Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-15-2008, 10:10 AM   #201
2 Rivet Member

1968 26' Overlander
Fenton , Missouri
Steve,
I'm going to bring pumpkin pasta, even though it sounds like fall.
Have a good time this weekend.
Old 08-15-2008, 08:08 PM   #202
Stray

1987 32' Excella
1978 28' Argosy 28
Springfield , Missouri
Steve,
Although I was camping just last weekend, and will be camping for the next two weeks out of three, I am jealous of your Michigan trip. I wish you safe travels and look forward to seeing you next weekend. Our little group will probably arrive late Thursday night. Cole slaw for us on Friday night and a pie (all I could get out of her was she's bringing a pie but is not going to compete with this "food channel" bunch.
Old 08-16-2008, 01:44 PM   #203
1 Rivet Member

2008 30' Classic
Springfield , Missouri
Steve,
We look forward to the rally. Linda will be bringing corn salad on Friday night and lemon squares on Saturday. Everyone have a safe journey.

Old 08-18-2008, 07:23 PM   #204
Rivet Master

We are going to drop in for the day or even an overnight (tents) Saturday...w/out the AS : ( Jake has soccer game at 9 & Laura has to work until 1p.

Saw Jack picking up his AS Sunday and heading Route 66/44 for home. Now that Jack owns a cycle, perhaps we can finally show Easy Rider at the AS movies.

See ya Saturday.
zamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 07:44 PM   #205
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Hello From Michigan.....

The Detroit rally was really nice with alot of kids there. I am able to leach Wi-fi off the town library here in the "Village" of Pentwater, MI, and the temps have been mild here. There is a 2001 32 foot excella, a 2006 23' Safari, and a 78 Avion here at the state park (No forum members).

Nice to see that we picked up Zamboni and family(I am sure Collin will be super excited to see Jacob again).

See you all in a few days!

Steve
Old 08-20-2008, 06:40 AM   #206
Rivet Master

1976 Argosy 24
Joplin , Missouri
It's raining!

Here it is August, and it's raining! With rain forecast for the Meramec area all week. Even tho we need the rain, and I love it raining at home while we're gone. Let's hope it doesn't rain ALL the time but I am sure we will have a good time anyway. Anybody got any good indoor games? We are leaving about noon, and will be there this early evening. Is anybody else coming today?

"To know is nothing at all. To imagine, is everything." --Albert Einstein

https://chaosinature.blogspot.com/
Isadora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 09:05 AM   #207
Rivet Master

2016 30' Classic
Trenton , Illinois
Carnivorous Consuption

So what's going on with the meat for the potluck? Is everybody bringing their own or are there a few people bringing meat as their contribution to the potluck?

I had voluteered to stop at the meat market and pick up some stuff and I'm doing that on the way home from work today. What am I buying? Ribs? Pork butt roast? Beef steaks? Pork steaks? Roasting chicken? Help me out here.

Steve
Old 08-20-2008, 09:37 AM   #208
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
ozark , Missouri
I I I I I...don't know what to say Steve....This is our 1st Rally. We will gladly pay you for our share. I would think what ever you want would be fantastic and we thank you for picking up the meat for the Rally...Really! See you there!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinLoaf View Post
So what's going on with the meat for the potluck? Is everybody bringing their own or are there a few people bringing meat as their contribution to the potluck?

I had voluteered to stop at the meat market and pick up some stuff and I'm doing that on the way home from work today. What am I buying? Ribs? Pork butt roast? Beef steaks? Pork steaks? Roasting chicken? Help me out here.

Steve
76sovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 10:21 AM   #209
Rivet Master

1974 29' Ambassador
1966 20' Globetrotter
Southern , Illinois
Ribs for Soldiermedic's smoker ....

Quote:

Steve
Hi Steve, we may have pork ribs covered. We are bringing six racks of pork ribs for Soldiermedic's smoker and to share. We have baked beans for the potluck dinner.

We plan to arrive at Meramec late afternoon on Thursday and will stay till Monday morning.

Soldiermedic will likely post an update later this afternoon or evening. Right now he and family are in Illinois enroute from Michigan to Missouri trying to circumvent road construction.

Safe travels to all and see you soon.

Laird and Nancy
maccamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 04:21 PM   #210
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Finally home and ready to post.

