Old 08-11-2008, 09:21 PM   #183
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Food List and cook-off

Steve,

At the Branson rally I host, I have held a potluck on Friday night and cook-off Saturday. I didn't realize that I had listed a potluck and cook-off for this rally. It may not give people enough time to prepare by listing one now, but I will throw it out if people are interested. I had also planned to have the potluck on Saturday night instead of Friday. After reviewing my sign-up page I realize that I am really screwed up in what I thought vs what I wrote.

We have the Saturday trailer tours that are completely voluntary, and there will be a prize for the most patriotic trailer (Voted on by all the rally attendees.) Unofficial gatherings and potlucks at the will of the rally goers.

If we have a cook-off, people can feel free to bring their left overs from the Friday night gathering the next night. I usually take 2-3 volunteers that are forced to try a small sample of all entries to the contest, and then render a verdict.

Here is what we have for the food list:

Soldiermedic: Smoked Armadillo Eggs, Cast Iron Dessert
Tin Loaf: Fruit Salad
Maccamper: Baked Beans, BBQ Sauce, Ribs for Smoker
Cosmotini: Deviled egg potato salad
76Sovereign: Samoan BBQ Chicken
Air Hamel: Pasta Salad
2Wired: Corn Casserole
CJ of Oklahoma: Peach Cobbler
Isadora: Fruit Salad

Shall a cook-off be desired, we can go different this time....lets try Pie or Cobbler. Everyone let me know if the Friday potluck and Saturday cook-off will work for everyone. These are not a requirement of course.

Steve

Old 08-11-2008, 09:29 PM   #184
Rivet Master

1976 Argosy 24
Joplin , Missouri
Friday potluck and Saturday cookoff are fine with me, whatever the majority wants is fine, I will hold off on blackberry cobbler until Saturday night then.

"To know is nothing at all. To imagine, is everything." --Albert Einstein

http://chaosinature.blogspot.com/
Isadora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 10:52 AM   #185
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Well bad news for us. I was outside getting the Ambassador cleaned up and this is what I see in the trailer. I don't see how this happened. The trailer has sat still and unused in our driveway. This really sucks because we are leaving this Friday for Michigan, and will come home a day before meremac.

A new pan is $430 plus shipping. Anyone have an idea how this can be fixed without getting a new pan?

Steve
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	shower1.JPG
Views:	66
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	65542   Click image for larger version

Name:	shower2.JPG
Views:	79
Size:	20.7 KB
ID:	65543  

Old 08-12-2008, 12:11 PM   #186
4 Rivet Member

1969 31' Sovereign
1951 21' Flying Cloud
Alex , Oklahoma
Ouch, Steve that just make me sick about your shower. Seems like you could have someone good to fiber glass, sand and paint. Sounds simple. HA

I can do what ever on the Friday & Saturday. James and I will be there Wed 20th to see the sights. Are you still bringing your cooker? We can bring some chicken breast. James is still talking about bringing cat fish and the deep fryer. I have a big electric browler to keep all the meat warm until time to eat. I can bring a ice cream freezer, is there any others? We can have Ice Cream with our Pies Saturday. What do ya think?
1951 Flying Cloud SS#7062
AIR #18751
CJ of Okla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 12:39 PM   #187
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
CJ,

We have an electric ice cream churn as well, and a whole bag of rock salt. The only thing we will make sure to have on hand is enough ice once we start. Amy has been bugging me to make Watermelon Sorbet again, so maybe we will make that on Thursday so it has a couple nights to harden in the freezer.

We are bringing the BBQ trailer down, but I will likely bring the trailer down first thing in the morning Thursday, and then go back to the house for the smoker. It's about an hour drive, so it isn't too horrible.

As for the shower, I don't know what to do. I wonder if I could actually fiberglass it, sand it, and have it ready to use before Friday.

Thankfully, the Maccamper crew is coming to help me out with a few issues tomorrow. I am indebted to them, and have been out drilling rivets and pulling things apart to prep for their arrival. I will make some BBQ for them for helping me out.

Another thing I need to replace is the foam seal/gasket that goes under my toilet. It gave out at Branson, and I forgot about it. My local AS dealer is OUT, so I am looking for a gasket to a Thetford toilet model 31680.

