Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-14-2010, 11:36 AM   #2821
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Just look for the little silver trailer at the birthday bash!
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 11:51 AM   #2822
Rivet Master

1978 29' Ambassador
Walnut Cove , North Carolina
WOW-had a lo of catching up to do. great news Sharon about your wrist-hope the knee turns out the same. We sure enjoyed your visit. We are in a whirlwind trying to get the house ready for the market. Just got back from a quick trip to Alabama to see R's mom for her 90th and then a weekend in Atlanta at my sisters. She has 6 of the cutest Bearded collie pups-I was so tempted but as they are champions just not in my budget. Laura so sorry your family has had such a challenge but glad that things are getting better. Cats-I am so proud of you for not giving up. I am right there with you but each trip I get more confident and learn new tricks. Carol are you camp hosting this season? Depending on time and place I would love to try to get together with you all but we have several trips planned and I really can't commit until there are firm plans. I am having a new counter put in and shelves where I had the old oven and stove removed in Queenie. We plan to make the Princess into a permanent guest house when we move back to the mountains. Hope everyone is having a great summer!
Old 06-16-2010, 08:34 AM   #2823
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Going on a Big Road Trip

Peter and I are taking 10 days to get out to Edmonton -via south of the border. We will be travelling with our girls.

Does anyone know of some great places to stay. We are not big for the sardine scene. Preferably really dog friendly and shady spots near water if possible and golf courses.

When I put Peter on the plane home on the 17th I am going to take another 4 weeks to travel around in the west. But will save the West West Coast for another time. I wanted to tour around the area of the Rockies in MT then I would swoop down into the mid west and head home via my normal route.

Also does anyone know of good trout and golf RV Resorts that don't pack you in like flipping sardines. Or perhaps off road boondocking places you could recommend?
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 08:51 PM   #2824
1 Rivet Member

2008 25' Safari SS SE
Knoxville , TN
How wonderful to discover all of you out there! My dear husband passed away a year and a half ago...We had just bought our retirement AS/ a 25' Safari SE. I had pulled the 22' across the country but had never,never back up...OOH, not pretty, but am learning with practice. At times I feel comfortable and confident/ at others, I'm consumed with self-doubt. I spent last weekend in the Great Smokies / Elkmont campground and have plans for the Blue Ridge Parkway in a few weeks. I'm fortunate to have wonderful women friends who also have campers and are always ready for an adventure! Are there any 'women's rallies'?
Judy Edwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 09:26 PM   #2825
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Welcome!

JDE, Hi and welcome to our virtual campfire gathering. Not much has been going on here lately. I hope that that means that most of the silver sisters are out camping and having some summer fun.
We have had some women's rallies a few years ago. We have all had so many ups and downs that nobody has planned one in quite a while. Sometimes a small group of us gets together, and then other times we just meet at forums informal rallies all around the U. S. and Canada.We seem to be posting where and when we are going to be and hope to bump into each other and go camping.
We hope you will be able to stop by and visit our little campfire group again!
Lou
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 09:28 PM   #2826
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDE10 View Post
How wonderful to discover all of you out there! My dear husband passed away a year and a half ago...We had just bought our retirement AS/ a 25' Safari SE. I had pulled the 22' across the country but had never,never back up...OOH, not pretty, but am learning with practice. At times I feel comfortable and confident/ at others, I'm consumed with self-doubt. I spent last weekend in the Great Smokies / Elkmont campground and have plans for the Blue Ridge Parkway in a few weeks. I'm fortunate to have wonderful women friends who also have campers and are always ready for an adventure! Are there any 'women's rallies'?

Hi there! And a big Welcome....

It sounds like you are doing just great and such courage to keep yourself going after such a loss.

I wish there were more women's Rallies but it seems the H's always seem to want to tag along in some form or fashion which in my humble opinion changes the whole dynamic of the encouragement of women towing solo.

I have an impromtu opportunity to travel almost across NA to take H to a week of assessments in Alberta.

But on my way home I am stopping into the Outerbanks possibly - which will put me driving write through Knoxville. Late in the first week of August. I have a friend with me and possible two but only one airstream - would love to meet new Airstreamers whenever possible. Of course we all love to show off our sweet aluminum temp homes on wheels.

Just an update - on the reno - will be starting the sewing of the Lounge seating seat and back rest cushions this week. Hooking her up tomorrow to take her in for new shoes all round. Waiting on word on the damage $$$ for the aluminum laminating of the lounge Unit Peter made and hopefully it will be ready later this week.

I have a big chunk of my route planned out now.

