Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-11-2012, 10:17 PM   #81
4 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Pearland , Texas
Turnout is looking good. I'm really excited about this rally. Of course I'm really excited today because I got the email from the shop I've been waiting on, my trailer is ready to pickup. I'm traveling a lot for work until about mid-October so probably going to plan a local trip the last weekend of October. I miss my trailer, ready to hook-up!
Old 09-18-2012, 10:54 AM   #82
HighTails Farm

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Houston , Texas
Looks like it's up to a dozen rally reservations so far - and it's still September!
62, 69, 70, 71, 72, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 87
AirWiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:48 AM   #83
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Holly Lake Ranch , Texas
great. guess its about time to start a potluck menu list.....
Goal15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:48 PM   #84
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goal15 View Post
great. guess its about time to start a potluck menu list.....
I already agreed to bring the plates, cups, utensils, and condiments, since I'm such a wretched cook.
Old 09-27-2012, 08:23 PM   #85
Rivet Master

1978 31' Sovereign
Texas Airstream Harbor , Zavalla, in the Deep East Texas Piney Woods on Lake Sam Rayburn
Will do a drive in on Saturday...

Once again this rally has been scheduled in conflict with the TAHI rally
just across the lake (between Broadus and Zavalla) and we will miss the opportunity to Airstream with our old friends from the Forums.

Mary and I are now living full time at TAHI and we will do our best to run down to Mill Creek for a couple of hours on Saturday...but...we extend an invitation to all to visit us at TAHI (Texas Airstream Harbor, Inc.) during your travels to or from the Texas Piney Woods Rally.

TAHI is literally just across the lake from the Mill Creek Park:

From Mill Creek go North on 96 to FM 83, take a left on 83 to 147 (Broadus), when you get to Broadus (147) turn left towards Zavalla, after you cross the lake then turn Right on Texas Airstream Harbor Road (2.1 miles after landfall on the West side of the lake), 1/2 mile North on Texas Airstream Harbor Road and take a sharp left when the main road veers right.

If you are coming from the West go 4.7 miles after you turn onto 147 from 69/63 at Zavalla, then turn left on Texas Airstream Harbor Road. Go 1/2 mile North on Texas Airstream Harbor Road and take a sharp left when the main road veers right.

TAHI is a unique Airstream opportunity on a secluded section of the largest lake totally within the borders of the great state of Texas - just 30 miles West of Toledo Bend.

PM (or call) me for additional info.

More info about our lifestyle here:

Texas Airstream Harbor, Inc.

Crappie are starting to bite and the Bass tournaments are heating up.

Happy Camping!

"Suck it up, spend the bucks, do it right the first time."

WBCCI # 1113
AirForums #1737

Trailer '78 31' Sovereign

Living Large at an Airstream Park on the Largest Lake Totally Contained in Texas
87MH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 05:01 AM   #86

2012 Interstate Coach
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87MH View Post
Mary and I are now living full time at TAHI and we will do our best to run down to Mill Creek for a couple of hours on Saturday...but...we extend an invitation to all to visit us at TAHI (Texas Airstream Harbor, Inc.) during your travels to or from the Texas Piney Woods Rally.
As it happens, I've got an extra day off that weekend, thanks to the Federal holiday, and may take you up on that offer.
Old 10-06-2012, 11:39 AM   #87
Rivet Master

1978 31' Sovereign
Texas Airstream Harbor , Zavalla, in the Deep East Texas Piney Woods on Lake Sam Rayburn
Update on Lake Fishing

To all of you wannabe fisherpeople out there planning on making it to the rally:

There are no less than three tournaments being held on the lake the same weekend as the rally.

There is a Rayburn/Toledo Bend Crappie thing headquartered in San Augustine, and also the annual Oilman's Tournament will be at the Umphrey Family Pavillion on the South end of Lake Sam Rayburn very close to Mill Creek.

The last is a much larger Bass Tournament. On Thursday and Friday it will be headquartered at Cassels-Boykin Pavillion just to the East of TAHI. On Saturday and Sunday weigh-in will be at the WalleyWorld in Lufkin. To those interested in this tournament the first place boat will take home 120,000 dollars. Read it again, 120K PLUS a bonus from Ranger boats. Total payout to participants will be between $300K and $400K. The FLW Open Bass Tournament has T. Boone Pickins, Walmart, and Ranger Boats as some of the sponsers...but...this Pro-Am event costs $4,000 per boat to enter - yes 4 Grand to go fishing for the weekend.

I expect that there will be some freebies available at the Cassels-Boykin park some time during the weekend.

Looking forward to seeing you all at Mill Creek on Saturday or before at TAHI.

"Suck it up, spend the bucks, do it right the first time."

WBCCI # 1113
AirForums #1737

Trailer '78 31' Sovereign

Living Large at an Airstream Park on the Largest Lake Totally Contained in Texas
87MH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:50 PM   #88
4 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Pearland , Texas
Hey everybody, sorry I've been MIA for a few weeks now. Work has been crazy and had me traveling too much. But we are down to less than a month before the rally. Time to bring the topic back to the forefront. When's everybody planning in heading down. We'll hopefully be there early afternoon that Friday.

