Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-07-2008, 08:54 PM   #2121
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Yup, she is my baby, Im driving my sister to Lila's first doctors appointment in the morning!
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 10:06 PM   #2122
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
OK Sharon

I am glad to hear that you are ready for your dental work. Still sounds pretty rough. I will keep you in my thoughts.
I have been fine. The doc says lose weight and watch my diabetes. She says it everytime. This time she did up my meds. I am trying but with the season comes all of the get togethers, which means temptation! Oh yikes!
I have been spending a ton of hours on my new friends at the nursing home. The doc told us that my mom is declining due to the advancing Alzheimer's Disease. Keep her busy and active as we can. So I have been going over there to work on Christmas cards and crafts...and of course I cannot say no to letting them all play with my "stuff" and teaching them how.
And I even have an older gentleman learning to crochet! More fun!!!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 08:40 PM   #2123
Rivet Master

1978 29' Ambassador
Walnut Cove , North Carolina
Sharon, Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Mouth surgery is not my idea of a good time. Hope it goes well and you heal very fast.

Sue, Can't wait to hear all about your baby. Do you sleep in the overhead over the cab? Glad the gas prices have come down-should make your travels more pleasant.
Old 12-09-2008, 07:30 AM   #2124
4 Rivet Member

2007 27' International CCD FB
Everett , Washington
checking in...

Hanging out today...Got a pot of Mokka Java to pass around. Also a kettle going for some tea...sugar? One lump or two?

Been back home at the condo since Sunday. Going for my knee MRI this afternoon. Will wait and see what the tech can tell me if we decide to return to the airstream or not. I know the extra hour in hubby's commute (each way) is killing him. Knee is still swollen and kinda locked into a certain position (no pivoting), but the ambient pain is gone. I only get pain when I overdo and move it wrong. That's a good sign, right?

Loudruff, I've been trying to teach myself to crochet. Only project I can really tackle is a potholder. First one turned out; second one looked funky. I can't get consistency. Working on third potholder now. I'm to crochet what Ellie Mae Clampett is to cooking.

But I keep trying! Things turn out kinda wonky and lopsided like the throw I'm working on (made with love?). I have a question. When you start your chain do you count the first loopover as your first chain? I need to come up your way after the snow melts. Been away from Ohio too long (lived in Toledo 22 years ago), and not used to snow...LOL!

Dannie, I added you to my reader...

Dare I be optimistic and pack stuff up to head back to the airstream tonight?
WBCCI #4018

Just call us Jean & Bill :-)
HankandLois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 08:54 AM   #2125
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Two lumps please Louis, thank you. And how about a nice hot cinnemon roll? Always nice to bake and get together for a coffee clutch to warm up the kitchen and spirit.

Such rotten luck and timing to have twisted your knee. I hope they get it mended in short time. Knees are so tricky.

Your potholder and throw look great! What yarns did you use? It looks nice and heavy for the throw and nice colors. I love to crochet too but Lou is a great teacher and crocheter. I saw a filletcrochet piece she did and it was perfect and so detailed.

Cool on the blog front. I love that song and those lights too! I enjoy following people's blogs. You do a great job of it. Did I already mention about that chicken being on my list to try?

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 10:04 AM   #2126
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Quote:
Originally Posted by HankandLois View Post
Loudruff, I've been trying to teach myself to crochet. Only project I can really tackle is a potholder. First one turned out; second one looked funky. I can't get consistency. Working on third potholder now. I'm to crochet what Ellie Mae Clampett is to cooking.
But I keep trying! Things turn out kinda wonky and lopsided like the throw I'm working on (made with love?). I have a question. When you start your chain do you count the first loopover as your first chain? I need to come up your way after the snow melts. Been away from Ohio too long (lived in Toledo 22 years ago), and not used to snow...LOL!
tonight?
Thanks for the nice compliment, Carol! I love to crochet! And teaching is fun too. I am having a good time with my "oldsters" at the nursing home. They are nice folks who have incentive to learn NOW!
Lois, you do not count the loop on the hook when you are counting the chains. If you have internet you can find lots of good lessons in crochet on YouTube. Here is one that shows chaining.
If you type in "crochet+how to" in a Google search you will find lots of videos that some nice people have done to show you exactly how to do it. It is wonderful! I taught myself through books and pictures and many hours of watching my gram do the repetitive motions. It has such a wonderful rhythm when you get going. Very calming! Wish you were closer by, I would love to see your work and get you going. I think the wondy quality is due to the tension that you are putting on the yarns...too loose or too tight. You correct that by how you hold the yarn. The above link will show you one way to hold it that usually works for beginners. Maybe we will bump into one another one of these days in warmer weather. I live in a small town sw of Cleveland by about 30 mi. We DO have courtesy parking! Although I know with painful knees you aren't coming north in the snow!
Lou
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 12-09-2008, 12:02 PM   #2127
4 Rivet Member

Everett , Washington
Lou, I've watched video upon video... I even have books. I'm going to keep trying. I know that sooner or later it's going to happen. Practice makes perfect...right? LOL!

The yarn for the throw is Lion Brand Homespun -- color: Regency. It's soft and fuzzy.

Thundering down here... dark and rainy. Perfect for snuggling.

CJ, thanks for the blog compliment. Which chicken recipe? the spatchocked one? YUM! If you like feta try the feta theologos as well.
WBCCI #4018

Old 12-09-2008, 12:07 PM   #2128
4 Rivet Member

Everett , Washington
Oh Lou, had an old roommate from Strongsville and tons of college buddies from SW burbs. I'm an old BGSU grad from 1984.
WBCCI #4018

Old 12-09-2008, 12:09 PM   #2129
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Yes that's the one. We have never cut a chicken like that and seasoned it and grilled it sounds divine. We've roasted a few cornish hens though. And I did copy the feta recipe too. When's lunch gals? I'm started to drool.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 04:34 PM   #2130
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Omg....

