Old 11-02-2008, 06:32 PM   #15
Rivet Master

1978 31' Sovereign
Texas Airstream Harbor , Zavalla, in the Deep East Texas Piney Woods on Lake Sam Rayburn
Small Park -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen Disarray View Post
Its looking good for me to attend this one. Should I pick a site in a particular area of the park are the rally goers all over?
Blanco is a really small park - the ranger at the check instation will know where some other AS's will be parked.

Usually, if they are not too bust, they will let you drive or walk in and pick out your spot from those available.

But...did I mention that this is a really small park??

It's less than a three minute walk from the west side to the east side....we all usually meet some where in the middle.

"Suck it up, spend the bucks, do it right the first time."

WBCCI # 1113
AirForums #1737

Trailer '78 31' Sovereign

Living Large at an Airstream Park on the Largest Lake Totally Contained in Texas
Texas Airstream Harbor, Inc.
87MH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 07:44 AM   #16
2 Rivet Member

2004 30' Classic
Pattison , Texas
Think Pink

Hi guys,

Have forgotten to post out attendance. Mike and I will be attending as well as The Goodwin's from Dallas. Looking forward to the rally, we always have such fun. I have my gifts wrapped and ready "Think Pink" who would have ever guessed that certain types of pink bird stuff would be so readily available....... Look forward to seeing old friends and making new ones. Lora

Old 11-16-2008, 03:16 PM   #17
J&C
4 Rivet Member

2002 31' Classic
Hillsboro , Texas
Unhappy Oh no!

Due to a schedule conflict, it is with great sadness that Charles and I will not be able to attend the 6th annual Christmas rally at Blanco. Sapphire was looking forward to tell Laura that she has not had food since last year!

We will be thinking about all you, the fun, events we will miss will. I look forward to seeing pictures.
Old 11-16-2008, 07:24 PM   #18
3 Rivet Member

1983 30' Airstream 300
Plantersville , Texas
Sorry to hear that John and Charles won't be able to make it this year. I have my reservation and plan to see you all this year. I will eat your share of the nanner puddin John. I enjoyed last year so very much. I will probably bring my daughter and my friend this time. We all went to the Balloon Fiesta in Albuquerque in Oct. They had so much fun that I may never be able to go alone again. I already have my gift ready. and yes, THINK PINK. See ya in Dec.

Kay
Old 11-20-2008, 05:37 PM   #19
2 Rivet Member

2000 31' Land Yacht
Kerrville , Texas
We'll be there!

We've been looking forward to the Blanco rally for a long time. Is the Real Ale brewery tour on for Friday? Jim, are you out there? We missed the tour last year; hope we can get there early Friday.
Texas Hill Country
Santart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 07:12 PM   #20
2 Rivet Member

1973 31' Sovereign
Austin , Texas
We just made reservations. This will be our first rally to attend with the Airstream in tow. We drove down to the Lake Conroe event but work schedules kept us from being able to camp. We are so much looking forward to it.
Thanks
Andy Oliver
Old 11-22-2008, 11:56 AM   #21
Naysayer

1968 24' Tradewind
Louisville , earth
Send a message via Yahoo to Boondocker
Not looking good

Apparently, a meeting has been scheduled for the 16th which I can not afford to miss. That will delay my getting out of town until the after the rally. I have weak hopes that the meeting will be rescheduled but thats about it.

Visit my photography page
and the
Favorite camp grounds project map
My Blog

(The artist formerly known as General Disarray)

Boondocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 11:32 PM   #22
3 Rivet Member

1984 31' Limited
1983 31' Airstream310
Austin , Texas
Thumbs up Blanco Christmas Party

I am dusting off the Chickens and the White Elephants and the Christmas decorations for our annual good time in the City that makes Coffee Beer, Hey where's Jim we'll be needing a Keg! Also I have and extra camping space reserved, Peter and I will be down on Friday. I reserved 2 different kinds of sites w/ and w/o sewer, so that I can get a site that the Internet works on so you know who can kill those Dragons and what not, while we see how much coffee beer we can drink in a night .Does
Jim or anyone else want that site? Let me know. It will be there , unless some Germans in a VW show up and want to go camping with us or something like that.
Can't wait to see all Ya'll again, so glad the gas is finally cheap again even if we now don't have any money to buy it with now , hey
... and I thought we were going to have a gourmet cook off on Friday night so that we ddin't have to hunt down and kill any more waitors?????
Old 11-24-2008, 11:39 PM   #23
3 Rivet Member

