Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-19-2005, 02:06 AM   #61
Rivet Master

1965 17' Caravel
1968 28' Ambassador
Butte , Montana
Send a message via MSN to C Johnson Send a message via Yahoo to C Johnson
A Great ! weekend

Hi all, Theo and I made most of the trek thru the ice caves. There is ice down there ! not too much, however. We also went to see Langfield Falls. Very nice indeed. Thanks to Janet and Gary for bringing the BBQ and for the breakfast ! It was wonderful. Your Trio sounds great ! I really like the cello. Michelle did a really great solo at the end of the evening on Saturday. She is a very talented cello player.

Thanks to Christie for baking the taters in her oven. I didn't realize that until Janet posted it. That does take skill ! Ron I really like your 31 footer. It is a nice unit.

I really like Bob and Mollys' moho. It was a sweet find for sure. Those steaks were great. I did manage to get a bite of them along with all the other great foods there.

Lee and Mels Safari is super cool ! Plus they have a really great vintage tow vehicle, a 1973 F 250 4 x 4. great combo. Makes me want another AS to work on while I camp in the Caravel ! Shhhh......did I just say that ack ! I'll probably upgrade in the next 2 years. I really like the room the Safari has in it. My neighbors are gonna shoot me !

Jerry and Leta, keep me up to date on your Caravel project. If I can help out let me know. Shoot us some pics of your project. Your teardrop was really cool. I am afraid I skipped that step and went right from tenting to a full on TT.

When I bought my Caravel I had no idea that I would meet such a great group of folks. My friend Theo had a great time as well. He is going to see if he can make it to Beverly beach. We are going to see about getting a projector that hooks to the laptop PC so we can give slide show of our trip back east. I am hoping to meet some of the other forum members on the trip back to Wisconsin. I'll post a tenative intinerary when the date gets closer.

What else can I say ? I was quite possibly the best camping trip I have had ever. Even tho I slept on the floor in my half done Caravel. I feel like I am a very lucky man, having met such a great group here on the forums.

I will add one note, replacing the axle is by far the best thing I have done on this project. I left some things out on purpose before I left. Things that would easily tip over or walk across the floor. When I got home, they were just as I had left them. I didn't baby it either. I put it thru its paces on the way home. I am convinced that if you buy a vintage unit and the axle is questionable, replace it, the difference will be worth the money hands down.

If anyone wants copies of the pics that Theo and I have taken just PM me with your regular email addy and I will send you the whole lot.

Thats about it for now. Have a good week and lets rally again soon !

Anything coming up inbetween now and October ? I am goin on a shakedown trip in about 3 weeks or so. Does anyone want to organize something ? Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Thanks to all that attended, stopped by, it was good to meet you.

Chris
C Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 08:42 AM   #62
Mel
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
1960 Caravel
Edmonds , Washington
Thank you all for a great time!

What a great camping trip and it was wonderful to meet all of you! Janet and Gary, thanks so much for all the work you put into this trip - I'm just sorry we weren't able to stay and see your trio at the festival (we were driving and driving and driving - we took what felt like the extra long route home!) We're really looking forward to meeting up with y'all again!

We went to the ice caves, but didn't venture too far in as we didn't have our headlamps (those are now on the list to live permanently in the trailer!) We also checked out the natural bridges (just a mile or so past the ice caves). I'll post some pictures once I get them organized.

Thanks again - you guys are great!

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 10:55 AM   #63
1 Rivet Member

1958 18' "Footer"
Vancouver , Pacific Northwest
Wish we had stayed

We had a great time meeting all of you. Really enjoyed touring your Airstreams. Thank you. Gave us some new ideas for our little project. We are new to all of this and still have lots to learn. Sorry we missed out on the Bar-b-que and the music. Hope to make the next one.

Thanks again for a great afternoon.

Debra and Nathan
Old 07-26-2005, 10:12 AM   #64
Ron

1978 31' Sovereign
Battle Ground , Washington
Potatoes

My wife wants to clarify that she did not cook the potatoes. They must have been cooked by gremlins. She also is missing one of her white mel mack plates. It comes from an old set of dishes that she bought in an antique store to match our vintage trailer.
I am selling our 72 SOB is you know someone that wants something other than an Airstream.

1978 31 ft Soverign
herbigrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 05:37 PM   #65
3 Rivet Member

wasco , Oregon
Potato Confession

MOLLY finally confessed that she did indeed make the SCALLOPED SPUDDIES, as well as the potato bread and the "Rasberries Wasco''.

I checked the motorhome and did not find your dish Christy. Sorry!

Molly and I and ofcourse the boys ( Hank and Otto), really enjoyed meeting everyone and camping with yall. We felt very welcome and are looking forward to seeing most or all of you at Beverly Beach in October.

In the mean time, have fun and keep the shiny side up!!!

Bob of Bob and Molly
Old 10-20-2005, 10:22 PM   #66
Rivet Master

1965 17' Caravel
1968 28' Ambassador
Butte , Montana
Send a message via MSN to C Johnson Send a message via Yahoo to C Johnson
Just posted all the pics

Hi all, I just posted all of the pics I have of the Troutlake Forums Rally

Enjoy !
C Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 09:37 AM   #67
Rivet Master

2017 28' International
Western , Oregon
Fun pics, spectacular venue, great people........thanks for posting, and see you at Beverly Beach!

2017 28' Signature CCD

2017 GMC Denali HD Crew Cab 4x4
Blue Ox Sway Pro Hitch

WBCCI #3538
jordandvm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 11:39 AM   #68
Naysayer

1968 24' Tradewind
Russellville , earth
kinda makes a guy want to give this whole rally thing a go............

Visit my photography and painting website
https://rooseveltfineart.com
Instagram is r.w.roosevelt

Boondocker is offline   Reply With Quote