Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-09-2008, 05:55 AM   #101
4 Rivet Member

1969 31' Sovereign
1951 21' Flying Cloud
Alex , Oklahoma
We are getting all excited about the up coming rally. James took the A/S to the RV place in Chickasha, OK to have the AC checked. There must be a leak as we had freon put in last year. There is one of the drums that got hot the last time out and we have to have some new belly skin cut and crimped to fit the back under the black tank. All of James's fancy pex work has water going from front to back without a leak. Thank God. Haven't been able to test the new hotwater tank as he has the thermostat pulled out of the oven. It has been sent off somewhere to see if it can be repaired. If not that means a new oven, which may have to wait till next year. He is going to put a shut off valve on the oven so he can turn the gas off to it. This way he can test the hotwater tank. The frig works great on elect never checked it on propane and we have never fired up the heater. Hope we won't need the heater in Sept. HEE HEE The guy at the RV place went out and looked in our A/S and said it was the best he has seen in our area and any A/S he has worked on. It is in better shape than the any 69 he has seen. "I hope so with all the work we have done". "I just wish the oven worked I wanted to bake cookies at the Rally".
1951 Flying Cloud SS#7062
AIR #18751
CJ of Okla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 07:31 AM   #102
Rivet Master

1976 Argosy 24
Joplin , Missouri
Cookies? I'll volunteer the use of my oven!

"To know is nothing at all. To imagine, is everything." --Albert Einstein

https://chaosinature.blogspot.com/
Isadora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 10:46 AM   #103
4 Rivet Member

1969 31' Sovereign
1951 21' Flying Cloud
Alex , Oklahoma
Jim and Sandy thanks for offering your oven to bake some cookies.

James just called and the thermostat is in. ONLY cost $106.00 to have it rebuilt or what ever they do for 39 year old thermostats. Now my coppertone oven can go for another 39 years.
AIR #18751
Old 07-09-2008, 10:59 AM   #104
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
CJ,

It may be hot enough in August to just set the batter out on top of your trailer to bake them

If not, other like Jim and Sandy have ovens, or there are those kool little stove/oven combos at walmart/cabelas that run off of propane for cheap $$.

Steve
Old 07-09-2008, 01:35 PM   #105
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Hey All,

I just wanted to see if there was much interest for a float trip on Saturday of this rally. Reservations are required for groups of 10 or more. The float is 5 miles, and is expected to go from 3-5 hours depending on the speed of canoes or rafts.

Rates:

Canoe for two people $35.00
Canoe for three people $40.00
Raft for six people $120.00
Raft for eight People $160.00

My folks are going to come down on Saturday foe the float and the evening festivities. Anyone else interested please let me know so I can begin to get numbers in my head.

On Edit: I just called the state park for more information regarding the site availability. Currently, there are the following sites that offer electric service in Section 2 (21-25, 31, 33, 39, 42, 44-47, and 49-52). Another bonus is that if you have additional people who would dare brave this trip in a tent, they can camp for free on your RV area as long as the total number of people doesn't exceed six souls. Get those reservations in....we're gonna have a blast.

Steve
Old 07-14-2008, 06:01 AM   #106
4 Rivet Member

1969 31' Sovereign
1951 21' Flying Cloud
Alex , Oklahoma
FYI, Rebuilt thermostat for the oven is installed. Did some baking and it is about 25 degrees to hot. James is going to try and tweek it. The air conditioner has new freon and putting out 60 degree air. Sunday worked on finishing up the curtains. James tried to light the new hotwater tank and the pilot light keeps going out. He is talking about taking it back to the RV place to see what is wrong. We still have little things to do to finish up the trailer a rivet here and rivet there.

Spent the evening at Childrens hospital in Oklahoma City, OK as one of our twin grandsons (Gavin) got attached by a great dane. One arm has punctures and a 1" slice. The right arm has about a 4" cut almost to the bone. They were planned to sew this one up, they kept him over night, Devin spent the night with us. Doctors don't feel there is any nerve or muscle damage. We will know more in the weeks to come.
AIR #18751
Old 07-14-2008, 09:23 PM   #107
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
CJ,

Sorry to hear about this. Hope he pulls through without anything.

