Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-05-2005, 05:09 PM   #181
Old Paint, rolling again.

1973 Argosy 20
Lorain County , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by AYRSTRM2
...You were the first of a 3 coach caravan, heading north.
Actually Loudruff was the middle one
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P8260005.JPG
Views:	94
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	14486  
Have you never questioned those who travel? Have you paid no regard to their accounts- Job 21:29
sfixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 05:28 PM   #182
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfixx
Actually Loudruff was the middle one
Who is the guy with the awesome two-tone paint job bringing up the rear?
What about that sexy number up front?
Anon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 05:06 AM   #183
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
identifying the caravan

Maybe we had better get a closer look!! Nice looking bunch of Argosys, isn't it?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	MVC-003S.JPG
Views:	111
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	14507  
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 07:51 AM   #184
3 Rivet Member

1996 30' Excella
Brighton , Michigan
Lou,
Were up for an October rally depending on dates, 8 & 9th will be in Lexington KY.
Jim
apple 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 01:19 PM   #185
2 Rivet Member

Quote:
Loudruff, was that your Argosy we saw headed north on I75 Sunday, the 28th? We were headed south and saw you just south of Bay City, I think.

John
I believe that Argosy was my wife and I you seen on 75 in bay city...we seen an excello! was that you? the people were half hanging out of the window to make sure we seen them..lol. You sure it was Sunday?
I am sure if it was not you it was a forums person ( or someone just floored at a pianted version they could not believe thier eyes).We were headed north and you were headed south just south of bay city.

Jeff
JeffTerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 02:25 PM   #186
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
1979 30' Argosy
Armada , Michigan
Jeff, yeah it was Sunday, 28th. Like Loudruff and Lou P it was being towed by a van. If that wasn't you I don't know how we missed you. We were the 66 Safari.

John
AYRSTRM2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 02:30 PM   #187
2 Rivet Member

Quote:
Jeff, yeah it was Sunday, 28th. Like Loudruff and Lou P it was being towed by a van. If that wasn't you I don't know how we missed you. We were the 66 Safari.

John
Yea we went on Friday and came back Monday. We seen 2 airstreams..The one was an obvious forums person. You could tell just by how they were waving and checking out my "unit".

Jeff
Old 09-06-2005, 06:26 PM   #188
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Southeast , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattersontoo
I loved the rally so much, how about an October rally?
Someplace else?
Anyone up for a final weekend before we put the aluminum up for the winter?
Let me know!
Lou,
We might be interested depending upon when and where. Right now we are thinking of attending the WBCCI Autumn Leaf Rally in Pennsylvania from 10/2 thru 10/9. We are probably pretty close to sending our registration in for that one.

We have also considered joining the Mid-east Michigan WBCCI Unit for their fall rally in Metamora 10/21-10/23, but we've made no official decision. Louapalooza (a.k.a. the August Forum Metro Detroit Rally) a couple of weeks ago was so much fun we might just have to lean to Louapalooza II (a.k.a. an October Metro-Detroit Forum Rally), if there is a conflict with the Mid-East rally. Too many rally's, too little time.

I'll have to check with the boss before we make any decisions. In the meantime, I'll keep watching this space.
WBCCI/VAC #702 & #6768

66Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 10:06 PM   #189
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Overlander
Lou,
We might be interested depending upon when and where. Right now we are thinking of attending the WBCCI Autumn Leaf Rally in Pennsylvania from 10/2 thru 10/9. We are probably pretty close to sending our registration in for that one.

We have also considered joining the Mid-east Michigan WBCCI Unit for their fall rally in Metamora 10/21-10/23, but we've made no official decision. Louapalooza (a.k.a. the August Forum Metro Detroit Rally) a couple of weeks ago was so much fun we might just have to lean to Louapalooza II (a.k.a. an October Metro-Detroit Forum Rally), if there is a conflict with the Mid-East rally. Too many rally's, too little time.

I'll have to check with the boss before we make any decisions. In the meantime, I'll keep watching this space.
WOW! Thanks for the kind words, Joe. Louapalooza 1.0 was a BLAST! I think we should call this one Louapalooza 1.5!
I was thinking the weekend of October 14-16. This will cover all three of my and Candie's anniversaries; First Date: October 16, 1987/ Proposed marriage: October 14, 1989/ Wedding: October 15, 1994. I would LOVE to share that with all of you!
I am not sure where we could go yet. Does anyone have any sugguestions? Do we want to have it at Covenant Hills again? If we did, the potluck could be held in the "Meeting Place" hall again that would keep us out of any inclement weather. I am not picky, though. Anything will work as long as we can all get together!
Someone has mentioned doing something in the Irish Hills area. Let's get some suggestions!
Old 09-07-2005, 08:12 PM   #190
Rivet Master

Something a little south?

How would all of you feel about something out by Milan? It is about an hour outside of Detroit off of US-23.
Let me know who would be interested in going.
I have found two campgrounds in that area that have heated, indoor halls that we can use free of charge.
I have never camped in Michigan after Labor Day. I think it will be awesome to do so!
Old 09-07-2005, 09:29 PM   #191
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Southeast , Michigan
Quote:
How would all of you feel about something out by Milan? It is about an hour outside of Detroit off of US-23.
Let me know who would be interested in going.
I have found two campgrounds in that area that have heated, indoor halls that we can use free of charge.
I have never camped in Michigan after Labor Day. I think it will be awesome to do so!
I'd say something near Milan would be OK location wise. Might make it harder to get to after work than Covanent Hills was, plus it gets darker sooner. We'd probably have to take Friday off work if we wanted to set up camp in the daylight, but I have already mentioned to Lorrie that we might just have to do that for these late year events. Luckily we've got a couple of floating vacation days left to do something like that.