H and I are going to do Mt Rushmore, then run all the way to Canada south of the border - gas cheaper and every penny counts Waterton Provincial Park, Banff and Jasper. I am then spending some time in Montana in the Kalispell area and Glacier National Park.

Spending some time in Denver and Colorado Springs area, last weekend of July and first part of August.

I am desperately looking for housing where I will be attending College, and the plan is to buy a vacant lot and put services in - build a small home in the future. For the winter I may have to pay rent for 2 months, as it will be too much hassle to try and over winter in the Airstream up here. We could have a mild winter but I think the way our summer is going it is quick and indicates we may have a really harsh winter - just my luck.

Anyone along the route from CS to Kansas City? always game to share some Airstream travel stories and a glass of wine or two...
Old 06-21-2010, 09:51 PM   #2827
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Really???

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT1963 View Post
Spending some time in Denver and Colorado Springs area, last weekend of July and first part of August.
Really????

Will our paths finally cross after all these years??? Please let me know your plans...we will be at the RMVAC Rally the 4th thru the 9th of August and preparing for it the week before, but would love to connect some time. Unless of course, you want to join us at the rally!

There's still room...

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 09:53 PM   #2828
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
JDE you just missed our Rivette rally in Michigan by a couple of weeks. We put out a call here in this thread and contacted others and we ended up having "Three for Tawas." We had a great woman's retreat.

tawas_point_state_park Photo Gallery by Carol Baidinger at pbase.com

Just post your ideas and availability and see who can join you. It's been a busy year and so many have been out camping in all different directions. We are glad you are out camping too and look forward to meeting more of our silver sisters just as soon as we can!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wecantowit.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	153.7 KB
ID:	105321   Click image for larger version

Name:	wecantowit2.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	259.2 KB
ID:	105322  

Name:	suz.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	206.2 KB
ID:	105323   Click image for larger version

Name:	Steph.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	191.7 KB
ID:	105324  

Name:	lighthouse.jpg
Views:	390
Size:	171.5 KB
ID:	105325   Click image for larger version

Name:	tawas2.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	190.1 KB
ID:	105326  

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 10:18 PM   #2829
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsideOut View Post
Really????

Will our paths finally cross after all these years??? Please let me know your plans...we will be at the RMVAC Rally the 4th thru the 9th of August and preparing for it the week before, but would love to connect some time. Unless of course, you want to join us at the rally!

There's still room...

Shari
That would be great to Connect up Shari. I will arriving in Denver July 29 hopefully. Coming down from Kalispell MT. Stopping in at Dianes. On the Sunday I have a friend flying in from Ohio for a weeks adventure in an airstream - Ha. I think we are planning to leave on the 4th - what rotten timing that I will miss the Rally.

When I get closer I will give you some details - just never know what is going to happen out on the road. I have 3 weeks of lots going on before I start to head south/east.

You know I think I have that plate still OMG my big BAD!!! No idea where it is but saw it not several months ago but where is the question.
Old 06-21-2010, 10:21 PM   #2830
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post
JDE you just missed our Rivette rally in Michigan by a couple of weeks. We put out a call here in this thread and contacted others and we ended up having "Three for Tawas." We had a great woman's retreat.
fab photos Carol - you three look like you had a great time. You know it never clued in - when you mentioned retreat I actually thought you had gone on some sort of retreat, but you were talking a women's rally. I guess I did not pay much attention as I was going to be away when you put the call out.

Too bad that my friend is flying home from Greensboro, I could have stopped in your neck of the woods MI.

I am very glad that I will once again get to see Dannie. And wow even Shari now possibly. Next summer if all goes well I want to make the big West Coast trip. But must get past this year first.
Old 06-21-2010, 10:31 PM   #2831
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Thanks Sharon. When we went North you went South to the factory and beyond! Maybe next year's Alumapalooza will gather us all together again in the corn fields.

Have a wonderful adventure and I envy you going West and meeting sisters from all over the country. Keep that camera handy and we will be watching your trip.

FYI, I believe we started calling it a "retreat" when we tallied up the participants.

photography
Old 06-22-2010, 12:28 AM   #2832
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
No biggie on the plate...even if you never find it, I'd still like to meet! I should be around when you're in town, I will be still recovering from knee surgery. I'm wedging it in between getting back from International and going out for RMVAC...I figure it'll give me incentive to get back up and at 'em!

Keep in touch - let me know when & where and we'll try to work something out!

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 06:57 AM   #2833
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Guess Im out of the loop. I never read anything about a retreat. Hmm, oh well.

