Old 07-28-2008, 03:49 PM   #155
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Hey Loaf!!

Bringing meat would be fantastico if you want, but no obligation. Wish I had known you were at Babler SP, it's about 25 minutes from me, and we could have camped. We were actually thinking about heading there this weekend.

Steve

Old 07-29-2008, 06:28 AM   #156
4 Rivet Member

1969 31' Sovereign
1951 21' Flying Cloud
Alex , Oklahoma
Ac

James went and got a new converter cord. The RV guy said something about those OLD units can get cold and something about the compressor frost over and the thermostat doesn't shut off. You will have to talk to James when we are at Meramec, he can explain better. Anyway he came home put the new cord on and the AC is working perfect. Hope it keeps working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ of Okla View Post
Steve and Laird, I just called James and read him all your emails. He said the cord may have been the starter. So he is going to the RV place in Chickasha and talk to Eddy to make sure he is using the right electrical hookups. I will let you all know what he finds out.

1951 Flying Cloud SS#7062
AIR #18751
CJ of Okla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 09:38 PM   #157
2 Rivet Member

1964 22' Safari
Granite City , Illinois
I really appreciate the help this weekend. Looking forward to meeting you Steve..

Nick
Old 08-04-2008, 07:25 AM   #158
4 Rivet Member

1969 31' Sovereign
1951 21' Flying Cloud
Alex , Oklahoma
Hey all it was only 109 in the shade Sunday (Aug 3) here in Oklahoma. James and I got up real early and started installing our NEW fantastic fan. Well I get to be the monkey as I am the lightest. We were lucky that non of the PO had used silicone on the old fan. I had gray sticky stuff like plumbers putty. I grinded off the rivet heads then drilled out the rivets. James removed the rivets holding the lid from the inside and disconnected the wires. What is the pits we had put this new vent lid on last year, early part of this summer the vent fan was left on with the lid shut. End results burned up the motor, those motors aren't cheep. So we opted to put in a fantastic fan. I traced the new vent seal and cut round hole into square. We did a dry fit and after many fittings we finally got the fan to fit. I used the good old gray stuff to seal the seal and installed the fan. The fan came with screws to install. We had to cut 2 x 2 boards and insert between the top and inside ceiling. I predrilled holes then added a little gray seal and screwed down the fan. From the inside James hooked up the wires, had to cut the ceiling hole a little bigger to slide in the sleeve. We haven't screwed the inside (sleeve) cover down as our ceiling isn't flat and where the predrilled screw holes are the screws won't go into the ceiling. So we will have to call Vintage trailers for some helpful hints. But the fan works great. We got done by 11:30am and it was just getting 98. James kept the trailer parked in the shade, he kept having to move so I wouldn't fry on top. HEE HEE

17 days till we head for the Ralley.
AIR #18751
Old 08-04-2008, 10:20 AM   #159
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Nice Story CJ.

I too installed a fantastic fan on Wiegand01's 64 Safari. I was also given the line, "You are the lightest, so you do it." I was in full sun for several hours, and now my front is white, and my back is red. I also installed a new vent cover for his exhaust fan, and assisted him, and Tin Loaf in installing the new Astradome with new lifters.

Wiegand01 has quite a project on his hands, and I believe he finally got his plumbing back in order. He is working on cabinets now, and should be reworking his gauchos so they have a place to sleep on at the rally . I plan to get up there and help him this week since I have drill over the weekend, but tonight is COllin's B-Day and we are having people over for it (Got the smoker rolling with 2 Chickens, a shoulder, and set of spare ribs now).

Steve
Old 08-04-2008, 11:55 AM   #160
4 Rivet Member

1969 31' Sovereign
1951 21' Flying Cloud
Alex , Oklahoma
Forgot to tell ya James put on new shocks Friday. Next year we get new axels, we have spend our wad this year.

Glad you are helping Wiegand01 to get his A/S ready for the Rally.
AIR #18751
Old 08-04-2008, 12:27 PM   #161
Rivet Master

1974 29' Ambassador
1966 20' Globetrotter
Central , Illinois
new axles

Hey CJ. We just put new axles on ours this weekend, and we're anxious to see how much difference it makes on the trip to Merramec. I would be glad to share hints and tips with you and James on the installation process. We also replaced the original two-piece steel rims with new aluminum wheels. It looks much better and we don't have to worry about losing any more hubcaps (we were down to two).

Laird
Old 08-04-2008, 02:13 PM   #162
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Right now........I smell something.

That's just for 15 people on Collin's B-day. What will the rally bring?????

More pics on the blog in my sig.

Steve
Old 08-04-2008, 03:40 PM   #163
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
ozark , Missouri
Thumbs up

U Da Man! That all looks delicious!
Quote:
Originally Posted by soldiermedic View Post
Right now........I smell something.

That's just for 15 people on Collin's B-day. What will the rally bring?????

More pics on the blog in my sig.

Steve
76sovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 06:52 AM   #164
4 Rivet Member

1969 31' Sovereign
1951 21' Flying Cloud
Alex , Oklahoma
Axels

Good deal, we couldn't have done all the thing we have done to our A/S without this forum. We discovered early the A/S dealer in Oklahoma City really didn't want to answer any of our questions. I guess he would have rather charged us big bucks and do the work himself.

We still have things we want to do to our trailer, replace axels, the fender well on the drivers side is trashed. This will require gutting part of the kitchen and removing a wall and one bed to get into the space to replace. We also know under the sink the floor is bad so that requires gutting the other side of the kitchen to replace the floor. To do all this requires removing all furniture in the front living area to roll back the vinyl flooring as it is all one piece. Nothing is ever simple. We would also like to put on some cool rims, we never had the option of hub caps. All these things take time time time and money money money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccamper View Post
Hey CJ. We just put new axles on ours this weekend, and we're anxious to see how much difference it makes on the trip to Merramec. I would be glad to share hints and tips with you and James on the installation process. We also replaced the original two-piece steel rims with new aluminum wheels. It looks much better and we don't have to worry about losing any more hubcaps (we were down to two).

Laird
AIR #18751
Old 08-05-2008, 10:04 AM   #165
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Kodak Moment

Here is a picture taken over the weekend while working on Wiegand01's 64 Safari. Let nobody question his dedication to his trailer or his ice cream!!!

Steve
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	twofisted.JPG
Views:	49
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	65113  
Old 08-05-2008, 10:58 AM   #166
2 Rivet Member

1968 26' Overlander
St Charles , Missouri
Hey all. We will be there. Count us in for pasta salad! We can't wait. We finally got new tires, been cleaning still, and doing some basic stuff. Hopefully it won't be too terribly hot that weekend, there is always the river to cool off in though.
Old 08-05-2008, 12:33 PM   #167
Rivet Master

1984 31' Airstream310
New Holland , Ohio
Well, unfortunately a work committment came up the weekend of the rally and I will not be able to attend. I am in spot #12 (full hookups) and will be happy to transfer it to someone if they would like it.

I am seriously BUMMED!!! I was looking forward to it. Oh well--I am looking forward to the next opportunity!

Susan

1984 310 Limited Motor Home "The Rockin' A"
Alumatube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 01:54 PM   #168
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
OH NO SUZ!!!!!!!

Spot 12 is located next door to those pesky medics and their son (Wait...that's us). Lets help Suz out and get another Stream to take her place (which does me a favor and keeps an SOB out of the spot next to me.)

It's alright SUZ..we'll always have Branson.

Steve

Tags
float, missouri, rally, summer, trip