Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-13-2008, 04:01 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2016 30' Classic
Trenton , Illinois
I'm in for Meramec or Onondaga. Meramec is kind of cramped but we'd be able to group together. Onondaga is spread up a long creek valley but has much nicer sites.

Steve
Old 05-13-2008, 05:53 PM   #22
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Onondaga and Meremac are both nice places, but neither of them will hold sites open for us. We can make reservations, but we will have to move fast to make sure we all get a place.

Having never been to either one, are there covered gathering spots for the group in case of bad weather?

I should have a rally page up by tomorrow mid day depending on what we want to do. I will say that like Morraine View, you should book now if you are interested to ensure getting a spot, and if you cannot go....I am sure there will be a group member wanting to take it from you. Is there anyone that has to have Full-Hookups for sure? These sites will be limited, and most sites will be electric with community water.

Steve
Old 05-13-2008, 08:08 PM   #23
Rivet Master

1976 Argosy 24
Joplin , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by osolow
what about Mount home Arkansas or roaring river state park?
at the actual roaring river park there would be no hook ups if i remember right but it would be fun to have a fishing tournment and fish fry or how ever people like to cook there trout.
mount home i have looked at earlier this year and there are a lot of Rv parks and the trout are huge over there. just my 2 cents
We have been to Roaring River State Park quite often before we got our Argosy. I understand there have been Airstream rallies at Paradise Valley there, but it is a members only campsite so don't know how that worked. That has full hookups. And the trout fishing is wonderful.
We will definitely try to make it to a rally somewhere within the area.
Jim and Sandy
Isadora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 09:51 PM   #24
on the hunt

Currently Looking...
riverton , Kansas
Send a message via Skype™ to osolow
it would be nice to have full hook ups but its not somthing i need, besides i can always steal my brothers generater if i need to.

but water and a dumpsite will be nice
osolow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 10:03 PM   #25
2 Rivet Member

2006 30' Classic
st louis , Missouri
Smile

Steve,

We'll be there. What ever and where ever works out the best for you is fine with us. You are the one with the time restraints.

Tell Amy and Colin hi for us.

Dan and Marty
2wired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 05:49 AM   #26
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Setting up today

I will review both Onondaga and Meremac SP today and will create the rally page. Unfortunately this will be time critical to sign-up, so I urge everyonr to get their reservations now, and cancel them later if they cannot make it. I am leaning towards Meremac since they have a large number of sites, but will give Onondage a fair shake at it.

Let's make it a great one.

Steve
Old 05-14-2008, 08:05 AM   #27
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Here are the areas for Meramec SP and Onondaga SP. Meramec has more sites available, but Onondaga looks nice with the creek. I have considered heading down there to check them both out this weekend.

Onondaga Site

Meramec Site 1

Meramec Site 2

Let me know what you all think.

Steve
Old 05-14-2008, 08:16 AM   #28
Rivet Master

1974 29' Ambassador
1966 20' Globetrotter
Southern , Illinois
Order of Preference ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by soldiermedic
Here are the areas for Meramec SP and Onondaga SP. Meramec has more sites available, but Onondaga looks nice with the creek. I have considered heading down there to check them both out this weekend.

Onondaga Site

Meramec Site 1

Meramec Site 2

Let me know what you all think.

Steve
This would be our order of preference:

Meramec Site 2 (we like the full hookups including sewer)
Meramec Site 1
Onondaga

We haven't been to any of the three so we'll yield to your choice on the one that makes the most sense for you and your timing.

Nancy and Laird
maccamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 08:21 AM   #29
Rivet Master

1976 Argosy 24
Joplin , Missouri
Meramac site 2 or Onandaga sound good to me. Either one is about the same distance from us so makes little difference as far as that goes.
Isadora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 09:15 AM   #30
Rivet Master

1984 31' Airstream310
Central , Ohio
Hi Steve!

Got your message--I like 1) MM2 or 2) Onandega as well. I like that Meramec has a "rustic dining room" and other stuff to do besides just caves. But i will be happy with any of them as long as Airstreams are there!

Susan

1984 310 Limited Motor Home "The Rockin' A"
Alumatube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 09:38 AM   #31
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
So far from the thread and PMs I received, Meramec Site 2 is the preferred choice. I will set the rally up today at lunch with the sign-up page. I just hope everyone jumps on this as soon as possible to avoid being shut out in three months.

Prize for the most Patriotic Trailer!!!

Steve
Old 05-14-2008, 09:50 AM   #32
Rivet Master

1974 29' Ambassador
1966 20' Globetrotter
Southern , Illinois
We're in -- sites are going fast.

