Old 10-28-2011, 11:17 AM   #169
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Dallas , Texas
Mostly just a trace in DFW last night. Well aside from the buckets of tears being shed for squandered chances to win the World Series in six. Arggh!!!!

Old 10-28-2011, 11:44 AM   #170
4 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Pearland , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goal15
Mostly just a trace in DFW last night. Well aside from the buckets of tears being shed for squandered chances to win the World Series in six. Arggh!!!!
Hilarious. That was a great game to watch.

Old 10-28-2011, 11:44 AM   #171
Rivet Master

1997 30' Excella
1961 26' Overlander
1954 22' Flying Cloud
1981 28' Airstream 280
San Antonio , Texas
Amen to that!!
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
bwoodtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 11:58 AM   #172
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Dallas , Texas
Well, up here great is a relative term this morning. But hey I grew up a Red Sox fan and it took 53 years for them to finally win a WS, so I'm used to this kind of agony. Thank God I didn't grow up in Chicago.....

But it was great theater if not always great baseball execution
Old 10-28-2011, 01:29 PM   #173
4 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Pearland , Texas
As an Astros fan I understand pain. My tears ran out very early this season and all I could do was laugh.

As an outsider this has been a very good World Series to watch just as a fan of baseball.
Old 10-28-2011, 01:43 PM   #174
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Newton , Texas
Just touched down back in the Republic! Man it's good to be back home! Well almost still got to drive.
Mr & Mrs S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 01:50 PM   #175
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Dallas , Texas
Welcome back

did you bring any rain?

But seriously it must be nice to be home.

Dana
Old 10-28-2011, 02:08 PM   #176
Rivet Master

2016 30' Classic
Currently Looking...
Livingston , Texas
Welcome back Mr S.
Old 10-28-2011, 02:36 PM   #177
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Newton , Texas
Thanks, it's always a great feeling to be home again. Nope no rain with me. Wish I could bring some, there's plenty of it in Asia.
Old 10-28-2011, 07:51 PM   #178
Rivet Master

1978 31' Sovereign
Texas Airstream Harbor , Zavalla, in the Deep East Texas Piney Woods on Lake Sam Rayburn
Add one night before ar after the rally to discover a real gem.

Hello to all Airstreamers.

As mentioned earlier in this thread the Piney Woods Rally is in time conflict with the TAHI November rally.

See below:

Texas Airstream Harbor, Inc.

I checked with Mr. S prior to posting this so as to make clear that this is not a hijacking attempt. Rather, an invitation to all Streamers, and particularly the participants of the Piney Woods Rally.

Please consider dropping by TAHI on your way to the rally or on your way back to the homeport.

As reported by both Pahaska and Rockwell earlier in this thread TAHI is a unique Airstream Only campground. Lots of advangtages (gated community, remote, on the lake)...and, purchase a "share" and park your AS for only - get this - $300 per year...and that includes water, sewerage, and trash. Electricity is charged as used.

The invitation - contact me at two eight one - 796 - five two one eight or via PM to provide gate access. The park is most certainly not for everyone, but it will only cost ten bucks for an overnight full hookup to check it out. All cellular reception is spotty in the area, just drive into Zavalla if you are having problems, most cell service providers have a tower that will work in Zavalla.

Texas Airstream Harbor, Inc. (TAHI) is just a few miles from the Mill Creek Campground, just 5 miles East of Zavalla, Texas on 147, just West of the mid-lake bridge. If you are at the Mill Creek Campground you are only minutes across the lake from TAHI - stop by and check it out.

Safe driving to the Piney Woods Rally - believe it or not the leaves on the oak trees are exhibiting some color after the disasterous drought trhis summer. Hope you have great weather for the rally.

"Suck it up, spend the bucks, do it right the first time."

WBCCI # 1113
AirForums #1737

Trailer '78 31' Sovereign

Living Large at an Airstream Park on the Largest Lake Totally Contained in Texas
Texas Airstream Harbor, Inc.
87MH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 11:50 AM   #179
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Newton , Texas
Mill Creek Park

Well Mrs. S and myself just returned for our visit at Mill Creek Park.

Good news and bad news.

Bad news first, due to the burn ban that is in affect until who knows when, there will be no outdoor fires, (which I knew that) no cooking is allowed with wood or charcoal, no tiki torches, no candles, or any other type of open flames will be allowed. That also means that I cant bring in the BBQ pit.
They really wanted to let me but they just couldnt do it. They tossed the idea around for thirty minutes but they finally said they just couldnt do it. I told them its fine I completly understand.

If you have anymore questions about cooking or cans and cants please contact me.

Due to the drought they are in the process of removing dangerous trees from the park now. I spoke with the attendent and she said it will not affect us in any way. They have already finished the trees in our loop and she said she will have the debris removed before our rally.

Now the good news.

Mill Creek Park is really excited to have everyone coming. She said they will welcome everyone thats coming and hope that we can get even more people to come than we have now. This is the first Rally they have ever had...

We will be able to use any type of LP gas grills for cooking. She told me as long as it runs on gas it can be used. All they ask is that you keep it on the concrete surface and do not leave it unattended.

Now Im sure your wondering about the briskets.
On my way home from Mill Creek I stopped in Jasper, TX at Smitty's Smoke House and told them about our situation and they said they would be more then glad to help us out. So now they will be doing the brisket cooking for us and also some chopped beef for sandwhichs. I will pick up all the meat at 4:30 pm from them on Saturday. Ill prolly need one person to go with me to help pick up the food. (Volunteers?) They do a really great job cooking, Mrs. S and I eat here very often. I looove their chopped beef sandwhich.
On your way up to the rally if your hungry stop by and have lunch there, you wont be disappointed.

The park looked really great, all the trees have changed to show their fall colors and the weather is great. I love this time of year. Mill Creek is a wonderful park, I hope everyone will enjoy their stay. Im looking forward to meeting everyone.

If your not already signed up for the Texas Piney Woods Rally then you really should consider. Theres lots of room in the park and I encourge you to get that Airstream out and come out to Mill Creek Park and enjoy some great company and great food.
If anyone has any questions please dont hesitate to ask.

Mr. S
Old 10-29-2011, 12:46 PM   #180
4 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Pearland , Texas
Good save on the meat. Sounds like a good plan. I'll be glad to help.

Really wish I was there this weekend, especially with this weather.
Old 10-29-2011, 03:17 PM   #181
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Dallas , Texas
That's good news about the brisket and chopped beef as well as the state of the park..... looking forward to meeting everyone.... will probably even wear my Ranger cap just to show I'm over it lol
Old 10-29-2011, 08:18 PM   #182
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Newton , Texas
I'm just glad it's turning out ok! I was worried about getting the briskest done but now all of that is taken care of.

Thanks bike-addict for the Volunteer offer, our main objective is to not spill anything in my truck.
By picking up the food at 4:30 I was guessing everyone would want to eat between 5 & 5:30?