Old 11-19-2011, 08:24 AM   #337
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Newton , Texas
Good Deal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawChick View Post
MrS, the brakes are great! On our way home, then to Branson for Thanksgiving. Leave out again after Christmas.

Thanks so much for your help with our brakes. Much nicer not to hear clatter! Fiirst got a little warm like you and Frenchy said they would (yeah, I have to take the tires, hubs and brakes temperature at every stop) but after the first 100 miles they ran cool and uniformly.

Anytime! I told yall when you rolled in with that ole brake a hangin and clanging that I wouldnt let yall leave out without it being right.
And since I was already there I might as well check the rest of them.

Glad yall are making it ok, Hope we get to see you guys again soon. Wish I could make your spring rally in Branson. Ill be watching, Ill make it up there one day.
Tell little man (Ethan) I said hello!

Safe Travels to you!

Mr & Mrs S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 08:30 AM   #338
Always learning

1972 29' Ambassador
1962 19' Globetrotter
1951 21' Flying Cloud
Central , Texas
Send a message via Yahoo to Top
Hi Mr. S and all!
I'm very sorry to have missed this fine rally, but would surely love to attend a Spring Rally in East Texas.
The second weekend of March, 9th-11th, would be best for us as the children have spring break from the 12th-16th. Hope we can attend, some fun and meet old friends and make some new ones!

Work is never done, so take time to play!
Top is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 05:46 PM   #339
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Newton , Texas
Hmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top View Post
Hi Mr. S and all!
I'm very sorry to have missed this fine rally, but would surely love to attend a Spring Rally in East Texas.
The second weekend of March, 9th-11th, would be best for us as the children have spring break from the 12th-16th. Hope we can attend, some fun and meet old friends and make some new ones!

Would be kinda tough on me, Ill fly out on the 12th to head back to work.
We will see what we can do though.
Old 11-19-2011, 06:17 PM   #340
Rivet Master

1992 29' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Morrilton , Arkansas
Got home today from our big silly circle from home, to the Piney Woods of Texas, across Louisiana, Mississippi, on I-10, through Mobile and into Florida. Then we headed home our normal route up to Hattiesburg on 98, then 49 to Jackson, 20 to Tallulah, 65 to Pine Bluff, and on home through Little Rock.

It was fun - but too many miles for 12 days- especially with kids.

The best part was the Piney Woods Rally and all the new folks we got to meet. Can't wait to see you all again!

Joshua, Ethan says hi back! He sure took to you, but I think as our host you were pretty popular with all of us. Only thing was, having the kiddos along meant we didn't get to spend as much time as we would have liked with all of y'all.

HiHo, I didn't even get to peek in that beautiful 34' you and Sarah brought!

"Besides, I'm a gypsy at heart
and I like to travel around."
Reba McEntire

LawChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 08:10 PM   #341
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Newton , Texas
Home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawChick View Post
Got home today from our big silly circle from home, to the Piney Woods of Texas, across Louisiana, Mississippi, on I-10, through Mobile and into Florida. Then we headed home our normal route up to Hattiesburg on 98, then 49 to Jackson, 20 to Tallulah, 65 to Pine Bluff, and on home through Little Rock.

It was fun - but too many miles for 12 days- especially with kids.

The best part was the Piney Woods Rally and all the new folks we got to meet. Can't wait to see you all again!

Joshua, Ethan says hi back! He sure took to you, but I think as our host you were pretty popular with all of us. Only thing was, having the kiddos along meant we didn't get to spend as much time as we would have liked with all of y'all.

HiHo, I didn't even get to peek in that beautiful 34' you and Sarah brought!

Glad you and your gang made it home safely! Ethan is a good kid, I really enjoyed him as my helper.

I enjoyed yall just as much as you laughed at me
I guess next time you come around I can expect a key to Airstream City since your the Mayor and all ya know!
I hope we all get to meet again real soon. It was so much fun.
Cant wait to do it all again!
Old 11-21-2011, 10:00 PM   #342
Rivet Master

1992 29' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Morrilton , Arkansas
Aw, that ole mayor stuff again! LOL

I'm going to try to put up some photos (or get Ray to help me put up some photos).

