Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-14-2011, 09:27 AM   #141
4 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Pearland , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphere Guy View Post
Please send editions and I will compile.

Sid
And we're Ronnie and Kerry. and of course little Jack.
Old 10-14-2011, 03:46 PM   #142
1 Rivet Member

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Fresno , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by bike_addict View Post
And we're Ronnie and Kerry. and of course little Jack.
Danair here...I've change my "handle" to Traildog, as you can see. We are Dan and Kathleen and have reserved site 71 for our first time rally. We pick up our 25FB FC the middle of next week and I know I have a LOT to learn. Will let you guys know how it goes. Really looking forward to meeting up with everyone. I'll be the guy with all the questions about Airstreams!

Sid, we're still on for the caravaning Friday AM. We are flexible and can meet up with you most anywhere near the Beltway on the north side. Name a place and we will try our best to be there and on time.

--
Dan
Traildog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 04:10 PM   #143
Rivet Master

Livingston , Texas
Great Traildog, I like the new handle.

How about Greenspoint Mall parking lot NW corner. It's close to Greens and we cam jomp back on BW8 and head to 45. How's 10:00 AM sound.

Maybe bike addict can make it. I know, he says go ahead, but I still have hope for a 3 Airstream caravan.
Old 10-17-2011, 12:20 AM   #144

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Fort Worth , Texas
One more reservation!

I just found your posts on the forum and I just made reservations for 63B for
Fri and Sat. I'm not actually certain that I can make this, but it sounds like a blast and I've been wanting to take my new Airstream out camping! I'm very inexperienced with this kind of camping and it seems a little overwhelming. I can sure use the help of veterans in this matter. Thanks and I really hope I can make it! Marilyn
Marilyn_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 01:05 AM   #145
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Newton , Texas
Glad to have you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn_G View Post
I just found your posts on the forum and I just made reservations for 63B for
Fri and Sat. I'm not actually certain that I can make this, but it sounds like a blast and I've been wanting to take my new Airstream out camping! I'm very inexperienced with this kind of camping and it seems a little overwhelming. I can sure use the help of veterans in this matter. Thanks and I really hope I can make it! Marilyn
Marilyn,

We really hope that you can make it, you wont be the only newbie in the crowd. I think there is two other members that just bought Airstreams and this will be their first outing.
So if you can, come on out and enjoy yourself and ask lots of questions, theres no better way to start out then mixing with veteran Airstreamers.
Your sure to pickup lots of tricks and neat ideas.
Glad to have you and hope to see you in the Piney Woods.

Mr. S
Mr & Mrs S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 06:56 AM   #146
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Newton , Texas
List

Still got people joining, thats always good to see, sure will be nice to put forum names to faces.
Heres the update with the joining of Marilyn G and others that have PM'd me with side dishes they will bring.

Park Map: MC Park map.pdf

Food List: Rally Supper.pdf

I will adimit, I didnt think there would be this many to sign up. But Im really glad that so many are gathering in the Piney Woods of Texas.

I was warned by a member that I might need a bigger park. ( Yea I know your grinning TOP)

I highlighted in yellow about 6 more spots that would be good if anymore folks are sitting on the fence about coming. Some have already took it on their own to jump up to the next loop. Might as well join the fun and fill that loop too.

Its going to be a great outing, I hope we all enjoy good weather, good company, and good food. We got several people that are new to Airstreaming and this should be really great time for them to get some good hints and tips. Heck Im aiming to learn a couple new things myself.
Might have to stand close to LawChicks campsite and learn how to make that mean gumbo shes talking about.
Really looking forward to meeting everyone.
Hope anyone sitting the fence decides to take the jump and come on out and have a good ole time.

O by the way, I got everyone thats coming a small gift, nothing expensive or showy. Just a little inexpensive something for saying thanks for coming out to the Piney Woods and having a good time. There being made now, should be ready in time.
Old 10-17-2011, 07:49 AM   #147
Rivet Master

Livingston , Texas
Mr S.

Site 65 is my sister coming from Louisiana 2 adults + 1 child. She may bring her "Sisters-on-the-Fly" camper. Isn't sure yet.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:26 AM   #148
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Newton , Texas
Edited

Quote:
Mr S.

Site 65 is my sister coming from Louisiana 2 adults + 1 child. She may bring her "Sisters-on-the-Fly" camper. Isn't sure yet.

Gotcha! Sister is on the map!

MC Park map.pdf
Old 10-17-2011, 08:36 AM   #149
4 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Pearland , Texas
Quote:
Maybe bike addict can make it. I know, he says go ahead, but I still have hope for a 3 Airstream caravan.
I hope we can too. As long as we can both stay away from our offices that day then we'll be there. If we do we'll find a spot to park in Kingwood and wait for you to get close then jump on the highway and meet up. No need for you two to pull off the highway again. We can trade cell phone numbers at some point.

