Old 12-02-2008, 07:08 AM   #29
2 Rivet Member

2004 30' Classic
Pattison , Texas
Talking Friday Night Feast

Mary and I are more than willing to be the hot dog cookers! Mike and I expect to get there early so I think us early birds can get the sausage dogs (for people who don't eat hot dogs---you know who you are DENNIS ) and regular hot dogs for those of us who love um! We have enough between us for all to get their fill. Kay baked beans or pintos either would be a wonderful addition. So my vote is camp side dining !!!! CU Guys, Lora

Maybe someone would like to do chips and dips???

Old 12-02-2008, 05:31 PM   #30
2 Rivet Member

1992 29' Excella
DFW , Texas
We'll volunteer for Chips and Dips. Expected ETA is late afternoon and I suspect we won't have time to burn anything in time for group dining. :-)

Old 12-02-2008, 06:19 PM   #31
2 Rivet Member

2004 30' Classic
Pattison , Texas
Red face Friday Supper

Thanks for chip and dip volunteer. Sounds like Friday nights wienie roast may be ALMOST as good as the pot luck! Just teasing, goodness knows Julia Child couldn't beat our potlucks!!!!!! Can't wait to see what everybody brings. YUM
Old 12-03-2008, 06:29 AM   #32
3 Rivet Member

1970 25' Tradewind
San Antonio , Texas
We will volunteer to bring a green salad. See ya'll soon.
Victoria & Joseph
Old 12-04-2008, 06:47 AM   #33
Eharv

2007 25' Safari SS SE
Austin , Texas
We'll bring an Amaretto Cake for the Friday night's hot dog supper.
Harvey & Gail
Old 12-04-2008, 07:53 AM   #34
2 Rivet Member

2004 30' Classic
Pattison , Texas
Thanks

Thanks for the salad and the cake. You guys are making me hungry already.......
Old 12-04-2008, 05:00 PM   #35
2 Rivet Member

We're in - ........

I've made the reservations (weeks ago) and reminded Karen of the date at least twice. We didn't get out much this year so this will be good. I called the park and if the winds are under 5 MPH we will be allowed a fire. Those from outside the area may not know that the central Texas area is very dry this year. We'll bring a good supply of firewood and hope to get to use it. See everyone next weekend. If a particular dish is needed for the potluck (or type of dish) send us a note and I'll go read a cookbook.
Old 12-05-2008, 01:31 PM   #36
J&C
4 Rivet Member

2002 31' Classic
Hillsboro , Texas
Happy Holidays

I know eveyone is will have a great time and hate the fact we cannot attend! Sapphire was looking forward to telling Laura how hungry she is! Cindy & Peter, if we can find away to be there even for a day, we'll come. Dennis & Mary, thanks for organizing the event and I will miss your chili-stew (good wine too). Jim, we will miss the Beer but I still keep my tooties warm with the foot/warmer/massager I won at the gift exchange, I won't be regifting that! Kay, keep em fattend up, I still think about the Bananna Puddin!
Kevin & Prim, have a safe and great trip to California in that new King Ranch!

Merry Christmas to All,

JOHN & CHARLES
Old 12-06-2008, 12:17 PM   #37
3 Rivet Member

2008 27' International FB
Shoreacres , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikenLora View Post
Thanks for the salad and the cake. You guys are making me hungry already.......
Connie and I will be there between 4 and 6pm. What can we bring for the Friday nite get together?

I also have and will bring firewood.

Johnny & Connie
Old 12-08-2008, 10:35 AM   #38
Rivet Master

1978 31' Sovereign
Texas Airstream Harbor , Zavalla, in the Deep East Texas Piney Woods on Lake Sam Rayburn
Rules - Gift and Re-Gift Exchange Policy

OK, some of the mamby-pamby whinney-a**ed Blanco Goers want a change in the gift exchange rules -

Here are the proposed new rules to be discussed:

Gifts can be any amount of purchase dollars from rolls of duct tape or electrical tape on up to buyers disgression (at least make the tape Gorilla or 3M Premium).

All gifts should be wrapped. One person will select a number from Peter's hat to determine the order in which the camper gets to select a gift. Number 1 goes first and gets to select and unwrap a gift. Everyone oohs and aahs or mentally thinks, “Boy, I’m glad I didn’t select that.”

Number 2 then selects. But may take Number 1’s gift or may select a gift from the pile. If Number 1’s gift is stolen, Number 1 gets to select again from the pile. After Number 1 has selected a new gift, Number 3 gets to select.

Once again, Number 3 may select any opened or unopened gift. Each time a gift is taken away from someone, that person gets to select again.

The camper may select any gift except the one that was just taken away in the immediate previous steal causing a re-choose. The camper may, however, have the opportunity to select it again later.

Some gifts are occasionally more popular and may get stolen several times. The fourth PERSON to possess the gift gets to keep it permanently. If Number 1's gift is stolen by #2, and #1 steals it back later, #1 is still only the Second Person to possess the gift.

No more swiping the gift after the 4th INDIVIDUAL owns it.

The gift is then frozen.

