Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-14-2011, 02:03 PM   #301
2 Rivet Member

1981 31' Excella II
Longview , Texas
Couldn't figure out how to upload to my profile. Here's a link to all of my pictures on my MobileMe Gallery: MobileMe Gallery
boo_n_sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 02:25 PM   #302
4 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Pearland , Texas
It was definitely a great time. Wish we could have stayed a few more days and relaxed. Hard coming back to the real world. We met a lot of great people and really really enjoyed it.

I also had so many conversations that I am drawing a complete blank on who asked me about the tow mirrors on my Tundra. I honestly cannot picture who it was that asked. But here is the link to where I bought them from. They are the Milenco Aero 2 mirrors. That was my first trip with them and I really liked them.

https://www.makariosrv.com/products/...-Products.html
Old 11-14-2011, 02:42 PM   #303
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Holly Lake Ranch , Texas
Ronnie

It might have been Frenchy asking about the mirrors. He asked me about my CIPA's as well... or it could have been the couple down the hill with the grey Tundra. I think they looked at mine as well.

I was concerned whether there was enough lip on my Tundra mirror for the Aeros to attach securely.

Dana
Goal15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 04:05 PM   #304
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Newton , Texas
All Gone

Well we said our goodbyes to the last out our new Airstream friends. Although I dont see any of you as just friends now, now Id like to consider you our Airstream family.

As the last group was pulling out to leave Mrs. S looked at me and said "Baby there all leaving......Whens the next rally gonna be so we can see them all again."

I cant answer that right now, but Im sure we will all be together again soon.
We already miss all of you very much. Everyone is gone from the park. Only us, a Class A, and one 5ver remain in the park.
Poor ole Zeus Man is even missing you all:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0977.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	597.8 KB
ID:	145213

For the first time since this all started Im kicked back in my lounge chair with my feet up and enjoying the company of my family that you all just met.

Name:	IMG_0975.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	257.7 KB
ID:	145214

We are waiting for the sun to go down so we can watch the sun set together still talking about all the great people we met.

Were already planning our next outing, I sure hope to meet more of you during our travels, if your anything like the group that I just had the honor of hosting then I cant wait to meet you.

Hosting is a lot of work, I just booked us a couple extra days so we can relax and get the energy to make our short trip home.
But Id do it again anytime to have you all back.
Piney Woods Rally II will surely be in our future.
Until we meet again........

Yours truly,

Mr. & Mrs. S

P.S.

Be looking for us to change our screen name from JSmith84 to Mr. & Mrs. S
Mrs. S is sure looking forward to keeping in touch with the new family.
She's been on the forums app an aweful lot today
So we plan to change our screen name to make her feel more apart of the group.
Now maybe she wont give me so much heck about being on it so much....
Mr & Mrs S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 04:10 PM   #305
Rivet Master

Livingston , Texas
Made it home safe. But didn't want too.....

We made it home safe & sound. Even got the AS inspected due to the fact it was due this month.

Boy did we enjoy this rally.

Joahua and Emile ROCK! I know I'm a rock hound. HA-HA. Also Josua AKA Mr.S has vowed to do it again. I'm in because I want to see how he tops this one. Good weather, friends and food... WOW.

It was good to see old As'ers we've met and of course the new friends we made.

Some Pics' to ponder!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC_0062.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	445.7 KB
ID:	145215   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0118.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	306.7 KB
ID:	145216  

Name:	DSC_0168.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	286.7 KB
ID:	145217   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0202.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	191.4 KB
ID:	145218  

Name:	DSC_0131.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	368.5 KB
ID:	145219   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0183.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	320.9 KB
ID:	145220  

Name:	DSC_0200.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	224.9 KB
ID:	145221   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0116.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	277.5 KB
ID:	145222  

Old 11-14-2011, 04:47 PM   #306
2 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Johnson City , Texas
Rally Photos

Here are a few more cute photos. Thanks again! Great job!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	pavillon.jpeg
Views:	93
Size:	176.5 KB
ID:	145226   Click image for larger version

Name:	cake.jpeg
Views:	95
Size:	155.5 KB
ID:	145227  

Name:	securedownload-10.jpeg
Views:	101
Size:	125.3 KB
ID:	145228   Click image for larger version

Name:	securedownload-16.jpeg
Views:	113
Size:	231.2 KB
ID:	145229  

screamstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 05:59 PM   #307
Shelly and Richard

