Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-02-2011, 07:48 PM   #361
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Newton , Texas
Option 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by knutson View Post
Canton is closer for us and sounds fun. Non trade days seems less hectic, but if everyone else wants shopping, I'm sure that'll be fun too.
Option 3 would be the more relaxed Airstream orientated event.
Im more in that favor as well.
I like to get to know the folks that come out.

The shopping option would burn everyone out pretty quick, then off to bed they'd go. Thats what I do.
Mr & Mrs S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 09:22 PM   #362

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
Canton is just down the road a bit for us... First Monday or not we'll go! It's definitely quieter there when it's NOT Trade Days, so for a weekend that focuses more on the rally itself I think that would be better, and there are 3x as many of those weekends to choose from.

Really the only thing that wasn't great about Mill Creek on Sam Rayburn was the railing issue, but we learned quickly to be careful in the dark and it was no problem. As far as doing that vs. a new park, well, the park is definitely nice enough to visit again but the best part of the rally was the company, we could go to the same park again and again to spend time w/ that crowd!

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 10:04 PM   #363
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Holly Lake Ranch , Texas
Nice find Joshua. Looks like Mill Creek RV Resort in Canton would be great, especially since its only an hour from us.... nice. Olga and I vote for the non trade days weekend.... definately would be more relaxed and I got the sense that lots of folks at the Fall Rally really enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere.

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help out in planning, given that we are so close.

Dana
Goal15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 10:51 PM   #364
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Newton , Texas
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goal15 View Post
Nice find Joshua. Looks like Mill Creek RV Resort in Canton would be great, especially since its only an hour from us.... nice. Olga and I vote for the non trade days weekend.... definately would be more relaxed and I got the sense that lots of folks at the Fall Rally really enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere.

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help out in planning, given that we are so close.

Dana
Thanks Dana, You were a great help with the last rally taking care of the name tags and signs. Ill be sure to keep you in mind. We got a few folks taking intrest, so if we get a few more yes votes Ill email or call the park and confirm the dates then start a new offical rally thread.

I agree I noticed that everyone seemed to enjoy the relaxed theme. Although there were a couple request for prizes at the next event.
I got some things in mind, this would be a great park to host a rally in.
Also something I forgot to mention earlier if everyone hasnt noticed yet, the park has wifi, its in the middle of town with stores just down the road, and phone service with AT&T was full 3G. All some of the folks seemed to miss.
Old 12-03-2011, 06:27 AM   #365
2 Rivet Member

2009 27' FB International
Silsbee , Texas
It all sounds good. We're game for any of it. Love to shop, but a slow pace weekend in a park is great too.
blueiwahine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 09:19 AM   #366
3 Rivet Member

2008 27' International FB
Shoreacres , Texas
Any of the three proposed options are fine with us, we will go with what the majority likes.

If you have trouble getting reservation commitments on the Mill Creeks, there is another option for a rally freindly park that will let you make advance reservations. I am talking about Wolf Creek Park on the West side of Lake Livingston just North of Coldspring, Tx . They are a TRA (Trinity River Authority) Park. They have 3 full hookup circles that are good for large groups.
Silvertherapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 04:34 PM   #367
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Newton , Texas
Mill Creek RV Resort

@jdh350,

Thanks for that info, Ill be sure to keep that in mind.

Ok everyone I think its safe to book for Mill Creek RV Resort on the NON-Trade Days. Looks like enough people are taking intrest and Im sure more will join along the way. You all are such a great group who wouldnt want to join in.

