Old 09-27-2011, 09:00 PM   #43

1991 34' Excella
1963 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Central , Mississippi
So, what time do the games start? You know, the DSS (Dump Station Sprint)… 'hitching while blind folded' time trials….Polishing with pyrotechnics….3P pub crawl….My-running-gear-is-better-balanced-than-yours grill off…Man verses Black Tank endurance (usually scheduled after the grill-off)…Axle Sag 'how low can you go' Limbo…Pop rivet contest by ProActive…1, 2, 3, rotten floor Tequila shots…Fantastic Fan ABC Burping contest…ZipDee pole dance…We've had a Good Year walking Marathon…

What?

HiHoAgRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 10:44 PM   #44
Rivet Master

1992 29' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Morrilton , Arkansas
So, this rally is still on, Joshua?
Once we get through the AIR Midwest at Branson, we just might be able to swing another one - then we'll be staying around home until January, when we'll head to Florida!

If there are still spaces available, we might try to be a late decider. We'd probably have to bring a couple of grandkids with us - would that be ok?

Anyway, we'll let you know more after getting ourselves through our first hosting experience at AIR Midwest.

There are several folks, including you and Mrs. S., that we'd love to meet. I know you're going to put us to shame with all the painstaking work you've done on your trailer. We've done little to ours since we got it except patch a bad floor in the rear and put on new shocks. Of course, we've dragged it 6,000 miles without a bit of trouble (knocking on wood, almost afraid to say that!) Anyway, we don't want to completely rule it out yet. Would so like to join ya'll. And it isn't very far for us.

"Besides, I'm a gypsy at heart
and I like to travel around."
Reba McEntire

LawChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 11:29 PM   #45
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Newton , Texas
Its still on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawChick View Post
So, this rally is still on, Joshua?
Once we get through the AIR Midwest at Branson, we just might be able to swing another one - then we'll be staying around home until January, when we'll head to Florida!

If there are still spaces available, we might try to be a late decider. We'd probably have to bring a couple of grandkids with us - would that be ok?

Anyway, we'll let you know more after getting ourselves through our first hosting experience at AIR Midwest.

There are several folks, including you and Mrs. S., that we'd love to meet. I know you're going to put us to shame with all the painstaking work you've done on your trailer. We've done little to ours since we got it except patch a bad floor in the rear and put on new shocks. Of course, we've dragged it 6,000 miles without a bit of trouble (knocking on wood, almost afraid to say that!) Anyway, we don't want to completely rule it out yet. Would so like to join ya'll. And it isn't very far for us.
Yes this rally is still on!
There are two spots still open in the C loop that everyone is in. We are up to 10 so far. And there are plenty of spots outside the loop.
If you think you might like to attend you could always go ahead and reserve you a spot and if something comes up and you cant make it they will only charge you 10 dollars for a cancelation fee. We would love to meet yall too but we understand if you cant make it. Kids are most certainly allowed. (They let me in and stay Mrs.S says Im the biggest kid of all) Kids are the future of Airstreaming and need to be apart of it.
As far as our Airsteam shaming anyones HA HA HA dont make me laugh so hard! Our Excella is by no means in any shape to shame anyones. Ive done the best I can and this forum and the people on it have been the best help Ive had in trying to get ours fixed up.

We would be glad to have you and your entire crew, grandkids and all. Hope yall get to make it.
Mr & Mrs S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 11:36 PM   #46
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Newton , Texas
Laughing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHoAgRV View Post
So, what time do the games start? You know, the DSS (Dump Station Sprint)… 'hitching while blind folded' time trials….Polishing with pyrotechnics….3P pub crawl….My-running-gear-is-better-balanced-than-yours grill off…Man verses Black Tank endurance (usually scheduled after the grill-off)…Axle Sag 'how low can you go' Limbo…Pop rivet contest by ProActive…1, 2, 3, rotten floor Tequila shots…Fantastic Fan ABC Burping contest…ZipDee pole dance…We've had a Good Year walking Marathon…

What?
This post made me laugh so hard! We know who the party animal in the crowd is going to be!

Im putting Mrs. S down for the ZipDee Pole Dance! (Until she reads this)
and myself for the 1,2,3 Rotten Floor Tequila shots! Lord knows Ive already had that practice.
Old 09-28-2011, 05:20 AM   #47
Always learning

1972 29' Ambassador
1962 19' Globetrotter
1951 21' Flying Cloud
Central , Texas
Send a message via Yahoo to Top
I'm in on the "My-running-gear-is-balanced-better-than-yours" grill off. Lord knows I've read about running gear balance a lot in the last year! I think I can pull a win!

This rally is going to be a ton of fun!

Work is never done, so take time to play!
Top is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 12:34 AM   #48
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Newton , Texas
Sob

Well I just checked the park map and looks like today SOB jumped in our loop and got spot 75, unless some other Airstreamer hasnt let us know their signed up. Theres only one more spot inside the C loop and thats site 71, sure wish one more brave soul would jump in and get that spot.

