Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-22-2005, 07:49 PM   #71
2 Rivet Member
 
wagongirl's Avatar
 
1967 20' Globetrotter
Vintage Kin Owner
detroit , Michigan
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 59
Images: 11
At first we thought of the 23 route, but thought that,that was out of the way. But if 75 is that messed up we'd rather go up to 23 than bother with all the mess.
Thanks, Beth
__________________

__________________
wagongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 07:54 PM   #72
Rivet Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by wagongirl
At first we thought of the 23 route, but thought that,that was out of the way. But if 75 is that messed up we'd rather go up to 23 than bother with all the mess.
Thanks, Beth
I was up that way a month ago and the M-15/I-75 interchange. It was a MESS! They also had I-75 down to one lane for about a mile. Not sure what it is like right now. Better safe than sorry.
__________________

__________________
Anon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 08:06 PM   #73
2 Rivet Member
 
wagongirl's Avatar
 
1967 20' Globetrotter
Vintage Kin Owner
detroit , Michigan
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 59
Images: 11
Goodnuff!! We'll go back to original plan of 23.

See ya Friday. Be safe driving everyone!
Kirk and Beth
__________________
wagongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 08:09 PM   #74
Rivet Master
 
66Overlander's Avatar
 
1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Somewhere , in the USA
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,981
Images: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffTerry
So how was the WBCCI?
What did you do?
Eat?
Was it fun?
Have photos?

Jeff
We had a good time. Things were kinda of slow paced (which was fine by us), but everyone was very nice to us and surprisingly we weren't the youngest ones there (but close). The biggest event we participated in was the Paddlewheel boat ride on the river in Frankenmuth. There was entertainment each night, ranging from a comedian to a hypnotist to karaoke. There were plenty of opportunities to get to know others from the WBCCI Michigan, Metro-Detroit, and Mid-East Michigan units and even a few from out-of-state units. There was a continental breakfast each morning, except Saturday when they had ham and eggs. Just one evening meal was provided. Trailers ranged from 1964 to 2005 and there were a few MoHo's, too, but no Argosies that I remember. I didn't really take too many photo's and those that I did are still in the camera waiting to be developed.
__________________
Joe
Wally Byam Caravan Club International Historian
Vintage Airstream Club Historian
WBCCI/VAC #6768

(Looking for a vintage 1960's fiberglass front window guard)
66Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 08:15 PM   #75
Rivet Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Overlander
We had a good time. Things were kinda of slow paced (which was fine by us), but everyone was very nice to us and surprisingly we weren't the youngest ones there (but close). The biggest event we participated in was the Paddlewheel boat ride on the river in Frankenmuth. There was entertainment each night, ranging from a comedian to a hypnotist to karaoke. There were plenty of opportunities to get to know others from the WBCCI Michigan, Metro-Detroit, and Mid-East Michigan units and even a few from out-of-state units. There was a continental breakfast each morning, except Saturday when they had ham and eggs. Just one evening meal was provided. Trailers ranged from 1964 to 2005 and there were a few MoHo's, too, but no Argosies that I remember. I didn't really take too many photo's and those that I did are still in the camera waiting to be developed.
Argosys ROCK!
Our rally has 7 Argosys, out of a grand total of 16 units.
We will also have the webmaster of www.argosytrailers.com , Shawn Simcheck at the rally! He has got to have the LARGEST collection of Argosy pictures around!
__________________
Anon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 08:17 PM   #76
Rivet Master
 
66Overlander's Avatar
 
1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Somewhere , in the USA
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,981
Images: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattersontoo
Joe,
We are planning on leaving from 19 Mile Rd. and Van Dyke right around noon or 1:00 p.m. We would love to have you join us!
Lou,
Sorry, but we'll be putting in almost a full day at work, so we'll be heading up much too late to make your rendezvous. Realistically, we might not get there until early evening (at least hopefully with enough time to set up camp before dark). The more I think about it, I think we may head north from Rochester eventually zig-zagging our way over to M-24 which we will take to I-69 to M-15. I agree with other posts here that I-75 & M-15 is a mess to be avoided at all costs and I have my doubts about I-75 & M-24 at rush hour. I think in any case for us it'll be slow going, but we will eventually get there.
__________________
Joe
Wally Byam Caravan Club International Historian
Vintage Airstream Club Historian
WBCCI/VAC #6768

