Old 09-29-2011, 09:36 PM   #57
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Newton , Texas
Boating/ Side Dish

I have a boat, depending on the weather I may bring it along. Some might be intrested in a lake tour. I will warn though, the lake is very low. Ive traveled the lake when it is low and its still safe to travel.
But the Mill Creek Boat Launch is closed. The Twin Dikes Boat Launch is still open and is only minutes away by car and boat. Id be glad to show anyone the way if they are intrested in bringing their own boat along.
If you have kids and they like to fish send them with a fishing pole, the loop we are all staying on is very high and close to the water. There is a trail that leads to the water where they can fish.

As far as a side dish Ill make my Cabbage Goulash, its a family hit that they all ask me to bring when we have family events.

Mr & Mrs S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 11:07 AM   #58
4 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Pearland , Texas
We're really looking forward to it. I'll talk to mrs. bike_addict (aka Kerry) and see what ideas she has for a side.

Planning on bringing the road bike for a nice saturday morning ride, hopefully the roads are good. Would like some good rolling roads to enjoy.

Looking forward to seeing everybody's rigs. Feel free to educate the newbie.

Old 09-30-2011, 06:45 PM   #59
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Newton , Texas
Update

Ok here is the latest update on who's where in the park:

MC Park map.pdf

I know I sound like a broken record but if you want to get in on the fun nows the time to sign up!

Also here is a list I started for the sidedishes. As people post I will update as I do the site map. If everyone would be so kind please post the number of persons that will be in your party.

Rally Supper.pdf

The side dish is strickly voluntary, I dont want anyone to feel as though they have to bring a dish.

Another question I have, for the Saturday night supper, there is a covered pavilion/Group shelter that I can rent for the day, but it is quite far from where the trailers will be located.(Its shown on the map) I was wondering if everyone would like to gather there for the evening meal or if they would perfer to stay close to the trailers? I have access to some fold out tables that I can bring along if everyone wishes to stay close to the trailers but everyone would need to bring along their own chairs. Which Im sure most do that anyway.
Old 09-30-2011, 07:32 PM   #60
Always learning

1972 29' Ambassador
1962 19' Globetrotter
1951 21' Flying Cloud
Central , Texas
Send a message via Yahoo to Top
There are five of us Mr. S. Two adults and our three teens 15-14-13.

Work is never done, so take time to play!
Top is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 07:39 PM   #61

2017 26' Flying Cloud
1976 Argosy 28
Alamo Heights , Texas
Re: the SOB in site 75: You never know how people will mix in. In Eureka Springs we had a dozen or so Airstreams and an Aggie couple in a big 5er fit in just fine with some of our informal evening happy-hour style revelry. Personality chemistry sometimes just works out really well. Either that or they'll run away, who knows?

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | Il Progetto — 1976 Argosy 28 Center Bath | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 08:09 PM   #62
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Newton , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKB_SATX
Re: the SOB in site 75: You never know how people will mix in. In Eureka Springs we had a dozen or so Airstreams and an Aggie couple in a big 5er fit in just fine with some of our informal evening happy-hour style revelry. Personality chemistry sometimes just works out really well. Either that or they'll run away, who knows?
Your right, you never know how it will work out. I've never camped here and had a problem with a member, I intend to try and make them feel part of the group. No need to treat them as if they bought a SOB and are camping in a Airstream Loop.
In all hopefully they will fit right in with the rest of us.
Old 09-30-2011, 08:47 PM   #63

1991 34' Excella
1963 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Central , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKB_SATX View Post
We can welcome them in with the traditional 'Stream Rally Ritual....

Aluminum Foil hats for everyone on Sat night....(plus it keeps the Aliens from mapping our thoughts)

We should stop short of the Foil swimsuit open house...SOB's tend to get a bit twitchy
HiHoAgRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 09:44 PM   #64
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Newton , Texas
Getting Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHoAgRV View Post

Aluminum Foil hats for everyone on Sat night....(plus it keeps the Aliens from mapping our thoughts)

We should stop short of the Foil swimsuit open house...SOB's tend to get a bit twitchy
Aluminum foil costume - YouTube

Im getting geared up now!
What? Is it to much?
Old 10-01-2011, 09:43 AM   #65
Rivet Master

2016 30' Classic
Currently Looking...
Livingston , Texas
We will be just the 2 of us. Unless we can kidnap a grandkid! 2 more at the most.

Since we have the loop, we can have our own block party!

I've got a small picnic table and can grab a folding table.
Old 10-01-2011, 11:21 AM   #66
4 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Pearland , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphere Guy View Post
I agree. no need for the pavilion.

There will be 3 of us but little man really doesn't count towards food.

We'll bring BBQ Beans and how about a dessert? Maybe banana pudding?
Old 10-01-2011, 11:22 AM   #67
4 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Pearland , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHoAgRV View Post

So how much aluminum foil do you think it would take the wrap the SOB???
Old 10-01-2011, 06:50 PM   #68
1 Rivet Member

2012 23' International
Galveston , Texas
Talking Side Dishes and fun with foil

There will be two of us. We can bring plenty of aluminum foil, cookies and bread. We live near produce row, so I can grab some fruits and vegetables to bring along, too.

BTW, we are newbies to the whole RVing world and this will be our our maiden voyage with our new baby, Silvia. Although I've done plenty of camping, in a tent or under the open sky, trailering is be new to us (please be gentle!). I guess one has to start somewhere...nothing like doing it with some friendly folks such as you guys and in style with a new AS. Thanks ya'll for letting us in on this.

Fun with foil - YouTube
Old 10-01-2011, 08:03 PM   #69
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Newton , Texas
Rally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danair View Post
BTW, we are newbies to the whole RVing world and this will be our our maiden voyage with our new baby, Silvia. Although I've done plenty of camping, in a tent or under the open sky, trailering is be new to us (please be gentle!). I guess one has to start somewhere...nothing like doing it with some friendly folks such as you guys and in style with a new AS. Thanks ya'll for letting us in on this.
No need to thank us for letting ya'll in, we are glad to have you with us. Theres prolly no better way to start off then surrounding yourself with fellow Airstreams and asking questions so that someone may be able to give you a hands on answer. The forum is great for info but sometimes it just sinks in better when people can show you.
As far a trailering check everything twice, take it slow and easy and dont rush and you should be fine. If you need help setting up once you reach the park I will already be there and will be more than glad to help.
Always remeber we were all new to this at one point in time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bike_addict View Post

We'll bring BBQ Beans and how about a dessert? Maybe banana pudding?
Banana Pudding is one of our favorites!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphere Guy View Post
Block Party it is then! I like the sound of that!

Ok here is the updated food list: Rally Supper.pdf
Looking good so far!
Come on November!
Old 10-03-2011, 10:53 AM   #70
3 Rivet Member

2008 27' International FB
Shoreacres , Texas
Johnny and Connie just booked site 82 in outer loop and can't wait to meet new friends and see old friends. We will arrive late in the day on the 11th. Will post dishes later.

Connie