Theres still 5 more spots in the outter loop if we get the inner loop filled up. Its going to be a great time! We would love to have as many folks as we can get. Dont wait to long just jump on in and go for it! Just think, Nice and cool weather in the Piney Woods of East Texas on the biggest lake in the state.
Old 09-29-2011, 02:40 PM   #49
1 Rivet Member

2012 23' International
Galveston , Texas
Last Spot Inner Loop

O.K. fellow Airstreamers, I just snagged site 71. See ya'll in November! Can't wait...
--
Dan
Old 09-29-2011, 02:58 PM   #50
4 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Pearland , Texas
well that one poor soul in the loop with the SOB is going to have some serious feelings of inadequacy. talk about silver envy.
Old 09-29-2011, 06:16 PM   #51

1991 34' Excella
1963 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Central , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by bike_addict View Post
well that one poor soul in the loop with the SOB is going to have some serious feelings of inadequacy. talk about silver envy.
Time for an 'Intervention'?
Old 09-29-2011, 06:34 PM   #52
4 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Pearland , Texas
Definitely
Old 09-29-2011, 07:42 PM   #53
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Newton , Texas
Update

With our newest joiner Danair (Glad to have you with us Danair) it looks like the C loop is almost all Airstreams. Only one SOB in the crowd. But maybe by the end of the weekend they will leave and head straight for the nearest Airstream dealer or Craigslist and begin their search for their own shiney silver escape.

As Sphere Guy caught very early on this will be Mrs. S and myself first rally .
We are a little nervous being that we are hosting this rally. Hope we do ok.
Our list is growing larger and larger and we are glad to have everyone.
Now Ive went through other rally threads and see that lots of organizing goes on and planning and so forth and so on.
Me personally, with this just being a weekend rally, were most will arrive on Friday and leave on Sunday, think that we should just keep it fairly simple. I, in my own personnal life run around and Im always on a schedule and when I hitch up my Airstream I have no intentions of scheduling or being on a timeline. But Im also open to any suggestions.
If anyone wishes to suggest any orginized events I will be more than glad to help in any way possible.
By the way it looks we have people coming from far and near and ages young and younger. Some have older trailers and some have new.
Some are New to Airstreaming and some are seasoned streamers.

The way I see the start of a weekend Agenda it would go something like this: ( Please anyone jump in and add or take away something from it)

Friday: Meet and greet and help one another get setup. Maybe if everyone is not to tired from their journey have a gathering and a meal that evening.

Saturday: Coffee and Donuts for the early risers ( I'll organize the donuts)
Im arranging a large BBQ pit (If the park allows it) from a friend for cooking briskets and ? Whatever anyone else would like for the evening meal. If anyone would like to add in side dishes and deserts that would be great. While all the cooking is going on I know some of us will want to talk about everything Airstream, Im sure others will too. We have some newbies that Im sure will have lots of questions. I myself have questions on organizations and such.
If anyone is intrested in playing washers or horseshoes I have both.
Maybe some would like to show off their new trailer or some would like to show off their hard work and give some how-to's.

Sunday: For the ones leaving Sunday for the Monday grind we can help them off and wish them safe travels. For those leaving at a later date we can organize something. Im a footballer myself and can hook it up outside for others to watch

Like Ive said this isnt written in stone just throwing this out there for input and ideas. Im open to anything.

If anyone makes suggestions or asks me a question directly and I dont reply in a timely manner, please forgive me I am traveling internationally until the end of October between Singapore and Vietnam. Internet is not that wonderful here, but I am watching this thread whenever I can.
Ive tried to put up an updated map but I wasnt successful. We are up to 11 trailers in the group as of now.
Old 09-29-2011, 08:00 PM   #54
Always learning

1972 29' Ambassador
1962 19' Globetrotter
1951 21' Flying Cloud
Central , Texas
Send a message via Yahoo to Top
Mr. S,
I'm for the loosely organized type of weekend. I too spend all week on a regimented schedule and I like to spend the camping time a little more free style. One thing that I've seen work out well is a Sunday morning "Open House" prior to departure around 11:00 or so. Everybody like to show off a little. As always, I'll show you under my trailer if you show me under yours! It is enough time to work off the fog from the Saturday night campfire and socializing until the wee hours. We might want to start a list of who is bringing what type of side dishes to go with the brisket. I'm thinking of bringing homemade coleslaw.

Work is never done, so take time to play!
Top is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 08:19 PM   #55

1991 34' Excella
1963 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Central , Mississippi
Although I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express, I've been to a couple of these events...Friday is arrival and socializing, enforced informal site touring, someone brings those dang badges, even though we don't need no stinkin' badges...
Saturday, open house midday...grillin and chillin Saturday night...
Sunday seems to be focused on poppin' smoke and hittin the road...

But then again, that may be a substitute memory for what REALLY happened....

Centramatic's frisby contest? Spare tire/Worthington Bowling? WHEN WILL WE HAVE TIME!!!!
Old 09-29-2011, 09:14 PM   #56
Rivet Master

2016 30' Classic
Currently Looking...
Livingston , Texas
I'm for loosness,

Anyone bringing a boat? I think there may be some water around! I've got a washers game and some kids games. How many kids coming? I know Top has a few.

What? so close to Thanksgiving and no turkey? I'm sure there will be enough to had at that time anyway.

We will bring Oriental salad, bread, Texas Caviar and a few other goodies.