Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-22-2005, 08:37 AM   #1
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
The Metro-Detroit Otisville MI Forums Rally is only weeks away

It's right around the corner

The Metro-Detroit Otisville MI Forums Rally is only weeks away. August 26th-28th

But there is still time to think about attending. Don't miss it! C'mon and join us.

Covenant Hills RV Campground, Otisville, MI.
http://www.covenanthills.org/rv/

The number for Covenant Hills Campground is:
810-631-4531
When making your reservation be sure to tell them that you are booking for the Airstream Forums Rally. They will assign you a spot in the "Valley" section of the campground. We are all going to be on adjoining sites.

Cost: $25/night per family
Group sites guaranteed. We will be given a block of sites to choose from. You pick the site you want on a first come first served forum member preference.
Full hook-ups at ALL sites guaranteed. Water/Elec/Sewer
Free use of their new adjoining pavilion at NO EXTRA CHARGE.
Swimming, boating, fishing. nature center, trails, horseback riding
Planned activities for children
2 playgrounds
Close to Frankenmuth, MI. (Bronner's, Zehnder's, etc...)

If you are attending please e-mail a picture of your unit if you have one, or specify the model and year of your Airstream along with the names of attendees and gender and ages of children. And not to forget our furry friends please include breeds of your pets and/or picture.

Thank you, and looking forward to seeing you all there. : )

Carol Baidinger
baidinc@charter.net

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 04:36 PM   #2
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
The Metro-Detroit Otisville MI Forums Rally is only weeks away. August 26th-28th

But there is still time to think about attending. Don't miss it! C'mon and join us.
We will be given a block of sites to choose from. You pick the site you want on a first come first served forum member preference.
Free use of their new adjoining pavilion at NO EXTRA CHARGE.
Planned activities for children
If you are attending please e-mail a picture of your unit if you have one, or specify the model and year of your Airstream along with the names of attendees and gender and ages of children. And not to forget our furry friends please include breeds of your pets and/or picture.

Carol Baidinger
Thanks for the shameless plug, Carol!
It will be here before we know it. My how time flies!
I do suggest that all who are attending to please heed Carol's advice about the picture. We have decided that all who do not submit a photo for their sign will be set up with the life-like cardboard cutout of me!
It has been brought to my attention that there are some that will be attending that would like to change the name of the event from "Airstreamforums Rally" to "Lou-A-Palooza 1.0". You know who you are, so I will not embarass you by mentioning names! I considered the name change but then decided that the cardboard cutouts would be too large an expense.
Carol has suggested that I do a stand-up routine at the pavilion. I can make an appearance but I will need a few good hecklers in the audience! Please let me know if you can fill one of those positions?
The potluck is scheduled for Saturday. I will be preparing my "World Famous Smokin' Lou's Yardbird"! This does involve some secrecy while preparing and I must ask all of those who wish to pay homage to me or the Minuet to do so on the streetside of the trailer during that time.
I know it will be hard to resist the urge to bow in front of me and chant "Oh Great Argosy Jedi your wish is my command". Although that is nice you can just keep repeating how awesome my Minuet is compared to all of the unpainted Argosys.
As Carol mentioned the spots are on a first-come first-served basis. I will try to accomodate all who would love to park next to me so we will have raffle to see who the lucky winners will be! All proceeds from the raffle will be donated to the "Paint an Unpainted Argosy Fund".
I will be sure to bring the velvet ropes for the guided tour of the Minuet. With the high demand and the short amount time to tour all 19'3" of the Minuet. Please be patient and wait your turn.

Man, am I having fun with this! I have got to stop! I have gone on too long! What a hoot!
It is gonna be a fun time though! I promise I will behave!
Please come one out and join us. It will be a great time no matter how many are there but the more the merrier!
Please let Carol or I know the names of the attendees. I seem to have misplaced my list! DOH!
If there is anything special that you would like to do or bring please let all of us know!
Anon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 05:31 PM   #3
Rivet Master

All:
Carol and I have decided to get everyone that is attending the rally an "Airstream" type gift. We have already picked it out and will be ordering them this week.
If you are sitting on the fence about whether you can go or not, now would be a good time to register. We are ordering some extras but once those run out we will have to give you an IOU!
Get crackin'!
Old 07-30-2005, 08:03 PM   #4
5 rivets, 1 loose screw

1966 20' Globetrotter
Saginaw County , Michigan
Otisville is not far from me but I don't expect my GT to be ready for camping by then. Will visitors be welcome if I stop in to visit y'all?