Oh yeah...I am in Nebraska (Outside Omaha) at a military school. All I can say is that I have a pretty busy schedule that starts at 5 AM, and I usually leave class around 930-10 PM. We are doing alot of stuff that is familiar, but that we have not had to be evaluated on. The problem is that there is so much to do, and very little time to read everything. You have to manage time very well, and focus on the task at hand. I keep saying it will be over in 10 more days.

I rarely call home since I am so busy, and this post is a rare opportunity for me.

We can't wait for the rally, even if nobody was interested in going on the float. We may go on our own.

See ya'll later.

Goodbye from Nebraska.

Steve
Old 07-15-2008, 06:01 AM   #108
4 Rivet Member

1969 31' Sovereign
1951 21' Flying Cloud
Alex , Oklahoma
Gavin

Gavin is doing well, Monday the Dr's flushed out his wounds and made an appt to see him next week. James to Devin fishing and he cought a 1 1/2 lb catfish.

James also got the new hot water tank working. Apparently there was something in the old gas line he hooked up to because he installed a new line from the tank to the old hookup. He said the new line origional was open but it was blocked. He cleared the line and all is working great. Hot water, oh did I fail to mention he has the cold line on the hot and the hot on the cold at both sinks. HEE HEE

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ of Okla View Post
FYI, Rebuilt thermostat for the oven is installed. Did some baking and it is about 25 degrees to hot. James is going to try and tweek it. The air conditioner has new freon and putting out 60 degree air. Sunday worked on finishing up the curtains. James tried to light the new hotwater tank and the pilot light keeps going out. He is talking about taking it back to the RV place to see what is wrong. We still have little things to do to finish up the trailer a rivet here and rivet there.

Spent the evening at Childrens hospital in Oklahoma City, OK as one of our twin grandsons (Gavin) got attached by a great dane. One arm has punctures and a 1" slice. The right arm has about a 4" cut almost to the bone. They were planned to sew this one up, they kept him over night, Devin spent the night with us. Doctors don't feel there is any nerve or muscle damage. We will know more in the weeks to come.
AIR #18751
Old 07-15-2008, 08:07 AM   #109
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
ozark , Missouri
We are excited!

We are excited about the Rally! Although we have been on the forum for about a year this will be our 1st Rally!

Last year for the September Rally my husbands mother died and we had to go to American Samoa for 3 weeks. For the spring rally my husband had a total hip replacement so we missed it AND our AS was/is gutted.

Just as we finished the plumbing repairs and floating floor our cabinet man has taken off to Colorado for a much needed vacation and won't be back until the 21st. That leaves us about 4 weeks to get the kitchen in and the air running. I will put the mattress from our spare bedroom in there if I have to but WE ARE COMING finished or not!

Is there a food list for Sat. night?
Oh yes . . one other thing. . . do you guy's drink?
76sovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 08:28 AM   #110
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
ozark , Missouri
OMG! So sorry to hear about your grandson. That poor little soul! What a tramatic experience for anyone to have to go through. I hope the dog was "Taken care of" . How old are your grandsons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ of Okla View Post
Gavin is doing well, Monday the Dr's flushed out his wounds and made an appt to see him next week. James to Devin fishing and he cought a 1 1/2 lb catfish.

James also got the new hot water tank working. Apparently there was something in the old gas line he hooked up to because he installed a new line from the tank to the old hookup. He said the new line origional was open but it was blocked. He cleared the line and all is working great. Hot water, oh did I fail to mention he has the cold line on the hot and the hot on the cold at both sinks. HEE HEE
Old 07-15-2008, 09:56 AM   #111

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Quote:
Originally Posted by soldiermedic View Post
Hey All,

I just wanted to see if there was much interest for a float trip on Saturday of this rally. Reservations are required for groups of 10 or more. The float is 5 miles, and is expected to go from 3-5 hours depending on the speed of canoes or rafts.

