Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-18-2005, 07:47 PM   #61
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudruff
That photo is just too scary!!! Save it for the Halloween tee!! We don't want to scare the children!! LOL
Just kiddin'!!
Lou
And all this time I thought I was just plain sexy!
Anon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 05:55 PM   #62
2 Rivet Member

Angry Photo From Lou

We went with the pic of Lou's face for the front t-shirts. However, the printing machinery rejected the picture and blew up . We are stuck with our origional idea for t-shirts I know this will be a huge dissapointment to all.

Jeff.
JeffTerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 06:37 PM   #63
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffTerry
We went with the pic of Lou's face for the front t-shirts. However, the printing machinery rejected the picture and blew up . We are stuck with our origional idea for t-shirts I know this will be a huge dissapointment to all.

Jeff.
What was the problem? Was my picture too sexy?
Old 08-21-2005, 10:48 PM   #64
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Southeast , Michigan
5 days and counting . . .

Passed the turn off to Covanent Hills today on M-15 on the way back from the WBCCI Michigan State Rally in Vassar. It'll be interesting to contrast a Forum Rally to a WBCCI Rally on consecutive weekends!

Can't believe the Forum Rally is only five days away! Actually only four days away in a way, because we'll be pulling the Airstream back out of storage on Thursday to get it ready, so we can be "on the road to Otisville" in a matter of minutes after getting home from work on Friday.

Earlier in this string it was mentioned that Lou and others might be caravaning up to the event. I suspect that we'll be running too late to make the caravan (but just in case, when/where do you plan to meet?), but I am interested in any ideas you have as far as a route from the Metro Detroit area to Covenant Hills. Today M-15 had two minor construction sites when we travelled it, but I doubt those will be a major issue. I suspect the biggest issue will be getting to the M-15 exit on I-75, at least for those of us who have to travel during rush hour (or later), due to constuction on I-75, especially as you approach the M-15 exit.

Also, when returning home to the south after the Rally, it should be noted that the M-15 entrance onto southbound I-75 is closed. The detour signs didn't make any sense, so we created our own detour today. I don't expect this situation will have changed by next week, so some pre-thought as to the route home may be warranted for those of us that live to the south.
WBCCI/VAC #702 & #6768

66Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 02:52 PM   #65
2 Rivet Member

Post How was it?

Passed the turn off to Covanent Hills today on M-15 on the way back from the WBCCI Michigan State Rally in Vassar. It'll be interesting to contrast a Forum Rally to a WBCCI Rally on consecutive weekends!

So how was the WBCCI?
What did you do?
Eat?
Was it fun?
Have photos?

Jeff
Old 08-22-2005, 03:21 PM   #66
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Overlander
Earlier in this string it was mentioned that Lou and others might be caravaning up to the event. I suspect that we'll be running too late to make the caravan (but just in case, when/where do you plan to meet?), but I am interested in any ideas you have as far as a route from the Metro Detroit area to Covenant Hills. Today M-15 had two minor construction sites when we travelled it, but I doubt those will be a major issue. I suspect the biggest issue will be getting to the M-15 exit on I-75, at least for those of us who have to travel during rush hour (or later), due to constuction on I-75, especially as you approach the M-15 exit.
Joe,
We are planning on leaving from 19 Mile Rd. and Van Dyke right around noon or 1:00 p.m. We would love to have you join us!
As for an "alternate route", I am planning on avoiding the mess on M-15 by going north on M-53 to I-69 West to M-15 North. It may be a little logner but I really do not want to mess around with the M-15/I-75 interchange. It will probably be shorter in time going my way.
Let me know if we can caravan together! That will make four "round jobs" heading north!
Old 08-22-2005, 05:24 PM   #67
Old Paint, rolling again.

1973 Argosy 20
Lorain County , Ohio
Post Louie Louie+Larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattersontoo
That will make four "round jobs" heading north!
Lou, I'm bringing a pair of FRS radios that we could use enroute while caravaning. I do not have a CB but I can monitor those channels on my scanner. How long will the trip from your house to Covanent Hills be?