Old 06-22-2010, 07:41 AM   #2834
Rivet Master

1957 26' Overlander
Currently Looking...
Saint Augustine , Florida
Hi Gals~ I am quickly popping by to say that I'm still paying attention, even though I haven't been posting much. I will update to say that I attended the 4 Corners unit Vintage Restoration Rally in New Mexico and WOW! If anyone has ever wanted to learn --well, just about anything-- when it comes to our aluminum rigs, then this rally is for you! Intense "classes", and I mean intense by way of the priceless information and hands-on introduction to the issues at hand. I am more excited and more confident than ever to start my resto!
Rae

AIR # 42703
TCT Member
TAC # FL~6
WBCCI # 1464

'57 Overlander thread:"the end of the rainbow is silver"
Silverfoxrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 09:28 AM   #2835
4 Rivet Member

2003 22' International CCD
Seattle , Washington
Send a message via MSN to JulianneJ
Quote:
You'll have backing up mastered in no time! I actually find it easier without "help", go figure.

Out West here we have 2 Silver Sister rallies a year in California, it is such an amazing time. I would love to see more happening all over the country. Someone just needs to step up and post a rally, think you'd be surprised at the turn out.

~Julianne

2003 International CCD
JulianneJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 01:27 PM   #2836
Rivet Master

1978 29' Ambassador
Walnut Cove , North Carolina
Carol. Great pics!
Old 06-22-2010, 01:44 PM   #2837
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by airedale View Post
Guess Im out of the loop. I never read anything about a retreat. Hmm, oh well.
Miss Rivette you are never out of the Silver Sisters loop, you have just been away a long time!! I am glad to hear things at home and in the family are looking better as in your recent update. Steph and I tried to round the girls up the week of May 2-7th right here in our posts. We had to choose Alumapalooza or Tawas. We went to Tawas, the same weekend you were at Alumapalooza, only I didn't know that until I saw your new avatar. Cool picture Laura. I saw you in the pictures and videos. I have ordered the three sets of the Long Long Honeymooners video blogs on DVD and they should be here any day. Wish I had met them!! You're a lucky duck.

Thanks Dannie. Even though we haven't met I feel like I know you from your posts and Sharon's and those pictures. One of these days I hope I meet you and Cats and the other silver sisters I have not met. I look forward to it. Right now I believe many are going to the Birthday Bash in New York, Laura, Cats, and Michelle, (thecatsandi.) Sharon is... well gosh... Sharon, I can't keep up except that you are out there traveling. You go girl!!!!

photography
Old 06-22-2010, 05:25 PM   #2838
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
I just got my new rubber shoes - well okay ModPod did. What a yucky day though - I managed to hook up and not 30 seconds later it poured with rain. Taz had her evil eye on me all worried that I was heading out again without her. So they came along for the short Road trip to the City for new tires all round.

Just waiting on the Lounge now and starting on the cushions tomorrow. It has been a while since I pulled out the sewing machine - ha not really since I did make the new curtains - which are working perfect and I love the new colour. I have been taking everything orange out and replacing with red. But with today's weather it is kind of poopy for spray painting.

Oh by the way Dannie I have been meaning to send you an e-mail to see if you might be around on my travels home from my big out west trip. I drop my friend off at the Greensborough airport on the 10th - I have to be home on Sunday August 15 - so it leaves me a couple of days open during the week if you are home...
Old 06-22-2010, 09:41 PM   #2839
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post
Miss Rivette you are never out of the Silver Sisters loop, you have just been away a long time!! I am glad to hear things at home and in the family are looking better as in your recent update. Steph and I tried to round the girls up the week of May 2-7th right here in our posts. We had to choose Alumapalooza or Tawas. We went to Tawas, the same weekend you were at Alumapalooza, only I didn't know that until I saw your new avatar. Cool picture Laura. I saw you in the pictures and videos. I have ordered the three sets of the Long Long Honeymooners video blogs on DVD and they should be here any day. Wish I had met them!! You're a lucky duck.
Well I didnt go to the rally for the weekend, I only went down for a day, but I guess I wasnt paying enough attention to the posts on here, I just never saw anything on here. Oh well, guess I learn my lesson. Life goes on.

Old 06-29-2010, 08:47 AM   #2840
Pet Sitter Extraordinaire

1989 33' Land Yacht
Chattanooga , Tennessee
Quote:
Welcome JDE! We have a rally twice a year at Georgia Mountain Fairgrounds in Hiawassee. Next one is October 22. Come on over! Everyone is welcome and we have a great tiime! The thread with the info is called Falluminum.

I'll be up your way the last week of July. I'm meeting friends at Adventure Bound campground in Gatlinburg. There is also the Dutchoven Rally the first weekend in October.

Come on out! We love to meet new folks. Kudos to you for learning out to back your trailer and going it alone!
kposey is offline   Reply With Quote