Old 06-27-2008, 07:29 AM   #85
Tramp Streamer
Commercial Member

1995 28' Excella
Artist , at Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by soldiermedic View Post
Greetings all.

I just got back in from three fun filled weeks of annual training at Fort Chaffee, Arkansas. To be without a computer and internet connection, television, and good food...it was quite an experience.

Did everyone know that tarantulas and scorpions are indigenous to Arkansas? I have the pictures and confirmed kill sheets to prove it. I ended up loosing about 10 pounds while I was there due to the inadequate chow and sweat from the high 90's each day.

I am glad to see that there was some posts on this thread (Even if it was in the last few days).

Sorry you won't make it Jim and Regina.

CJ....great news on your rig. Hope it sports the colors in August!

Steve
Good to hear from you Steve

Michael

ArtStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 07:09 AM   #86
4 Rivet Member

1969 31' Sovereign
1951 21' Flying Cloud
Alex , Oklahoma
Jim & Regina, hope you have a great trip.

Steve, you didn't have 10lbs to loose.

We have an appointment at the RV place to get the air conditioner checked out. We couldn't take it there as long as the bellie skin was hanging. Now it will be two weeks before we can get the AC recharged and see where the leek is. We picked up tools and tools and more tools cleaning out the inside. It is amazing how much stuff you can collect inside when you are repairing. I have some touch up to do in the bathroom where the new paint was scratched while installing all the ABS plastic back in. I think if I had it to do all over again I would install all the bathroom ABS and paint it in place. It was a little stressful for me when on piece rubbing against the other while installing. We had some old timer A/S people come over and see what we were doing and his wife thought we had bought all new bathroom ABS plastic. She was impress how nice and WHITE it looks. They went home and called some of their friends and they came out again to look at what we had done. This second couple OLD had bought a A/S (year?) and it is in Okla City at the A/S repair shop being fixed. Needless to say they will have a fortune in that trailer by the time it is fixed or they won't live to see it done. We seen it and I though it was being used for parts. It had windows missing, floor rotted and appliances missing.

I will send photos on ours later when I get it all dressed up.

Steve, Our trailer is going to be decked out in RED, WHITE & BLUE.

1951 Flying Cloud SS#7062
AIR #18751
CJ of Okla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 08:40 AM   #87
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
CJ, Glad to hear your progress on the trailer, but seeing is believing.

I was out yesterday looking for the small 12" flags to place as a marker for all Airforum rally attendees in August, but two Walmarts I visited were SOLD OUT. I guess we shouldn't think twice about the patriotism in this country, unless you are running for office huh?

Steve
Old 07-01-2008, 09:18 AM   #88
4 Rivet Member

1978 31' Sovereign
Springfield , Missouri
Regina and I got back from our Iowa trip. We had a wonderful time. I didn't install the check valve on the water pump correctly, lost the spring, spend two days looking for it and Regina found it on the ground where it had fallen out of the truck. The AS was wonderful, got a small problem with the refrigerator on gas, works great on electric, but not so great on gas, need to clean the flue.

We got stuck in the mud while visiting her brother. A guy with a bobcat pulled us out.
Muddy Suburban, muddy Airstream.

We are having the internment service for my mother on Thursday. The link is here:
busplunge: Mary Lou Lee / Bob Lee

She was a tissue donor and will be placed with my Dad at the National Cemetary. We all are going to be wearing big hats, per her wishes.

I started out on the trip to Iowa keeping track of gas and fuel mileage. I stopped that after the first fill up --about 90 bucks. Regina and I decided we were on vacation and were not going to worry about fuel costs. So we didn't. A real quick mental calculation though---cost us about fifty cents a mile run the Suburban and the Airstream.

I will post pictures of the finished trailer on my blog soon. It turned out really nice, but I will never do another one. Too much work and, like CJ says, it takes as long to get the tools out of the trailer as it does to do the work.

Jim and Regina.

Some stuck in the mud pixs here: busplunge: Airstream Stuck In The Mud At The Fairfield Iowa Fairgrounds
Old 07-01-2008, 10:17 AM   #89
Rivet Master

1983 34' Excella
1967 24' Tradewind
Little Rock , Arkansas
Talking

Quote:
Greetings all.

I just got back in from three fun filled weeks of annual training at Fort Chaffee, Arkansas. To be without a computer and internet connection, television, and good food...it was quite an experience.

