Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-18-2009, 05:10 PM   #2601
Rivet Master

1978 29' Ambassador
Walnut Cove , North Carolina
Sharon, With your creativity I know your solution is going to be terrific. I like your give me lemmons I'll make lemonade attitude. You know you are always welcome here-the church folks ask about you. LOl Hopefully if you come south we can spend some time together!
Old 11-20-2009, 12:46 AM   #2602
2 Rivet Member

1991 34' Limited
we will go with our hearts , Texas
knock their socks off Sharon... I like that idea
Victorialhq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 08:03 AM   #2603
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
piggies

The mean thing to do would be to turn it into a pig farm! Do they have rules to keep out agricultural entities? LOL!! You rock, Sharon!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 05:12 PM   #2604
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Not much of an update I am afraid. No pig farms or innovation. And no time to work on my great idea either - that will have to come at a more stable situation. Unfortunately we can not avoid having to put our home on the market.

I just might be looking at a part time marriage and full time Airstreaming.....

But more importantly I just wanted to wish all you Silver Sisters a great Thanksgiving - right about now you are all probably run off your feet and stuffed as much as the Turkey WAS to begin with.

Wishing you and your families all the best of health and happiness.
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 06:49 PM   #2605

1972 27' Overlander
graham , North Carolina
this is good reading, keep me posted
jan
Old 12-03-2009, 09:26 PM   #2606
2 Rivet Member

1991 34' Limited
not sure if this picture wll work but it is of my babies on the sofa that I was trying to put a cover on... but trying...

Here goes well it worked can't tell much though but still looks like a big casket with those drapes..gotta do something about that asap
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	zzzzzzzzzzz fixing her.JPG
Views:	141
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	92000  
Old 12-03-2009, 09:50 PM   #2607
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Hey Vee they look comfy cozy. It's starting to look like home.

I don't know how it would work but I thought covering the drapes with a sheer colored fabric with a texture of some sort might give a new look on the cheap and not be too hard to try. You can get new tabs and skip the pleats but they sure do help insulate.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 10:40 PM   #2608
2 Rivet Member

1991 34' Limited
Oh they are getting really comfy like they think this is a new adventure.

I found out real quick why the drapes go around the wall became a little chilly the other night after I ripped the suckers down ... but going back to plan A which I wanted to put insulation then fabric on the walls... but think I will try your idea first it would be cheaper and quicker. IKEA had some really cute sheers and at a nice price may just run back over there. almost raccoon time going to hide behind the awning and smack that thing
Old 12-04-2009, 10:55 AM   #2609
Rivet Master

1978 29' Ambassador
You get that critter!
Old 12-06-2009, 03:08 PM   #2610
2 Rivet Member

2016 23' International
Prairie Village , Kansas
I'm new - Bambi haulin' single mom

Hi, I'm a 40 year old Airstream lover, my two little girls (both in diapers) and I hit the road often and I have NEVER met another woman that pulls an Airstream trailer! I happened upon this forum after visiting my favorite website "silvertrailer.com" and dream of having my own Airstream park and run a photography company out of a vintage trailer. I need some Airstream dreamers to help me develop my plan! I also just want to caravan with a bunch of interesting and artistic women!!! How exciting and cool. I'm not sure I'll be able to finish my work today with all of the inspiration I've gotten today from these sites I found (I started out Christmas shopping online and wanted some Airstream themed gifts for my girls).

Write to me! I want to come to the rally in March, so I'll be working on figuring that out!!!!! Just a short drive from KS (with two babies).

Sheryl
iairstreamKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 04:10 PM   #2611
4 Rivet Member

2003 22' International CCD
Seattle , Washington
Send a message via MSN to JulianneJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by iairstreamKS View Post
Hi, I'm a 40 year old Airstream lover, my two little girls (both in diapers) and I hit the road often and I have NEVER met another woman that pulls an Airstream trailer! I happened upon this forum after visiting my favorite website "silvertrailer.com" and dream of having my own Airstream park and run a photography company out of a vintage trailer. I need some Airstream dreamers to help me develop my plan! I also just want to caravan with a bunch of interesting and artistic women!!! How exciting and cool. I'm not sure I'll be able to finish my work today with all of the inspiration I've gotten today from these sites I found (I started out Christmas shopping online and wanted some Airstream themed gifts for my girls).

Write to me! I want to come to the rally in March, so I'll be working on figuring that out!!!!! Just a short drive from KS (with two babies).

Sheryl
How fantastic Sheryl, so glad you stumbled upon us!

2003 International CCD
JulianneJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 04:19 PM   #2612
Rivet Master

1978 29' Ambassador
Welcome to the Silver sisters.
Old 12-06-2009, 05:32 PM   #2613
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Welcome!

Do we have a Mar. rally planned????? I must have missed that one! We have had a couple of rallies in Ohio and had a blast at both. You are welcome to join us here at the virtual fire anytime!!!
Lou
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 12-06-2009, 05:41 PM   #2614
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Hey Sheryl - there is always a big welcome to new silver sisters.

And your dosier sure sounds like a perfect fit.....I know I have had dreams of turning my place here into an airstream park, had ideas of running little Rallies. A huge fan of Photography and LOVE to travel solo - now my girls are of the furry kind but non-the-less a great combo for the road.