The only gifts "untradeable" are those that are frozen.

If there are more gifts than campers the game goes on until all gifts are given out...at the end of the game, Number 1 gets to trade for someone else’s gift, but does not necessarily have to.

Don’t be afraid to swipe a gift from someone.

The more takeaways and turnovers there are, the more fun the game seems to be. Some of the best times have been when a particular gift gets swiped several times. There are always lots of laughs and sometimes gifts get swiped just for the fun of it.

Some of the most popular gifts are anything flamingo for the ladies, and tools and electrical tape for the men.

Please bring only one gift per couple - the arguements between couples as per flamingo or tool selection for the steal must be argued in public around the campfire - these public arguments bring out the "best" in couples.

Changes for the new rules will be "voted on" after the Saturday Pot-Luck and prior to the start of the drawing.

I still have the bullet hole decals from several years past ready for re-gifting.

"Suck it up, spend the bucks, do it right the first time."

WBCCI # 1113
AirForums #1737

Trailer '78 31' Sovereign

Living Large at an Airstream Park on the Largest Lake Totally Contained in Texas
Texas Airstream Harbor, Inc.
87MH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 10:18 PM   #39
3 Rivet Member

1984 31' Limited
1983 31' Airstream310
Austin , Texas
Wink RULES> why didn't you write it down last year.......

oh Dennis did you just want to see if I was awake, who's Fake Rules are these? Some cry Babies from the New School of Fairness? Dennis, Dennis ,Dennis, You can steal anything you want and you can steal it as many times as you want and the 4th time of the last or when #1 goes again, that Flamingo Lamp is going,going GONE, so get to the mall early so you can tell Santa, what you Really Really want this year! Or if you're luckey the Salvation Army will have another one of those Flamigo Lamps this year!
Ohhh you bring out the bad kid in me, no wonder I used to get coal in my stocking! By the way, this game has nothing what so ever to do with the Spirit of giving, it's ALL about the Spirit of Getting, and who to say what Spirit is Better! oh and by the way those chicken I stole last year are haunted, ghost chickens and I intend to bring them back this year so watch out!!!
Old 12-09-2008, 07:10 AM   #40
2 Rivet Member

2004 30' Classic
Pattison , Texas
Ghost Chickens

I ain't scared!!!!!!!!! Yep Dennis don't mess with the rules here I'm with Cindi . And don't say not to bring more that one gift. We spend so little it's nice to have someone have a second shot at this treasure!!!!! I mean I REALLY TRIED for those chickens last year. I will bring my A game this time and fully expect to go home a chicken winner!!!!!

CU guys this weekend. Lora
Old 12-09-2008, 07:18 AM   #41
Rivet Master

1978 31' Sovereign
Texas Airstream Harbor , Zavalla, in the Deep East Texas Piney Woods on Lake Sam Rayburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatStream View Post
.... Dennis, Dennis ,Dennis, You can steal anything you want and you can steal it as many times as you want and the 4th time of the last or when #1 goes again, that Flamingo Lamp is going,going GONE, so get to the mall early so you can tell Santa, what you Really Really want this year!....those chickens I stole last year are haunted, ghost chickens and I intend to bring them back this year so watch out!!!
My only hope is that there will be sufficient Coffee Beer to dull the attacks of Bad Santas, Ghost Chickens, Flying Pink Flamingo Lamps, and any Airstreamer whose Feathers I may have ruffled with the rule change proposal. Remember, the proposed rule changes may be shouted down, or, alternatively, heartily embraced in an effort to liven up the post dark pre-Christmas fire side smack speak stealing match that I believe will ensue with the “Four Steals and It’s Frozen” Rule.

I may only suggest that it is not too late to start to work out to minimize grab time, enhance quarterback sneak tactics, and develop a running technique so that a couple working as a team may easily outdistance anyone in pursuit of a stolen FlamingoEsque Chicken.

For the more sane and practical in the group, I hope that every one who wishes is endowed with a lifetime supply of electrical tape, or, at least one weeks worth of some sort of an enhancement drug…

Obviously, the "bring only one gift per couple" will not fly since I know for a fact that not many of the Flightly Females of the group pay any attention at all to ANY suggestions made by a Sensible Male...or am I being redundant?

Smilin’ Bob sez….Let the Airstreams Rock and Roll!!!
Attached Images

"Suck it up, spend the bucks, do it right the first time."

WBCCI # 1113
AirForums #1737

Trailer '78 31' Sovereign

Living Large at an Airstream Park on the Largest Lake Totally Contained in Texas
Texas Airstream Harbor, Inc.
87MH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 04:20 PM   #42
3 Rivet Member

2008 27' International FB
Shoreacres , Texas
Okay, got no response on what else for Friday nite, so we are bringing a relish salad.

I am beginning to understand the mindset of you people when it comes to gift exchange........ and I love it! Fair warning though, when our family does this every year, I am known as a master thief and manipulator, so, ladies hang on to you pink flamingos, and men, keep an eye on those enhancement drugs because I have been known to steal a gift just to try and start an argument or invoke a tear!!!

Johnny