Quote:
So far from the thread and PMs I received, Meramec Site 2 is the preferred choice. I will set the rally up today at lunch with the sign-up page. I just hope everyone jumps on this as soon as possible to avoid being shut out in three months.

Prize for the most Patriotic Trailer!!!

Steve
Just got off the phone with the reservation service and we've got reservations. You are right. We're in Site #2 Location #3. They are filling up fast! The online reservation service is having problems so it may be faster to phone in reservations. 1-877-422-6766
Old 05-14-2008, 09:52 AM   #33

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Are the site 2 sewer sites open at this point Steve? My guess it that you would like the folks to congregate in some specific areas within the site? Be aware it's been a few years since I've been there but most of those sites are full sun without shade. There were tree plantings but most of the stuff is small. The river has been known to flood those sites, especially the sewer sites. Also be aware that the park access road has some extremely large grades so be sure to gear down especially on the downhill side. Roads are well paved and 2 lane.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 09:56 AM   #34

Fenton , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by maccamper
Just got off the phone with the reservation service and we've got reservations. You are right. We're in Site #2 Location #3. They are filling up fast! The online reservation service is having problems so it may be faster to phone in reservations. 1-877-422-6766
What sites are location 3? The map shows sections but the site 2 map doesn't show location #'s other than the site numbers.

Meramec State Park - Missouri State Parks and Historic Sites, MoDNR

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
Old 05-14-2008, 10:03 AM   #35
Rivet Master

1974 29' Ambassador
1966 20' Globetrotter
Southern , Illinois
Location numbers and photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcanavera
Are the site 2 sewer sites open at this point Steve? My guess it that you would like the folks to congregate in some specific areas within the site? Be aware it's been a few years since I've been there but most of those sites are full sun without shade. There were tree plantings but most of the stuff is small. The river has been known to flood those sites, especially the sewer sites. Also be aware that the park access road has some extremely large grades so be sure to gear down especially on the downhill side. Roads are well paved and 2 lane.

Jack
When I go in through Steve's link Meramec Site 2 I can see location numbers for Site/Section 2 and can click on the numbers to see descriptions of the location/campsite and a photo for some of them.

I went online at http://www.mostateparks.com and then called them when I was getting error messages as I submitted my reservation -- evidently one of my attempts did go through because they had my online reservation in their system.
Old 05-14-2008, 10:07 AM   #36

Fenton , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by maccamper
When I go in through Steve's link Meramec Site 2 I can see location numbers for Site/Section 2 and can click on the numbers to see descriptions of the location/campsite and a photo for some of them.

I went online at http://www.mostateparks.com and then called them when I was getting error messages as I submitted my reservation -- evidently one of my attempts did go through because they had my online reservation in their system.
Looks like the trees have grown up quite a bit so there should be shade. This is a large area so it would be good to figure if we are trying to congregate in a particular area of site 2.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
Old 05-14-2008, 10:17 AM   #37
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
I am about to call in my reservation. THe online has been fudging up stuff for me over an hour now. I might look into renting a large tent for us to gather under since I have never been there before, and don't know if there are pavillions. Then again, that would be a HUGE tent. I will contact the park later today after reservations are made to discuss a congregation area.

Steve
Old 05-14-2008, 10:20 AM   #38

Fenton , Missouri
Quote:
I am about to call in my reservation. THe online has been fudging up stuff for me over an hour now. I might look into renting a large tent for us to gather under since I have never been there before, and don't know if there are pavillions. Then again, that would be a HUGE tent. I will contact the park later today after reservations are made to discuss a congregation area.

Steve
No pavillion areas in the camping section. They do have pavillions in the day picnic areas when you first enter the park. Unfortunately to use those you need to drive to them. They are not within walking distance.

Can you give us any update upon what sites you would like us to book in section 2?

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
Old 05-14-2008, 10:36 AM   #39
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
I just booked for Site 13 Aug 21-24 leaving on Monday. There are limited Full Hookups left (2,5,6,8,11,12,14,15,16,17,18,19). Site 15 is handicap accessible for anyone that may need it. If the full hookups sell out, please gather on the backside of the full-hookup sites which are electric only with water points (sites 46-59). We will have enough hoses to fill your water tanks with no problems.

The reservation number is 1-877-422-6766. Dates are Fri the 22-Sun the 24. We are going Thursday and staying till Monday. More info once I get the rally signup open, but I wanted to get reservations done ASAP. I urge everyone to get their spots now since it is first come first serve. You are able to reserve multiple spots when you call, but you have to pay for them at reservation time.

Hope to see everyone there.

Steve
Old 05-14-2008, 11:14 AM   #40
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Official Sign-up page is done.

Silver, Stars, and Stripes Rally Sign-Up

Tags
float, missouri, rally, summer, trip