of surprises from the parts department), and if anybody wants anything, the cutoff is Thursday at 5.
Terry,

Appreciate your kind offer to inspect our fans. Ours was fine a couple of months ago, when Doug scraped off and re-caulked everything on the roof. What a job. . What a guy.

I would still love tips on cleaning Fantastic Fans from Terry and anyone else who would Ike to offer them. . Every time I look up into that vent, it makes me cringe.

I LOVE roasted marshmallows, not so much s'mores, either. I'll bring some marshmallows, anyone who needs the extra trappings can bring those items. (I don't like having the leftover Hershey bars beckoning to me from the frig, either.)

We picked up a jar of crab salsa the other day, which I am envisioning poured over a block of cream cheese and eaten with crackers. Hmmmm? Up for consumption anytime we feel like doing a little happy hour with munchies.

We also have a new bottle of Jamison whiskey, will bring limes and ginger ale to make their signature drink---Jamison & Ginger.

So excited about the cool weather!!! LOVE IT!!!

Maggie

Maggie

Old 09-11-2012, 09:50 AM   #156
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Potluck Saturday 7:00 ish

Of course whatever happens friday happens. I'm going to make breakfast for self Saturday - Oatmeal (the real steel cut oats variety) with dried fruit, and it takes 1/2 hour to cook. Absolutely NO more trouble to make it for 12 than for just one, so drop by and BYOB (bring your own bowl).

Paula

Old 09-11-2012, 11:37 AM   #157
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug&maggie View Post
Terry,

Appreciate your kind offer to inspect our fans. Ours was fine a couple of months ago, when Doug scraped off and re-caulked everything on the roof. What a job. . What a guy.

I would still love tips on cleaning Fantastic Fans from Terry and anyone else who would Ike to offer them. . Every time I look up into that vent, it makes me cringe.

I LOVE roasted marshmallows, not so much s'mores, either. I'll bring some marshmallows, anyone who needs the extra trappings can bring those items. (I don't like having the leftover Hershey bars beckoning to me from the frig, either.)

We picked up a jar of crab salsa the other day, which I am envisioning poured over a block of cream cheese and eaten with crackers. Hmmmm? Up for consumption anytime we feel like doing a little happy hour with munchies.

We also have a new bottle of Jamison whiskey, will bring limes and ginger ale to make their signature drink---Jamison & Ginger.

So excited about the cool weather!!! LOVE IT!!!

Maggie

Maggie
So, would S'mores without all the ingredients be called S'lesses?
Old 09-11-2012, 11:50 AM   #158
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foiled Again
Potluck Saturday 7:00 ish

Of course whatever happens friday happens. I'm going to make breakfast for self Saturday - Oatmeal (the real steel cut oats variety) with dried fruit, and it takes 1/2 hour to cook. Absolutely NO more trouble to make it for 12 than for just one, so drop by and BYOB (bring your own bowl).

Paula
And, it reheats so nicely in the microwave.

My son and his wife put this in the crockpot on Saturday nights for quick pre-church breakfasts for they and their kiddies.

Maggie
Old 09-11-2012, 11:52 AM   #159
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63
So, would S'mores without all the ingredients be called S'lesses?
No, just roasted marshmallows.

Mggie
Old 09-11-2012, 08:04 PM   #160
2 Rivet Member

1966 20' Globetrotter
1964 24' Tradewind
johnsoncity , Tennessee
We are in. Plan on being there on Thursday afternoon. Looking forward to meeting new friends.
Don and Karen
Old 09-12-2012, 10:34 AM   #161
Ready-to-Travel

2012 30' International
Walkerton , Virginia
Paula, our plans just freed us up - so we can come to your rally! It will be nice to meet everyone, to put faces to names.

We're going to provide a roast chicken.

Looking forward to seeing you all. I'll sign up on the rally page shortly.

Pat and Page

AIR 3987
TAC VA-2
WBCCI 4596
pmclemore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 06:59 AM   #162
2 Rivet Member

1962 19' Globetrotter
1974 25' Tradewind
1973 31' Sovereign
Charlottesville , Virginia
Ok, I am NOT eating any snow cones ever again, thanks, Terry! Sadly, my belly pan did not turn out well, in fact, it looks like someone that had never worked with metal put it on though the metal shop where I was working was owned by an experienced smith. A cautionary tale that I will share for a chuckle around a campfire. Here is the real question - Can I show up at a rally without an Airstream? I don't think my temp brake lights work and I don't want to tow my TW without them. Forget the inspection sticker, the last one I found was dated 1990! I am planning on bringing green beans even if I have to sneak in and stay at a B and B.
Old 09-13-2012, 03:06 PM   #163
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
We were hailed yesterday via pm by TouringDan, as we were passing through his home of Lynchburg, and had a lovely visit with him while Doug gave the Interstate a hand wash in his driveway and Lily got to stretch her legs in the backyard.

Spent last night at the beautiful Peaks of Otter campground on the Blue Ridge Parkway, did a weeks worth of laundry this morning and then pulled into VHH this afternoon just after Sandlapper.

A beautiful, quiet spot.

Maggie
Old 09-13-2012, 06:09 PM   #164
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASIcons View Post
Ok, I am NOT eating any snow cones ever again, thanks, Terry! Sadly, my belly pan did not turn out well, in fact, it looks like someone that had never worked with metal put it on though the metal shop where I was working was owned by an experienced smith. A cautionary tale that I will share for a chuckle around a campfire. Here is the real question - Can I show up at a rally without an Airstream? I don't think my temp brake lights work and I don't want to tow my TW without them. Forget the inspection sticker, the last one I found was dated 1990! I am planning on bringing green beans even if I have to sneak in and stay at a B and B.
As far as we're concerned, you are welcome. though I can't answer for the park. Just to make sure you aren't disappointed, you can give them a call, and make sure you're allowed as a visitor. You may have to show them photos of your Airstream as proof of ownership...
Old 09-13-2012, 06:23 PM   #165
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
We're getting a bit concerned about Paula, who is not here yet.

If anyone has an update, let us know.

Maggie
Old 09-13-2012, 06:58 PM   #166
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug&maggie View Post
We're getting a bit concerned about Paula, who is not here yet.

If anyone has an update, let us know.

Maggie
I sent her a text message a few minutes ago, which she may not be able to respond to if she's driving. If she doesn't reply in the next little bit, I'll give her a call on her cell.
Old 09-13-2012, 07:04 PM   #167
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
This is a nice place indeed. Just watched a fabulous sunset over the mountain ranges.
WBCCI #3892
Region 3 , 1st VP

Go often to the house of a friend, for weeds choke the unused path........Emerson

Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight he will just kill you........a wise old man.
sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 07:16 PM   #168
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlapper View Post
This is a nice place indeed. Just watched a fabulous sunset over the mountain ranges.
Has Paula arrived yet? She should be driving a red Silverado, with a late-model 25' FB trailer.