1984 31' Limited
1983 31' Airstream310
Austin , Texas
John and Charles

....and I am keeping my fingers crossed that somehow you 2 make it to the rally!
Old 11-30-2008, 07:09 PM   #24
3 Rivet Member

1970 25' Tradewind
San Antonio , Texas
Smile Blanco Christmas Rally

Count on two more for the Blanco Christmas Rally-have made our reservations. This will be our first "forums" venture & we are looking forward to being with other streamers. We have camped at Blanco SP & it is a great park. (Just a side note--the rangers tend to be on the alert to any alcohol in view & have pointed that out to us in the past!)
Victoria & Joseph
2006 30' Classic
w/Hensley
2004 Silverado
Old 11-30-2008, 07:46 PM   #25
3 Rivet Member

1984 31' Limited
1983 31' Airstream310
Austin , Texas
Rangers

... yes the Ranger are on the look out for beer
so
DON"T ANY ONE INVITE THEN TO DINNER again OK!!!
It's not that we don't want them
it's just that we don't want them besides
that's coffee in my cup
... and I was wondering if we go to a restaurant for dinner can we go to the one with the bowling alley? I always wanted to go there... anyone ever been?
Old 11-30-2008, 07:56 PM   #26
GStephens

1982 31' Limited
1953 25' Cruiser
Hamilton , Texas
The restaurant with the bowling alley is called the Blanco Bowling Club. I've ate there many times. It has really good greasy spoon type of food. There is at least one other restaurant in town whose name escapes me. It also has great food, but a little higher up the price scale. You all have a great time. Hopefully one of these years we won't have any conflicts with our schedules and will be able to join you.
GStephens
Old 12-01-2008, 07:39 AM   #27
Rivet Master

1978 31' Sovereign
Texas Airstream Harbor , Zavalla, in the Deep East Texas Piney Woods on Lake Sam Rayburn
Gourmet cook-off or Bowling Alley Greasy Spoon?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatStream View Post
... and I thought we were going to have a gourmet cook off on Friday night so that we ddin't have to hunt down and kill any more waitors?????
My memory is getting as short as my...never mind.

Either one would be a kick - as long as a certain waiter has not made the move to the "local" establishment - I don't think that is likely.

I do remember that the Bowling Alley has a killer Coconut Creme and Lemon Merangue Pie.

It might be a bit inconvenient for most of the group to be there early enough to prepare dinner while still daylight on Friday....Mary and I will be there noonish on Friday, so a Friday "Gourmet" get-together would be great....the Brewery is not offering evening tours anymore, so there would not be a timing conflict (such as, "hurry up or we'll miss the free beer").

I guess I am leaning towards the "Gourmet" get together - if the weather is not agreeable we could always alert the Greasy Bowling Alley that a group is about to descend on them...I called the Bowling Alley and they said they are open until 9:00PM on the 12th. They also said that a group of 12 to 20 people would not be a problem as long as we give them a bit of a notice to prepare.

What say you Airstreamers - Camp Flamingo Gourmet or Bowling Alley Greasy Spoon???

Options on the Camp Meal:
  1. Hot Dogs
  2. Bring and Share Sausages
  3. Hamburgers
  4. VERY informal Pot Luck
  5. Chili
  6. Hobo Stew
  7. ......Open for Suggestions

"Suck it up, spend the bucks, do it right the first time."

WBCCI # 1113
AirForums #1737

Trailer '78 31' Sovereign

Living Large at an Airstream Park on the Largest Lake Totally Contained in Texas
Texas Airstream Harbor, Inc.
87MH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 11:49 AM   #28
3 Rivet Member

1983 30' Airstream 300
Plantersville , Texas
Any of the above sound great. I would prefer to eat at campsite and visit. i could bring a pot of baked beans or pinto beans. either would go well with sausage or hot dogs. anything that would allow late arrivals to eat when the get settled. I hated the long wait and sloppy service last year.

Kay