Did everyone know that tarantulas and scorpions are indigenous to Arkansas? I have the pictures and confirmed kill sheets to prove it. I ended up loosing about 10 pounds while I was there due to the inadequate chow and sweat from the high 90's each day.

Steve
Since I grew up in Paris, about 30 miles east of Fort Chaffee, I am well aware of these. The tarantulas are soft and fuzzy, though. Think of them like a stuffed animal.

I gotta agree about the 10 pounds. I can't imagine where you lost it. I've dropped from 226 to 202 and you can barely tell it.

The dinette and flooring projects are on hold till I get the new fridge installed. I ordered one of the Snyder's vent kits while I was doing it and some parts were back ordered. It shipped last Friday. I will keep you updated.

My regards to Amy and Colin!
Old 07-01-2008, 01:50 PM   #90
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
ozark , Missouri
I think I did add a picture of the new floor. I will try to do better.

Quote:
Kani,

Are you keeping your repair blog update so we can all see the work? Let's hope you can finally make this one!!!!

Steve
76sovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 04:30 PM   #91
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
I can't believe that this rally is next month. It is likely that we have all the people we are going to have for this rally since nobody has signed up in a couple of months, but it could happen I suppose. Hope everyone saves their decor from this weekend for the rally.

We're getting close.

Steve
Old 07-02-2008, 04:37 PM   #92
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari SS SE
Trenton , Illinois
I reserved site 48 on the row right behind us for a buddy of mine who just bought a 64 Safari 22 a few weeks ago. Right now we have it gutted and we're working on the water system, floor, reupholstering, refinishing woodwork, and on and on and on. Our goal is to have it camp-worthy by the rally.

He's not officially signed up yet.

Steve
Old 07-02-2008, 04:37 PM   #93
Rivet Master

1976 Argosy 24
Joplin , Missouri
Now would be the time to hit the big box stores for left over patriotic theme decor on sale.....I think I have enough junk (uh, cool stuff) but I may go look anyway.

"To know is nothing at all. To imagine, is everything." --Albert Einstein

http://chaosinature.blogspot.com/
Isadora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 05:41 PM   #94
2 Rivet Member

1964 22' Safari
Granite City , Illinois
Not only my first rally but first camping trip!

My friend Steve and I are both coming to the rally. I have quite a bit of work to do on my trailer before I am able to camp in it. Its not in as good of shape as it was described. I will sure and try to get it in order though. Looking forward to meeting all of you and starting this camping thing with a bang.
Old 07-07-2008, 05:42 PM   #95
2 Rivet Member

1964 22' Safari
Granite City , Illinois
Does the All American stand for the 82nd Airborne? Just curious...I used to be in the 82nd and thats what I think of.

Nick
Old 07-07-2008, 06:09 PM   #96
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Hey Nick,

Welcome to the forums and rally. I was talking with Steve today about your trailer, and wanted to offer my help in getting you ready.

With respect about the 82nd Airborne, it is called All-American because the original unit had members in it from each of the 48 states. The unit was created in 1917, so Alaska and Hawaii were not part of the US.

Steve
Old 07-07-2008, 07:26 PM   #97
Rivet Master

1984 31' Airstream310
New Holland , Ohio
Quote:
Greetings all.

Steve

Hey now,

You had on-the-spot weather reporting any time you wanted it!

(Nice to have friends with Internet connections, isn't it???)

I am SO glad you are back! (I guess I can call the rental company and tell them they can pack up the big fuzzy bugs. )

I am really looking forward to the rally! I might have to go visit my mule while I am there. Maybe the Friday event can be "Tour the Mule School."

Big hugs to Amy and Collin (and get one for yourself, too!)

Susan

1984 310 Limited Motor Home "The Rockin' A"
Alumatube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 07:36 PM   #98
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Hey Suz,

It's been a nice 11 days at home, but I leave for Nebraska this Friday for another 2 weeks. It is upsetting that I have lost more than half my summer to this stuff, and we have only taken out the Airstream once (Branson Rally). We are currently trying to plan something from the night of Aug 15th up to when the rally starts. Dunno what we will end up doing, but we are hoping to see some other streams in the process.

Nick, I read your statement wrong earlier. The All American in the rally name is just to add to the patriotism factor of the rally. I am going out tomorrow to try and find some American flags for the rally.

Steve

Tags
float, missouri, rally, summer, trip