Steve
Old 08-12-2008, 01:01 PM   #188
Rivet Master

1976 Argosy 24
Joplin , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by soldiermedic View Post
Well bad news for us. I was outside getting the Ambassador cleaned up and this is what I see in the trailer. I don't see how this happened. The trailer has sat still and unused in our driveway. This really sucks because we are leaving this Friday for Michigan, and will come home a day before meremac.

A new pan is $430 plus shipping. Anyone have an idea how this can be fixed without getting a new pan?

We will also be there Wednesday. I also plan on making guacamole sometime during the week also.

Steve
You might try the two-part epoxy "clay" type stuff that you may have seen advertised on tv--I got some at the local Walgreen's but I think you can find it most anywhere now.. It comes in two small rolls, you pinch off a bit of each and knead them together, and it gets warm, and you mash it into the cracks really well and smooth it off. When it is dry you can sand it, and maybe you could use porcelain touch-up paint to blend it in with the rest of the finish. I have used the epoxy clay on several things before and it seems to really work pretty well. I actually used it to repair the handle on a cup and used some to repair a broken, splintered out place in a wooden piece, and when I painted it, you couldn't see where it was broken. Costs about $10 for a package.

Old 08-12-2008, 01:18 PM   #189
3 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Bozeman , Montana
Steve,
I understand.

I have been there twice...
Been shot at with a rocket,
Had an associate killed,
Had another severely injured....

And I was there as a govt. civilian...

Doing agriculture development.

So be careful over there.
"Its better to light just one candle than to curse the darkness,
Unless you're blinded by the light..."
hshovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 02:31 PM   #190
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Hank,

Thanks for the thoughts.

Isadora, epoxy hardens rock solid when it cures so that is out. I need something flexible that will bend while the trailer moves down the road. I plan to use some sikaflex for a quick fix, and may try something else later. The pan is the original pan from 75, so I guess it was bound to happen.

Steve
Old 08-12-2008, 03:18 PM   #191
Rivet Master

1976 Argosy 24
Joplin , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by soldiermedic View Post
Hank,

Thanks for the thoughts.

Isadora, epoxy hardens rock solid when it cures so that is out. I need something flexible that will bend while the trailer moves down the road. I plan to use some sikaflex for a quick fix, and may try something else later. The pan is the original pan from 75, so I guess it was bound to happen.

Steve
True, I hadn't thought about the flexing. How about regular bathtub caulking, comes in bright white? Might be a little less visible than the sikaflex, is shiny when dry and it stays flexible.

Old 08-12-2008, 03:33 PM   #192
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
I was specifically told not to use silicone sealant of any kind. I am not worried too much if you can see the caulk job. If it works, then I will be happy.

Steve
Old 08-12-2008, 07:09 PM   #193
INSANITY CENTRAL

1986 32' Excella
2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Citrus Heights , California
Are you sleeping?

Steve--is this you?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	couch camotato.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	65570  

www.popasmoke.com

Proud Appellation American

Vine View Heights is now closed.

YETI ( 65 Quart )

IGLOO (Ice Cube, 50 Quart )
doorgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 11:33 PM   #194
2 Rivet Member

1968 26' Overlander
Fenton , Missouri
I'm always so undecided when it comes to potluck items. I have decided to make a creamy pumpkin pasta with a back up plan of potato salad. We may have to bring it in a cooler instead of our refrigerator, depends on how things go in the next week or so. I've convinced myself to take out the fridge and burp it. Does anyone have any tips on removing the frig in our '68 Overlander?
Can't wait to hook up and head out hwy. 44.
Old 08-12-2008, 11:41 PM   #195
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Karen,

Air Hamel is a forums member who has a 68 Overlander and will be at the rally. You might contact them since they were working on their trailer the last time I saw them.

There are several threads on here for burping your fridge, so good luck.

Steve
Old 08-13-2008, 12:09 AM   #196
2 Rivet Member

1968 26' Overlander
Fenton , Missouri
Thanks Steve,
I read a lot of the burping threads. That has helped me a lot, well it's not cold yet - but it's helped. Thanks for the suggestion.

Tags
float, missouri, rally, summer, trip