I have never been on a caravan but recently I chatted with some Ladies from the Ontario Unit and they loved the idea of just having a few small ones around the local area say over a weekend or midweek excursion.

Unfortunately with me life seems to get in the way of all my creative ideas - some get squeezed out when I can but most just stay upstairs for a new day.

I have a really good friend in KS - that I would love to head down there for a holiday - never been - so you never know maybe we will see each other down the road.

A big welcome to you from the sunny NORTH/EAST.

Do post some of your photos or a link so we can see - there are several photo buffs in the crowd and we all love a sweet photo of pretty much anything - especially during the winter months - where we can dream of places to travel when the weather warms up again.

Like how is this one...

Kind of neat - taken last winter in Monks Corner where I stayed for a few weeks - really nice people and neat place.

Name:	DSC_4677.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	316.1 KB
ID:	92146
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 06:01 PM   #2615
4 Rivet Member

2003 22' International CCD
Seattle , Washington
Send a message via MSN to JulianneJ
Western Women Silver Sisters Rally

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudruff View Post
Do we have a Mar. rally planned????? I must have missed that one! We have had a couple of rallies in Ohio and had a blast at both. You are welcome to join us here at the virtual fire anytime!!!
Lou
There is a rally discussion thread as well as an rvsp thread for our annual Western Women Silver Sister rally. This year we are going to Lake San Antonio in Monterey County, Ca. Join us...more the merrier!

2003 International CCD
JulianneJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 07:54 PM   #2616
2 Rivet Member

2016 23' International
Prairie Village , Kansas
Newbie questions

First, I'm trying to figure out how to post some photos. Ok, I may have it figured out.

Second, why isn't there a "group" called silver sisters? or is there? Shouldn't we create a group, and a facebook group and get Airstream Women all over the country (and world) to communicate with?

Sheryl
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_4671.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	92166   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4673.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	117.1 KB
ID:	92167  

Name:	IMG00382.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	743.0 KB
ID:	92168   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4449.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	407.2 KB
ID:	92169  

Old 12-06-2009, 08:08 PM   #2617
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Sheryl

There is a group called the Silver Sisters. Actually there are two groups. There is a western one and the one that has been posting here for the past few years. We have held several rallies and nicknamed ourselves. We even use Rosie the Riveter for our "mascot". This thread is our usual get acquainted/keep up with each other spot and we call it our virtual campfire. We gather 'round to share news and adventures and it has been going for quite awhile. The fire NEVER goes out.
Welcome! We hope you will keep us posted on your adventures!
Lou Woodruff=loudruff
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 12-06-2009, 08:31 PM   #2618
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by iairstreamKS View Post
Shouldn't we create a group, and a facebook group and get Airstream Women all over the country (and world) to communicate with?

Sheryl
Like your style Sheryl! YES we should! That would be very cool. How 'bout you get the Facebook group started if there isn't one? I never thought of it. I'd love to be part of a larger group of Airstreaming women!! I bet a lot of us would. But Lou is "Larita" aka Larry in curls, allowed to sign in?

Your pictures are great. I especially like the family shot with the Airstream. More pictures. we are as Sharon said crazy about seeing everyone's pictures!!! It helps us escape the frozen weather outside the door.

Hot chocolate ladies? I have marshmellows. Another log on the fire, ahh that feels good and warm.

Julianne, some day don't be surprised if some Easterners just don't make their way West and meet you all some day. I am sure it is on all of our wish lists. I know it's on mine!!! Make sure you post all the incriminating details with plenty of pictures.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 09:19 PM   #2619
Rivet Master

2005 22' Safari
Gresham , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post
Like your style Sheryl! YES we should! That would be very cool. How 'bout you get the Facebook group started if there isn't one? I never thought of it. I'd love to be part of a larger group of Airstreaming women!! I bet a lot of us would. But Lou is "Larita" aka Larry in curls, allowed to sign in?

Your pictures are great. I especially like the family shot with the Airstream. More pictures. we are as Sharon said crazy about seeing everyone's pictures!!! It helps us escape the frozen weather outside the door.

Hot chocolate ladies? I have marshmellows. Another log on the fire, ahh that feels good and warm.

Julianne, some day don't be surprised if some Easterners just don't make their way West and meet you all some day. I am sure it is on all of our wish lists. I know it's on mine!!! Make sure you post all the incriminating details with plenty of pictures.
I want to be included in the silver sister facebook, so don't forget to include me when someone has it started. Don't know how it works, but include me. Susan
sempi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 12:12 AM   #2620
2 Rivet Member

2016 23' International
Prairie Village , Kansas
I'm starting to get it

So, I'm curious how many ladies out there actually have their own Airstreams and hitch them up and hit the road on their own? I haven't met any women up until now, and I'm curious how common it is. I find it extremely empowering to have the freedom to do and go wherever I want (within the budget) and as long as I have the energy to do it with the babies in tow. I think that I was non-commital enough that having children seemed like a huge undertaking, or even a burden (before I had them) and I feel the Airstream balances out any feeling of constraint.

Do you all caravan together, take girlfriends, or guy friends, or lovers, or families? Chime in and let me know how you all use your trailers or rigs. Does anyone work out of their Airstream or are there any full-timers out there? I'm interested in who we have here in our forum and what their relationship is to their RV.

Happy to be here!

Sheryl