As far as late year camping, last year we camped on Manitoulin Island, Ontario, Canada (same latitude at the U.P., eh) the last two weeks of September, returning home October 1st or 2nd. We had great weather (warm & sunny) and other than turning the heater on in the morning for a few minutes a couple of times, we were never cold, but I think we were lucky weather wise. With the WBCCI Autumn Leaf Fesitval in PA, possibly Louapalooza 1.5, and possibly the WBCCI Mid-East Rally, all in October we will definitely be expanding the 'ole camping envelope this year.

I think it will be great to be camping when the leaves are turning - certainly those vintage Airstream publicity photos from the '60's that show such scenes are very inviting.
WBCCI/VAC #702 & #6768

66Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 12:40 PM   #192
Rivet Master

Ja Do Campground in the Irish Hills!

Well, I have called around and it looks like Ja Do Campground in the Irish Hills, (Tipton, MI), looks to be our best bet.
Their web-site is: www.jadocampground.com
Please take a look and let me know what all of you think!
I think the Irish Hills in October will be AWESOME.
They also have "Lucky Lou the Leprachaun"! He and I may be able to bond or something! After all, I am Irish!
Old 09-10-2005, 02:29 PM   #193
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
oh oh

Did you say bondage?!

Quote:
Well, I have called around and it looks like Ja Do Campground in the Irish Hills, (Tipton, MI), looks to be our best bet.
Their web-site is: www.jadocampground.com
Please take a look and let me know what all of you think!
I think the Irish Hills in October will be AWESOME.
They also have "Lucky Lou the Leprachaun"! He and I may be able to bond or something! After all, I am Irish!

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 02:53 PM   #194
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Electrical??

Hey Lou,
Check on what electrical service they have there. When we were there they had an overnight spot for us and it was 20 amp. I think more in the regular spots is available, but please check for us. It was a nice mom and pop kind of park. They have a small playground for the little gals. At least it was clean!

Lou and Larry
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 04:45 PM   #195
Itowair

2004 28' International CCD
Clinton Twp , Michigan
If you do it they will come

How could any one not want to camp with Lou.
Any place any time we are up for it.

But we are already booked for the 13 thru 15 weekend.

But if any one really has the need to go camping the Metro Detroit Unit of the WBCCI is having our Fall Rally the weekend of September 23,24,25 at Grovland Oaks in Oakland County.

Any and all are welcome to come on down or up what ever the case may be.

I know I am no Lou but I will do my best to keep the masses entertained, just do not expect a full moon at the Saturday campfire.

Contact me if interested PM email or phone.

I am a little slow on PM I fail to notice that I have them.
ITOWAIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 05:40 PM   #196
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudruff
Hey Lou,
Check on what electrical service they have there. When we were there they had an overnight spot for us and it was 20 amp. I think more in the regular spots is available, but please check for us. It was a nice mom and pop kind of park. They have a small playground for the little gals. At least it was clean!

Lou and Larry
I have a call into them right now. I got their answering machine.
If they have not called me back by tomorrow morning I will call them.
Old 09-10-2005, 05:41 PM   #197
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITOWAIR
How could any one not want to camp with Lou.
Any place any time we are up for it.

But we are already booked for the 13 thru 15 weekend.

But if any one really has the need to go camping the Metro Detroit Unit of the WBCCI is having our Fall Rally the weekend of September 23,24,25 at Grovland Oaks in Oakland County.

Any and all are welcome to come on down or up what ever the case may be.

I know I am no Lou but I will do my best to keep the masses entertained, just do not expect a full moon at the Saturday campfire.

Contact me if interested PM email or phone.

I am a little slow on PM I fail to notice that I have them.
I wish I could make the Buddy Rally but it is just out of my price range. Sounds like it would be a lot of fun!
Old 09-10-2005, 05:42 PM   #198
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
Did you say bondage?!

I said "bond"!
Carol, you REALLY need to get out more!
Old 09-10-2005, 05:43 PM   #199
2 Rivet Member

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
Did you say bondage?!

Lucky Lou meets Lucky Lou, will be out on DVD Novermber 1 check your stores..Carol, this absolutly will not qualify
Old 09-10-2005, 07:48 PM   #200
Rivet Master

Metro-Detroit Fall Rally!

I just got off of the phone with Kay from Ja Do Campground.
We can use "The Hollow" which is secluded and we can stay up as late as we want.
She said that chances are we will have free reign of the campground so our nightly campfires will not be distrubing anyone.
The area that we will be in has 20 amp service only. I have an adapter to convert my 30 amp to 20 amp. I do not believe there will be much of a need for A/C so it is no concern for me.
If we do need 30 amp service Kay said that there are other areas that they can put us but it will not be just us in those areas. The Hollow is very secluded and surrounded by hills! That sounds pretty cool to me!
So, how does everyone feel about Oct. 14-16th at Ja Do Campground?
I hope we can get the Ohio and Ontario delegates of the LPPI to attend!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	sitemap-200501.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	14563