Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-06-2011, 09:33 AM   #201

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
Top: You won't regret (and the kids won't forget) time you spend on those activities. See y'all in Blanco!

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 01:53 PM   #202
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Holly Lake Ranch , Texas
Top:

Being parent is the second best thing in the world.... right after being married to the best person in the world... so congratulations to your daughter and enjoy the moment with her and your family.

And thanks for those 15 years of service that you have done for all the rest of us.

Dana
Goal15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 04:15 PM   #203
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody Ranch
Darn! I had my heart set on some Italian camp food. Will miss seeing you all.
Old 11-06-2011, 05:38 PM   #204
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Newton , Texas
Darn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top View Post
Mr. S and others,
My daughter was selected for All Region Choir yesterday and her performance is next Saturday. I'm very proud of her. The Army has made me miss enough of their lives in the past 15 years that I always attend every meet, game, concert or other event my children are in. I guess the planets are not aligned properly. I'm going to have to cancel. I know y'all will have a great time! We'll see some of you next month at Blanco!

Well first off, tell the kiddo congratulations for being selected to the All Region Choir!
I didnt have a clue that I almost had a American Idol contender coming to the Piney Woods...

We really hate that your going to miss out on the rally but we understand that being a Father comes first.
No worries, its a small world, we will get to meet up one day.

Lots of talent in that family you got, bet you sure are one proud Dad!

Keep in touch and thanks for helping me get this rally started!
We will be sure to post lots of pics so you will know what you missed out on....
Take Care!
Mr & Mrs S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 05:49 PM   #205
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
1963 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Central , Mississippi
Mrs HiHo and I have decided what to bring for the meal...actually we were lookin in the truck and noticed we hadn't unloaded from last weekends outing and the cooker was still settin there...so, we are gonna heat up a big-o-pot of hot grease and cook some french fries to go with the rest of the chow....

I just hope that the 1 gallon jug is Wesson oil and not Pensoil...
HiHoAgRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 06:01 PM   #206
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Newton , Texas
Site # 72

Ok so we all know that TOP had to cancel due to a family event, well he had a prime spot site # 72, lake side off the point facing the water. Nice Spot!
Call me what you will but I just booked that site so that an SOB wont jump in the middle of us.
Now, I cant occupy two spots with one trailer.....soooo... if anyone thinks they would like to join us in this rally Ive got this spot for Friday, Saturday, & Sunday. So you wouldnt have to checkout till Monday at 2 p.m.

Contact me if you would like more info on this spot.
I only have a small handlers fee
Just Kidding!
But Id love to hand this spot over to another fellow Airstreamer, so just drop me a message if you think youd like to have it.

If no one claims it then I guess it will just be extra parking, or maybe Ill setup tables there or something, who knows...
Old 11-06-2011, 08:16 PM   #207
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
1963 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Central , Mississippi
Here's an option...if nobody can stomach your 'handlin fee'...

A mason jar for a kitty fund and use it as the cookin/social spot...

I've been know to stuff a dollar in the kitty...(really bad joke follows here...)
HiHoAgRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 08:18 PM   #208
3 Rivet Member

2008 27' International FB
Shoreacres , Texas
Connie and Johnny would like your spot instead of #82 that we have reserved. Can we have it? And we will hang onto #82 for any other AS that wants it.

Connie n Johnny
Old 11-06-2011, 08:25 PM   #209
3 Rivet Member

2008 27' International FB
Shoreacres , Texas
Top,

Congrats to your daughter. I'm certain you will enjoy the event being there with her and your family and will not regret your decision! I believe we heard her voice in San Marcos and I think she will win top honors! We'll see you in Blanco. Enjoy each moment.

Connie
Old 11-07-2011, 01:29 AM   #210
Rivet Master

1992 29' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Morrilton , Arkansas
What's the weather forecast down there?

JS.,
We're recovered from AIR Midwest, so we're ready to come on down.

We planned to leave Tuesday, stop somewhere around Texarkana, and arrive Wednesday. But the weather forecast for here is terrible for Tuesday - severe thunderstorms with "possible isolated tornados". What is the forecast for the Mill Creek area for Tuesday and Wednesday? If we are delayed, we can actually make the whole trip in one day on Wednesday, but we prefer to go only a couple hundred miles a day (especially with kids and dog!).

