Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-06-2005, 06:08 PM   #41
3 Rivet Member

wasco , Oregon
Looks like we are!

wascobob---Bob and Molly and probably Hank the cow dog and Ottodog!!!

Now some questions:
1. What to bring for Sat. dinner? Molly bakes really good potato bread, warmed, toasted or french toasted (next morning). Sound good? She also makes this rasberry thing-a-majig, real tasty. Sound good?
2. You do allow motorhomes don't you? Any more of them showing up?
3. Anyone willing to sing happy birthday to me after dinner on Saturday? I hear that musical tallent is available.

Bob of Bob and Molly
Old 07-06-2005, 07:01 PM   #42
Rivet Master

2017 28' International
Western , Oregon
Welcome Bob & Molly..............and sure AS MH's are welcome......but you might be the only one to this rally! It'll be my first one to see if you will give us tours! Better ask Janet & Gary what might be needed for Sat. dinner.....a salad might be good. Looking forward to meeting you both!
I see on the ArtsFestival Schedule Janet and her Humphrey & Hartman Trio are playing Sunday afternoon at 1:30......so put that on your schedule for a must see!

2017 28' Signature CCD

2017 GMC Denali HD Crew Cab 4x4
Blue Ox Sway Pro Hitch

WBCCI #3538
jordandvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 08:37 PM   #43
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by wascobob
Looks like we are!

wascobob---Bob and Molly and probably Hank the cow dog and Ottodog!!!

Now some questions:
1. What to bring for Sat. dinner? Molly bakes really good potato bread, warmed, toasted or french toasted (next morning). Sound good? She also makes this rasberry thing-a-majig, real tasty. Sound good?
2. You do allow motorhomes don't you? Any more of them showing up?
3. Anyone willing to sing happy birthday to me after dinner on Saturday? I hear that musical tallent is available.

Bob of Bob and Molly
We will sing THE song - it provides aging protection.... kinda like sunscreen.
There is a list of menu donations in an earlier post - read it over - see what you think we need. Another dessert of some rabbit food might be good....

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 09:00 PM   #44
Rivet Master

1965 17' Caravel
1968 28' Ambassador
Butte , Montana
Send a message via MSN to C Johnson Send a message via Yahoo to C Johnson
Hi Janet, I am bringing a good friend of mine with me. Hope its ok ?

Chris
C Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 09:49 PM   #45
4 Rivet Member

2003 19' Bambi
Lincoln City , Oregon
Mary hill state park Biggs junction

The name of the campground by Mary hill museum is Maryhill State Park.

I stayed there two weeks ago when I headed out to glacier. Nice park with hookups and a very nice group camp with a covered shelter and giant fire ring. We should consider it for a future renedevous.
Old 07-07-2005, 08:53 AM   #46
Mel
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
1960 Caravel
Edmonds , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet
Stefrobrts - Stehpanie and Dave
Janet - Janet and Gary
Jordandvm - Jim and Cheryl
Mel - Mel
C Johnson - Chris
Herbigrf - Ron and Christie
jerrycavens - Jerry and Leta
wascobob - bob and molly

and...... ?
Mel is actually Mel and Lee (aka silverleeper)
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 01:26 PM   #47
Ron

1978 31' Sovereign
Battle Ground , Washington
My sister in law came down last weekend from Nome, Alaska, for the Portland Jazz Festival. She headed to the beach today and then off to Seattle, but she may come back and come to Trout Lake Jazz Festival with us.

1978 31 ft Soverign
herbigrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 03:13 PM   #48

1968 17' Caravel
An article in the Vancouver Columbian yesterday outlined a long hike in the Trout Lake area, then had this side article of things to see on the way back home. So if you have time and you're heading west from Trout Lake after the rally, you might want to hit some of these sites.

Quote:
TROUT LAKE -- Taking the backroads home from Trout Lake offers a look at four attractions in the southern Gifford Pinchot National Forest.

Instead of coming back on state Highway 141 to state Highway 14, head west from Trout Lake using roads Nos. 24, 60 and 65 through the heart of the forest.

At six miles from Trout Lake, a well-signed side road leads to the Ice Cave, a 650-foot-long cave known since the late 1800s.

At the parking lot, a staircase leads down into a 14-foot sinkhole. The Forest Service has built an interpretive display.

Ice from the cave once was hauled to The Dalles.

A mile or so farther west on road No. 24 is the Peterson Prairie Guard Station, built in 1926.

It is 18-by-26 feet with a small kitchen, living room and one bedroom. It is available for rent at www.reserveusa.com.

The cost is $50 per night plus a $9 reservation fee.

Continuing west, road No. 24 junctions with road No. 60. Take road No. 60 to Goose Lake, 58 acres and well stocked with trout by the state Department of Fish and Wildlife.

There also are native brook trout.

Goose Lake has no visible outlet. The water drains via a sinkhole. In late autumn of very dry years, the water level drops enough to expose the sinkhole.

Goose Lake has a small campground on its east side.

Continue west on road No. 60 to the junction with road No. 65 at a four-way intersection. Turn left at the intersection on road No. 65.

At about mile marker 7.5, park at a rocky spot just down from Big Huckleberry Creek. Walk down the road about 50 yards to an unmarked trailhead leading a short distance to 75-foot Panther Creek Falls. one of the most scenic in the Gifford Pinchot.

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 01:08 AM   #49
Rivet Master

1965 17' Caravel
1968 28' Ambassador
Butte , Montana
Lets rally !