I called the Resort today and spoke with a lady about our plans, she said that Ill have to call back on Monday and speak with the Rally coordinator.
(Wow they have their own coordinator)
The lady I spoke with was extremely nice. I hope everything works out and we get to have the rally here. Ive never stayed here before but I did take a tour through the park last time we were in Canton and the folks running the place were super great people. Our ten minute visit turned into over a hour. They really seem to care about the comfort of there visitors.
So keep your fingers crossed that it works out and we all are able to get together again!
Old 12-03-2011, 04:52 PM   #368
1 Rivet Member

1988 34' Excella
Troy , Texas
Don't miss the Texas Hill Country Rally...December 14-18th 2011...Canyon Trail RV Resort...golf....shopping...42......just south of the Outlet Mall in San Marcos...see ya...
excella99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 05:12 PM   #369
Rivet Master

Livingston , Texas
Mr. S, Do you think we can fill the Red Oaks area? The park looks nice. Rather close sites though.
Old 12-03-2011, 05:37 PM   #370
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Newton , Texas
Sites

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphere Guy View Post
Mr. S, Do you think we can fill the Red Oaks area? The park looks nice. Rather close sites though.

SG,

The sites are spaceous, not like what you had in the Piney Woods Rally, you were kinda in a hole there.

But the sites are about as far apart as the ones at the Piney Woods Rally in the area where myself, jdh350, and DKB_SATX where located.

On the Red Oaks area, Ill have to call on Monday and just see whats avalible. Im thinking Ill see if we can start off with 20 sites? Then we can just go from there.

It only takes 10 to get the discounted rate, so maybe if we could get around 25 or 30 they'd knock off another couple of bucks.

I figure by April everyone will be ready to get out and enjoy some spring weather.
Old 12-04-2011, 10:02 AM   #371

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Fort Worth , Texas
Unfortunately, I had to back out of your "Piney Woods Rally" after making a reservation, however, I still subscribe to your thread. So--- I would like to try to make it to the next get together you are planning. I do have other things going on in the Spring, however if I can make this one, I'll be there! Thanks. Marilyn
Marilyn_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 04:21 PM   #372
2 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Johnson City , Texas
I am really looking forward to where ever you guys have to do the rally! Stay Warm and have a Great Holiday....
screamstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 07:48 AM   #373
4 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Pearland , Texas
What's the latest and greatest? Is the rally still on? What's the plans?

It's been too quiet on here.
Old 02-22-2012, 04:14 AM   #374
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Newton , Texas
I agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bike_addict View Post
What's the latest and greatest? Is the rally still on? What's the plans?

It's been too quiet on here.

I wish more than anything that I could put together another rally. I was just looking over the pictures of this thread and thinking man what a great group we had here.

Unfortunately my job is being so demanding, Mrs. S in school, & these other missions I get set up for I just can see the light at the end of my tunnel to be able to camp.

Yesterday was such a GLORIOUS day here in East Texas, I wished so badly I was camping!

Hopefully things will slow down for me in the Fall... Yea thats right the Fall, looks like thats when Ill see the light in my tunnel!

Mr. S
Old 02-22-2012, 07:38 AM   #375
4 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Pearland , Texas
I understand. I'm nonstop as well. I cancelled my last two weekend trips at the last minute because I just couldn't get away. Ended up working most of the weekends.

Even if you would've have been able to do it chances are I wouldn't have been able to make it. I don't have many free weekends coming up and the chances of them staying free are slim.

Don't sweat it. We'll get something worked out for the fall.
Old 02-23-2012, 04:24 PM   #376
2 Rivet Member

1976 31' Sovereign
Scranton , Arkansas
Had a job in another life. Did not like it. Frenchy in Ar.
L.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 08:33 AM   #377
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Holly Lake Ranch , Texas
Joshua...

posted on the refurb thread, but just saw your post about ya'll's busy schedule, so totally understandable about no time to camp. Hope you guys can get back to camping as soon as time allows.

Dana
Old 08-15-2012, 05:31 PM   #378
4 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Pearland , Texas
Is anyone up for a Texas Piney Woods Rally Part 2?
Old 08-16-2012, 05:28 PM   #379
4 Rivet Member

2005 19' Safari
Austin , Texas
I didn't make the 1st one but I'm game!

Lynn
2005 19' Safari, Toyota Tundra
2 Small and Spoiled Dogs
lcurrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 06:36 PM   #380
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Holly Lake Ranch , Texas
Olga and I enjoyed the first one and would definately be interested in another one... loved the relaxed laidback atmosphere and all the great friendship.