Depends on when this storm front comes through and how bad it's supposed to be between here and there. As of tonight's news, it looked like Texarkana would be about the worst place to be Tuesday night!

Also, ya'll don't hold me to making gumbo - have to carry so many ingredients, plus need BIIIIGGGG rice cooker. I may do it anyway, but not sure I want to haul half the kitchen & pantry down. Even if I don't get enough energy to do gumbo, I'll do something equally good. And a dessert, too.

I'm assuming from looking at the park map that our site is fairly near the playground? That's where the grands will probably want to hang out. Also, are the park roads good for bicyles? Trying to decide whether to bring our grandson's bike or not.

Esmerelda is ready to go. Battened down and turned 'er around today so we can just slip under 'er and take off.

Now if this gnarly storm system will just come on through and get it over with. I don't much like the idea of having the kids, the dog, and Esmerelda and hitting bad storms. We've been through several bad ones in our traylah since last February, and did fine. (And have the hail dings to prove it). Just kind of scary. In Ohio last summer a tornado ripped through less than a mile from where we were camped and did major damage.

We can't tell much about what the weather will be like down there. From what I can see locally, it looks like it may not even storm that far south.

In any case - see you soon. Anxious to meet more Airstream friends! It looks like this rally will be about the same size as AIR Midwest was - about 22 trailers?

(Top, sorry you can't make it. We've been looking forward to meeting you. Maybe next time!)

"Besides, I'm a gypsy at heart
and I like to travel around."
Reba McEntire

LawChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 02:00 AM   #211
Rivet Master

1992 29' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Morrilton , Arkansas
Anyone else bringing kids or grandkids? Hope so! We'll have two. An 8-year-old boy and 4-year old girl. The boy, Ethan, is a veteran by now - he went to Alumapalooza with us and met more people than we did.

"Besides, I'm a gypsy at heart
and I like to travel around."
Reba McEntire

LawChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 06:43 AM   #212
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Newton , Texas
Hey there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawChick View Post
JS.,
We're recovered from AIR Midwest, so we're ready to come on down.

We planned to leave Tuesday, stop somewhere around Texarkana, and arrive Wednesday. But the weather forecast for here is terrible for Tuesday - severe thunderstorms with "possible isolated tornados". What is the forecast for the Mill Creek area for Tuesday and Wednesday? If we are delayed, we can actually make the whole trip in one day on Wednesday, but we prefer to go only a couple hundred miles a day (especially with kids and dog!).

Depends on when this storm front comes through and how bad it's supposed to be between here and there. As of tonight's news, it looked like Texarkana would be about the worst place to be Tuesday night!

Also, ya'll don't hold me to making gumbo - have to carry so many ingredients, plus need BIIIIGGGG rice cooker. I may do it anyway, but not sure I want to haul half the kitchen & pantry down. Even if I don't get enough energy to do gumbo, I'll do something equally good. And a dessert, too.

I'm assuming from looking at the park map that our site is fairly near the playground? That's where the grands will probably want to hang out. Also, are the park roads good for bicyles? Trying to decide whether to bring our grandson's bike or not.

Esmerelda is ready to go. Battened down and turned 'er around today so we can just slip under 'er and take off.

Now if this gnarly storm system will just come on through and get it over with. I don't much like the idea of having the kids, the dog, and Esmerelda and hitting bad storms. We've been through several bad ones in our traylah since last February, and did fine. (And have the hail dings to prove it). Just kind of scary. In Ohio last summer a tornado ripped through less than a mile from where we were camped and did major damage.

We can't tell much about what the weather will be like down there. From what I can see locally, it looks like it may not even storm that far south.

In any case - see you soon. Anxious to meet more Airstream friends! It looks like this rally will be about the same size as AIR Midwest was - about 22 trailers?