Steve
Thanks for the info Steve. With Patty's bad knees, we pretty much have given up float trips so we will have to pass on this.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 10:47 AM   #112
4 Rivet Member

1969 31' Sovereign
1951 21' Flying Cloud
Alex , Oklahoma
Gavin

The twin grandsons are 9yr. Found out today apparently the animal control only kept the dog 24 hours to verify it was up on it's shots. I bet if it had been a pit bull dog they would still have it. Needless to say the dog is back with its owners. We are glad he didn't have any broken bones. Kids just bounce back and keep on going.

CJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76sovereign View Post
OMG! So sorry to hear about your grandson. That poor little soul! What a tramatic experience for anyone to have to go through. I hope the dog was "Taken care of" . How old are your grandsons.
AIR #18751
Old 07-15-2008, 10:50 AM   #113
4 Rivet Member

1969 31' Sovereign
1951 21' Flying Cloud
Alex , Oklahoma
Food List

There hasn't been a food list and I am sure it is because Steve doesn't have the time to keep on top of this Rally. I am sure if everyone want to have a pot luck get together we can start making a list.

CJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76sovereign View Post
We are excited about the Rally! Although we have been on the forum for about a year this will be our 1st Rally!

Last year for the September Rally my husbands mother died and we had to go to American Samoa for 3 weeks. For the spring rally my husband had a total hip replacement so we missed it AND our AS was/is gutted.

Just as we finished the plumbing repairs and floating floor our cabinet man has taken off to Colorado for a much needed vacation and won't be back until the 21st. That leaves us about 4 weeks to get the kitchen in and the air running. I will put the mattress from our spare bedroom in there if I have to but WE ARE COMING finished or not!

Is there a food list for Sat. night?
Oh yes . . one other thing. . . do you guy's drink?
AIR #18751
Old 07-15-2008, 12:25 PM   #114
Rivet Master

2016 30' Classic
Trenton , Illinois
I'll make fruit salad.

Steve
Old 07-15-2008, 05:36 PM   #115
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Hey Now!

I may be away, and have limited time, but i am doing my best. I am in the classroom now (Just finished my homework), and wanted to see how CJ's grandchild was doing.

I usually start a food list a month out, and I guess we are close enough right now to do so. We thought about having our 500 gallon BBQ smoker trailer towed down to the campground for the good of the group. I don't have any problem doing this, but meat can get pricey to provide for the group. If anyone is interested in brisket, tri-tip, ribs, pork shoulder, or chickens from the smoker then we could figure something out. It could be purchased in bulk. I have plenty of hickory for the smoker.

We will post something later, but Amy makes some good food.

Steve
Old 07-15-2008, 08:21 PM   #116
Rivet Master

1974 29' Ambassador
1966 20' Globetrotter
Southern , Illinois
Ribs, Baked Beans (yep); canoe trip (nope)

Quote:
Originally Posted by soldiermedic View Post
Hey Now!

We thought about having our 500 gallon BBQ smoker trailer towed down to the campground for the good of the group. I don't have any problem doing this, but meat can get pricey to provide for the group. If anyone is interested in brisket, tri-tip, ribs, pork shoulder, or chickens from the smoker then we could figure something out. It could be purchased in bulk. I have plenty of hickory for the smoker.

We will post something later, but Amy makes some good food.

Steve
Steve, we'll be happy to pitch in for or bring three or four racks of ribs for the smoker -- if it works out that you can bring your smoker.

For the food list, please put us down for baked beans based on the recipe from Mike Mills' and his 17th Street Bar & Grill.

Thanks for mentioning the canoe trip as an option, however, we'll pass on the canoe trip.

Anxious to see you all again and meet some new folks ....

maccamper (Laird and Nancy) --
Sending this note tonight from the East Oklahoma City KOA on Choctaw Road near Choctaw and Harrah, OK.
maccamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 05:39 AM   #117
4 Rivet Member

1969 31' Sovereign
1951 21' Flying Cloud
Alex , Oklahoma
Laird & Nancy, How do you like this Hot Oklahoma weather? Hope all is going well with you.