We got in around 3:30 PM and took some time to unload a few things, and wash the bugs off the Airstream and truck. I believe Isadora and CJ are going to be camping tonight at Meremec.

As for the rain....I am sitting outside in the trailer now, and it is barely drizzling. I would hate it to rain all weekend, especially with no indoor meeting place. That may drop Zamboni and family from the gathering if they are tent camping, but who would blame em .

I purchased a 5-Pole flag holder from Rob Baker in Michigan, and will go hunting tonight for parts to put it on. There is a 3-Pole holder as a prize for the most decked out Patriotic trailer/rally goers.

Steve/Loaf....sorry I didn't get your message. You could have called me ya know! You can bring anything you want. If you bring a couple of chickens or a thawed turkey, I will bring my bird briner to make it awesome. You could also get a boston butt, beef ribs (YUM), or anything you like (Sausage, etc) The smoker will be blasting on Thursday. Call me if you need to.

Steve
Old 08-20-2008, 04:52 PM   #211
Rivet Master

2016 30' Classic
Trenton , Illinois
I bought a 10 pound pork butt that I was planning to hickory smoke all day on Friday with my inline gas smoker unless you have your big honker going on Friday.

I also have two roasting chickens and buns for the pork butt. And the fruit salad.

I'll be heading to the park right after work on Thursday so you should expect me around 5:00.

Who's going to stop at a roadside vegetable stand and get us some good sweet corn?

Steve
Old 08-20-2008, 06:18 PM   #212
Rivet Master

1974 29' Ambassador
1966 20' Globetrotter
Southern , Illinois
Wow!

Quote:
I bought a 10 pound pork butt that I was planning to hickory smoke all day on Friday with my inline gas smoker unless you have your big honker going on Friday.

I also have two roasting chickens and buns for the pork butt. And the fruit salad.

I'll be heading to the park right after work on Thursday so you should expect me around 5:00.

Who's going to stop at a roadside vegetable stand and get us some good sweet corn?

Steve
Oh, wow! Sounds great!

Nancy Mac
maccamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 07:03 PM   #213
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Steve,

We can do this a few ways. We can cook everything on Friday and have leftovers on Friday (Hopefully), or we can smoke both days. I would hate for you to lug extra gear if you don't have to, so you can decide. There should be plenty of room on the "HONKER".

For some reason, neither Schnucks' market or Walmart carry sterno or steam table pans. I am going to look at Dierberdgs tomorrow on the way down.

Steve
Old 08-20-2008, 07:14 PM   #214
Rivet Master

Steve, do you need any charcoal or wood for the smoker? let me know.

FYI...for those who haven't been to Meramec SP, there is a cave right next to the campground that offers tours, not ADA accessible though.
Old 08-20-2008, 07:36 PM   #215
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Zambo,

Funny you should ask. I was just telling Amy we need to go and buy a bunch of wood for the smoker. If you have some, it would be most excellent. Let me know what you can bring and I will purchase off that.

Thanks!!!

Steve
Old 08-20-2008, 08:02 PM   #216
Rivet Master

I know I've got some oak and crabapple. Let me check the pile at work; probably elm, sycamore, sweetgum, silver maple...not good for cooking though.
I can make a few calls to see if I can round up some hickory.
Old 08-20-2008, 08:16 PM   #217
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
As long as it is not a soft wood, and it is well cured we should be okay.

Hickory would be great since I have a small stock of that which I will use. I plan to take the Airstream down to the park in the morning, and return to get the smoker, so if I don't hear something before I take the smoker back down I will pick up more hickory.

Steve
Old 08-20-2008, 08:56 PM   #218
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Smile Wish we could be there!

Hey Steve, Amy, and Colin,
Have a great time at the rally, it was fun to meet you all!!
Regards from your Michigan pals!
Old 08-21-2008, 04:15 AM   #219
Rivet Master

Steve, upon re-read I see you'll be smokin' Thursday - Friday. I wouldn't be able to bring anything down till afternoon on Friday at the earliest.
We were planing to stop by on Saturday for a visit & tour of the cave, maybe shack down for the night if weather is nice.
Old 08-21-2008, 07:27 AM   #220
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Zambo,

I won't be smoking until Friday. I just planned on bringing the smoker down on Thursday. I plan to start cooking around noon.

Steve

Tags
float, missouri, rally, summer, trip