Old 07-24-2008, 05:11 AM   #127
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Morning all,

We were awakened at 2300 in the field here at Camp Ashland, NE and told that we were moving due to a massive storm coming in. We had about 10 minutes to secure all of our gear, and then proceeded to move out to the billiting area. Since we were not due to return home until today, this was a welcome change (We had not had showers in 4 days and the heat index was over 100 one day). Then we got up at 0400 to make sure we made it into class this morning.

Can this rally get here soon enough?

Steve

Old 07-24-2008, 06:40 PM   #128
Stray

1987 32' Excella
1978 28' Argosy 28
Springfield , Missouri
Steve,
I have to admit that I chuckle from time to time regarding your military regime. Reminds me of the mid-late 60's when I was enjoying some of that same stuff. Granted, a little different because of the service branch, but the military is the military. Quite frankly, I was glad to do it and I am extremely appreciative for those of you who continue to serve as you are doing. Don't mean to get "sappy", but I am very proud of our country and I know what we have doesn't come cheap. Looking forward to seeing you, Amy and Colin at Meremac.

Old 07-24-2008, 08:24 PM   #129
Married to Soldiermedic

San Antonio , Texas
Thanks! We are looking forward to see you too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nohillgrish View Post
Steve,
I have to admit that I chuckle from time to time regarding your military regime. Reminds me of the mid-late 60's when I was enjoying some of that same stuff. Granted, a little different because of the service branch, but the military is the military. Quite frankly, I was glad to do it and I am extremely appreciative for those of you who continue to serve as you are doing. Don't mean to get "sappy", but I am very proud of our country and I know what we have doesn't come cheap. Looking forward to seeing you, Amy and Colin at Meremac.
Old 07-25-2008, 06:57 AM   #130
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Oh Dennis...

Trust me, this military is a whole new animal from back in your time. We appreciate your service.

See you soon.

Steve
Old 07-25-2008, 02:54 PM   #131
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
ozark , Missouri
What about food?

WHAT ABOUT FOOD? Do we have a "who's bringing what" list started and if so have I aready signed up for something? My memory is getting baaaad!
76sovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 03:19 PM   #132
Rivet Master

1974 29' Ambassador
1966 20' Globetrotter
Central , Illinois
Food list is coming I bet

Quote:
Originally Posted by soldiermedic View Post
Hey Now!

. . .

I usually start a food list a month out, and I guess we are close enough right now to do so. We thought about having our 500 gallon BBQ smoker trailer towed down to the campground for the good of the group. I don't have any problem doing this, but meat can get pricey to provide for the group. If anyone is interested in brisket, tri-tip, ribs, pork shoulder, or chickens from the smoker then we could figure something out. It could be purchased in bulk. I have plenty of hickory for the smoker.

We will post something later, but Amy makes some good food.

Steve
Sounds like Steve is about to get a food list started. He's asked a couple of times about whether anyone is interested in him bringing his big BBQ smoker trailer.

maccamper (Laird and I) have said we'll bring or spring for 3 or 4 racks of ribs for the smoker if Steve brings it. And, we'll bring baked beans.

Tin Loaf is bringing fruit salad.
CJ and Isadora have mentioned a joint effort for cookies -- one baking, one providing oven?

That's what I see in terms of food so far as I go back through the last few posts.

Steve ... hang in there

Nancy Mac
Old 07-25-2008, 06:15 PM   #133
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Food List:

I apologize for not starting this sooner (I have been in classes or the field for 16 hours a day for the last two weeks). I know that MacCamper is bringing some awesome beans. The main potluck event will be held Saturday instead of the normal Friday. I will say that informal potluck meals nightly are welcome just for the fellowship, or people can prepare their own food and join others at anytime. I am thinking on still bringing the BBQ trailer, but I will have to see if there is any more interest from the group. If not I may just make a few batches of Armadillo Eggs, or I could smoke a shoulder in the pot smoker.

