Old 07-31-2012, 09:36 PM   #15

1974 29' Ambassador
Ruston , Louisiana
"My wife thinks I'm crazy, I just might be. I do think it would be great fun, though. I'm trying to talk her into signing up with the forums so she can more easily put her input in - I'm currently out of town working." mgriffrus

Dear Husband-
I know you are crazy, but that's half the fun! I never dreamed I would come to love camping as much as I do. Luckily our kids also enjoy escaping and camping.

I am excited about the idea of planning a rally. Hopefully it will be sooner rather than later. I love to show off our little project and talking to other airstreamers. Keep posted.

Old 07-31-2012, 10:14 PM   #16

1991 34' Excella
1963 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Central , Mississippi
Pick a location...Lincoln or D'arbone? (wink)

HiHoAgRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 07:27 AM   #17
4 Rivet Member

1974 29' Ambassador
Ruston , Louisiana
Well, I guess now I have to throw a rally, the wife has chimed in with her blessing

I've never camped at D'Arbonne, maybe that's a good excuse to take a weekend up there and do some "research". I know it's relatively new, but that's about it. Lincoln Parish Park is one of the hidden gems we have here in North Louisiana. Full hookups for $20 a night, fishing, mountain biking, the trails and the paved walk around the whole lake. There's also the enclosed air conditioned pavilion in the loop that could be used....I'll look at their schedule when I get home and see when they might have a bike race or something planned, that's definitely worth looking into. That's our old reliable camp but still be five minutes from home to take care of soccer practice, ballet, etc. I can't think of a much better way to spend $40 for a family weekend.

I'll look at calendars and make some phone calls when I get home. Right now the second weekend of October is looking promising, no football game at Louisiana Tech to deal with that weekend and I'll talk to the state parks and the parish park and see if they have events/maintenance scheduled. If we like it enough, maybe we'll do it again!
Old 08-01-2012, 09:43 AM   #18
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Where are you in northern Louisiana?

Natchitoches is one of our favorites in the entire US.

Maggie
Old 08-01-2012, 09:50 AM   #19
3 Rivet Member

2008 31' Classic
Lake Charles , Louisiana
Claiborne SP would also be a great place. We are waiting for cooler temperatures this Fall and will probably camp there with my parents. They have a 1990 AS....steve
Old 08-01-2012, 10:03 AM   #20
4 Rivet Member

1974 29' Ambassador
Ruston , Louisiana
We're at the intersection of US 167 and I-20 in Ruston. Odds are, you drive right through our town on your way to Natchitoches. We're the home of Ruston peaches and Louisiana Tech University.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:37 AM   #21
4 Rivet Member

1974 29' Ambassador
Ruston , Louisiana
Okay! Mark your calendars and call everyone you can. I called Lincoln Parish Park this morning and there is nothing on their calendar for the weekend of October 12-14. We're going to have the first annual "Two Weeks from Everywhere" Rally in Ruston, La that weekend! Let's pack it out.

There are around 30 sites and all are full hookups (water,sewer, 30 and 50 amp) and some pull-throughs for $20 a night, there's a paved walking trail around the large pond about 1-1/2 miles or so, about 10 miles of nationally recognized mountain bike trails, several fishing piers and a playground for the kiddos.

When I get more information I'll let you guys know.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:42 AM   #22
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Bummer. I've already got plans to visit my parents in Oklahoma then. They always do the guilt-trip thing and say, "If you don't come see us this year, we may not be around next year!" Considering their ages and health, they might be right.

Perhaps next time.
WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

My Google-Fu is strong today.
Protagonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:03 AM   #23
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgriffrus
Okay! Mark your calendars and call everyone you can. I called Lincoln Parish Park this morning and there is nothing on their calendar for the weekend of October 12-14. We're going to have the first annual "Two Weeks from Everywhere" Rally in Ruston, La that weekend! Let's pack it out.

There are around 30 sites and all are full hookups (water,sewer, 30 and 50 amp) and some pull-throughs for $20 a night, there's a paved walking trail around the large pond about 1-1/2 miles or so, about 10 miles of nationally recognized mountain bike trails, several fishing piers and a playground for the kiddos.

When I get more information I'll let you guys know.
Sounds great! Putting it on the calendar!

Do you have a loop identified, specific sites we want to target for reservations?

Maggie
Old 08-06-2012, 11:30 AM   #24
4 Rivet Member

1974 29' Ambassador
Ruston , Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug&maggie

Do you have a loop identified, specific sites we want to target for reservations?

Maggie
there's only one loop, I'll drive out there today at lunch and see if they have a map I can scan in and post.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:45 AM   #25
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
No campsite map online that I could find, but here's a website with info, including the number to call for reservations:

Lincoln Parish Park | Louisiana Official Travel and Tourism Information

Even if I can't go to this rally, it's a place I'll keep in mind for other trips at other times.
WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

My Google-Fu is strong today.
Protagonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 12:09 PM   #26

1991 34' Excella
1963 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Central , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protagonist View Post
No campsite map online that I could find, but here's a website with info, including the number to call for reservations:

Lincoln Parish Park | Louisiana Official Travel and Tourism Information

Even if I can't go to this rally, it's a place I'll keep in mind for other trips at other times.
LOL..I forgot about 'the number'...we arrived late one evening, the entrance to the park looks like a dead end road in an upscale neighborhood. (started thinkin' hummmm...)

A big gate at the end of the neighborhood was closed but had a phone number listed so we could call and get the access code...

Ring, Ring, "Hello, Sherrif's department"......yup, they are the ones with the code...
HiHoAgRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 12:52 PM   #27
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
October 12-14 - That sounds like a possible right now. Do they take advance reservations. Not much information on the web site.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 01:34 PM   #28
4 Rivet Member

1974 29' Ambassador
Ruston , Louisiana
Okay....just talked to the staffer a the gate. I've reserved my spot, but it's just a spot, not THAT spot. You are guaranteed a space, but it's first come, first serve as to which specific space it is. I also have a map, of the campground and will scan it in and post it when I get to a computer.