Old 11-11-2011, 06:37 AM   #281
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Newton , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Schrader
37 degrees here in Silsbee Tx (50-60 miles south of Mill Creek), weatherman shows a quick warmup by Saturday.. Hope to be there by 1PM... Mr. Smith, anything you need us to pick up on our way up???

Craig and Debbie (Blueiwahine) and Gabbi (Yorkshire Terrier)

37 degrees huh, well that explains the draft and the ice cold floor when my feet hit them this morning.
I believe we are good on this end. Thanks for asking.
Y'all be safe on your way & we will see ya soon.

Mr & Mrs S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 08:49 AM   #282
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody Ranch
Hows the wind situation looking? They are forecasting 40 mph over here. Got a sheltered area where I can still see the lake?

Old 11-11-2011, 09:21 AM   #283
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Newton , Texas
Wind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melody Ranch View Post
Hows the wind situation looking? They are forecasting 40 mph over here. Got a sheltered area where I can still see the lake?

Right now the wind is dead calm Its so nice this morning!

Are you coming out? Did I miss someone?
The tall pines are the only spots that break the wind if it picke up but you can still see the lake. Nearly all the spots can see the lake. Calling for 5 to 10 mph today. Wind was pretty rough yesterday. If your looking for a spot let me know and Ill drop you a PM with my number and help you pick a spot.
Old 11-11-2011, 11:48 PM   #284

2017 26' Flying Cloud
1976 Argosy 28
Alamo Heights , Texas
To those who canceled: we miss you, but you missed out! A gorgeous location, a great group and definitely a great instigator... err... organizer!

Zero Gravitas 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | Il Progetto 1976 Argosy 28 Center Bath | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 10:08 AM   #285

2017 26' Flying Cloud
1976 Argosy 28
Alamo Heights , Texas
Just to make sure you're jealous...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20111112_100024.png
Views:	87
Size:	569.3 KB
ID:	145015   Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20111112_100322.png
Views:	77
Size:	664.4 KB
ID:	145016  

Name:	ForumRunner_20111112_100344.png
Views:	74
Size:	609.1 KB
ID:	145017  

Zero Gravitas 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | Il Progetto 1976 Argosy 28 Center Bath | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. Sir Winston Churchill
Old 11-12-2011, 10:38 AM   #286
3 Rivet Member

1971 25' Tradewind
1956 26' Cruiser Overlander
McLeod , Texas
Well, since I am one of the poor souls who had to cancel, I can tell you that it worked and I am jealous. Thanks for the pictures. Have some fun for me.

Tom
Old 11-12-2011, 09:13 PM   #287

1991 34' Excella
1963 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Central , Mississippi
Not much cell coverage...tried 3 times to upload some photos...we will just have to wait a bit...

It's been a great event...meet lots of friends I have not yet had the chance to formally meet...
HiHoAgRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 01:00 AM   #288
Rivet Master

1992 29' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Morrilton , Arkansas
This is a great rally! I can't get photos up until we can get better wireless, but this is a good one! Mr. & Mrs. S have gone all out for what we hope is only the FIRST annual Piney Woods Rally!

I know everyone will agree our host and his beautiful wife are truly special people!

We laughed tonight until our sides hurt- thanks for the cat story, Joshua!!!

We hope this was only the first of many times camping with all the new friends we've met here!

And man, that barbecue and all the other food was delicious. These Texans and Louisianan's can rustle up some grub!!

But, did I mention, the Hogs won today? But I'm skeered to wooooo pig sooie surrounded by Texans!

"Besides, I'm a gypsy at heart
and I like to travel around."
Reba McEntire

LawChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 08:40 AM   #289
2 Rivet Member

1980 24' Caravelle
Lufkin , Texas
I wish we could have met more of you yesterday but I am glad we came out for a while. I am hopeful that next year we will be back on the road and able to attend the entire event.
Old 11-13-2011, 06:56 PM   #290

1991 34' Excella
1963 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Central , Mississippi
We made it home, 6 1/2 hours...Mrs HiHo drove from Natchez to Jackson (and I slept...) we are all tired so photos will have to wait...

except this one...Super Mac had a 'Ball' and is down for the count...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Whipped Mac.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	133.1 KB
ID:	145145  
HiHoAgRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 07:06 PM   #291

2017 26' Flying Cloud
1976 Argosy 28
Alamo Heights , Texas
We're home from this great, fun rally and unloaded. The only casualty was the coffee press, my fault for stacking dishes in the bin instead of being good and washing the dishes before we came home. I'll do some more cleaning and take the Argosy to its storage spot tomorrow. We had a great time and enjoyed all the meeting, greeting and eating! I'll tinker with the pictures and post them later, and we're already looking forward to Piney Woods II!

