Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-26-2011, 11:04 AM   #41
vintage travelers

1972 31' Sovereign
Johnson City , on the road
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.C. View Post
Hello from Arkansas! Caint make this one as I am in the middle of putting a new frame from axle back. It is welded in place now and will start reassembly soon. Frenchy
Frenchy we will miss you and your great food Rondi still talking about that black pot grub she is trying to remember how you made it. we will have a few brews to you Sean & Rondi
Old 08-29-2011, 07:38 AM   #42
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
1972 23' Safari
Houston , Texas
Will look at the schedule and see if we can make it. It'll be good to get past the record 100 +degree temps and enjoy some Fall camping.
RichHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 09:14 AM   #43
Rivet Master

2002 30' Classic S/O
Garden Valley , Idaho
We are from the Idaho Unit but will be moving to a project near Beeville and will be bringing our AS with us. We plan to attend some of your Hill Country outings when possible. Looking forward to meeting you all. Speaking of Beeville, I hear there is a new RV park there, does anyone have information on that park? Thanks-

Pap
2002 Airstream Classic 30' w/SO #2074
2007 Kubota 900 RTV
1996 Ford Bronco
2007 Lincoln LT
pappy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 10:15 AM   #44
vintage travelers

1972 31' Sovereign
It would be good to have you. You just may be coming from the longest distance not sure about beeville though as if new park there? we are 7 rigs confirmed and counting looking forward to meeting all and the new people we have not came across from the other rallies. rates at the park for this $23 a night, lots to do in area ie: Oct Fest Fredricksburg , LBJ ranch, antique shops and plenty of BBQ venues, maybe the Lano Eagles will be back but maybe to early we will check on them
Old 08-31-2011, 11:05 AM   #45
3 Rivet Member

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
2012 Interstate Coach
San Antonio , Texas
TX Hill Country get together

Thoughts for Saturday dinner - Pizza on the grill, everyone bring toppings, I can experiment with dough this weekend (Bruce, stop laughing), Bobby Flay does it all the time; or ethnicity dinner - bring something that represents your background; chili cookoff for anyone who wants to participate; rambling thoughts.
rosewoodtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 11:31 AM   #46
vintage travelers

1972 31' Sovereign
Oh the Pizza sounds like a great Idea that would be fun and we have several 4ft 55 gal type grills with lids very well made and works good for both wood and charcoal. Sat we will fire up the black pot for some cobbler desert
Old 09-01-2011, 03:53 PM   #47
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Corpus Christi , Texas
OK, we will be bringing one HUGE tossed salad to go with the pizzas. Bring your favorite dressings. (or deal with whatever Skye makes)

WBCCI 3805
AIR 54011 Since July 2011
casa3805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 05:28 PM   #48
3 Rivet Member

1978 31' Sovereign
2007 34' Classic S/O
Slidell/Lake Sam Rayburn , Louisiana/Texas
Johnson city rally

So sorry we can't make it to the rally with you guys. We have prior commitments, family coming in for a visit etc. Hope you guys have a wonderful time, we will miss out. Hope to see everyone at the Blanco Christmas Rally in December!!

Sorry,
Mary & Dennis Watermann
maryh2omann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 11:34 AM   #49
vintage travelers

1972 31' Sovereign
Quote:
Originally Posted by maryh2omann View Post
So sorry we can't make it to the rally with you guys. We have prior commitments, family coming in for a visit etc. Hope you guys have a wonderful time, we will miss out. Hope to see everyone at the Blanco Christmas Rally in December!!

Sorry,
Mary & Dennis Watermann
We will miss you guys, but will see you at the Blanco in Dec. for all that are still on the fence about the Johnson city get together, we have plenty of room if your coming give the park a call to reserve a site no cost to reserve we also have a nice cabin available discounted to $50.00 a night for us. Next week I will be putting out a menu for the Fri & Sat potluck we have so far so anyone that wants to bring a dish chime in we have had a few put their dish on here already. Now to date we have 9 airstreams and 4 on the maybe list. Today its cooler here hope this is a weather trend I have not even turned the ac on today yet just my new Vortex vent fans. Hope all has a great Labor Day. Sean & Rondi & Juno
Old 09-05-2011, 02:19 PM   #50
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Corpus Christi , Texas
Sean & Rondi, no troubles from the fires? We are breathing smoke from Bastrop fires all the way down here in Corpus.