Steve, we know you are very very busy with you military and family and appreciate all the energy you put out in getting the Rallys setup. We are going to miss you the year your are going to be gone.

My grandson Gavin is doing well, much better than I would be. I called last night to talk to him and he was down the street playing. His wounds have to be washed every day as they want it to heal from the inside out. The Dog is in dog jail for 10 days. The owner had the choice of putting him in the garage for 10 days or the animal shelter. Thank you all for your prayers.
AIR #18751
Old 07-16-2008, 07:02 AM   #118
Rivet Master

1974 29' Ambassador
1966 20' Globetrotter
Southern , Illinois
AC is OK so far; OK more than OK

CJ, so glad to hear your grandson is doing OK.

We are enjoying our stay in Oklahoma. We've spent many years in OK so we always enjoy being back among family and friends.

We're heading back towards RV Express in Marshfield, MO today for an overnight stay and then back to Bloomington, IL. The weather has been hot, hot and unusually humid.

Our AC is holding up fairly well so far, I will get on top of the trailer and clean the coils when we get back home, there's no telling when that was last done.

It helps that we have finally been able to extend the awning out and get some shade on one side of the trailer. Thanks to Dan, Jerry, Ron and Ted for helping show me how it's done at Moraine View. We were not able to get it extended there because the bottom mount on the leading arm started pulling out of the side of the trailer.

Thanks again for sending us the info on the local repair shops, hopefully by the time of the rally I will be fairly competent in installing RivNuts and can show interested folks how they are done. We also should have our new (used) awning up on the two front windows on the street side. We found a nice little Zip Dee at Colaw RV & Salvage.

See you soon.

Laird
maccamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 11:14 AM   #119
4 Rivet Member

1969 31' Sovereign
1951 21' Flying Cloud
Alex , Oklahoma
Glad to hear your Oklahoma trip has been a good one.

Our trailer didn't come with an awning. Wish we could find a good used one. This is on my list of things to add to our A/S. We came by Colaw RV & Salvage on our way home from Branson at the spring rally. I called them to see if they had anything for our 69 A/S and they said they don't have trailers that OLD. Never though to ask about awnings. Do A/S have to have special awnings because of the ourside curve?

My daughter sent me photos of Gavins arms, I didn't know his left side (Ribs) were brused and scratched. I guess the great dane had him by the arm and his side as they have a pretty big mouth.

Have a safe trip home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccamper View Post
CJ, so glad to hear your grandson is doing OK.

We are enjoying our stay in Oklahoma. We've spent many years in OK so we always enjoy being back among family and friends.

We're heading back towards RV Express in Marshfield, MO today for an overnight stay and then back to Bloomington, IL. The weather has been hot, hot and unusually humid.

Our AC is holding up fairly well so far, I will get on top of the trailer and clean the coils when we get back home, there's no telling when that was last done.

It helps that we have finally been able to extend the awning out and get some shade on one side of the trailer. Thanks to Dan, Jerry, Ron and Ted for helping show me how it's done at Moraine View. We were not able to get it extended there because the bottom mount on the leading arm started pulling out of the side of the trailer.

Thanks again for sending us the info on the local repair shops, hopefully by the time of the rally I will be fairly competent in installing RivNuts and can show interested folks how they are done. We also should have our new (used) awning up on the two front windows on the street side. We found a nice little Zip Dee at Colaw RV & Salvage.

See you soon.

Laird
AIR #18751
Old 07-16-2008, 01:12 PM   #120
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
ozark , Missouri
Bad Knees? Did I hear bad knees? I HAVE BAD KNEES TOO! Patty we'll have to hook up for a visit at . . . .what shall we call it?. . ..Camp "Broken knee"?
Look forward to meeting you.

Kani

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcanavera View Post
Thanks for the info Steve. With Patty's bad knees, we pretty much have given up float trips so we will have to pass on this.

Jack

Tags
float, missouri, rally, summer, trip