(Looking for a vintage 1960's fiberglass front window guard)
66Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 08:25 PM   #77
Rivet Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Overlander
Lou,
Sorry, but we'll be putting in almost a full day at work, so we'll be heading up much too late to make your rendezvous. Realistically, we might not get there until early evening (at least hopefully with enough time to set up camp before dark). The more I think about it, I think we may head north from Rochester eventually zig-zagging our way over to M-24 which we will take to I-69 to M-15. I agree with other posts here that I-75 & M-15 is a mess to be avoided at all costs and I have my doubts about I-75 & M-24 at rush hour. I think in any case for us it'll be slow going, but we will eventually get there.
Well, like Tom Bodette says, "We'll leave a light on for you."
No worries, bro. We will wait up for you if need be!
__________________
Anon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 04:55 PM   #78
Old Paint, rolling again.
 
sfixx's Avatar
 
1973 Argosy 20
Lorain County , Ohio
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 556
Images: 12
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattersontoo
The trip from my house to the campground is 59 miles.
...
What time do you guys plan on leaving?
Lou, We'll leave my house by 8:30am, and plan to be in your neighborhood between 12 and 12:30pm. The boys and I are planning on packing lunch so that will not delay us, but I'm not sure what Larry and Lou want to do about that.

Cya,

Steve
__________________
Have you never questioned those who travel? Have you paid no regard to their accounts- Job 21:29
sfixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 05:34 PM   #79
2 Rivet Member
 
JeffTerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 32
Well I guess I will be the fisrt one up there at Wednesday afternoon. I am going to take it there and leave it for the rest of the week. I will be going back and fourth all weekend so if anyone should need anything, I will be able to pick it up for them.
Look forward to seeing you all at Covenant Hills...Friday afternoon or later!!

Jeff
__________________
JeffTerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 05:46 PM   #80
Rivet Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfixx
Lou, We'll leave my house by 8:30am, and plan to be in your neighborhood between 12 and 12:30pm. The boys and I are planning on packing lunch so that will not delay us, but I'm not sure what Larry and Lou want to do about that.

Cya,

Steve
Steve,
I will go with the flow.
I have already told my "kin" that lives right across the street that they are in for a show!
I will dig out that old stainless steel stove for you too. Will you have room for it?
Talk to you soon, buddy!

Lou
__________________
Anon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 06:36 PM   #81
Rivet Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,183
Jeff Terry called me earlier from Covenant Hills. He towed his trailer up there this afternoon.
He says that "The Valley" is shady and we are near the bath house and the chapel. TOO COOL!
I am glad that it is all that and then some. I cannot wait!
T-minus 41.5 hours and counting!
__________________
Anon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 06:59 PM   #82
Itowair
 
2004 28' International CCD
Clinton Twp , Michigan
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 131
Images: 12
Hey WANGONGIRL

If you are comming up Telegraph just stay on it till it runs into Dixie Highway also known as M24 in Pontiac bear left to get on Dixie. Just south of Clarkston M15 connects and you can take it all the way up to Farrand Road just north of Otisville, take a right and you will soon be at Covenant Hills.
__________________
ITOWAIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 07:00 PM   #83
Rivet Master
 
wheel interested's Avatar
 
2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 7,039
well alrighty

Cleanliness next to Godliness.



Quote:
Originally Posted by pattersontoo
Jeff Terry called me earlier from Covenant Hills. He towed his trailer up there this afternoon.
He says that "The Valley" is shady and we are near the bath house and the chapel. TOO COOL!
I am glad that it is all that and then some. I cannot wait!
T-minus 41.5 hours and counting!
__________________
Caroljb



photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 08:32 PM   #84
Rivet Master
 
Happycampers's Avatar
 
1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 1,652
Looking forward to meeting everyone.. we will be leaving tomorrow after work.. will be staying the night at the Flying J in London , Ont. Will be in before noon on Fri.. until then..
__________________

__________________
Marvin & Annie
Niki (fur baby)
1979 Argosy 30 (Costalotta)
WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
AIR Midwest : midwest rally maznblu Forum Rallies & Meet Ups 18 01-01-2010 09:55 PM
Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta Rally... InsideOut WBCCI Rallies & Events 28 12-08-2006 06:39 PM
Photos from the St. Patricks Day Rally @ Desert Star Ranch Andy R Forum Rallies & Meet Ups 4 03-22-2005 12:07 AM
Mystic Springs 2003 rally!! thenewkid64 Forum Rallies & Meet Ups 41 04-02-2003 05:52 PM


Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.