Old 11-13-2011, 10:18 PM   #292
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Dallas , Texas
Home as well

Olga and I made it home safe and sound, unloaded the AS, got it back up to storage and home for a late supper.

Joshua and Emily, great job. We really enjoyed the rally and enjoyed seeing so many Airstreams of all sizes and years in one place.

Lawchick and REburt, thanks for being such great next door neighbors.

knutsons, thanks for the first aid supplies when the zipdee tried to eat my finger this morning...

David and David: How was the Dairy Queen on the way home? we rolled on by and I told Olga, look there's David and David. Always nice to see an AS and even nicer for it to be one you know.

Dana
Old 11-13-2011, 10:46 PM   #293
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Newton , Texas
Such a good time!

Im so glad that everyone had such a great time. I didnt have a clue what I was getting myself into when I started the Piney Woods Rally. I hoped that everyone would have a good time and Id learn some new things about Airstreaming.
Well everything went far better than I ever could have hoped for.
I want to give everyone a very special thanks for coming out.
Each and everyone of you that come out are really great people, Mrs. S and I made so many new friends.
The laughing, the gathering together, the food, it was all so amazing. That to us is what it is all about.
Im really glad everyone enjoyed Mill Creek Park, its a beautiful park.
Ive had several request to do a Texas Piney Woods Rally for next year, and like I said if you guys want it Ill be more than glad to host it again next year.
Ive got lots of ideas and input from people on differnt ideas for next year so it will be even better next year. If you missed out this year then you've got to make it next year because it was really great.
This was our first rally ever and we are already missing everyone and looking forward to running into our new friends in future events. We even got folks trying to drag us to Flordia with them tomorrow. To bad Ive got to go back to work soon or we would surley be game!

Glad everyone is making it home safely!
Mrs. S and I will probably stay here till Wednesday and try and gather up enough strengh to pack up and go home.
The last of the rally folks will head out tomorrow, sure hate to seem them go. It was such a great time but it seemed like it was over before it started.
Good times always go so fast.
But its a small world and Im sure we will cross paths again soon.

Again thanks everyone for coming out! We had the BEST time!
Cant wait to see all the photos..........Hmmm hope no one got any black mail photos......
Old 11-13-2011, 11:38 PM   #294

2017 26' Flying Cloud
1976 Argosy 28
Alamo Heights , Texas
Piney Woods picture time!

Airstreaming friends (and our Sister on the Fly in their SOB as well, of course!) I took a few pictures while we were there and wanted to share them. I'm sure you'll get more images from others with better hardware in the next few days, but one advantage of using point-and-shoot devices is that you don't feel as compelled to tweak for the perfect picture, you just share what you saw at the moment.

First, your narrator (On the right in the maroon shirt. My partner, the much-better-looking David is closer to the camera on the left.)

We were in Site 70, and had a great view both of Lake Sam Rayburn and our new friends' trailers. I posted a couple of views with my phone while we were still there enjoying the company of our fellow rally attendees, and here I'll put some more.

We took a stroll through the campground (at the insistence of Chloe, our Fox Terrier) and saw that there were a few Airstreams around.

I unfortunately took no pictures at the delicious pot-luck feast we all shared along with more good company. Just look back up at the fat bastard in the maroon shirt in the first picture in this post...clearly I was busy eating.

Sunday morning there were several spontaneous clumps of new friends sharing stories and wishing each other safe journeys until we meet again while the less fortunate of us were breaking camp. (And of course enjoying more great stories from Frenchy Richard in the bargain!)

And at the last, but definitively NOT least, our new friends and Piney Woods Rally organizers (in exactly that order of importance!) Joshua and Emily.