Old 08-17-2005, 05:56 PM   #57
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3237
Beth and Kirk have called and invited me.. Room for one more?? Sounds like fun..
How early can we arrive??

Thanks - John
SURE!
Arrive as early as you want.
I do believe that there is an arrival time of 12 p.m. or 1 p.m. This is for the day of your arrival. You can get there as early in the week as the park will let you. Just let us know that you are all booked with Becky at Covenant Hills so we can add you to the roster!
We also need the names of all of those in your party and the ages of any children that may be coming with you.
We are doing something small for the children and an age is needed to make it appropriate.
We are doing signs for the front of the trailers so that it will be easier for all of those attending to know who is who!
WOW! Out little rally is not so little, now is it?

Old 08-18-2005, 07:22 PM   #58
2 Rivet Member

Question

T-Shirt/Prizes Update:

The art work is complete. T-Shirts will be printed Monday and picked up Wednesday. Lou Patterson and myself are going to the shop with intentions to give the art work the final approval for production. I have a feeling you will all approve.

We have collected a door prize for every trailer that shows up ($25-$35) per item. (very exciting)!
and one low cost cool $2 raffle prize for airstream enthuists.

Please give me some Karma.
Jeff

Old 08-18-2005, 08:33 PM   #59
Rivet Master

I nominated this picture for the front of the T-shirts!
Candie thinks I should just keep it to myself though!
I must share it with the attendees though!
What do you guys think?
Attached Images

Old 08-18-2005, 08:38 PM   #60
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
tee shirt art

That photo is just too scary!!! Save it for the Halloween tee!! We don't want to scare the children!! LOL
Just kiddin'!!
Lou
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 08:47 PM   #61
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudruff
That photo is just too scary!!! Save it for the Halloween tee!! We don't want to scare the children!! LOL
Just kiddin'!!
Lou
And all this time I thought I was just plain sexy!
Old 08-19-2005, 06:55 PM   #62
2 Rivet Member

Angry Photo From Lou

We went with the pic of Lou's face for the front t-shirts. However, the printing machinery rejected the picture and blew up . We are stuck with our origional idea for t-shirts I know this will be a huge dissapointment to all.

Jeff.
Old 08-19-2005, 07:37 PM   #63
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffTerry
We went with the pic of Lou's face for the front t-shirts. However, the printing machinery rejected the picture and blew up . We are stuck with our origional idea for t-shirts I know this will be a huge dissapointment to all.

Jeff.
What was the problem? Was my picture too sexy?
Old 08-21-2005, 11:48 PM   #64
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Somewhere , in the USA
5 days and counting . . .

Passed the turn off to Covanent Hills today on M-15 on the way back from the WBCCI Michigan State Rally in Vassar. It'll be interesting to contrast a Forum Rally to a WBCCI Rally on consecutive weekends!

Can't believe the Forum Rally is only five days away! Actually only four days away in a way, because we'll be pulling the Airstream back out of storage on Thursday to get it ready, so we can be "on the road to Otisville" in a matter of minutes after getting home from work on Friday.

Earlier in this string it was mentioned that Lou and others might be caravaning up to the event. I suspect that we'll be running too late to make the caravan (but just in case, when/where do you plan to meet?), but I am interested in any ideas you have as far as a route from the Metro Detroit area to Covenant Hills. Today M-15 had two minor construction sites when we travelled it, but I doubt those will be a major issue. I suspect the biggest issue will be getting to the M-15 exit on I-75, at least for those of us who have to travel during rush hour (or later), due to constuction on I-75, especially as you approach the M-15 exit.

Also, when returning home to the south after the Rally, it should be noted that the M-15 entrance onto southbound I-75 is closed. The detour signs didn't make any sense, so we created our own detour today. I don't expect this situation will have changed by next week, so some pre-thought as to the route home may be warranted for those of us that live to the south.
WBCCI/VAC #6768

(Looking for a vintage 1960's fiberglass front window guard)
66Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 03:52 PM   #65
2 Rivet Member

Post How was it?

Passed the turn off to Covanent Hills today on M-15 on the way back from the WBCCI Michigan State Rally in Vassar. It'll be interesting to contrast a Forum Rally to a WBCCI Rally on consecutive weekends!

So how was the WBCCI?
What did you do?
Eat?
Was it fun?
Have photos?

Jeff
Old 08-22-2005, 04:21 PM   #66
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Overlander
Earlier in this string it was mentioned that Lou and others might be caravaning up to the event. I suspect that we'll be running too late to make the caravan (but just in case, when/where do you plan to meet?), but I am interested in any ideas you have as far as a route from the Metro Detroit area to Covenant Hills. Today M-15 had two minor construction sites when we travelled it, but I doubt those will be a major issue. I suspect the biggest issue will be getting to the M-15 exit on I-75, at least for those of us who have to travel during rush hour (or later), due to constuction on I-75, especially as you approach the M-15 exit.
Joe,
We are planning on leaving from 19 Mile Rd. and Van Dyke right around noon or 1:00 p.m. We would love to have you join us!
As for an "alternate route", I am planning on avoiding the mess on M-15 by going north on M-53 to I-69 West to M-15 North. It may be a little logner but I really do not want to mess around with the M-15/I-75 interchange. It will probably be shorter in time going my way.
Let me know if we can caravan together! That will make four "round jobs" heading north!
Old 08-22-2005, 06:24 PM   #67
Old Paint, rolling again.

1973 Argosy 20
Lorain County , Ohio
Post Louie Louie+Larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattersontoo
That will make four "round jobs" heading north!
Lou, I'm bringing a pair of FRS radios that we could use enroute while caravaning. I do not have a CB but I can monitor those channels on my scanner. How long will the trip from your house to Covanent Hills be?

Since Larry W. is a pro driver I was hoping to just follow him from here to your house

I'm starting to get the TT ready tonight. Can't wait...

Steve
Have you never questioned those who travel? Have you paid no regard to their accounts- Job 21:29
sfixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 06:33 PM   #68
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfixx
Lou, I'm bringing a pair of FRS radios that we could use enroute while caravaning. I do not have a CB but I can monitor those channels on my scanner. How long will the trip from your house to Covanent Hills be?

Since Larry W. is a pro driver I was hoping to just follow him from here to your house

I'm starting to get the TT ready tonight. Can't wait...

Steve
The trip from my house to the campground is 59 miles.
The FRS radios are a cool idea. The one up front and the one in back should have them in case someone needs a "potty stop".
We may have four of us going! That would be cool!
I will be using my laptop with my GPS unit. It works EXTREMELY well. I think I should be the lead in that case.
We can take our time. No rush for me.
What time do you guys plan on leaving?
Old 08-22-2005, 07:10 PM   #69
2 Rivet Member

1967 20' Globetrotter
Vintage Kin Owner
detroit , Michigan
Hi all,

Yahoo, mapquest, and expedia all take us down telegraph to Sq.lake to I75 to m15!! Anyone got ideas on a hassel free/backup free/ boil the old V8 overfree route up to the rally???
Help me and my 58 out Coming from Telegraph and Plymouth road in Redford

Thanks, Beth
Old 08-22-2005, 07:26 PM   #70
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagongirl
Hi all,

Yahoo, mapquest, and expedia all take us down telegraph to Sq.lake to I75 to m15!! Anyone got ideas on a hassel free/backup free/ boil the old V8 overfree route up to the rally???
Help me and my 58 out Coming from Telegraph and Plymouth road in Redford

Thanks, Beth
Beth,
If you can get to US-23, I would take that to Flint. Take I-69 East to M-15 North. That might even be quicker for you guys and keep the 58 running
See you there!