Old 08-24-2005, 09:14 PM   #85
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITOWAIR
Hey WANGONGIRL

If you are comming up Telegraph just stay on it till it runs into Dixie Highway also known as M24 in Pontiac bear left to get on Dixie. Just south of Clarkston M15 connects and you can take it all the way up to Farrand Road just north of Otisville, take a right and you will soon be at Covenant Hills.
If you want to avoid the stop and go try the US-23 route. I am taking a less direct route to avoid the stop and go too.

Old 08-24-2005, 09:16 PM   #86
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happycampers
Looking forward to meeting everyone.. we will be leaving tomorrow after work.. will be staying the night at the Flying J in London , Ont. Will be in before noon on Fri.. until then..
I have stopped at that Flying J to use the bathroom all of the time! I know it well! At least the bathroom!

Old 08-24-2005, 09:42 PM   #87
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
Mississauga , Ontario
Hi Marvin,
I plan to overnight at the Flying J as well. with luck I'll see you there.
Al
Old 08-24-2005, 10:13 PM   #88
2 Rivet Member

1967 20' Globetrotter
Vintage Kin Owner
detroit , Michigan
ITOWAIR,

Thanks for the informaiton. As it turned out Racheal Bates was kind enough to give us a call yesterday and provided us with the same info, thanks again Racheal your a Doll. Appreciate all the help we have gotten from everyone, our 58 is going to love this drive up there now. No crazy bumper to bumper that pushes that engine temp up up up. Thanks again, see ya Friday.
Old 08-25-2005, 07:30 AM   #89
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
Hello Al, We should get there around 7:00 to 8:00 if traffic is ok. See you there. Marvin
WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 09:37 PM   #90
5 rivets, 1 loose screw

1966 20' Globetrotter
Saginaw County , Michigan
You meet the nicest people at an Airstream rally...

...and some of us make more friends than others. The pic is Lou's daughter holding her new found friend, Frenzy the toad.

I spent the afternoon there as a visitor, since my fairy godmother has not yet found time to turn my silver pumpkin back into a travel trailer. I could not have been treated any nicer.
Airstream folks just might well be the friendliest folks you will ever meet.
My thanks to all for a fun visit.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Aug27^02.JPG
Views:	71
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	14283  

May you camp where wind won’t hit you, where snakes won’t bite and bears won’t git you.

Rog0525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 05:07 PM   #91
Old Paint, rolling again.

1973 Argosy 20
Lorain County , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rog0525
The pic is Lou's daughter holding her new found friend, Frenzy the toad.
APB: Frenzy, aka "the toad" was last seen hopping away from the campfire circle where small objects were being placed on sticks and lit on fire. Whereabouts unknown.
Have you never questioned those who travel? Have you paid no regard to their accounts- Job 21:29
sfixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 05:28 PM   #92
Old Paint, rolling again.

1973 Argosy 20
Lorain County , Ohio
Thumbs down Rally Pics

Here's a sneak peak from the rally. Many more photos are sure to follow...

#1: Patterson, Woodruff and Fixx Argosys arriving in caravan style
#2: General view of "The Valley" at Covenant Campground

Steve
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P8260005.JPG
Views:	65
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	14295   Click image for larger version

Name:	P8270013.JPG
Views:	74
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	14296  

Have you never questioned those who travel? Have you paid no regard to their accounts- Job 21:29
sfixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 05:42 PM   #93
2 Rivet Member

good job steve! I cant wait to see what Carol has for us to see.
Old 08-28-2005, 06:39 PM   #94
Rivet Master

Argosys-a-poppin'!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfixx
Here's a sneak peak from the rally. Many more photos are sure to follow...

#1: Patterson, Woodruff and Fixx Argosys arriving in caravan style
#2: General view of "The Valley" at Covenant Campground

Steve
Well, I did not leave Covenant Hills until 4:30 p.m.
I felt that since I was the "Host with the most" I should stick around and make sure everyone got off ok.
Carol had a slight problem with water pressure on a hose she was trying to disconnect. I got a little shower helping her unhook it.
I made it home in about 45 minutes, as I was able to do my usual 80 mph! I did have an 18-wheeler give me the official LPPI salute as I whizzed by him like a white blur! I figure he must have been at the rally to know the official LPPI salute!
I am going to upload ALL of the pictures I have as soon as I get done here.
Did everyone enjoy themselves? The Pattersons LOVED it! We wished it were longer!
Please remember to change you avatar to show your support for the LPPI!
Thanks to everyone who came! Let's do it again REALLY soon!
Old 08-28-2005, 07:39 PM   #95
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
Mississauga , Ontario
Thanks to everyone for making this a great rally. We left at 2 and got home at 8.
Not bad since we had a duty free stop and the border and an hour for Jean at the slots in Sarnia.$75.00 richer!
gotta love those slots.
Now to unpack the truck and load for work tomorrow.
Old 08-28-2005, 07:42 PM   #96
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Dear L.P.P.I. President;

We would like to lodge a formal complaint.....that we were not fast enough to travel from PEI to the Rally

Sounds like you all had a great time and we are sorry we missed it but family only happens once in a life time sometimes.......We just got back this evening around 4:00 - had a great time - lots of laughs - but I am sure we would have had even more laughs at Covenant Hills.

Just look at all those "painted ladies"!!!!!

PS Lou cudos again buddy for putting us onto Axis Henry - what a sweet ride we had. Taking the parents out meant a lot more comforts from home meaning loading up the MoonBeam to her brim Axle worked like the day she rolled off the line (and much much better)
Old 08-28-2005, 07:52 PM   #97
Rivet Master

A synopsis!

Well, the rally is done and the Minuet is back on prominent display on the driveway. I know my neighbors love to see it return so they can all look at it CONSTANTLY.
To give you a brief journal from my feeble memory you can now experience the rally from a Lou point of view. Remember, it is all about Lou!
After Steve Fixx and Larry/Lou Woodruff arrived at my home I soon discovered neither of them wanted to help me rewire my TV plug. Although, Larry did provide "technical support", by adding that it looked bad and I needed to be replacing it now. Which I promptly did.
Me and the "Argosy Posse" arrived fashionably late so we could make a dramatic entrance. It was amazing to see all of the Argosys that came to our little rally!
Friday afternoon was spent by some, standing around watching me unhitch and setting up camp. Several suggestions were made that proved to be very helpful. The only one that I did not use was the "You gotta show more butt crack when you are doing that", suggestion.
After all of the introductions, I made my way to everyone's trailer trying to mooch anything I could in the way of food and beverage. Annie and Marvin became my best friends because they brought along the "Canadian Lemonade" I so enjoy!
The campfire Friday night was "moonless" but still full of good conversation. Unfortunately none of us play folk or bluegrass songs so we stuck to the topic of how famous I could be if only more people got to know me!
I started SMOKING the chickens around 11 p.m. for the potluck dinner on Saturday. I have to emphasize "SMOKED" as some us are confusing the word "SMOKED" for a different word. We all know who you are....
I will post the events of Saturday later.
Right now I am trying to upload all of the pictures onto my Yahoo! account for all to see.
Old 08-28-2005, 08:09 PM   #98
Itowair

2004 28' International CCD
Clinton Twp , Michigan
We also made it home safe and sound.
I would like to point out that ther were several of those other trailers there, You know the unpainted Argosys, and even a Foo Foo model.

The rally was absoluity wounderful , we enjoyed ourselves completely.

It was the very best Internet date I have ever been on.

Thanks to all of you who attended and made this one heck of a good time.

And Remember "ITS ALL ABOUT LOU "

Love you man , but not in that you know kind of way.