Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-30-2013, 09:59 AM   #141
3 Rivet Member

2008 27' International FB
Shoreacres , Texas
Woo hoo! Wishing we were there already!
Old 05-30-2013, 10:11 AM   #142
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
A quick trip to the store and now some PBJ sandwiches before hitting the road!
Old 05-30-2013, 01:16 PM   #143

Currently Looking...
spring , Texas
HELP _ Newbie owner in Austin : bought 1984 Airstream : need new a/c unit.
And a few other repairs:
Can anyone recommend the best/good Trailer repair shop?- in Austin.
Thanks....
spark1946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 06:13 AM   #144
4 Rivet Member

1978 31' Sovereign
1984 31' Excella
Springfield , Missouri
Regina and I made it to Durant OK last night, staying at Choctaw KOA--- wifi is good this morning but last night was soooo slow.

Really lousy traveling weather yesterday, rain from 30 miles outside Springfield, strong head and crosswinds, and highway 69 from Big Cabin OK to Durant was one bumpy ride, won't be taking this road again. It was a rough pull.

This morning the weather looks bleak, I went out and walked Toby the Schnauzer at 6, wind blowing so hard bending bushes over...
Jim Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 06:17 AM   #145
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lee View Post
Regina and I made it to Durant OK last night, staying at Choctaw KOA--- wifi is good this morning but last night was soooo slow.

Really lousy traveling weather yesterday, rain from 30 miles outside Springfield, strong head and crosswinds, and highway 69 from Big Cabin OK to Durant was one bumpy ride, won't be taking this road again. It was a rough pull.

This morning the weather looks bleak, I went out and walked Toby the Schnauzer at 6, wind blowing so hard bending bushes over...
Jim, keep trucking. Weather here is amazing. A cool breeze came across last night, but during the day it is hot..."hotter than Africa" were one attendees words!

Steve
Old 05-31-2013, 08:24 AM   #146
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody Ranch
Thinking of you Guys!

I'd show up just for the food. Have fun and watch the weather.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Shell off.jpeg
Views:	133
Size:	150.3 KB
ID:	186955  
Old 05-31-2013, 08:27 AM   #147
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melody Ranch View Post
I'd show up just for the food. Have fun and watch the weather.
You better get on the road if you want to make it for dinner the Robin. We have 15 trailers on site including a few SOBs...but we don't mind! We are currently brewing Independence coffee company tea and coffee, and it plans to be a hot one today!
Old 05-31-2013, 03:36 PM   #148
3 Rivet Member

Shoreacres , Texas
Steve, what time is tonight's potluck? We got hung up in stopped traffic on I 10 and running behind anticipated arrival time. There was an accident with a Hummer pulling a travel trailer.
Old 05-31-2013, 04:02 PM   #149
Shelly and Richard

1973 27' Overlander
1959 24' Tradewind
Kopperl , Texas
Supper time 6:00 pm. We'll be waiting for you.
traveluminum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 04:13 PM   #150
3 Rivet Member

Shoreacres , Texas
20 miles til park entry. See ya in a few
Old 05-31-2013, 08:18 PM   #151
4 Rivet Member

1978 31' Sovereign
1984 31' Excella
Springfield , Missouri
Regina and I made to the park in the most serendipious manner.

Going through Austin was horrible! Next time, if there is one, we'll take the toll road bypass. Lots of rear end collisions on I-35 and bumper to bumper traffic. Hint, we leave 3 or 4 car lengths from the vehicle in front of us because we can't stop on a dime, when you cut in front of us you don't gain anything.

So, heading South we decide that we aren't going to make San Antonio and will probably want to find a spot for the night. The Texas RV guide has the back cover for Pecan Park RV park, GPS puts us less than 10 miles away.

I tell Regina that I think that's the park where the Texas Airstream folks are rallying at.

We get to the park, get a spot in the shade, I run into SoldierMedic as I am registering, he says come to the pot luck after you park.

Now, we've been on the road for two days, bad weather, bad traffic and strong headwinds. all we want to do is park and sit somewhere that isn't moving.

Lots of pretty, shiny trailers in the park. Regina and I went into to town and stocked up on supplies and are enjoying the strong wi-fi in the park.

Although we didn't make it to dinner, we still like that we are part of that Airstream crowd and we are parked next to the Knudson's who gave us the idea to paint our bottom banana peels black.... they look sharp and really add a finishing touch to our 78 Sovereign.

Tomorrow it's on to San Antonio

(we didn't have a reservation at the park, lucked out and got this spot for one night only due to a cancellation.)
Old 06-01-2013, 07:18 AM   #152
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Jim, sorry Austin was such a nightmare. There is a toll road from San Antonio to north if Austin that you could take while going back home if you like.

Before you leave, I would like to get you one of the gift bags that I have here in site 323 (Where all the flags are).
Old 06-01-2013, 11:11 AM   #153
cwf
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Hillsboro , Texas

Name:	image-2599578294.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	720.7 KB
ID:	187086
cwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 05:28 PM   #154
4 Rivet Member

1978 31' Sovereign
1984 31' Excella
Springfield , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by soldiermedic View Post
Jim, sorry Austin was such a nightmare. There is a toll road from San Antonio to north if Austin that you could take while going back home if you like.