I am just in and have been out all day guess what doing...

But hey I feel GREAT!!! - this is the first time I have gone all day with all sorts of energy and stamina is back.

It is nice to feel tired from doing exercise. Now of course I could do without all this bloody snow.....it snowed from about 11:00 last night and all day today and now it is raining. We had quite a bit on the weekend too but we were away in the City so I had over a foot to clear.....And with the new drive doubling the length and a very tired old machine (not me the blower tee hee) I have to let it rest once and a while.

Not the greatest pic - I had the camera in the Bunkie and it got all fogged up tee hee...
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1806.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	169.8 KB
ID:	72435
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 09:59 PM   #2131
Rivet Master

1978 29' Ambassador
I think I need some Bailey's in my coffee tonight. I'm going to have nightmares about mice s____But at lest 92% of it is now in a vaccum bag. I posted pictures in the gallery under 1965 Ambassado. Look at them and feel free to comment or send your sympathy. I haven't quite fiugred out how to include them in my post-I'll tackle that another day.
Old 12-09-2008, 10:32 PM   #2132
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Ewwwwwwwww

Mice are not nice! Make sure you scrub YOU down when you get done with that! Ick and ewwwww!!! Looks like trailer with lots of potential. Stick with it! She will be beautiful before long!
Lou
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 12-10-2008, 02:35 PM   #2133
4 Rivet Member

Everett , Washington
" Last edited by danalee; Yesterday at 10:59 PM..Reason: spastic fingers"

I hate it when that happens
WBCCI #4018

Old 12-10-2008, 04:04 PM   #2134
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
ozark , Missouri
Very nice

Beautiful ....Just beautiful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT1963 View Post
I am just in and have been out all day guess what doing...

But hey I feel GREAT!!! - this is the first time I have gone all day with all sorts of energy and stamina is back.

It is nice to feel tired from doing exercise. Now of course I could do without all this bloody snow.....it snowed from about 11:00 last night and all day today and now it is raining. We had quite a bit on the weekend too but we were away in the City so I had over a foot to clear.....And with the new drive doubling the length and a very tired old machine (not me the blower tee hee) I have to let it rest once and a while.

Not the greatest pic - I had the camera in the Bunkie and it got all fogged up tee hee...
Attachment 72435
76sovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 07:05 PM   #2135
Rivet Master

1978 29' Ambassador
Hi gals, Hope everyone is doing well this evening. I wanted to ask if anyone is familiar with a rally or gathering in Floyd, Va? We live about 45 minutes away and it might be a good place for us to start out.
The Silver Princess had a good bath today the first one in years, I daresay. She is looking much spiffier and her insides smell good. New pics tomorrow!
Old 12-10-2008, 10:37 PM   #2136
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Hey Dannie

Your 65 if gorgeous - you have such a great place to start with her restoration...

Perhaps you should look at LadyBugs initial pictures - OMG! Looks like Charles Manson was doing her for an ART show LOL.

PS Guess what I have that you just might be in need of....if your fridge is working - I have an extra shelf - I see in your picture you are missing one...

Pop me your address in a PM and I will send - No Charge girl - that is just the way it is around here with those little hard to find items...You will have to give me some time though - it might be a tough one to find right now in our mess of parts still all tucked away in boxes - but I will definitely find it by Spring.

I love the wood - hope you will try to restore rather than paint - but that is just my opinion - each to their own...
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 12:48 PM   #2137
4 Rivet Member

Everett , Washington
Going stir-crazy here... been taking it easy at home to rest my injured knee...

Got a call from the doc. It's bad, but good news... I'll take it, considering...
Torn meniscus (interior part) and rough cartilage behind the knee. Good news is that he's not wanting to do surgery (YAY!) and said there is a good chance it will heal on its own. We just need to play it by ear.

So no squats, deep knee bends, and I gotta take it easy with the stairs... I'm okay with that. Hope to be reunited with my silver baby this weekend. I'm missing it!
WBCCI #4018

Old 12-12-2008, 02:57 PM   #2138
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Thumbs up Words of encouragement...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HankandLois View Post
Got a call from the doc. It's bad, but good news... I'll take it, considering...
Torn meniscus (interior part) and rough cartilage behind the knee. Good news is that he's not wanting to do surgery (YAY!) and said there is a good chance it will heal on its own.
Hang in there...Mr. InsideOut had a torn meniscus rear it's ugly head this summer - the surgery was not so bad and the recovery only took 2-3 weeks. So even if you have to "get it fixed" don't fret about it too much. I've had a longer recovery with my whiplash for which there is nothing that can be done.

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 05:20 PM   #2139
Rivet Master

1978 29' Ambassador
Lois, That is good news now just don't go and stress it by running laps around your AS. Seriously, take it slow and easy so it heals well.
Old 12-13-2008, 07:57 PM   #2140
Rivet Master

1978 29' Ambassador
Been busy, got The Silver Princess ready for the holidays. I posted pictures in the gallery. Had good news, we found a trailer guru who came by and told us that our windows are not the orginal and the leaks have been fixed. He was very impressed by her exterior condition. Our goal is safety first, functional and frugal!!Please check out my blog on Humzoo.com/dannie/ Hope everyone is having a good weekend!