Old 08-24-2008, 09:23 PM   #225
Rivet Master

1976 Argosy 24
Joplin , Missouri
Home from the rally!

We got home this evening from Meramec, and really hated to leave, we had such a good time! Lots of great food (thanks Steve for the great smoked meat) and I ate so much both nights I could hardly walk!! It was all superb, and we enjoyed meeting everyone, what a great bunch you all are! The trailer tour was really fun also! I just love looking in other people's Airstreams, and we got some great ideas to try in ours.

Thanks so much everyone for letting us join your party. It was our first rally, and we are really looking forward to the next one! Hope to see you all in Branson in October! Will post some pics we took, in a day or so.

"To know is nothing at all. To imagine, is everything." --Albert Einstein

http://chaosinature.blogspot.com/
Isadora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 09:25 PM   #226
2 Rivet Member

1968 26' Overlander
Fenton , Missouri
We just settled in after getting home. I imagine that you will all find this funny after our weekend. I just went out to the AS to get my computer and locked my keys inside.

We had a really wonderful time. Thank you everyone for making us feel so welcome at our first Rally.

Here is a link to the Pumkin Pasta that I made for the pot luck.
http://www.recipezaar.com/recipe/print?id=146732

Can't wait until next time!

Old 08-24-2008, 09:46 PM   #227
Married to Soldiermedic

San Antonio , Texas
It was a great time. We had a great time seeing old friends and meeting new ones. Thanks everybody for a great time and great company. Hope to see you all soon! Thanks for the link for the pasta. Cant wait to make some!Now if we could only get the person who made the guacamole to part with their recipe then we would be set! Keep in touch.

Amy
Old 08-24-2008, 10:01 PM   #228
Rivet Master

1976 Argosy 24
Joplin , Missouri
guacamole!

It's an easy recipe--I'll just post it here.

5 ripe avocados, diced
1/3 can frozen pineapple juice
1 pkg fresh green onions, chopped
garlic powder to taste (I probably use at least 2 tbsp)
3 tbsp lime juice
5 (or more, according to taste) small dried red chili peppers, de-seeded and diced (I like Thai peppers but they are very hot!) and reconstituted in 1/4 c hot water.

Mix thoroughly, but not so much that the avocado pieces lose all texture. Cover tightly with plastic wrap (cover the surface of the mixture to seal out all air) and let set for an hour until flavors blend, and serve with corn chips.

You can use fresh chopped mangos in place of pineaple juice, also add cilantro to taste. Adding tomatoes and cooked dry beans, and just mashing avocados lightly makes it a great salsa.

Old 08-24-2008, 10:08 PM   #229
Married to Soldiermedic

San Antonio , Texas
wow! didnt imagine that pine apple juice was in there. Usually I dont like the stuff but yours was stellar. Thanks for the recipe. Looks like I have a lot of cooking to do down the road...
Old 08-24-2008, 10:23 PM   #230
Rivet Master

1976 Argosy 24
Joplin , Missouri
cookbook

Somebody ought to put together a cookbook of the great rally recipes. I loved that corn casserole and the pasta with pumpkin (?) was outstanding......as was everything else!

Old 08-24-2008, 11:03 PM   #231

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Got home okay today. Thanks Steve for the great rally. Ended up steam cleaning the carpet due to the wet grounds and falling leaves. I sure wish Airstream would have honored my request to build my unit without carpet.

Those hickory trees were dumping sap, large hickory nuts (one caused a dent in the end cap of Tin Loaf's Safari next to us), and all kinds of debris. Now that I've got the insides clean, we start on the outside tomorrow. Don't want that sap to solidify...

Karen, hope you have a spare set of keys! Otherwise call Steve. He played Houdini over the weekend going through rooftop to another Airstream whose door got locked accidently. He also did a little bathroom duty also!

Good to see everyone there!

Regards,

Jack
AIR #56
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500,'14 Honda CTX 700
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 06:27 AM   #232
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari SS SE
Trenton , Illinois
I posted all my photos to a web gallery where you can download individual, full resolution files or download the entire gallery in one click of the mouse.

However, the best feature is the button up toward the top of the page called "Upload". It allows all of you to add your photos to the gallery and we can make this a really nice cooperative photo page.

The downside to the gallery style is that I can't add captions to the photos. I'm working on a website for our rallies where all the best photos are labeled and captioned. It should be up and running tonight.

So for now, here's the link to the web gallery:

http://gallery.mac.com/skmentz#100535

Steve
Old 08-25-2008, 12:19 PM   #233
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
I'm Back Part 2.....

I just got home and backed in from the rally site about 15 minutes ago. Lots of work to do with cleaning the trailer like Jack's adventure and then cutting the grass since we have been gone ten days.

It seems that nobody goes away completely unscathed from a rally. I saw Tinloaf's Walnut impact dent on his endcap, CJ of OK had the astradome issues that forced me through the roof, and when we left last night to bring the smoker home.....Amy forgot to ensure the coupler was on the ball. We pulled out onto the road and the coupler flew off the ball. Luckily the safety chains held the smoker there, but unfortunately if pulled the smoker right into the tailgate. We have to get an estimate from a body shop to remove the dent and repair the scratch.

Overall I feel it was quite a successful rally. We had several first time rally attendees, and I want to give them props for making it out.

Pictures are coming, but I need to finish all the other work around here first.

On a side note, Tin Loaf and I were discussing a St. Louis Area Airstream Group. This would be for weekends where someone is just heading out to camp, and shoots an email out letting others know where and when. It wouldn't be a rally, but would be camping with forum friends and Airstreams. If interested, please shoot me a PM with your email and I will get an email list started.

Steve
Old 08-25-2008, 02:01 PM   #234
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
I uploaded a large amount of pictures to Tin Loaf's rally pic page. I think that having our own website for rally or camping trips will be really cool, and I won't have to store a million photos on my hard drive.

Steve
Old 08-25-2008, 05:17 PM   #235
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari SS SE
Trenton , Illinois
The Rally Webpage

Alright, I built a website to host our rally information and photos. It's a work in progress but I think you'll be able to pick your way through it.

http://web.mac.com/skmentz/Airstream

Check it out, upload your photos and let me know what you think.

Steve
Old 08-25-2008, 05:55 PM   #236
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
I think it works great. It needs a name....Midwest Streamers?, STL Streamers?, Don't feed your dog a package of hotdogs or pork shoulder streamers?

Steve
Old 08-25-2008, 06:57 PM   #237
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Labor Day four day weekend.

Anyone going camping????

Steve
Old 08-25-2008, 08:14 PM   #238
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
ozark , Missouri
Thumbs up Website

Thanks for setting this up for us! Perfect!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinLoaf View Post
Alright, I built a website to host our rally information and photos. It's a work in progress but I think you'll be able to pick your way through it.

http://web.mac.com/skmentz/Airstream

Check it out, upload your photos and let me know what you think.

Steve

76sovereign is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
float, missouri, rally, summer, trip