Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-10-2008, 06:15 PM   #61
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Okay,

We are in #45, and will be leaving here on that Thursday and arriving on Friday morning. We plan to poke along and enjoy the trip.

I just cannot wait to see sugarfoot and the rest of the gang.

What can we bring for pot luck?

Marie
Old 07-10-2008, 06:22 PM   #62
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
We have reservations...

But we'll stay there anyway...
Looks like we're next door to Tom and crew. Do we have to wear hats with round ears on 'em?
Old 07-10-2008, 06:36 PM   #63
Incorrigible

1976 Argosy 24
-- , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim & Susan View Post
Too cool! Where did you find that one, Tim?
Arizona. We brought it home last week. It's all stock and a real beast. 164" wheelbase . Dana 44 Front/Dana 60 rear. 3.73 gearing. NP205 Transfer Case. 392 ci engine. TF727 Transmission. The hitch receiver sits at 18" unloaded.

I've got long-term plans (5+ years) for this truck. Hydroboost conversion on the brake system. Convert the transmission to a 4- or 5-speed manual. It's big enough for a 2-speed rear, so I might get really ambitious. Also, potentially a powerplant swap over to a diesel engine to run biodiesel. Oh.. and fix the rust.

I just hope I don't get Aluminitis as bad as I've got Internationalitis. I might end up hungry all the time.

1976 24' Argosy
1973 International Harvester Travelette 1210 4x4 'Bernard' 164" WB
1997 Georgie Boy 30' SuperDuty v10
Ike T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 06:51 PM   #64
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike T
It's big enough for a 2-speed rear, so I might get really ambitious. Also, potentially a powerplant swap over to a diesel engine to run biodiesel. Oh.. and fix the rust.
Internationals of the period were known as "biodegradable trucks" because they rusted away while driving down the road. But I'm sure you already know that. Maybe you can get a Gear Vendors or US Gear overdrive for the truck.
Old 07-10-2008, 06:55 PM   #65
Rivet Master

1958 22' Flying Cloud
1956 30' Sovereign of the Road
1963 16' Bambi
Southeastern Area , Tennessee
WooHOO! Terry and Marie are coming! It will be so great to see you two again, and meet the royal princess herself, Sophie.
Old 07-10-2008, 07:20 PM   #66
Rivets?

1992 29' Excella
2010 22' Interstate
Van By The River , Georgia
Pasco County, Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd90mac View Post

Terry and I ...

Marie
Hello down there in Pasco County! I grew up in San Antonio (Florida for those of you who are wondering) so I know about Wesley Chapel and its environs. How long have you lived there? Tell me all about the local happenings. Are you going to the Rattlesnake Festival?

Danielle and I have not reserved our spot for this rally yet - still on the fence about whether we can pull it off that weekend. However, with Empresley's suggestion for Sweetwater Road Trip and the temptation of barbecue how can we resist.

Lucius
2018 GMC Sierra K1500 SLT, 6.2L, Max Trailering
Got a cooped-up feeling, gotta get out of town, got those Airstream campin' blues...
nvestysly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 07:58 PM   #67
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvestysly
Are you going to the Rattlesnake Festival?

Funny you should ask... I had enough of rattlesnake festivals and hunts when I was growing up in the wilderness of Northern Pennsylvania. The Morris Rattlesnake hunt was an annual event. I found a snake in my office one morning a couple of months ago, and when I showed it to the service manager, he ran out the door, screaming like a girl.... My hero... Maybe because I was holding it up for him to see, do you think?
As for local happenings, the area is growing pretty fast, and some things should be growing faster than they have, such as roads. They are building a new mall/shopping center near the Interstate, where SR54 curves back West from South from Wesley Chapel. There is also a new very large shopping center just North of SR54 along the West side of I-75. In one 1/2 mile section of SR54, there is a new Ford dealer, Kia dealer, Nissan dealer, Toyota dealer, Honda dealer, Hyundai dealer, Honda motorcycle dealer, and Mazda dealer. All have been built since 2005.

The monastery is still on SR52, as well as Marathon Coach (the people that build the 4 million dollar Prevost bus RV conversions). Stuckey's has followed the tradition of virtually all the other ones in the country, and has closed and been torn down. There is a new, huge high school being built on Old Pasco Road, I can hardly wait for the traffic jams from that. Dade City is getting some urban renewal, the citrus plant is being rehabbed for other uses. Zephyrhills is going through growing pains like everywhere else around here, and our local economy has been hit pretty hard by the housing crash. If there's anything in particular you want to know about, let me know, and I can fill you in.
Old 07-10-2008, 09:07 PM   #68
Rivet Master

Hampton , New Hampshire
Summer Thong Thang

Jeez, I was thrilled when a second AS signed up to join us at (what I can't avoid is) the Summer Thong Thang. Now, it appears this event has resonated with more than a few of you. Can I suggest professional counseling for you all?