(Top, sorry you can't make it. We've been looking forward to meeting you. Maybe next time!)
Glad yawl are geared up and ready to go. Ive been watching the weather pretty close and for the "Lakes Area" which is Mill Creek, Tuesday is just a chance of rain but later on towards the end of the day they call for 80% rain and mild thunderstorms. Nothing as bad as what yall will see up there.
Wednesday will be Sunny skies but cooler. And Thursday night will be the coldest night which we will dip down into the mid 30's. But its all clear skies after our little shower on Tuesday.
Im thinking if it were me, If the weather looked ok Id head out early in the A.M. on Tuesday and drive as far as I could past Texarkana. Maybe get somewhere down towards I-20 like Marshall, TX or Carthage,TX. If you need help finding a RV park let me know Ive got two programs I juse on my computer that let me know where every RV Park in the USA is.
Its not a very far drive from there to Mill Creek but it would give you enough time to get up that morning get the kiddos breakfast drink your coffe then head out and be at Mill Creek just in time for check in.
The reason Id drive that far is that would get you out of Tornado Alley as I call it. Seems that from I-20 down the tornados are not near as bad.
But thats just my thinking, Yall do what you think is best for you and your crew.

Now on the Gumbo, I dont blame you one bit if you dont make it, I was wondering myself how that was going to work out for you cooking in a camper. The main point of the rally is to come out and have a good time and relax, not to slave over a gumbo pot. But its whatever you are up for. But for me theres no hard feelings if you dont make it.

O and the playground, its not far at all from where we will be. The park is a very safe park and normally there are lots of kiddos running around and playing in the playground. The roads are great for a bike and the park is very large and he will have plenty of room to ride. Im bringing my bike maybe Ill have a riding partner.

Im really not sure how many folks are coming out, I havent updated in a while. Figured everyone was tired of me sending them out. Ill get one more out so everyone can get a final look.

Glad yawl are coming out, have a safe travel. See yawl soon!
Old 11-07-2011, 07:03 AM   #213
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Newton , Texas
Site #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdh350 View Post
Connie and Johnny would like your spot instead of #82 that we have reserved. Can we have it? And we will hang onto #82 for any other AS that wants it.

Connie n Johnny
Connie n Johnny,

I dont see a problem with switching with you, we will just hang onto your original spot #82 in case we have another joining member or if not then I like HiHo's idea about setting up tables or having a meeting spot there.
You will have to contact me before you arrive so that I can be at the front gate to show the confirmation papers on that spot and let them know Im switching with you. Are you arriving on Friday?
Old 11-07-2011, 07:30 AM   #214
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Newton , Texas
Updated list

Ok everyone here is a updated list for the rally. If I have missed anyone or you havent put in your info such as number of person in the party, please try and do so by Wednesday. That is the day Im going to Smitty's Smoke House in Jasper on my way through to give them the final head count so they will know how much to cater for.

MC Park map.pdf
Rally Supper.pdf

We've had some cancellations so looks like as of now we are at 17 trailers.

Ive give the ok for Connie n Johnny to switch from spot 82 to spot 72.
So if anyone would like to attend then spot 82 is already reserved just waiting for someone to jump in and want the spot. Contact me for further details. Might even cut you a deal on it
Old 11-07-2011, 07:38 AM   #215
Rivet Master

Livingston , Texas
Mr. S, as of now it will just be the 2 of us. Our Grandkids can't make it due to school.
Old 11-07-2011, 07:40 AM   #216
Rivet Master

Livingston , Texas
Top,

Man you have a very talented Family. We'll miss you at Piney Woods but will surely see you down the road.

Good luck to her!

Sid & Bonny
Old 11-07-2011, 07:41 AM   #217
Rivet Master

Livingston , Texas
BTW Mr. S, SOTF will bring Boudin and Cracklin's
Old 11-07-2011, 07:50 AM   #218

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
Looking at the "Rally Supper" document, I think we'll probably bring Smoked Gouda Mac & Cheese and perhaps a green veggie dish.

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 08:02 AM   #219
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Newton , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKB_SATX
Looking at the "Rally Supper" document, I think we'll probably bring Smoked Gouda Mac & Cheese and perhaps a green veggie dish.
Sounds good!
Is the two of y'all in your party?
Old 11-07-2011, 08:03 AM   #220
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Newton , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphere Guy
BTW Mr. S, SOTF will bring Boudin and Cracklin's
Thanks for the update.