Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-01-2015, 02:27 PM   #41
Rivet Master

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Davenport , Iowa
Dana and Sue think that if there is room (volume), we can take it. Trailer weight is almost at capacity.
Airtandem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 02:16 PM   #42
2 Rivet Member

2006 16' International CCD
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Chicago , Illinois
We will bring a meatball lasagna for Saturday night, and a lemon bars (starts with an "L" and is layered ) as a dessert. What would you need for Friday night's dinner? A salad? Let me know! Dyanna
silverslppr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 07:20 AM   #43
3 Rivet Member

2002 34' Classic S/O
Currently Looking...
round lake , Illinois
SS just bring something easy for friday night, the emphasis is on more social, less fuss... salad would fit I am certain.
cale
let's play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 07:27 PM   #44
1 Rivet Member

1996 30' Limited
Windsor , Ontario
Hello Everyone,

Sorry about this, but we will have to postpone our meeting until another rally.

We are now unable to attend.

Mike and Carrie
MikeG82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 02:34 PM   #45
Rivet Master

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Davenport , Iowa
Mike and Carrie; we'll miss you, but there is always tomorrow. See you down the road.
As for the rest of you, see you sometime next week.

mike & dana
Old 05-07-2015, 06:42 PM   #46
Rivet Master

1972 25' Tradewind
Currently Looking...
McHenry County , Illinois
One More Week

Counting down the final week before our Spring Rally.
We're pretty much packed and just need a bit more Spring Cleaning in the Tradewind before we head out.
(Oops. Left some knockwurst from the Oktoberfest Rally in the covered drawer in the fridge.)

Mike and Carrie. Sorry to have missed you. Safe travels. Hope you can come down our way sometime.

If you're thinking of coming out the park is beginning to fill up. I checked the sites and the number of reserved sites have doubled over the last week. 2 more sites on the loop were filled. Airstreamers? There are a few reserved and and unreserved sites on top of the loop remaining.

Forecast looks pretty good with a slight chance of rain Friday night and Saturday morning. Temperatures will be perfect for camping.

So whip your layered, lasagna, or what have you dishes this week for next Saturdays Feast.

We'll see you all soon.

Tom and Sue

Tom Nugler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 09:27 AM   #47
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Oswego , Illinois
Revised weather forecast doesn't look very good this weekend, do not Oregon forecast but Rockford and most of area covered. If have canopys please bring as I think will be needed. Ganged together makes very nice shelter from rain, as some of have side curtains and also use small cheapy blue tarps [for sides] like harbor freight has or any place that have them
featherbedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 08:31 PM   #48
Rivet Master

1972 25' Tradewind
Currently Looking...
If You Don't Like The Weather......

If You Don't Like The Weather Wait A Few Hours. That's a well known fact in this part of the country.

Bill is right. When he looked on Monday the forecast sucked.
Today it reads; Friday 78 and Saturday 80 degrees with a 20% chance of rain. Sundays still iffy with 60% chance of thunderstorms.
No matter. This group knows how to deal with everything from snow to tornadoes.

See you all soon.
Tom

Old 05-13-2015, 05:57 AM   #49
3 Rivet Member

2002 34' Classic S/O
Currently Looking...
round lake , Illinois
Weather looks good! I am figuring on a dozen burgers and a dozen dog for Friday night, maybe a few more, sue is bringing corn on the cob, the polluter has the buns, Lauren has taco salad, slipper has reg salad, bill has chips. We are leaving Thursday after school. Mike, are you bringing bikes?
Old 05-13-2015, 07:04 AM   #50
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Oswego , Illinois
Just googled Oregon 7 day weather, once again dif. forecast, sucks again, chance of rain increased to 60% for Sat 80% Sun. from Toms post of 20% Sat. 60% Sun., but like Tom says wait couple of hours it will change. Hoping turns out nicer than forecast, but we will cope and enjoy get together, and like Tom says this group knows how to deal with any thing.
Old 05-13-2015, 02:38 PM   #51
3 Rivet Member

2002 34' Classic S/O
Currently Looking...
round lake , Illinois
stop looking and you won't know! LOL PS extra booze in order for the weekend.
Old 05-13-2015, 05:47 PM   #52
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Oswego , Illinois
Smile spring rally

Quote:
Originally Posted by let's play View Post
stop looking and you won't know! LOL PS extra booze in order for the weekend.
All ready and on board, Whiskey, lienenkugals, & limearita & strawberryarita, lots of firewood [more than before] Stoufers frozen lasagna, as Penny refuses to fix any thing for pot luck. The only thing I can do for dish at potluck. Have chips, white bd cake, ready to party and eat. PS. penny will be no show. Also has any one heard from Till? I sent pm about Mo. ago about some parts and doing olympic rivets for repair no response. Will leave around 10 am tomorrow.
Old 05-14-2015, 11:37 AM   #53
3 Rivet Member