May you camp where wind won’t hit you, where snakes won’t bite and bears won’t git you.

Rog0525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 08:17 PM   #5
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Come one Come all

Yes by all means. Please, please do come by Roger. I look forward to seeing you again. We'll be expecting you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rog0525
Otisville is not far from me but I don't expect my GT to be ready for camping by then. Will visitors be welcome if I stop in to visit y'all?

photography
Old 07-30-2005, 08:24 PM   #6
Rivet Master

Roger,
You are very welcome to join us.
My Mom and brother are coming up to see us on Saturday.
Just let them know that you are coming in to visit Carol Baidinger or Lou Patterson.
Hope to see you there!
Old 07-30-2005, 09:05 PM   #7
5 rivets, 1 loose screw

1966 20' Globetrotter
Saginaw County , Michigan
Thanks for the invite Carol and Lou. I'll plan on it. Thanks also Carol for the kind words about my home town. Frankenmuth is a small tourist town with a German theme. There's always something going on in town...Bavarian festival, beer festival, classic car shows, horse and buggy rides, river boat cruises, beer festival, German style chicken dinners, year around Christmas store, Jellystone RV park with fun for kids of all ages, etc. Did I mention the beer festival?

May you camp where wind won’t hit you, where snakes won’t bite and bears won’t git you.

Rog0525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 10:54 PM   #8
Rivet Master

Frankenmuth ROCKS!
Old 07-31-2005, 07:21 AM   #9
Itowair

2004 28' International CCD
Clinton Twp , Michigan
We are coming and have already contacted Carol.
As for the pot luck we will be making Claudias soon to be famous Super Duper Beans.

I am still trying to get more Metro Detroit WBCCI people to attend, there are currently 4 of us planning to attend , I think.

Looking foward to seeing everyone.

PS : Thanks for the homcoming photos Carol
ITOWAIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 02:14 PM   #10
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITOWAIR
We are coming and have already contacted Carol.
As for the pot luck we will be making Claudias soon to be famous Super Duper Beans.

I am still trying to get more Metro Detroit WBCCI people to attend, there are currently 4 of us planning to attend , I think.

Looking foward to seeing everyone.

PS : Thanks for the homcoming photos Carol
Thanks for trying to "rally" support for the forums rally with the Metro-Detroit WBCCI.
I was wondering if there are any plans already in place for the September buddy rally for your unit?
Old 08-05-2005, 12:51 AM   #11
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
We took a drive to the rally site today.

It was a leisurely drive for us to Otisville through Davidson from our house in Lapeer. However avoid construction delays on I-75 and US-23. Here is a link to Michigan's Department of Transportation for alternate routes. http://www.michigan.gov/mdot/

The grounds of the Covenant Hills facility are just beautiful . I shot a few pictures while exploring the area and thought I would share them with you. The large pavillion has just been screened in and it's one of the nicest I have ever seen. Our potluck will be as comfortable as it will be fun! There is plenty to do, as well as plenty of places to relax and enjoy the scenery. Cudos to Lou for finding this gem and hosting this event.

For those of you who have not as yet registered, there is space available for you.

Follow this link for more pictures of the site and maps of the campgrounds and complex. http://www.pbase.com/baidinc/covenant_hills

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	campsites3.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	13806   Click image for larger version

Name:	fishing.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	13807  

Name:	the-lake.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	13808   Click image for larger version

Name:	inside-pavillion.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	13809  

photography
Old 08-05-2005, 04:58 AM   #12
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Southeast , Michigan
Quote:

For those of you who have not as yet registered, there is space available for you.
Due to some changes in our vacation plans we are once again considering attending this Rally. What are the specifics? Are people showing up early on Friday, or after work? Are there any organized events planned other than the Pot Luck? And what's the deal with the Pot Luck - when is it and is there any specific type of dish we'd need to bring? Do you know how many forumers are planning to attend? If we sign up soon, will we still get a spot with the rest of the group?
WBCCI/VAC #702 & #6768

66Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 06:21 AM   #13
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
1979 30' Argosy
Armada , Michigan
Hey, I just want you all to know that if it weren't for the fact that we had to alter our vacation plans such that they overlapped this rally, we'd be attending. I have gotten to know Lou from his helpful hints on air conditioners and Carol clued me in to the Fantastic Fan people. So I hope you have a great time and I'll try to make it next year!

