Old 08-22-2012, 06:15 PM   #43
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Dallas , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKB_SATX

Everyone wanted to ask you whether or not your shower was draining.
Oh, you had to bring that up! Reduced brisket portions for you! lol

Goal15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 06:17 PM   #44
Rivet Master

2016 30' Classic
Currently Looking...
Livingston , Texas
David, You can't not show up, You'll miss all the good food.

Steve, Just leave earlier. LOL. Try to make it with your whole family this time.

Sid

Old 08-22-2012, 08:09 PM   #45
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphere Guy View Post
David, You can't not show up, You'll miss all the good food.

Steve, Just leave earlier. LOL. Try to make it with your whole family this time.

Sid
Really would like to, but it would be over 7 hours towing, and we would not be able to leave until around 5 PM..right in da rush hour. I didn't actually know where this was until I googled it, but it seems Houston is only half way?!?!!

Steve
Old 08-22-2012, 08:36 PM   #46
Rivet Master

1954 25' Cruiser
Kyle , The Republic of Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by soldiermedic View Post
it would be over 7 hours towing, and we would not be able to leave until around 5 PM..right in da rush hour. I didn't actually know where this was until I googled it, but it seems Houston is only half way?!?!!
It would be a journey for both of us, if I get to go that is. But if ya'll haven't had a chance to camp in the famous East Texas Piney Woods, you've missed a Texas treasure. Gently rolling countryside covered in beautiful pine trees putting off that "clean" Pine Sol smell (thoughts of my Mom), lots of lakes and great people. Let's both try to find a way to go.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:42 PM   #47
Tenkara Fly Angler

1975 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Vernon , Texas
Any good fishing there?
WBCCI #8578
Big C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:41 PM   #48
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Dallas , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big C View Post
Any good fishing there?
Texas Parks and Wildlife says this:

The most popular game fish at Sam Rayburn Reservoir is the largemouth bass; an excellent year-round fishery exists. Excellent year-round crappie and catfish fisheries are also present. White bass numbers are limited, but provide good fishing opportunities during the spring. Bluegill and redear sunfish are present in high numbers and provide good fishing, especially for youth or inexperienced anglers.

And if i might add.... it's a lot more scenic than Lake Arrowhead.... A long drive from Vernon, but a real friendly bunch of folks.

Dana
Old 08-22-2012, 09:49 PM   #49
4 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Pearland , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKB_SATX View Post
Everyone wanted to ask you whether or not your shower was draining.
Ouch, that reminder hurts!

I won't even mention all the reasons my trailer has spent the last few months in the shop. It's a long list: awning, tank monitors, fresh water tank, outside shower, hot water heater, did I say I wouldn't mention these, ok I'll end with etc.. But it's been too hot around here and works been too busy to use it anyway.

I'm looking forward to the fall. There are few things I enjoy more than waking up early on a cold fall day and having a cup of hot chocolate before disappearing into the woods on my mountain bike or tackling empty roads on the road bike.
Old 08-22-2012, 09:52 PM   #50
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Dallas , Texas
Ronnie

Mods say the Rally ad will be up as soon as the server refreshes... so im assuming some time after midnight tonight.

Dana
Old 08-22-2012, 09:56 PM   #51
4 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Pearland , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goal15 View Post
Ronnie

Mods say the Rally ad will be up as soon as the server refreshes... so im assuming some time after midnight tonight.

Dana
Awesome. That'll be good.

Site 70 got reserved so we may be up to 8. Who's our mystery guest?

I'm going to to through last year's thread and PM everyone that I can find that was there last year to make sure they've seen our plans for this year. I'm really looking forward to it.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:00 PM   #52
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Dallas , Texas
i was just searching texas threads for some new people who might like to get their feet wet with our laid back gathering... perfect opportunity to see what a bunch of aluminum looks like all camped together.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:27 PM   #53
4 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Pearland , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitsend View Post
It would be a journey for both of us, if I get to go that is. But if ya'll haven't had a chance to camp in the famous East Texas Piney Woods, you've missed a Texas treasure. Gently rolling countryside covered in beautiful pine trees putting off that "clean" Pine Sol smell (thoughts of my Mom), lots of lakes and great people. Let's both try to find a way to go.
Whitsend, as I was scrolling through the last thread from last years rally I found a comment from you that clearly commits you to this year's rally!! You said you wouldn't make the same mistake twice and miss it again! Do what you can to make it, it'll definitely be a good time.

And where's LawChick? I don't think you're term as Mayor is up yet. I'm pretty sure that's a multi-year position!!!
Old 08-22-2012, 11:08 PM   #54
3 Rivet Member

2008 27' International FB
Shoreacres , Texas
Johnny and Connie will be there. I don't know the site number we booked, but it is in Loop C. (johnny booked it and he's asleep right now) We can't wait. Johnny's birthday is the 11th so everyone will need to give him a hard time about turning 54. He's a couple of years ader than me so I get to promote teasing him.

I hope all last years attendees manage to come and more. It's so beautiful there!!

Connie
Old 08-22-2012, 11:32 PM   #55
Tenkara Fly Angler

1975 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Vernon , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goal15 View Post
Texas Parks and Wildlife says this:

The most popular game fish at Sam Rayburn Reservoir is the largemouth bass; an excellent year-round fishery exists. Excellent year-round crappie and catfish fisheries are also present. White bass numbers are limited, but provide good fishing opportunities during the spring. Bluegill and redear sunfish are present in high numbers and provide good fishing, especially for youth or inexperienced anglers.

And if i might add.... it's a lot more scenic than Lake Arrowhead.... A long drive from Vernon, but a real friendly bunch of folks.

Dana
Dana, thank you. We usually go over to Broken Bow in Oklahoma for the tailwater at Beavers Bend for trout fishing. I should say I do. My lovely wife is a triathlete so she does not fish. But she trains wherever we go. Have fished largemouth, small and panfish over at BB in the coves. As well as Colorado where we usually go
Not so long a drive from Vernon. Never been to Arrowhead, it is a mud hole, and way over fished to the point now that there is no purpose. There is a great small lake in Jacksboro that is a gem but do not tell anyone...

Used to traveling. We do this often. Before our AS, we have a long history of tent camping all over the western USA. Just get in the truck and drive to where you want to go. We are continuing this family tradition. Our kids think we are more crazy now than before. Thinking about this rally as our first one. It is during our busy Fall season. We own a Garden Center so it may be a wild hair get away thing if there are spaces left
WBCCI #8578
Big C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 02:32 AM   #56
Rivet Master

1954 25' Cruiser
Kyle , The Republic of Texas
Piney Woods Rally

Quote:
Originally Posted by bike_addict View Post
Whitsend, as I was scrolling through the last thread from last years rally I found a comment from you that clearly commits you to this year's rally!! You said you wouldn't make the same mistake twice and miss it again! Do what you can to make it, it'll definitely be a good time.
I KNOW it's going to be a great time, but situations morph. The 2003 Classic is on a consignment sale lot and I don't have possession of my renovated '54 Cruiser yet. I'm hoping I'll have her by the 1st of September, but . . . . Soon as I have her here at home, I'll make a reservation. No, I don't want to make the same mistake twice. Ya'll obviously had too much fun last year.

Oh . . whut the hell, here goes caution to the winds. If Sid 'n Bonnie are gonna to be there, I'll try to make reservations tomorrow !