The List:

MacCamper Baked Beans

Feel free to add your dish, and I will update the listing as I get them.

Steve
Old 07-25-2008, 07:26 PM   #134
Rivet Master

1974 29' Ambassador
1966 20' Globetrotter
Central , Illinois
Drawing/ Door Prizes

Hey Steve,

Laird and I will bring a BBQ guide book to add to the door prizes. We'll bring "Real Barbecue - The Classic Barbecue Guide to the Best Joints Across the USA." The authors are Vince Staten and Greg Johnson.

See you all next month!

Nancy Mac (mrs. maccamper)
Old 07-25-2008, 07:34 PM   #135
Rivet Master

1963 24' Tradewind
Highland , Illinois
We'll bring Deviled Egg potato salad.

Air #4056

"Oooh - They have the Internet on computers now!" - Homer Simpson
cosmotini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 07:57 PM   #136
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
ozark , Missouri
That sounds awesome to us! Well bring some ribs too if needed and I would like for my husband to make Samoan BBQ Chicken one night for everyone to try.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maccamper View Post
Sounds like Steve is about to get a food list started. He's asked a couple of times about whether anyone is interested in him bringing his big BBQ smoker trailer.

maccamper (Laird and I) have said we'll bring or spring for 3 or 4 racks of ribs for the smoker if Steve brings it. And, we'll bring baked beans.

Tin Loaf is bringing fruit salad.
CJ and Isadora have mentioned a joint effort for cookies -- one baking, one providing oven?

That's what I see in terms of food so far as I go back through the last few posts.

Steve ... hang in there

Nancy Mac
Old 07-25-2008, 08:01 PM   #137
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
ozark , Missouri
That's a poor excuse......Couldn't you come up with something better than that? Just kidding of course...
Quote:
Originally Posted by soldiermedic View Post
Food List:

I apologize for not starting this sooner (I have been in classes or the field for 16 hours a day for the last two weeks). I know that MacCamper is bringing some awesome beans. The main potluck event will be held Saturday instead of the normal Friday. I will say that informal potluck meals nightly are welcome just for the fellowship, or people can prepare their own food and join others at anytime. I am thinking on still bringing the BBQ trailer, but I will have to see if there is any more interest from the group. If not I may just make a few batches of Armadillo Eggs, or I could smoke a shoulder in the pot smoker.

The List:

MacCamper Baked Beans

Feel free to add your dish, and I will update the listing as I get them.

Steve
Old 07-25-2008, 09:58 PM   #138
2 Rivet Member

2006 30' Classic
st louis , Missouri
Guess what Steve, we will bring the corn casserole. We will be happy to add to the meat supply also. Just let us know. I'm ready to head down there now even if it is a month ahead of time.

See you soon.

Marty
Old 07-25-2008, 10:31 PM   #139
Rivet Master

1976 Argosy 24
Joplin , Missouri
I think CJ got the oven going, so we're on our own.There are a couple things we can bring, let me think on it. I make a mean guacamole, and will most likely have that on hand but I will also have something else. Maybe a nice fruit salad as it is most likely going to be hot.

Is anybody else planning on going trout fishing? I'm thinking maybe a fish fry one night.

"To know is nothing at all. To imagine, is everything." --Albert Einstein

http://chaosinature.blogspot.com/
Isadora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 09:12 AM   #140
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
ozark , Missouri
I LOVE A MEAN GUACAMOLE AND A COLD FRUIT SALAD! My mouth is watering as we speak.

My husband will want to Trout fish I'm sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isadora View Post
I think CJ got the oven going, so we're on our own.There are a couple things we can bring, let me think on it. I make a mean guacamole, and will most likely have that on hand but I will also have something else. Maybe a nice fruit salad as it is most likely going to be hot.

Is anybody else planning on going trout fishing? I'm thinking maybe a fish fry one night.

Tags
float, missouri, rally, summer, trip