John
AYRSTRM2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 07:43 AM   #14
4 Rivet Member

2000 31' Land Yacht
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattersontoo
Thanks for trying to "rally" support for the forums rally with the Metro-Detroit WBCCI.
I was wondering if there are any plans already in place for the September buddy rally for your unit?
Here is the information. All Airstreamers and friends are welcome to attend. We would love to have many of you join us.

Jim Mickle 6980

Campfire Classic
Buddy Rally

September 23-25, 2005
Groveland Oaks Campground
Holly, Michigan

Directions:
At the corner of Dixie Hwy. and Grange Hall Road in North-ern Oakland County, just off of I-75 at Exit 101.

This will be that last rally of the year folks, so come on out and have fun with us. We will be providing dinner Friday night, at your arrival, and a catered dinner on Saturday. As always breakfast will be provided both Saturday and Sunday. If weather permits, and this being Michigan who knows, we will be having campfires both nights. We will also be joined by some of the great people from the Airstreamforums.com website. The Renaissance Festival will be going on just a ½ mile away and for some indoor fun, Great Lakes Crossing is right near by. Historic Downtown Holly is also in the mix for some outdoor fun. So come on out and met some new people. And if you just can’t wait, early parking will be available Thursday.

Camping sites include water, electric and a Dump Station, upon leaving.

Camping Fee: ________nights x _____ = $_______
For non-Oakland Co residents $28.00/night
For Oakland Co residents: @24.00/night
Hospitality Fee: Beverages
Adults $2.50 x____= $_______
Children $1.25 x____= $_______
Rally Fee:
Adults(13 & Up) $16.00 x ____= $_______
Children(12 & Under) $8.00 x ____= $_______
Total $_________

Please send in your Reservation by September 13th.

Please mail reservations to:
Sarah Jamieson
5547 Kingfisher
Clarkston, MI 48346
(248) 425-6819

Name: __________________________________________
Children: ________________________________________
Address: _________________________________________
Old 08-05-2005, 08:09 AM   #15
4 Rivet Member

2000 31' Land Yacht
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Overlander
Due to some changes in our vacation plans we are once again considering attending this Rally. What are the specifics? Are people showing up early on Friday, or after work? Are there any organized events planned other than the Pot Luck? And what's the deal with the Pot Luck - when is it and is there any specific type of dish we'd need to bring? Do you know how many forumers are planning to attend? If we sign up soon, will we still get a spot with the rest of the group?
People will be arriving all day Friday for a laid back get together. Other than the pot luck, I don't know of any planned events. Hopefully, someone will do fix up training session on something, like window weatherstrip. Some of us, who don't have to work, will be arriving early Friday, others after work. For the pot luck, bring something that you do especially well. I have had some of the greatest food ever at the Forum Rallies I have attended. I would suggest calling the campground to see if there is space in our area. I suspect so, but the campground is the best source for information. Hope that you will be able to join us. It should be great fun.

Jim Mickle 6980
jimmickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 10:03 AM   #16
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Hi Joe,

Terrific! We do so hope to see you too. Yes, there are plenty of adjoining sites available. See the first post for contacts and details

I'm certain Lou will be able to expound on this. We have three sets of volunteer greeters between noon and two but do plan to arrive whenever it is convenient for you, we'll all be there eventually. The potluck will be on Saturday. We will be having a campfire with traditional s'mores. I've got the 5# Hershey bar to give us all our sugar fix for the month There are game courts, swimming, fishing, and boating on the premises. And we thought an open house tour of units would be fun. We tried to resist the urge to over structure activities as the key to this gathering is to get acquainted with one another.