Does anyone know if we had to reserve that pavilion last year or did it just happen to be open?

Anybody that's been sitting in the fence it's time to make reservations. Going to be a great relaxing weekend. Hopefully we'll lucky with the weather like last year. Looks like its going to be a great crowd. Come join us!
Old 10-17-2012, 01:04 PM   #89

2012 Interstate Coach
Arriving as close as possible to the posted check-in time on Friday. Leaving late Monday morning.

I have Jasper, TX plugged in as one of my locations on the Weather Channel web page, and I'll be checking the weather there beginning when the rally dates start to show up in their 10-day forecast. Great way to plan what clothes to pack. Not that rain will slow me down; when I moved to the Gulf Coast, my father told me, "People in Louisiana don't tan, they rust!"
Old 10-17-2012, 01:49 PM   #90
Rivet Master

Livingston , Texas
Ronnie,

I think Josh had reserved the pavillion last time with out a problem. It would be good to check with the office.

We will get there on Friday as well, after lunch.
Old 10-20-2012, 10:06 AM   #91
2 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
1967 26' Overlander
Lafayette , Louisiana
Have booked site 80, looking forward to meeting you all. Whats on the menu?
srmontgomery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 05:29 PM   #92
4 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Pearland , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by srmontgomery
Have booked site 80, looking forward to meeting you all. Whats on the menu?
Great news. Glad you're joining us.

We haven't talked much about menu yet. I'm not sure what to bring. I've thought about bringing a couple briskets but I'm not sure how'd I warm them up in the AS.

What's everybody else thinking?
Old 10-21-2012, 05:41 PM   #93
4 Rivet Member

1974 29' Ambassador
Ruston , Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by bike_addict

Great news. Glad you're joining us.

We haven't talked much about menu yet. I'm not sure what to bring. I've thought about bringing a couple briskets but I'm not sure how'd I warm them up in the AS.

What's everybody else thinking?
I'm bringing a grill/smoker and haven't found anything I wouldn't put on it yet. I thought about smoking a turkey since its so close to thanksgiving and all.....I couldn't find a decent brisket for our last rally, so we went with pork shoulders.

We won't be in until late Friday, so anything I can do will have to be for Saturday.
mgriffrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:49 AM   #94
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Newton , Texas
Ronnie,

Last year I rented the pavilion on the website. Just like reserving a camping spot, just click on the pavilion and go through the motions.

I see folks talking about briskets, last year I had Smittys Smokehouse out of Jasper,TX cater for this event. They did a great job and this year they were voted Best Briskets in SE Texas. I'm sure they'd be glad to help again and it takes a lot of hassles out of warming/cooking them while camping.
I'm heading back to Indonesia for work and I'm really bummed I'm not going to be home for this wonderful event. I think Emilye is planning to make an appearance if her schedule allows so y'all be sure to give her a warm welcome and forgive me for not being able to make it.
Happy trails everyone!!
Mr & Mrs S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:55 AM   #95

2012 Interstate Coach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr & Mrs S View Post
Ronnie,

Last year I rented the pavilion on the website. Just like reserving a camping spot, just click on the pavilion and go through the motions.

I see folks talking about briskets, last year I had Smittys Smokehouse out of Jasper,TX cater for this event. They did a great job and this year they were voted Best Briskets in SE Texas. I'm sure they'd be glad to help again and it takes a lot of hassles out of warming/cooking them while camping.
I'm heading back to Indonesia for work and I'm really bummed I'm not going to be home for this wonderful event. I think Emilye is planning to make an appearance if her schedule allows so y'all be sure to give her a warm welcome and forgive me for not being able to make it.
Happy trails everyone!!
Catered is good. I'll gladly chip in my fair share for that!
Old 10-22-2012, 08:56 PM   #96
4 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Pearland , Texas
Sounds good to me. We can do that.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:39 AM   #97
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
McLeod , Texas
Glad to share costs of a labor free meal.

Tom & Patti
Wooden Rivet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:57 AM   #98
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Holly Lake Ranch , Texas
Ronnie

so are you thinking full catered barbecue meal, or just having everyone chip in for the cost of the meat and folks still bringing pot luck for the side dishes?

Dana
Goal15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:07 AM   #99
4 Rivet Member

1974 29' Ambassador
Ruston , Louisiana
I'm game for pretty much anything over here....
mgriffrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 12:33 PM   #100
4 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Pearland , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goal15 View Post
Ronnie

so are you thinking full catered barbecue meal, or just having everyone chip in for the cost of the meat and folks still bringing pot luck for the side dishes?

Dana
You beat me to it. That was going to be my next question. We can do it either way.

Option 1: We only cater in the meat. Everyone brings a side item or dessert. This would be the minimal expense for the catering.

Option 2: We cater in the meat and the sides. Then everyone can bring desserts and drinks. Of course if someone has a special side they want to bring they can still do that. This would cost a little bit more but when it comes down to it the major expense is usually the meat.

What does everyone think?

What did we do last year? Did they just bring meat?