Old 11-17-2011, 01:25 PM   #323
4 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Pearland , Texas
I'm not much for waiting so I say March.

Old 11-17-2011, 07:57 PM   #324
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Newton , Texas
Rally list

To everyone that attended the Texas Piney Woods Rally:

I have the sign in sheet that everyone filled in the day we had the rally supper and Ive had a couple of request of folks wanting the list.
I havent typed it out yet but I will over the weekend. Im trying to get my early Thanksgiving out of the way and then Ill get on it.

So if you would like a copy just drop me a PM with either your mailing address or your email address and I will get it to you.

Mr & Mrs S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 09:59 PM   #325
3 Rivet Member

2014 30' Flying Cloud
Austin , Texas
Pictures are up under Rally Photos

I started a Thread for Pictures of this Rally and put up 22 pictures. Anyone can add to this category. I know some of you were taking photos, please add them.

Jim
Old 11-18-2011, 07:09 AM   #326
Islander

2005 28' International CCD
Deer Harbor , ORCAS ISLAND WA
great rally

just getting around to posting....we had a great time...and really like east texas....
we left mill creek and spent two days at the state park in galveston...nice. then we headed north and made our way to tyler state park for an overnight stop...rain, but it is a beautiful park. then on to cad do lake state park...deep in the woods and also a beautiful park. we are now at the crater of diamonds state park in murfreesboro, arkansas...we haven't found any diamonds ....yet.

later today we head for lake catherine state park near hot springs, ark and then onward to mount magazine state park in paris, arkansas.

we have stayed at martin dies jr state park a few times and it is nice...but mill creek is s very nice place for a rally.....

we are headed west for new years eve...pichaco peak, arizona and will winter in the west somewhere....but will be back in march....so we are ready for the next east texas rally.....
WBCCI 2541

4CU
kingfisher24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 07:37 AM   #327
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Newton , Texas
Travels

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfisher24 View Post
just getting around to posting....we had a great time...and really like east texas....
we left mill creek and spent two days at the state park in galveston...nice. then we headed north and made our way to tyler state park for an overnight stop...rain, but it is a beautiful park. then on to cad do lake state park...deep in the woods and also a beautiful park. we are now at the crater of diamonds state park in murfreesboro, arkansas...we haven't found any diamonds ....yet.

later today we head for lake catherine state park near hot springs, ark and then onward to mount magazine state park in paris, arkansas.

we have stayed at martin dies jr state park a few times and it is nice...but mill creek is s very nice place for a rally.....

we are headed west for new years eve...pichaco peak, arizona and will winter in the west somewhere....but will be back in march....so we are ready for the next east texas rally.....

We are really glad that yall had such a good time.
Wow yall are moving around, covering more ground in a week than most cover in a month. But thats the way it should be see all you can see and do all you can do.

Just wanted to tell you thanks for coming out and wish you safe travels back out to the West. We will be glad to have you again back in the spring. If something gets a "For Sure Date" then Ill be sure to let yall know.

Be safe!...
Old 11-18-2011, 07:40 AM   #328
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Newton , Texas
Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim J View Post
I started a Thread for Pictures of this Rally and put up 22 pictures. Anyone can add to this category. I know some of you were taking photos, please add them.

Jim

Thanks for starting the picture thread, we really enjoyed going through the photos this morning. Got some good laughs out of some of them.

We hope to see you guys again, it was a pleasure having you attend.

Hope we meet again soon. Be looking for us to do something agian in the Spring.

Safe Travels......
Old 11-18-2011, 08:08 AM   #329
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Newton , Texas
Pictures

Ok everyone,

I added what very few pictures I had. If you have some photos would you please add them to the rally photos thread that Jim J started.

Thanks,

Mr.S
Old 11-18-2011, 08:20 AM   #330
2 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Johnson City , Texas
I am ready for next rally now too! Just ordered my Zip Dee awning handles and am almost over my cold too! awning handles were $31 direct from Zip Dee on eBay. That includes shipping. Yeah. No more awning attacks!
screamstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 09:46 AM   #331
2 Rivet Member

2009 27' FB International
Silsbee , Texas
Mr S...I want a copy of the sign in sheet. Email: debbi2001@msn.com
Thanks!!!

Kingfisher...I should of stowed away with you guys... Looks like your having fun!

Screamstream...thanks for listing where you got the awning handles...about to order us some.

Martin Dies park sounds good...have been trying to get Craig to go do some hiking and mountain biking there...plus it's a little closer to us.
Old 11-18-2011, 09:50 AM   #332
Shelly and Richard

1973 27' Overlander
1959 24' Tradewind
Kopperl , Texas
First weekend in March has our vote! Lets go. March Martin Dies Madness!
Old 11-18-2011, 11:35 AM   #333
3 Rivet Member

2014 30' Flying Cloud
Austin , Texas
Thanks

Thanks to Mr, & Mrs S for organizing this rally. Kathy and I had a great time. We could not stay as long as we liked because of remodeling going on at home that we had to get back to supervise.

We enjoyed everyon'e food and if there is anyone that wants to share recipes, I am sure Kathy or I could start a thread for that.

I also enjoyed seeing all the photos and understand how hard it is to upload lots of photos at one time to the forum site. If anyone knows a way around that I am interested in learning. The most I have ever gotten to load at once was 3 if they are small.

There are so many great places to camp in Texas that we may need to start an Airstream Texas Rally Circuit. Seems like there is always something new to explore and new freinds to be made in the Lone Star State.

Jim J
Old 11-18-2011, 12:15 PM   #334

2017 26' Flying Cloud
1976 Argosy 28
Alamo Heights , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim J View Post
Thanks to Mr, & Mrs S for organizing this rally. Kathy and I had a great time. We could not stay as long as we liked because of remodeling going on at home that we had to get back to supervise.

We enjoyed everyon'e food and if there is anyone that wants to share recipes, I am sure Kathy or I could start a thread for that.

I also enjoyed seeing all the photos and understand how hard it is to upload lots of photos at one time to the forum site. If anyone knows a way around that I am interested in learning. The most I have ever gotten to load at once was 3 if they are small.

There are so many great places to camp in Texas that we may need to start an Airstream Texas Rally Circuit. Seems like there is always something new to explore and new freinds to be made in the Lone Star State.

Jim J
When I'm posting photos to a thread, I don't generally upload them. I just dump them all at photobucket, and then put in a link to the photo. That way it doesn't matter what size the photo is, and I can insert the photos with text around them rather than just as an attachment at the end of my post. (EDIT: except when I'm using the Forum app on my phone, the app resizes and uploads them for me.)

I don't think that works when posting to the photo-only location where you put your rally photos. I haven't gotten around to putting mine there, but they're all in 2 posts in this thread.

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | Il Progetto — 1976 Argosy 28 Center Bath | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 12:46 AM   #335
Rivet Master

1992 29' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Morrilton , Arkansas
MrS, the brakes are great! On our way home, then to Branson for Thanksgiving. Leave out again after Christmas.

Thanks so much for your help with our brakes. Much nicer not to hear clatter! Fiirst got a little warm like you and Frenchy said they would (yeah, I have to take the tires, hubs and brakes temperature at every stop) but after the first 100 miles they ran cool and uniformly.

"Besides, I'm a gypsy at heart
and I like to travel around."
Reba McEntire

LawChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 12:48 AM   #336
Rivet Master

1992 29' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Morrilton , Arkansas
We would like to have copy of the attendee list when you get it, Joshua.

"Besides, I'm a gypsy at heart
and I like to travel around."
Reba McEntire

LawChick is offline   Reply With Quote