Old 05-26-2013, 06:40 PM   #113
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westfalia View Post
Yeah, the local Guadalupe is really movin right now. The inaugural run in the new kayak was supposed to be yesterday. I'll have to wait a few days for the water to go down. That's good news for San Marcos. Toob'n is no fun when your butt is dragging on the rocks.
Yeah, I saw your new Kayak yesterday. Good thing you weren't out in the rain as you may have sunk! On a personal note, hope all is well with the family and the baptism of Connor. Dang man...when are we hanging out again?

Old 05-27-2013, 07:01 AM   #114
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Longview , Texas
Hi All.
I'm so sad to let you guys know that Edd will not be coming to the rally. Health issues. I am so disappointed! Have fun and we hope to see you down the road.
Mendy

Old 05-27-2013, 08:00 AM   #115
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggie90 View Post
Hi All.
I'm so sad to let you guys know that Edd will not be coming to the rally. Health issues. I am so disappointed! Have fun and we hope to see you down the road.
Mendy
By all means, please have Edd get better. There will always be additional camping trips and events. We wish him all the best,

Steve
Old 05-27-2013, 08:16 PM   #116
3 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
Hillsboro , Texas
Steve, is there plenty of firewood there? We can bring some if needed. Also, what do most people do while there...tube or kayak...or anything else...we are bringing a tube and wondered what we might need in the way of water toys or equipment. Also, is there a compressor there we can use to air ours up? Thanks!
Old 05-27-2013, 09:30 PM   #117
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by divadebi View Post
Steve, is there plenty of firewood there? We can bring some if needed. Also, what do most people do while there...tube or kayak...or anything else...we are bringing a tube and wondered what we might need in the way of water toys or equipment. Also, is there a compressor there we can use to air ours up? Thanks!
Hello Debi,

There usually is firewood for sale at the park, but in recent years we have had a burn ban in effect. With the amount of rain we have had in the past three days, we are definitely not in burn ban territory. In years past, we have used my small propane fire dancer for the ambiance (which I will bring again). When I talked to the owner earlier today, he told me that any wood burning fires would need to be off ground in the area between the 200 and 300 numbered spaces. On the map it shows there are fire pits, but we have never used them due to the burn bans.

Tubing and kayaking are very popular on the river, and there is a fair amount of both. In my opinion, tubing is your better choice. Why? Because of the long hill you will be carrying your tube or kayak up after your trip. If you put in at the bridge one mile upstream and get out at the park, the walk uphill with a kayak may tire you out quite a bit. The park has a tubing rental shack that will most likely fill your tubes up with air. We usually have one, and now I am going to have to look for it since it is convenient to have.

Steve
Old 05-27-2013, 10:33 PM   #118
4 Rivet Member

1978 31' Sovereign
Springfield , Missouri
Regina and I up here Springfield MO, getting ready to head south on Thursday, Don't know if we'll make it or.

I camped next to Frenchie in Eureka Springs. I told him he needed to quit buying French tires because they are always going down on him.

On the news up here tonight showed San Antonio flooded and storms to hit here tonight.
Old 05-27-2013, 10:59 PM   #119
2 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari
San Antonio , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lee View Post
Regina and I up here Springfield MO, getting ready to head south on Thursday, Don't know if we'll make it or.

I camped next to Frenchie in Eureka Springs. I told him he needed to quit buying French tires because they are always going down on him.

On the news up here tonight showed San Antonio flooded and storms to hit here tonight.
Hello, my name is Dwayne Bess. We are going to be at the rally. We lived in Springfield for a number of years. All three of my children were born at Cox Hospital. Have been gone for 17 years. I am sure it has really changed. Hope to get there some day to show the kids. We use to live on east lark street. Down by the quarry. I worked at Kraft. Is it still there?? Looking forward to meeting you if y'all make it.
Old 05-28-2013, 12:35 PM   #120
3 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
Hillsboro , Texas
OK, Another question: Is there going to be an open house of trailers? It sounds like we will all be too busy playing, but wanted to be sure. Our nephew & his wife may come for a while on Sat, they live in Austin and very interested in getting an Airstream and they would love to see some but wasn't sure if we were doing the tour.
Old 05-28-2013, 02:58 PM   #121
4 Rivet Member

1978 31' Sovereign
Springfield , Missouri
Tiny Tin-- you mean the quarry/trash dump that burned underground for years and years? naw, that's been filled over and made into a 'sister cities' park. My wife works for Cox, our daughter's boy friend works at Kraft.
Old 05-28-2013, 03:14 PM   #122
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by divadebi View Post
OK, Another question: Is there going to be an open house of trailers? It sounds like we will all be too busy playing, but wanted to be sure. Our nephew & his wife may come for a while on Sat, they live in Austin and very interested in getting an Airstream and they would love to see some but wasn't sure if we were doing the tour.

Debi,

We don't have an official time ste aside for open house tours. If there is more interest in a set time for this, perhaps we could have it on Saturday before or after dinner. My trailer is always open for tours as long as we aren't bathing, changing, or sleeping...so feel free to ask at any point we don't set up an official time.

Steve
Old 05-28-2013, 06:36 PM   #123
2 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari
San Antonio , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lee View Post
Tiny Tin-- you mean the quarry/trash dump that burned underground for years and years? naw, that's been filled over and made into a 'sister cities' park. My wife works for Cox, our daughter's boy friend works at Kraft.
No the one that is called Galloway Quarry off east Republic street and Glenstone.
Old 05-29-2013, 10:45 AM   #124
3 Rivet Member

2008 27' International FB
Shoreacres , Texas
Steve,

We will bring Tangy Spinach Salad for Saturday night potluck and we are not sure if we will arrive in time for Friday evenings potluck. We are counting down the days....

Connie
Old 05-29-2013, 02:34 PM   #125
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Here is the latest on food..keep them coming.

Friday Evening Potluck
Soldiermedic/Silverdolla-Low Country Shrimp Boil (Shrimp, potatoes, andouille, corn)
Sphere Guy-Watermelon
Divadebi-Pork Loin
Deb and Ken-Cheese Chicken Enchiladas
L.C. (Frenchy)-Jambalaya

Saturday Evening Potluck
Soldiermedic-Desert
Aggie90-Veggie dish
Sphere Guy-Watermelon
Silverdolla-German potato salad
Divadebi-
Grilled chicken breasts and a broccoli carrot salad
Deb and Ken-Pulled Pork

Craig C-Grilled Chicken
Silver Therapy-Tangy Spinach Salad

Mellie-Queso appetizer

Old 05-29-2013, 03:09 PM   #126
cwf
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Hillsboro , Texas
Depending on what we can "fill the gap" with each nite my Bride suggested pie(s) and/ or Brisket

cwf is offline   Reply With Quote