Old 08-13-2012, 04:13 PM   #43
3 Rivet Member

1971 25' Tradewind
1956 26' Cruiser Overlander
McLeod , Texas
Just reserved a site.Guess we'll see if the dates end up getting changed.

Tom & Patti

Old 08-13-2012, 04:59 PM   #44
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Mmmm, we're not flexible for other dates, as we have a commitment the prior weekend and for the one following this rally. After that, we will be heading home.

If other dates work out better for others, we will have to miss this time.

Maggie

Old 08-13-2012, 05:32 PM   #45
4 Rivet Member

1974 29' Ambassador
Ruston , Louisiana
Well, I thought about it after I scheduled it and then realized it was the same date of another rally. I went with a convenient date for the venue and area, and honestly didn't think there would be too much interest with such short notice so we just decided to leave it.

That's my fault, I underestimated you guys. Here's my proposals:

1. Move the date of the rally.

It really doesn't make a difference to me, it's a ten minute drive from my house. I just tried to get it around the local college football schedule.

2. Keep it and try to figure out a better time and place to have the next one.

This one also is viable to me, but then again same reason as above. I'm open to this one, and would also live to have some input as to when a better date would be, i think the spring would do better. I know there's a Mardis Gras rally in New Orleans in the spring and definitely would like to work around that one. I'll have to look and see what else is in the spring.

I do think that a bigger one in this area would do well, and would like to have one in a bigger venue, maybe something like the state parks around here. Lake Bisteneau is getting drained for weed control, that was my first choice for the scenery and then there was Lake Claiborne.

I'm open for suggestions. If I had my way we'd be at one every month somewhere.
Old 08-13-2012, 06:50 PM   #46
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Perhaps pick a new date in october that will work at the park, float it here for response from those who are interested and then flip to that if it seems feasible. Hmmm?

I really like your idea of doing a rally in northern Louisiana, and it may be the first one will be at a less.than perfect time when not everyone who would like to can attend. Then, too, there will likely never be a time when everyone can attend.

Not only are there other rallies you want to work around, but there is that Louisiana weather. .

Maggie
Old 08-14-2012, 07:55 AM   #47
3 Rivet Member

2009 23' FB Flying Cloud
Hot Springs Village , Arkansas
Since you are that far along with your event, I would suggest you keep this one as is & coordinate the Spring Rally with other Area Rallies. Dogwoods in Northern LA are nice.

Please select a camp ground with full hookups - my wife uses lots of water!

Have fun - see you on the road!

Sam

P. S. Wooden Rivet - I grew up in Atalanta - Texas that is. Look forward to meeting you.
Old 08-14-2012, 08:44 AM   #48
4 Rivet Member

2011 25' FB Flying Cloud
Peculiar , Missouri
Please do not change to accommodate me. You have the makings of a great Rally. I would use this as a learning curve so to speak, and have fun. You will be surprised how well it will turn out, and how others will hear of it and want to participate in the future.

We have been to three different rally's this year and they all were a blast!!! For us the destinations and friendships were memorable and only keep us energized to continue camping (or as my wife says 'glamping')!!!

I don't believe you will ever find a 'perfect' date. Between other rally's, work, etc... The best you can do will be to pick some dates early enough, get some feedback, and then just "Do it"!

We are always looking for something different, but right now we are somewhat limited in 'free time' due to work.

Good Luck with your rally this year, and I will look forward to your rally next year.

Drew
Old 08-14-2012, 10:53 AM   #49
3 Rivet Member

1971 25' Tradewind
1956 26' Cruiser Overlander
McLeod , Texas
Sam,
Looking forward to meeting you too.We did not grow up in Atlanta area, but have been here 35 yrs.Let us know how your fall trip turns out.
Tom
Old 08-14-2012, 02:00 PM   #50
3 Rivet Member

2009 23' FB Flying Cloud
Hot Springs Village , Arkansas
Tom,

We are in Little Rock house sitting for our son, but get back to the TXK-ATL area often.

Sam
Old 08-17-2012, 07:29 AM   #51
4 Rivet Member

1974 29' Ambassador
Ruston , Louisiana
Alright! Back at an actual computer and not using the iPad or iPhone apps. I did figure out to see the calendar on my iPad I have to use the web browser, haven't figured out the Air Forums calendar on the app or if there is one, but that's another thread all together.

Back to business!

I think the best thing to do now is to leave the dates in place and treat this as a learning experience for future scheduling. That being said, I'm excited about meeting everyone and can't wait for October to get here. Also, the park's website is back up and here's a link to it.

LPP Home

It's got their calendar of events in case you guys want to come see the WAC Cross-Country Championship (which was a date I thought about changing to) and pictures of recent events. It's a huge draw for mountain bikers, we've actually gone to some triathlons as spectators it's kinda fun.
Old 08-17-2012, 11:12 AM   #52
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Great!

We're looking forward to it.

Maggie
Old 08-18-2012, 08:23 AM   #53
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
When I talked to the park to make my reservation I was told that there was some sort of event going on the weekend that we are going to be there. It is a day type childrens festival (?) and should not impact the campground.

Also it would help if people interested in attending would sign in to the official rally page so that the park will know how many of us to expect.
http://www.airforums.com/forums/cale...-12;&e=987&c=1

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 08:47 AM   #54
4 Rivet Member

1974 29' Ambassador
Ruston , Louisiana
Yes, it's a elementary school program where the fifth graders come to the park and learn about the local aquifer and how to conserve water. My wife is a teacher and she brings her class. It's kind of annoying because I talked to a different guy you did, and specifically asked if there was anything happening that weekend and he told me no. My wife didn't know the dates yet, school started yesterday.

Oh well.

But, this park basically has three different areas. There's the campground, a day use picnic area, and a larger area with pavilions to rent, parade ground, playgrounds and a swim beach. The campground is on the southeast side of the park and the parade ground side of the park is the northeast side. The picnic area is on a peninsula in the lake between. The children's day activities are Thursday and Friday during school hours and everything is held on the parade ground side of the park.
Old 08-18-2012, 08:48 AM   #55
4 Rivet Member

1974 29' Ambassador
Ruston , Louisiana
Oops. Parade ground side is northwest side. Opposite corners.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:15 AM   #56

1991 34' Excella
1963 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Central , Mississippi
We are booked to attend Fri/Sat nights.

HiHoAgRV is offline   Reply With Quote