2002 34' Classic S/O
Currently Looking...
round lake , Illinois
Movin' on out. Got a case of corn for sue, my layer desserts, lasagna, burgers and brats, trailer tours on saturday!!! Safe travels to all and see you there!
Old 05-15-2015, 01:08 PM   #54
Rivet Master

1972 25' Tradewind
Currently Looking...
Most of us got in yesterday afternoon.We were able to cook dinner over the fire before the rain.
The canopies are up and the sites are decorated.
Weather is looking excellent with the rain holding off until late Saturday night.

HEY! An airstream just pulled into the park. Gotta go.

Tom

Old 05-17-2015, 03:33 PM   #55
3 Rivet Member

1984 34.5' Airstream 345
Franklin Park , Illinois
Good time

Well as the newbie in the group I'd like to let you all know, Amy and I had a good time at the park and meeting and talking to all of you
Featherbedder that is a really good looking unit, and the cabinetry inside is awesome (great job)
I tried the toilet for the first time on Sunday and of course "something" is broke and squirts water everywhere when the flush leaver is pushed... I think that project may get pushed to the front of the "to do" list!
Grosspoluter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 07:40 AM   #56
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Oswego , Illinois
Smile Spring rally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grosspoluter View Post
Well as the newbie in the group I'd like to let you all know, Amy and I had a good time at the park and meeting and talking to all of you
Featherbedder that is a really good looking unit, and the cabinetry inside is awesome (great job)
I tried the toilet for the first time on Sunday and of course "something" is broke and squirts water everywhere when the flush leaver is pushed... I think that project may get pushed to the front of the "to do" list!
I don't mean to critisive. Cale is person with fab. cabs. etc. and good looking unit. I will not take credit for some else work.
Old 05-18-2015, 07:24 PM   #57
Rivet Master

1972 25' Tradewind
Currently Looking...
Hope everyone had a safe trip home.

Sundays ride bounced us around a bit with the gusty South winds whipping over the open fields.
From what I could see it looks like those that stayed another day dodged the rain.
Spent 4 hours today washing the “tree sap” off the trailer, awning, truck and cleaning up the rig a bit. Back to work tomorrow.

The Fall Rally will be the first or second weekend of October. We'll let everyone know when it's decided and I'll post it up to the Forum.
I'll do a Rally Recap in a few days.

If we don't see you before the Fall, have a good Summer and safe travels.
Tom and Sue

Old 05-18-2015, 10:40 PM   #58
Rivet Master

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Davenport , Iowa
We left about 2:30 on Sunday and made it as far as Thomson Il to the COE park. Thougth we would go for a bike ride, but NO. Wind off the river was blowing about 40 -50..Had difficulty even opening the camper door. Was very warm, but about 4 AM, reached for the heavy blankets.
There was a sign on the registration booth, ALL sites are reservable except for 5 and there was camp hosts on 2 of them and another reserved for MILITARY FAMILIES; this left 2 nonreservable sites. We checked on available sites and ALL reserved for next week end.
Except for the rain, we had a fulfilling rally; with food that is and friendship. Looking forward for the fall rally and R&R.
mike
Old 05-19-2015, 12:18 PM   #59
3 Rivet Member

2013 25' Flying Cloud
Chicago , Illinois
spring rally tree sap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Nugler View Post
Hope everyone had a safe trip home.

Sundays ride bounced us around a bit with the gusty South winds whipping over the open fields.
From what I could see it looks like those that stayed another day dodged the rain.
Spent 4 hours today washing the “tree sap” off the trailer, awning, truck and cleaning up the rig a bit. Back to work tomorrow.

The Fall Rally will be the first or second weekend of October. We'll let everyone know when it's decided and I'll post it up to the Forum.
I'll do a Rally Recap in a few days.

If we don't see you before the Fall, have a good Summer and safe travels.
Tom and Sue
Hey Tom,

Did you use anything special to clean off that tree sap?

wbcci 4174
air 38117
briboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 12:50 PM   #60
Rivet Master

1972 25' Tradewind
Currently Looking...
Simple Green cleaner mixed maybe 7 parts hot water to 1 part of the cleaner. Used my long handled brush and a microfiber mitt.
They (the interwebs) say hot water works best. Worked fine for me.

Tom