Since Larry W. is a pro driver I was hoping to just follow him from here to your house

I'm starting to get the TT ready tonight. Can't wait...

Steve
Have you never questioned those who travel? Have you paid no regard to their accounts- Job 21:29
sfixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 05:33 PM   #68
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfixx
Lou, I'm bringing a pair of FRS radios that we could use enroute while caravaning. I do not have a CB but I can monitor those channels on my scanner. How long will the trip from your house to Covanent Hills be?

Since Larry W. is a pro driver I was hoping to just follow him from here to your house

I'm starting to get the TT ready tonight. Can't wait...

Steve
The trip from my house to the campground is 59 miles.
The FRS radios are a cool idea. The one up front and the one in back should have them in case someone needs a "potty stop".
We may have four of us going! That would be cool!
I will be using my laptop with my GPS unit. It works EXTREMELY well. I think I should be the lead in that case.
We can take our time. No rush for me.
What time do you guys plan on leaving?
Old 08-22-2005, 06:10 PM   #69
2 Rivet Member

1967 20' Globetrotter
Vintage Kin Owner
detroit , Michigan
Hi all,

Yahoo, mapquest, and expedia all take us down telegraph to Sq.lake to I75 to m15!! Anyone got ideas on a hassel free/backup free/ boil the old V8 overfree route up to the rally???
Help me and my 58 out Coming from Telegraph and Plymouth road in Redford

Thanks, Beth
wagongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 06:26 PM   #70
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagongirl
Hi all,

Yahoo, mapquest, and expedia all take us down telegraph to Sq.lake to I75 to m15!! Anyone got ideas on a hassel free/backup free/ boil the old V8 overfree route up to the rally???
Help me and my 58 out Coming from Telegraph and Plymouth road in Redford

Thanks, Beth
Beth,
If you can get to US-23, I would take that to Flint. Take I-69 East to M-15 North. That might even be quicker for you guys and keep the 58 running
See you there!
Old 08-22-2005, 06:49 PM   #71
2 Rivet Member

1967 20' Globetrotter
Vintage Kin Owner
detroit , Michigan
At first we thought of the 23 route, but thought that,that was out of the way. But if 75 is that messed up we'd rather go up to 23 than bother with all the mess.
Thanks, Beth
Old 08-22-2005, 06:54 PM   #72
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagongirl
At first we thought of the 23 route, but thought that,that was out of the way. But if 75 is that messed up we'd rather go up to 23 than bother with all the mess.
Thanks, Beth
I was up that way a month ago and the M-15/I-75 interchange. It was a MESS! They also had I-75 down to one lane for about a mile. Not sure what it is like right now. Better safe than sorry.
Old 08-22-2005, 07:06 PM   #73
2 Rivet Member

1967 20' Globetrotter
Vintage Kin Owner
detroit , Michigan
Goodnuff!! We'll go back to original plan of 23.

See ya Friday. Be safe driving everyone!
Kirk and Beth
Old 08-22-2005, 07:09 PM   #74
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Southeast , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffTerry
So how was the WBCCI?
What did you do?
Eat?
Was it fun?
Have photos?

Jeff
We had a good time. Things were kinda of slow paced (which was fine by us), but everyone was very nice to us and surprisingly we weren't the youngest ones there (but close). The biggest event we participated in was the Paddlewheel boat ride on the river in Frankenmuth. There was entertainment each night, ranging from a comedian to a hypnotist to karaoke. There were plenty of opportunities to get to know others from the WBCCI Michigan, Metro-Detroit, and Mid-East Michigan units and even a few from out-of-state units. There was a continental breakfast each morning, except Saturday when they had ham and eggs. Just one evening meal was provided. Trailers ranged from 1964 to 2005 and there were a few MoHo's, too, but no Argosies that I remember. I didn't really take too many photo's and those that I did are still in the camera waiting to be developed.
WBCCI/VAC #702 & #6768