WBCCI 3805
Old 09-05-2011, 02:53 PM   #51
vintage travelers

1972 31' Sovereign
No issue here but up the road toward marble falls a fire just came up and towards Austin. We did get a rig in that is close to the fire his home has no Elc from the fire, and most of the motels in Austin are full.
Old 09-05-2011, 02:59 PM   #52
Married to Soldiermedic

San Antonio , Texas
Steve sent me the thread link this afternoon, if it is the weekend of 1&2 Oct I cant make it. I have to play Soldier that weekend. I hope you enjoy your time.

Amy
CombatMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 08:19 PM   #53
vintage travelers

1972 31' Sovereign
oh sorry to miss ya Rondi says Hi, we will miss you stay safe.
Old 09-06-2011, 07:23 PM   #54
Married to Soldiermedic

San Antonio , Texas
Say hi back to Rondi! I hope I can make it sometime in the future. It is hard to miss the weekends my Soldiers are around.
CombatMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 09:56 AM   #55
vintage travelers

1972 31' Sovereign
Hi all Just throwing it out there I know a lot going on in Oct fest the weekend of our get together should be fun in Fredricksburg, But anyone up for some wine tasting? like Sat or Fri. Susan also works at a local winery that has some real nice wine from the area I think I can get her to lead or drive anyone willing to go for some tasting we have been there once and it is a nice place to go and relax my problem is I taste to much hard to drive back good thing I taught Juno how to drive the truck.
Old 09-09-2011, 10:27 AM   #56
3 Rivet Member

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
2012 Interstate Coach
San Antonio , Texas
Don't have to ask me twice!!! What time we start??
rosewoodtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 04:29 PM   #57
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Corpus Christi , Texas
Count us in. Either day. Both days....

WBCCI 3805
Old 09-10-2011, 05:51 PM   #58
Short Gal with a Big F250

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Dallas , Texas
I'm brand spankin new to all this - but would love to come down and meet some fellow Airstreamers!

Throw the new girl a lifeline and tell me you can help me back my rig in if the park doesn't have pull thru's. (yep, I'm THAT new) :-)

If you want a good laugh at the Newbie (and who doesn't) here's the link to my maiden voyage blog. Good times: Pinky's Playhouse

What do I need to do to sign up - and where can I find more info/the name of the park?

Thanks everybody! Pinky
Pinky65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 05:10 AM   #59
vintage travelers

1972 31' Sovereign
Welcome Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky65 View Post
I'm brand spankin new to all this - but would love to come down and meet some fellow Airstreamers!

Throw the new girl a lifeline and tell me you can help me back my rig in if the park doesn't have pull thru's. (yep, I'm THAT new) :-)

If you want a good laugh at the Newbie (and who doesn't) here's the link to my maiden voyage blog. Good times: Pinky's Playhouse

What do I need to do to sign up - and where can I find more info/the name of the park?

Thanks everybody! Pinky
It would be a blast To have you here is the deal I have all pull through sites you will have no problem pulling in and just FYI 2 other guest are airstream newbies one is a single lady that started about same time as you July she went east for her first trip you went west. the other is a couple that have been RVing in a SOB just got a 72 vintage rig now they have to forget everything they thought they knew. To come to this gig all you have to do is call 830 868 7449 ask to speak to Rondi she takes the phone most times other times she just looks at it ( just kidding ) she's my better half most of the time I am hers the other half, let her know you are airstream and she will put you on the list lots of things going this weekend of the get together Oct fest is a must see, wine tasting and cocktail hour my favorite time Potlucks and kinda thinking movie night if anyones up for it long long trailer, or RV or maybe state of the union ( Hepburn & Tracy ) real movie. This park is like a step back in time reminds me of a route 66 park with neon lights the parks web site www.roadrunnerrvparktexas.com so come on out and have some fun love your blog kinda sounds like our first trip I think you met the same lady we did in NM walking the cat. We stayed in Santa Fe for 6 months at Rancheros loved it Sean & Rondi & Juno the wonder Beagle wonder she dint eat us to the poor house.
Old 09-11-2011, 11:07 AM   #60
vintage travelers

1972 31' Sovereign
Just another note to all coming bring a water pressure regulator the parks water pressure is 90psi, I also have 2 extras I can loan out if needed.
This day brings back a lot of memories please say a prayer for all those innocents and brave people who lost their life's on 911 and for all our brave military who still stand steadfast serving our great nation. God Bless the USA