None the less, despite your own picadillos, and against legal counsel, this is shaping up to be quite a fun event. We might actually want to reserve the pavillion - just so we don't annoy the fish.

Please send large envelopes of non-sequential, unmarked, small bills to my immediate attention and I will reserve the space. Since we will not have a lot of raffle items for this event, please bring your trade-able and custom designed thongs - you know, "I wrestled with Martin at the 2008 Thong Thang" collectibles. Use your imagination - like I need to give this group coaching on this subject.
2019 Airstream Classic 30RBT, 2021 Ford F350 King Ranch 4X4 w/6.7L Diesel, Hensley, ACI #1313

travelwiththeslowskys.com
nilesrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 04:57 AM   #69
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Brad,

Terry and I will chip in towards the rental of the pavillion. Also, we have a secret source of all things flamingo, so we will bring a surprise for the raffle. Put us down for pasta salad, mudslides and a desert.

Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait!

Marie
Old 07-11-2008, 08:19 AM   #70
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63 View Post
Looks like we're next door to Tom and crew. Do we have to wear hats with round ears on 'em?
Welcome to the 'hood! Mouse ears are optional!

Brad, put us down for a donation on the pavilion also. Looking forward to some of Martin's 'Que. We'll bring a desert. Probably of the Key Lime persuasion.
WBCCI# 4821
https://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 04:38 PM   #71
Incorrigible

1976 Argosy 24
-- , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by nilesrob View Post
Since we will not have a lot of raffle items for this event, please bring your trade-able and custom designed thongs.
I give you this. However, the better half of us keeps reminding me "kids will be present", so think before you link.

We will make a donation to the pavillion fund. I have a line on some delicious Mango pie for desert as well.

1976 24' Argosy
1973 International Harvester Travelette 1210 4x4 'Bernard' 164" WB
1997 Georgie Boy 30' SuperDuty v10
Ike T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 04:48 PM   #72
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike T View Post
I give you this. However, the better half of us keeps reminding me "kids will be present", so think before you link.

We will make a donation to the pavillion fund. I have a line on some delicious Mango pie for desert as well.
Does anyone know how many kids will be there? I have a neat idea for them for desert. I don't have grandkids yet, so I spoil everbody else's kids.

Marie
Old 07-14-2008, 05:09 PM   #73
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
I have an idea on how to finance our travel expenses (read gas bill): I'll collect a donation from everybody that doesn't want to see me in a thong. I figure we'll be able to travel to California with the proceeds...
Old 07-14-2008, 07:57 PM   #74
Rivet Master

Hampton , New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd90mac View Post
Does anyone know how many kids will be there? I have a neat idea for them for desert. I don't have grandkids yet, so I spoil everbody else's kids.

Marie
Our kids won't be seen with us anymore (go figure), so we probably won't have kids with us.
2019 Airstream Classic 30RBT, 2021 Ford F350 King Ranch 4X4 w/6.7L Diesel, Hensley, ACI #1313

travelwiththeslowskys.com
nilesrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 03:03 PM   #75
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
We'll have our 11 year old and 8 year old...both boys. Oh ye'ah, we'll have our youngest "boy" with us too.

He'll be three by then.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sulley at Falluminum 07.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	63679  
WBCCI# 4821
https://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 04:20 PM   #76
LookingThroughALens

1976 Argosy 24
Marietta , Georgia
We'll have some of our children with us...Buddy, Dusty, Ivy and Tabby. (3 dogs & 1 cat)
aturner4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 08:54 AM   #77
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
I requested, and was granted, time off for the rally. We will be leaving arounf 1 PM Thursday, traveling North until we get tired. We'll probably get there late Friday morning, and if the site is clear, we can set up then.
Old 07-16-2008, 11:03 AM   #78
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
been waiting for my music schedule to see if we could attend, but I am obligated for that weekend. Sorry to miss it.
AIR #005
Please visit our blogs and web pages:
OUR AIRSTREAM PASSION! BLOG
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
retired!
ALANSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 11:34 AM   #79
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALANSD
been waiting for my music schedule to see if we could attend, but I am obligated for that weekend. Sorry to miss it.
We were hoping you could make it, maybe we can call you Friday evening, and hear the concert via speakerphone.
Old 07-17-2008, 08:44 AM   #80
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
We will see how things go, maybe we can come for Saturday night, getting there in the afternoon.
AIR #005
Please visit our blogs and web pages:
OUR AIRSTREAM PASSION! BLOG
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
retired!
ALANSD is offline   Reply With Quote