Old 11-05-2011, 05:38 PM   #197
4 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Pearland , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHoAgRV

Tell 'um to stick a stopper in the shower, you are coming to get the 'Stream, and call ya when the part arrives...There's camping to be done!
That's the plan if it's not done by Wednesday. I'm picking it up Wednesday at lunch. Done or not.

Old 11-05-2011, 08:30 PM   #198
Rivet Master

2016 30' Classic
Currently Looking...
Livingston , Texas
I just hope it's not in pieces.

Old 11-06-2011, 06:39 AM   #199
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Newton , Texas
Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by screamstream View Post
I reserved site #64. I should arrive tomorrrow for a week, I hope!

Welcome to the rally! Glad you could join the fun. Mrs. S and I will arrive at the park on Wednesday. We'll see you there!
Mr & Mrs S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 09:17 AM   #200
Always learning

1972 29' Ambassador
1962 19' Globetrotter
1951 21' Flying Cloud
Central , Texas
Send a message via Yahoo to Top
Unhappy Sorry to have to cancel

Mr. S and others,
My daughter was selected for All Region Choir yesterday and her performance is next Saturday. I'm very proud of her. The Army has made me miss enough of their lives in the past 15 years that I always attend every meet, game, concert or other event my children are in. I guess the planets are not aligned properly. I'm going to have to cancel. I know y'all will have a great time! We'll see some of you next month at Blanco!

Work is never done, so take time to play!
Top is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 10:33 AM   #201

2017 26' Flying Cloud
1976 Argosy 28
Alamo Heights , Texas
Top: You won't regret (and the kids won't forget) time you spend on those activities. See y'all in Blanco!

Zero Gravitas 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | Il Progetto 1976 Argosy 28 Center Bath | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 02:53 PM   #202
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Dallas , Texas
Top:

Being parent is the second best thing in the world.... right after being married to the best person in the world... so congratulations to your daughter and enjoy the moment with her and your family.

And thanks for those 15 years of service that you have done for all the rest of us.

Dana
Old 11-06-2011, 05:15 PM   #203
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody Ranch
Darn! I had my heart set on some Italian camp food. Will miss seeing you all.
Old 11-06-2011, 06:38 PM   #204
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Newton , Texas
Darn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top View Post
Mr. S and others,
My daughter was selected for All Region Choir yesterday and her performance is next Saturday. I'm very proud of her. The Army has made me miss enough of their lives in the past 15 years that I always attend every meet, game, concert or other event my children are in. I guess the planets are not aligned properly. I'm going to have to cancel. I know y'all will have a great time! We'll see some of you next month at Blanco!

Well first off, tell the kiddo congratulations for being selected to the All Region Choir!
I didnt have a clue that I almost had a American Idol contender coming to the Piney Woods...

We really hate that your going to miss out on the rally but we understand that being a Father comes first.
No worries, its a small world, we will get to meet up one day.

Lots of talent in that family you got, bet you sure are one proud Dad!

Keep in touch and thanks for helping me get this rally started!
We will be sure to post lots of pics so you will know what you missed out on....
Take Care!
Old 11-06-2011, 06:49 PM   #205

1991 34' Excella
1963 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Central , Mississippi
Mrs HiHo and I have decided what to bring for the meal...actually we were lookin in the truck and noticed we hadn't unloaded from last weekends outing and the cooker was still settin there...so, we are gonna heat up a big-o-pot of hot grease and cook some french fries to go with the rest of the chow....

I just hope that the 1 gallon jug is Wesson oil and not Pensoil...
HiHoAgRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 07:01 PM   #206
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Newton , Texas
Site # 72

Ok so we all know that TOP had to cancel due to a family event, well he had a prime spot site # 72, lake side off the point facing the water. Nice Spot!
Call me what you will but I just booked that site so that an SOB wont jump in the middle of us.
Now, I cant occupy two spots with one trailer.....soooo... if anyone thinks they would like to join us in this rally Ive got this spot for Friday, Saturday, & Sunday. So you wouldnt have to checkout till Monday at 2 p.m.

Contact me if you would like more info on this spot.
I only have a small handlers fee
Just Kidding!
But Id love to hand this spot over to another fellow Airstreamer, so just drop me a message if you think youd like to have it.

If no one claims it then I guess it will just be extra parking, or maybe Ill setup tables there or something, who knows...
Old 11-06-2011, 09:16 PM   #207

1991 34' Excella
1963 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Central , Mississippi
Here's an option...if nobody can stomach your 'handlin fee'...

A mason jar for a kitty fund and use it as the cookin/social spot...

I've been know to stuff a dollar in the kitty...(really bad joke follows here...)
HiHoAgRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 09:18 PM   #208
3 Rivet Member

2008 27' International FB
Shoreacres , Texas
Connie and Johnny would like your spot instead of #82 that we have reserved. Can we have it? And we will hang onto #82 for any other AS that wants it.

Connie n Johnny
Old 11-06-2011, 09:25 PM   #209
3 Rivet Member

2008 27' International FB
Shoreacres , Texas
Top,

Congrats to your daughter. I'm certain you will enjoy the event being there with her and your family and will not regret your decision! I believe we heard her voice in San Marcos and I think she will win top honors! We'll see you in Blanco. Enjoy each moment.

Connie
Old 11-07-2011, 02:29 AM   #210
Rivet Master

1992 29' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Morrilton , Arkansas
What's the weather forecast down there?

JS.,
We're recovered from AIR Midwest, so we're ready to come on down.

We planned to leave Tuesday, stop somewhere around Texarkana, and arrive Wednesday. But the weather forecast for here is terrible for Tuesday - severe thunderstorms with "possible isolated tornados". What is the forecast for the Mill Creek area for Tuesday and Wednesday? If we are delayed, we can actually make the whole trip in one day on Wednesday, but we prefer to go only a couple hundred miles a day (especially with kids and dog!).

Depends on when this storm front comes through and how bad it's supposed to be between here and there. As of tonight's news, it looked like Texarkana would be about the worst place to be Tuesday night!

Also, ya'll don't hold me to making gumbo - have to carry so many ingredients, plus need BIIIIGGGG rice cooker. I may do it anyway, but not sure I want to haul half the kitchen & pantry down. Even if I don't get enough energy to do gumbo, I'll do something equally good. And a dessert, too.

I'm assuming from looking at the park map that our site is fairly near the playground? That's where the grands will probably want to hang out. Also, are the park roads good for bicyles? Trying to decide whether to bring our grandson's bike or not.

Esmerelda is ready to go. Battened down and turned 'er around today so we can just slip under 'er and take off.

Now if this gnarly storm system will just come on through and get it over with. I don't much like the idea of having the kids, the dog, and Esmerelda and hitting bad storms. We've been through several bad ones in our traylah since last February, and did fine. (And have the hail dings to prove it). Just kind of scary. In Ohio last summer a tornado ripped through less than a mile from where we were camped and did major damage.

We can't tell much about what the weather will be like down there. From what I can see locally, it looks like it may not even storm that far south.

In any case - see you soon. Anxious to meet more Airstream friends! It looks like this rally will be about the same size as AIR Midwest was - about 22 trailers?

(Top, sorry you can't make it. We've been looking forward to meeting you. Maybe next time!)

"Besides, I'm a gypsy at heart
and I like to travel around."
Reba McEntire

LawChick is offline   Reply With Quote