As of yesterday the list of registered attendees is as follows:

J. Mickle
L. Woodruff
M. Fisher
M. Jameson
C. Baidinger
L. Patterson
S. Fixx
D. Bates
A. Neumann
Mc Intosh

We also have visitors coming in for the day, including Roger who perhaps with a little coaxing will be able to tell us everything about the locale.

This list is not complete but in doing a review of posts I have compiled the following;

Lou is making his to die for smoked chickens, Steve is bringing his wife's famous olive nut spread, veggies, and crackers, Lou Loudruff is making sloppy joes, Annie is adding the sweet potatoe casserole, Jim (apple 1) will have a supply of firewood, and the rest of us are taking a "guess what" approach to our offerings, LOL.

As Roger mentioned there is a plethera of sights and activities in the area. One of my favorites in Frankenmuth is the town square with with clock tower. You park centrally and have access to all as you take a walking tour about Frankenmuth. The bell tower and clock performance is a highlight and moving figures emerge from opening doors depicting the story of the Pied Piper along with the narrative. World famous chicken is served by servers in Bavarian costume. River Place has a double decker paddlewheel riverboat, waterfall, and a huge wooden covered bridge. A Magical Town will make a halogram of you and your party and place you in an extraordinary minature lifelike town setting, complete with movie theatre and movie showing. As you move along the exhibit enacted dramas appear and give you a peek at various "lives" within it's town walls. A-Maze-N Mirrors lets you find your way through a maze of mirrors and glass and is quite the experience! Free nightly laser shows and street performers add to the festival environment.

Also in the immediate area, Birch Run sports every outlet store you can think of and Bonner's Christmas Wonderland is the world's largest Christmas store illuminated nightly.

Quote:

photography
Old 08-05-2005, 10:22 AM   #17
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Sorry you can't make it John. Hope you have a great vacation too, We'll be toasting a marshmellow to you in your honor and holding a spot for you next year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYRSTRM2
Hey, I just want you all to know that if it weren't for the fact that we had to alter our vacation plans such that they overlapped this rally, we'd be attending. I have gotten to know Lou from his helpful hints on air conditioners and Carol clued me in to the Fantastic Fan people. So I hope you have a great time and I'll try to make it next year!

John

photography
Old 08-05-2005, 12:14 PM   #18
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Frankenmuth pictures

http://www.pbase.com/baidinc/frankenmuth
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_8533.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	13811   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8553.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	13812  

Name:	IMG_8576.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	13813   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8577.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	13814  

photography
Old 08-05-2005, 03:02 PM   #19
Rivet Master

Quote:
The specifics are as follows:
Covenant Hills Campground in the scenic metropolis of Otisville, MI. Their website is: www.covenanthills.org
When you register just tell Becky at Covenant Hills that you are registering for the AirstreamForums Rally. She will put you with the rest of us.
The Potluck will be held at the screened-in pavilion and I would think that sometime around 5-6 p.m. will be good.
We are planning on doing a little something during the Potluck so be sure that you will be in attendance. We will be receiving a visit from a special friend and I would hate to have any of you miss the festivities that go along with it.
Bring what you want for the potluck. Let's see if that works this time.
Right now it looks like ten of us. I had planned on 10-20 so we will be in good shape should anyone decide to attend at the last minute.

On a side note, please feel free to invite your family and friends to attend the event if they have SOB trailers. They are more than welcome to join us. Feel free to invite family and friends to come up for the day on Saturday too. It is a fifty mile drive from Detroit, so my mother, (former WBCCI), will be joining us to see if I act like the fool she knows I am!
Carol and I will be providing some small trinkets, one of them is REALLY awesome!
Please feel free to ask Carol or I anything that you may have a need to. I can be reached on my cell phone at: 586-604-6689 or at home: 586-997-0147.
I will be posting everyone's Forums username along with their REAL names shortly. I know most of yours as we have talked quite a bit on here.
I do hope to see all of you up there! It is going to be a blast!
Old 08-05-2005, 03:04 PM   #20
Rivet Master

Quote:
[font=Arial]It was a leisurely drive for us to Otisville through Davidson from our house in Lapeer. However avoid construction delays on I-75 and US-23. Here is a link to Michigan's Department of Transportation for alternate routes.
Carol,
Thanks for the wonderful pictures!
You ROCK!