Before you leave, I would like to get you one of the gift bags that I have here in site 323 (Where all the flags are).
Thanks Steve, but we missed you all. We were up and out of the park by 10:30-- had a nice run into San Antonio, already been to the Alamo and caught up in George Strait Martina McBride traffic, both foot and vehicular.

Seems like half this trip has been stuck in traffic! LOL!

We're heading over to Corpus Christi and then up through LA and AR on the way home-- we don't like to travel the same road twice....

It was nice seeing all the trailers in the park this morning..... saw one older Airstream on I-35 just north of San Antonio and a AS food trailer in downtown San Antonio.

Stumbled upon a really neat, derelict vintage trailer park in San Antonio while trying to get out of the traffic. I recognized a Spartan, an old Franklin and several 50s style trailers. Even the sign for the court was 50s style. It was neat but the place was really trashy. It was on Roosevelt Avenue.
Old 06-02-2013, 02:44 PM   #155
cwf
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Hillsboro , Texas

Name:	image-1696168937.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	451.9 KB
ID:	187215

C
Home and cleaned up outside!
Old 06-02-2013, 07:02 PM   #156
3 Rivet Member

1985 31' Excella
Seguin , Texas
Did anybody else suffer from hail damage from the storm this morning? The sides of my trailer that were exposed to the East and North (front and street side of my trailer) were heavily pockmarked.
I must have slept through it.
Makes me ill.
Pileus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 07:05 PM   #157
cwf
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Hillsboro , Texas
I suspect folks who were able to attend will be posting up here when they get time.

First a big ole SHOUT out to Soldiermedic, his lovely bride and great son. Wonderful job of hosting and looking after folks.

I liked meeting everyone, all new friend and blessings to know you!

Although we "signed up" late, we had awesome home for Mjolnir our Excella. When we arrived we were sent to a specific site which, upon checking, was occupied. A quick check with the "front office" and it seemed someone had parked in our assigned spot because the posted site numbers were not clear. That's just one of these things, y'all!

As it turned out we were smack between some great folk and truly blessed! Yes it helps that I could comprehend their speech, but you will have to ask them if mine was good enough. (That is a Cajun truism, y'all just gotta unnerstannn.

I arrived Thursday soon followed by a surprise, my wife was given time off to meet me early ( she was bringing two of our Granddaughters in Friday when their summer vacation started. )

Although it meant driving back to Austin, we managed to do that and got some errands run. We got back in Time for the potluck and what a spread! No one left hungry I am fairly sure.

Soldiermedic brought out his own "hot sauce" and I think it may replace my standard " Tabasco" sauce for many meals. In fact I had some to ought at home !

We had a great trailer was in the early morning Sunday. Although damp our spirits were good and warm. We packed, said our "travel well till we meet again" slaps on the back and handshakes, swapped email etc. then headed out " on time!

These times are memories for us, sure, but thanks to all who shared this time in their lives, we are the better for it.

Oh, because of your patience my granddaughter played a tune for her parents when we arrived home and she did not miss a note because she practiced! Thank you!
Old 06-02-2013, 07:38 PM   #158
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Warren,

We heard two hail hits this morning, but we are not showing any pock marks. Sorry to hear about your trailer.

Aside from the rain this morning, it was a great weekend. It was pretty hot, but the mornings were cool, and we had a nice breeze in the evening. Many folks were first timers to the event while some were on their 2nd or 3rd time attending, and we even had a bunch of folks attending their first Airstream rally event. The dinners were fantastic, the river was refreshing, and the fireside conversations were full of laughter.

Thanks to everyone who came out and shared in the good times. Another thanks to those who donated prizes, money for keg ice, a tarp, or their talent as an artist. Without ya'll this rally wouldn't have been anything compared to what it was.

It was really nice to have some other kids attending this year..I hope it continues in the future.

Sid, tell Sammy that his Rabbit is always welcome at any potluck!

See you all down the road!

Steve
Old 06-02-2013, 08:12 PM   #159
2 Rivet Member

2010 27' FB Flying Cloud
Houston , Texas
Steve,

Thank you for putting together such a wonderful Rally. Great weather, food and friends.
Old 06-02-2013, 09:49 PM   #160
3 Rivet Member

1985 31' Excella
Seguin , Texas
Steve,
Thanks to you and Amy for putting together such a great rally. We had fun last year, but I think this year's rally topped it. Enjoyable company, outgoing friendliness, and good weather made for a relaxing and enjoyable time.
Excepting my dutch-oven smore fiasco, food this year was better than ever. Hopefully some of you will post recipes here (I liked the potato salad, hint). I'm still working on the carbon deposit on the bottom of my pot.
Thanks too to sponsors who provided prizes and the beer; to Camper Clinic II for displaying a new Airstream International at the rally. It drew a lot of interest, a beauty.
Seeing so many Airstreams together is a beautiful sight.
Hope everyone gets home o.k. with happy memories.
Pileus is offline   Reply With Quote