Old 08-22-2005, 07:15 PM   #75
Rivet Master

Quote:
We had a good time. Things were kinda of slow paced (which was fine by us), but everyone was very nice to us and surprisingly we weren't the youngest ones there (but close). The biggest event we participated in was the Paddlewheel boat ride on the river in Frankenmuth. There was entertainment each night, ranging from a comedian to a hypnotist to karaoke. There were plenty of opportunities to get to know others from the WBCCI Michigan, Metro-Detroit, and Mid-East Michigan units and even a few from out-of-state units. There was a continental breakfast each morning, except Saturday when they had ham and eggs. Just one evening meal was provided. Trailers ranged from 1964 to 2005 and there were a few MoHo's, too, but no Argosies that I remember. I didn't really take too many photo's and those that I did are still in the camera waiting to be developed.
Argosys ROCK!
Our rally has 7 Argosys, out of a grand total of 16 units.
We will also have the webmaster of www.argosytrailers.com , Shawn Simcheck at the rally! He has got to have the LARGEST collection of Argosy pictures around!
Old 08-22-2005, 07:17 PM   #76
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Southeast , Michigan
Quote:
Joe,
We are planning on leaving from 19 Mile Rd. and Van Dyke right around noon or 1:00 p.m. We would love to have you join us!
Lou,
Sorry, but we'll be putting in almost a full day at work, so we'll be heading up much too late to make your rendezvous. Realistically, we might not get there until early evening (at least hopefully with enough time to set up camp before dark). The more I think about it, I think we may head north from Rochester eventually zig-zagging our way over to M-24 which we will take to I-69 to M-15. I agree with other posts here that I-75 & M-15 is a mess to be avoided at all costs and I have my doubts about I-75 & M-24 at rush hour. I think in any case for us it'll be slow going, but we will eventually get there.
WBCCI/VAC #702 & #6768

Old 08-22-2005, 07:25 PM   #77
Rivet Master

Quote:
Lou,
Sorry, but we'll be putting in almost a full day at work, so we'll be heading up much too late to make your rendezvous. Realistically, we might not get there until early evening (at least hopefully with enough time to set up camp before dark). The more I think about it, I think we may head north from Rochester eventually zig-zagging our way over to M-24 which we will take to I-69 to M-15. I agree with other posts here that I-75 & M-15 is a mess to be avoided at all costs and I have my doubts about I-75 & M-24 at rush hour. I think in any case for us it'll be slow going, but we will eventually get there.
Well, like Tom Bodette says, "We'll leave a light on for you."
No worries, bro. We will wait up for you if need be!
Old 08-23-2005, 03:55 PM   #78
Old Paint, rolling again.

1973 Argosy 20
Lorain County , Ohio
Red face

Quote:
The trip from my house to the campground is 59 miles.
What time do you guys plan on leaving?
Lou, We'll leave my house by 8:30am, and plan to be in your neighborhood between 12 and 12:30pm. The boys and I are planning on packing lunch so that will not delay us, but I'm not sure what Larry and Lou want to do about that.

Cya,

Steve
Have you never questioned those who travel? Have you paid no regard to their accounts- Job 21:29
sfixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 04:34 PM   #79
2 Rivet Member

Well I guess I will be the fisrt one up there at Wednesday afternoon. I am going to take it there and leave it for the rest of the week. I will be going back and fourth all weekend so if anyone should need anything, I will be able to pick it up for them.
Look forward to seeing you all at Covenant Hills...Friday afternoon or later!!

Jeff
Old 08-23-2005, 04:46 PM   #80
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfixx
Lou, We'll leave my house by 8:30am, and plan to be in your neighborhood between 12 and 12:30pm. The boys and I are planning on packing lunch so that will not delay us, but I'm not sure what Larry and Lou want to do about that.

Cya,

Steve
Steve,
I will go with the flow.
I have already told my "kin" that lives right across the street that they are in for a show!
I will dig out that old stainless steel stove for you too. Will you have room for it?
Talk to you soon, buddy!

Lou