1973 27' Overlander
1959 24' Tradewind
Kopperl , Texas
Thanks for letting us crash your rally! It was fun meeting other Airstreamers, and are looking forward to another rally and seeing y'all again. We really enjoyed it. Thanks to Joshua and Emily (or is it Emile?) Y'all did a great job!
traveluminum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 06:06 PM   #308
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Newton , Texas
Knutson

Quote:
Originally Posted by knutson View Post
Thanks for letting us crash your rally! It was fun meeting other Airstreamers, and are looking forward to another rally and seeing y'all again. We really enjoyed it. Thanks to Joshua and Emily (or is it Emile?) Y'all did a great job!
Actually its Emilye, but we know what you mean.
Thanks so much for coming out, yalls shiny trailer was the center of attention. Thats one great looking trailer yall have.
We really enjoyed your company and look forward to running into you again.
Happy Trails...
Old 11-15-2011, 08:54 AM   #309
3 Rivet Member

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
2012 Interstate Coach
San Antonio , Texas
Next Rally

Some of you are already signed up, but the next Rally I am aware of is the Ninth Annual Blanco, Texas Rally, December 9 - 11. I think the state park is already full but there are several overflow campgrounds nearby. Pull up and read the thread and come join us. The events calendar is at post #59.
rosewoodtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 09:21 AM   #310
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Newton , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosewoodtx
Some of you are already signed up, but the next Rally I am aware of is the Ninth Annual Blanco, Texas Rally, December 9 - 11. I think the state park is already full but there are several overflow campgrounds nearby. Pull up and read the thread and come join us. The events calendar is at post #59.
I know a lot of the folks that attended the Piney Woods Rally were talking about the Blanco Rally, sounds like a great time but unfortunately Mrs. S and I can't make it, I'll be back across the globe again. Sure hate that, we'd love to meet more Airstreamers.
Old 11-15-2011, 10:31 AM   #311
Rivet Master

1992 29' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Morrilton , Arkansas
Hi everybody Ray, me, the kids and dog are crossing Mississippi. We met two other Airstreamers at the Mississippi welcome center. We were tickled when another Airstream and imagine our surprise when it turned out to be our next door neighbors from Alumapalooza at Jackson Center, Ohio. We were so happy to see them!

As we were leaving another stream pulled in and we met a couple who had been to WBcCI rally.

Lord willing and the creek don't rise we will sleep on a Florida beach tonight!

Stay safe!

"Besides, I'm a gypsy at heart
and I like to travel around."
Reba McEntire

LawChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 10:56 AM   #312
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Newton , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawChick
Hi everybody Ray, me, the kids and dog are crossing Mississippi. We met two other Airstreamers at the Mississippi welcome center. We were tickled when another Airstream and imagine our surprise when it turned out to be our next door neighbors from Alumapalooza at Jackson Center, Ohio. We were so happy to see them!

As we were leaving another stream pulled in and we met a couple who had been to WBcCI rally.

Lord willing and the creek don't rise we will sleep on a Florida beach tonight!

Stay safe!
Glad y'all are makin it ok. We were wondering about y'all this morning.
So how's them brakes? Hopefully there good now.
I know you had that heat gun on them to make sure I wasn't telling you a story
Old 11-15-2011, 12:46 PM   #313
Rivet Master

1954 25' Cruiser
Kyle , The Republic of Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphere Guy View Post
We made it home safe & sound. Even got the AS inspected. Boy did we enjoy this rally. Joahua and Emile ROCK! I know I'm a rock hound. HA-HA. Also Josua AKA Mr.S has vowed to do it again. I'm in because I want to see how he tops this one. Good weather, friends and food... WOW. It was good to see old As'ers we've met and of course the new friends we made. Some Pics' to ponder!
Looks to me like you all had "like" WAY TOO MUCH FUN, and I have nobody to blame but myslelf for not being there. M&M Smith - Please do put me on your dist. list for the next one. I usually try not to make the same mistake, well in truth, too many times . . . But I'd love to join in on the next gathering in those beautiful pines!! I love E. Texas ~ getting booted out of the junior college in Tyler (mid 1960's) for minor in possession insured that . Can you tell those 2 years were more paatay than class time? The poor Dean at that time just didn't know what to make of me . . . . neither did I.
Old 11-15-2011, 01:11 PM   #314
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Newton , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitsend

Looks to me like you all had "like" WAY TOO MUCH FUN, and I have nobody to blame but myslelf for not being there. M&M Smith - Please do put me on your dist. list for the next one. I usually try not to make the same mistake, well in truth, too many times . . . But I'd love to join in on the next gathering in those beautiful pines!! I love E. Texas ~ getting booted out of the junior college in Tyler (mid 1960's) for minor in possession insured that . Can you tell those 2 years were more paatay than class time? The poor Dean at that time just didn't know what to make of me . . . . neither did I.
We had a GREAT time, wish you would have came out you would have had a great time also. I'll be sure to let you know when we fire up another shin dig. Annually seems like a long time, maybe we will have to do a Spring thing too.... Time will tell.
But sounds like a good idea to me.....
Old 11-15-2011, 02:24 PM   #315
4 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Pearland , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith84 View Post
We had a GREAT time, wish you would have came out you would have had a great time also. I'll be sure to let you know when we fire up another shin dig. Annually seems like a long time, maybe we will have to do a Spring thing too.... Time will tell.
But sounds like a good idea to me.....
Something in the spring definitely sounds good. Be glad to help with the planning. We could venture to another park or keep it in the piney woods. Any good parks on Toledo Bend?

We're always up for a scouting trip.

We absolutely love Double Lake but it's just too small for a rally unless we just booked the whole thing.
Old 11-15-2011, 04:41 PM   #316
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Newton , Texas
Sounds Great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bike_addict View Post
Something in the spring definitely sounds good. Be glad to help with the planning. We could venture to another park or keep it in the piney woods. Any good parks on Toledo Bend?

We're always up for a scouting trip.

We absolutely love Double Lake but it's just too small for a rally unless we just booked the whole thing.

Sounds Great! Id appreciate the help, We will have to see if we can get together and do some scouting. Might find a better place, or we can just leave it at Mill Creek.

I noticed everyone seemed to really enjoy the relaxing atmosphere, so I dont want to make it to busy....
I was thinking maybe get some give away gifts and do like a golden ticket in one lucky spot and put out raffle tickets at each spot and do a raffle give away one night. ....Im just thinking out loud.
But we definatly need to get together and see if we can make something happen.
Ill have to check my schedule for next year and see how it looks.
Old 11-16-2011, 11:44 AM   #317
3 Rivet Member

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
2012 Interstate Coach
San Antonio , Texas
Next Spring

Please keep Bruce (BWoodTX) and I on your list as well (the good one).
rosewoodtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 12:19 PM   #318
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Newton , Texas
Will Do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosewoodtx View Post
Please keep Bruce (BWoodTX) and I on your list as well (the good one).

Rosewoodtx,

We will keep yall in mind for our next planned rally. Considering something for the spring but who knows, time will tell.
But we will for sure let you and Bruce know when and where.
Old 11-16-2011, 01:55 PM   #319
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Newton , Texas
Home

Well Mrs. S and I finally made it back home. Supposed to be happy right....well normally we are but now with all these new friends its harder to go home.
We stopped by the Texas Airstream Harbor and met some of the folks in that community. They are all really great people. We met Dennis and Mary and they invited us on a trip they are leaving for today. We were very tempted to go but I have early Thanksgiving Friday.

If your ever in the Zavalla area you should really stop by and check out the Texas Airstream Harbor, its really neat!
I now know why I can not find a 34 foot Airstream (by the way Mrs. S is on me to get one now that she seen the inside of HiHoAgRV...Thanks Guys!)
there is a sea of 34 foot aluminum in that place....I was amazed at how many that are in there.

Well the camper is all packed away....Looks like our next adventure will be at the end of December. Cant wait!

By the looks of it the Texas Piney Woods rally was a hit, folks are already signing up for the next one and its not even offically in the making yet.......or is it?
Guess we will find out soon........

Mr. S

P.S

Looks like the mods got around to the name change......Thanks for that!
Old 11-17-2011, 10:22 AM   #320
2 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Johnson City , Texas
Just a thought! I passed by the Martin Dies State Park on the way home. Has anyone camped there? It also looked like a great park. Any thoughts on the next rally over there? It didn't seem too far from the Mill Creek Park and maybe more "stuff" around that area. Very pretty too, surrounded by water.
screamstream is offline   Reply With Quote