Next time we go to Florida, ya'll need to come with us. That will be in January, though, and I think you and the gracious & lovely Mrs. S will be skiing about then?

Reba McEntire

Old 11-21-2011, 10:20 PM   #343
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Newton , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawChick
Aw, that ole mayor stuff again! LOL

I'm going to try to put up some photos (or get Ray to help me put up some photos).

Next time we go to Florida, ya'll need to come with us. That will be in January, though, and I think you and the gracious & lovely Mrs. S will be skiing about then?
We only call you Mayor because we love you

We will be skiing in Red River, New Mexico from Dec 27th till Dec 31st. We have to shoot down to Albuquerque‎ New Mexico‎ to put my sister & brother in law on a plane. After that we have no clue which way we are going. We thought about going to Arizona but we also have kicked around the idea of trying to make the Can Opener Rally. We haven't made up our minds what we are goin to do. It will just be the two of us and the Airstream. We just know we have to be home by Jan 13th for Mrs. S first day of nursing school.
Old 11-23-2011, 03:50 PM   #344
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Newton , Texas
Sign in sheet

Ok everyone I sent out the sign in sheet for the rally to the ones that requested it. Again, if anyone would like a copy just shoot me a PM and Ill be glad to send it over to you.

Now on another note, I was able to pop over to Martin Dies Jr. State Park for a quick visit before I departed back to work.
The park is super nice! It kinda had its own wonderland type deal to it. It has loads of nature and bike trials and it also has an inclosed group hall perfect for hosting a pot luck dinner. They have canoe rentals and I think they have the paddle boats too. They have a canoe tour that you can go on. I think it would be a great spring rally spot.
They do a lot of boy scout groups there and looks like they have a load of them from now till March.
I know the lot of you are wanting to do something in March but Im thinking if we pushed it back to Mid April then Id have more time to prepare and Spring would be in full rush then.
What you guys think?

Ill post some more info on the park later, right now I got to get moving, about to head out and get on a Chopper....
Old 11-23-2011, 04:14 PM   #345
Always learning

1972 29' Ambassador
1962 19' Globetrotter
1951 21' Flying Cloud
Central , Texas
Send a message via Yahoo to Top
Cool! Looking forward to the next rally. BTW, calling it a "chopper" makes it sound like you are cleaning up brush in your back yard. I prefer the term helicopter myself. Have a goodn' :b

Work is never done, so take time to play!
Top is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 04:50 PM   #346
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Dallas , Texas
Joshua

April sounds good to us

Dana & Olga
Old 11-23-2011, 04:59 PM   #347

2017 26' Flying Cloud
1976 Argosy 28
Alamo Heights , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top View Post
Cool! Looking forward to the next rally. BTW, calling it a "chopper" makes it sound like you are cleaning up brush in your back yard. I prefer the term helicopter myself. Have a goodn' :b
Purist!

Zero Gravitas 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | Il Progetto 1976 Argosy 28 Center Bath | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 05:03 PM   #348
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Dallas , Texas
Oh for the days of "whirlybirds".... lol
Old 11-23-2011, 05:04 PM   #349
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Newton , Texas
Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKB_SATX View Post
Purist!
Old 11-30-2011, 12:31 AM   #350
Rivet Master

1992 29' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Morrilton , Arkansas
I call it something I wouldn't get on. Chopper, helicopter...these feets is staying on da ground where they belong! We've had the heights discussion, Joshua and David.

I have more photos. I think April would be delightful in Southeast Texas. We are lining up our rallies and there's AIR Midwest in May, then we'll probably go to FOD in June, don't know about Alumapalooza this year. Probably not, but summer seems so far away right now!

I have more photos from the rally that I forgot about cause they were on my iPhone and Ray just put them on my computer. So, I'm going to go ahead and put them in. I hate the slow way one has to load photos here, but here goes! It will take several posts, I know.

Reba McEntire