Would definitely be quite a sight to see all three heading up 59.
Old 10-17-2011, 02:37 PM   #150

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Fort Worth , Texas
I'm soooo sorry!! I can't get out of something on Sat. so I've cancelled
my reservations. I really hope to make another rally in the near future.
Darn it! I wanted to come and hang out with yall and eat the great food.
Sorry also for the inconvenience of the map redo.
Sincerely, Marilyn
Marilyn_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 03:47 PM   #151
1 Rivet Member

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Fresno , Texas
Quote:
How about Greenspoint Mall parking lot NW corner. It's close to Greens and we cam jomp back on BW8 and head to 45. How's 10:00 AM sound.

10 AM at Greenspoint NW lot works for me. Hope you can travel with us bike addict.

Can't wait to see all that silver shine in the Piney Woods. We'll light up the park, fer sure!
Traildog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 05:30 PM   #152
Rivet Master

Livingston , Texas
Sorry Traildog, I think it's 59 we need to take instead of 45. We can still meet up at Greenspoint though.
Old 10-17-2011, 07:16 PM   #153
4 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Pearland , Texas
Yep it's 59. You'll run 59 north until Livingston then cut off and head north east.
Old 10-17-2011, 07:53 PM   #154
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Newton , Texas
59,190,& 96

Quote:
Originally Posted by bike_addict View Post
Yep it's 59. You'll run 59 north until Livingston then cut off and head north east.

Yup 59 North to Livingston, then hit 190 East, go through Woodville, then across Dam B Lake, right into Jasper, then take 96 North for about 20 miles and you will be in Brookeland TX.

I know the drive from Houston IAH by heart, Ill be glad to do it in a weeks time to head home.

Glad to see yall are traveling together. Im sure yall will get lots of attention.

One other thing, watch your speed when you go through Woodville. The speed gets down to like 30 Mph and the cops LOVE to write tickets in their town.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:09 PM   #155
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Newton , Texas
Sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn_G View Post
I'm soooo sorry!! I can't get out of something on Sat. so I've cancelled
my reservations. I really hope to make another rally in the near future.
Darn it! I wanted to come and hang out with yall and eat the great food.
Sorry also for the inconvenience of the map redo.
Sincerely, Marilyn

Sorry you cant make it.
Well hopefully we will catch you at another rally in the near future. No worries about the map redo its just a couple clicks of the mouse and its done.
Keep your eye our for up coming rallies. Texans sure like to gather. Im sure there will be another one soon.
Old 10-19-2011, 01:23 PM   #156
2 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Johnson City , Texas
Hi Sid, and all. I am considering this Rally also. It will be a very last minute thing if i can make it. Will be camping with Sisters on the Fly in ARK, the week before, so I shall see if I have an ounce of energy left!!! Sounds like a nice camp spot over there.
screamstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 02:36 PM   #157
Rivet Master

Livingston , Texas
Thanks for the heads up Mr. S
Old 10-19-2011, 02:41 PM   #158
Rivet Master

Livingston , Texas
Hey Carol, Try to make it. Mr. S has slaughtered a couple of cows, What's 1 more!
Old 10-19-2011, 08:28 PM   #159
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Newton , Texas
Bbq

Just a reminder to everyone:

Just want to remind everyone about the BBQ Pit situation. Getting the BBQ Pit and the Briskets is no problem at all. Like I told Sphere Guy, theres plenty of cows in Texas and I dont mine getting as many as I might need. BUT, if you look back on post #41 I mentioned that the campground was pretty strick on open flames and out door cooking when I was there back in July. Cant really blame them as dry as it has been in Texas this year.
I said Id wait till it was closer to the time for the rally before I contacted them to see if it is ok for us to bring in the BBQ pit. I was hoping for some rain, but Mrs. S told me today there as been some but not a lot to speak of.

What I plan to do is go by the park itself and speak with the park directly. Will probably get a better response that way then just calling them by phone. They are great people running the park so hopefully they wont mind.

Im flying home on the 27th arriving in Texas on the 28th (If everything goes well here) and Bike_Addict is making a pre run to the park around that time. Im planning on driving up on the 29th and visiting with him and his family and I will also talk to the park then. So then I can give everyone on the forums a for sure answer on whats going on and what rules to look forward to as far as open flames, cooking , ect.

I do have a backup plan if all doesnt go well on my visit. Im sure we will all have a great time with whatever the outcome may be. Its all in what you make of it with what you have.

But I can surely say, I'll be glad when we get some real dead gum rain in Texas!
Old 10-20-2011, 07:06 AM   #160
4 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Pearland , Texas
jsmith84, all you can do is all you can do. Don't worry, we'll have a great time regardless.