Hi all, Looks like my friend and I will be up Friday evening. Who else is going to be there Friday night ? We'll bring some extra eats and refreshments. I can bring some firewood. Do they have firepits there ? You'll get to see a work in progress ! lol. I actually have to go to Glenwood for work tomorrow, which isn't far from Troutlake. I just may check out the facilities in advance, time permitting. Looking forward to getting out of town and relaxing. See you all there ! It'll be a great time !

Chris
Old 07-14-2005, 01:12 AM   #50
Rivet Master

1965 17' Caravel
1968 28' Ambassador
Butte , Montana
Hi Marc, are you going to be able to make it to the Troutlake Forum Rally??
Old 07-14-2005, 01:22 AM   #51
Rivet Master

1975 Argosy 26
1963 24' Tradewind
Seattle , Washington
Hi Chris!

Sorry, work only allows me so many w/e's off... I used last weekend for the STP (did it in one day!) I'm looking forward to the OCt rally though! Have fun this w/e!
Marc
3Ms75Argosy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 08:45 AM   #52

1968 17' Caravel
Aw, we'll miss you, Marc! See you in October!

We'll be there Friday afternoon. We'll bring some extra snacks too. Looking forward to it!

Old 07-14-2005, 10:43 AM   #53
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
We'll be in saturday - don't forget to pack raw slabs of your favorite critter for the Saturday evening BYOM (bring your own meat) BBQ! The park attendants name is LaRae. If you park in #15 she can pull power from the Bathhouse via extension cord.

See you there - hope the hills don't blow!

AirForums Custom Search
Old 07-14-2005, 11:04 AM   #54
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
1979 30' Argosy
Armada , Michigan
Man, I'm jealous, all of you 60's era owners rallying! We were the oldest by at least ten years last year at Mackinac with jcanvera and silvertwinkie and norbert, etc... Have Fun!

John
AYRSTRM2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 12:02 AM   #55

1968 17' Caravel
This was a great rally! I can't wait to see the pictures people took - I forgot my camera! I was a lot of fun though. I think we might have to do this again next year

Old 07-18-2005, 12:20 AM   #56
Rivet Master

1965 17' Caravel
1968 28' Ambassador
Butte , Montana
Here Here !!

I had a fantastic time as well ! Good music good friends, what more can ya ask for ? I am thinkin doing it again next year would be a great idea Sheph ! I'll post some pics tonight.

Chris
Old 07-18-2005, 02:22 PM   #57
Ron

1978 31' Sovereign
Cool Trout Lake Pictures

I took some pictures and will attempt to post them tonight. We had a good time and appreciate all the work that Janet and Stephanie did to coordinate the rally. Was fun to go camping with our new (old) Airstream. We are considering the fall rally at the coast, but it will depend on my work schedule and trips.

1978 31 ft Soverign
herbigrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 09:58 PM   #58
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
So.... how many watermelons does it take to supply a forum rally?
hmm....

We had a great time - in fact we never took the camera out of the trailer! (no time).
Pictures would be great....
I was inspired by Mel and Lees rehab on the Safari and amazed at how much progress Chris has made on the caravel project. It is astonishing that AS folks just stop by - but they do and it's wonderful to meet 'em all.

We are going to make the BYOM BBQ a regular event - I have never seen steaks the size of those brought by Bob and Molly .... and Raspberry Wasco - is an ethereal berry concoction. I had my first Motorhome tour! Hats off to Christie for baking yummy potatoes for 16+ folks in her TT oven - that takes skill!

Michelle (cello player) has the hots for all your small trailers as well as Jerry and Letas teardrop but she most especially loved Jim and Cheryl's CCD and the pillows to go with....she was muttering something about Airstreams and Fabergé eggs....

Can't wait for the next one... Did anyone get to the ice caves?

AirForums Custom Search
Old 07-18-2005, 10:08 PM   #59

1968 17' Caravel
In what is sadly becoming a tradition I managed to leave something important at home - my hiking boots (which were sitting by the door waiting for us when we returned). So Although we made it to the mouth of the ice caves, we didn't actually dare wander in since I only had sandals on. We made it to the waterfalls, and tried to make it to the lava bed but we turned back when the road got bumpy. We decided we would rather spend the afternoon lounging around camp than bumping down a dusty dirt road!

It was great that everyone showed up and pitched in and it just spontaneously turned into a really fun rally. I really enjoyed meeting everyone new, especially herbigrf who are practically our neighbors! And of course it was great to see all our old friends again. We even had some Airstreamers who couldn't stay, but just dropped by Saturday afternoon to say hi!

I'll be glad to take some credit for yet another fun weekend, but I hate to give away the secret - it's no trouble at all! Just give Airstreamers a place to gather, and a party breaks out!

Old 07-18-2005, 11:22 PM   #60
Rivet Master

2017 28' International
Western , Oregon
We had a stupendous time.....arrived a day early to check out the area, then greeted everyone as they arrived! It was a fun CG (low key), even tho we were outnumbered by river runners! I had a great time at the campfire strummin' my guitar and botching all the words to the few songs I know! It was my first time to see an AS MH, and an Ebay purchase to boot......thanks WascoBob & Molly for the tour!
We were also impressed with Chris's Caravel and Mel and Lee's Safari....too cute !
I felt embarrassed that I asked Gary to check out my electrical system because I wasn't getting power from my generator.......turns out I didn't have a good connection from my pigtail into the genset Thanks Gary for your help.....I owe you one. Thanks too, for the great Sunday breakfast!

We also made it to the ice caves, but found it too cold (if you can believe it in the middle of July) to make the tour......it must have been 30 degrees in there!

Here are a few pics of the rally, including Janet's trio performing at the Arts Festival. Sweet sound!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3675 copy.JPG
Views:	133
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	13415   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3685 copy.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	13416  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3682 copy.jpg