Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-03-2008, 08:37 PM   #1841
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Is anyone wanting to have a rally in Mackinac anymore? If so, i would love to hear, I can start planning so I can get the time off work!
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 10:13 PM   #1842
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Larrita's favorite recipe

Hi there! I guess you will just have to make some more of Larrita's little goodies. Soften one pkg. of cream cheese, mix in 2T. of jam...strawberry goes with strawberry slices, raspberries are good with a little raspberry on the top. Blend thoroughly, and then dollop onto Lorne Doon (sp?) cookie, place the berry of your choice on the top. Voila!
Enjoy!!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 09:48 AM   #1843
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Dexer , Michigan
Thank you for the cookie recipe! My friends will be very glad to have these treats this weekend.
Teresa
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 09:30 PM   #1844
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by airedale View Post
Is anyone wanting to have a rally in Mackinac anymore? If so, i would love to hear, I can start planning so I can get the time off work!
Hey Girl....

Yes I am still looking at heading up the Bruce Peninsula and over the hump to MI Mackinac area - but I have a problem with the early date and would be able to attend if it were 25-28th of September - Colours will be beautiful and the Ferries are still running until first week of October. I will be solo this trip.

I might be able to squeeze the 19 - 21 but would have to take the whole day on the 18 the to get there - it is already 6-7 hours to Lapeer and then I would have that trip up to the Mack still to make on the Friday. (it is a possibilty - and I would just do my trip backwards. But an awful lot of driving which would tire me right out for the weekend and then I would be a grumpy old biotch)

But hey - if you throw out some dates and see what all might be doing then if the common date stands that I cannot make it then I will catch the next one.

The weekend of September 11-14th is out for me.

The Mack is a great spot - have no problem with the place whatsoever!!

I hear by a little birdy that one of the "Charter Rivette Members" will be celebrating a Birthday late September - always a real good excuse for a huge Birthday Cake don't ya think?
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 09:41 PM   #1845
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Im trying not to go in October, too cold if we are going to be right on the lake! Im wanting to keep it to Sept, and I think I asked off the 11-14th already, however, if we need to go the weekend's after that date, then ill have to check with my work and see if anyone eles has it off, because if so, i cant do it on that weekend.

Old 08-06-2008, 06:44 PM   #1846
4 Rivet Member

2003 22' International CCD
Seattle , Washington
Send a message via MSN to JulianneJ
What a great Rally! One of the best things in life I did on impulse was to go get my girl "Lucy" 2003 International CCD. I had never towed anything in my life but I don't believe there isn't anything I can't do if I want it bad enough. It has taught me so much. And everytime I hit the road I learn something else and pat myself for getting off the sofa to experience life Airstream Style. People are quite shocked when I pull in and get settled. The last spot I was at two women had an arguement whether I was alone or not (sisters) one mistook my Great Dane sitting in the back seat for a passenger. LOL.

2003 International CCD
JulianneJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 07:58 PM   #1847
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Hey Juliane - nice trailer

We just got our 05 22' CCD I went to pick it up myself. I was a bit nervous as I was so used to towing the little ladybug - only 7' wide and I can see right through to the back and did not need the towing mirrors and she is much lighter.

So the first 20 minutes was a little serious - but as soon as I got my barings with the tow vehicle to the lines - I was all set as to my new fat AS staying between the lines.

I wondered about my bit of a bounce - did not feel really tight - turned out my shocks were spent - so with new heavy duty shocks on the TV she rides just fine with our late model GMC Yukon.

We are about to head out on our first long trip or extended vacation - okay long for us anyway - 3 weeks out East.

I hope to take lots more little trips - solo to get in some sites around Ontario and do some fall photography.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:08 PM   #1848
4 Rivet Member

2003 22' International CCD
Seattle , Washington
Send a message via MSN to JulianneJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT1963 View Post
Hey Juliane - nice trailer

We just got our 05 22' CCD I went to pick it up myself. I was a bit nervous as I was so used to towing the little ladybug - only 7' wide and I can see right through to the back and did not need the towing mirrors and she is much lighter.

So the first 20 minutes was a little serious - but as soon as I got my barings with the tow vehicle to the lines - I was all set as to my new fat AS staying between the lines.

I wondered about my bit of a bounce - did not feel really tight - turned out my shocks were spent - so with new heavy duty shocks on the TV she rides just fine with our late model GMC Yukon.

We are about to head out on our first long trip or extended vacation - okay long for us anyway - 3 weeks out East.

I hope to take lots more little trips - solo to get in some sites around Ontario and do some fall photography.
You will be a pro in no time! I lived in Downtown Seattle and you wouldn't believe the areas I towed her threw!
Have a wonderful time on your trip. Longing for fall here! One thing I miss about the Pacific NW.

2003 International CCD
JulianneJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 06:18 AM   #1849
Be Not Afraid JMJ + AMDG

2008 25' Safari
Quiet Green , Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by loudruff View Post
Hi there! I guess you will just have to make some more of Larrita's little goodies. Soften one pkg. of cream cheese, mix in 2T. of jam...strawberry goes with strawberry slices, raspberries are good with a little raspberry on the top. Blend thoroughly, and then dollop onto Lorne Doon (sp?) cookie, place the berry of your choice on the top. Voila!
Enjoy!!
Yummy! Thanks to this recipe, I now have the most delicious and easy treat to bring to rallys, potlucks, etc. They are always the first to go and I am going to start doubling the recipe

I have done strawberry, raspberry and blueberry so far (whatever fruit is in season and on sale). I put the blended cream cheese into a ziplock bag, then snip a bit off one of the corners so I can just squeeze it out onto the Lorna Doone cookies, one tray at a time.

A little bit of sour cream and brown sugar added to the cream cheese (no jam), then topped with a strawberry slice, would be tasty. I'll have to try that next.

Could NOT be easier or more delicious! Thanks!

AIRSTREAM Life

"Color delights my spirit"
Roamin Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 07:27 AM   #1850
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Anyone eles? A Rally? Yes or No?

Old 08-08-2008, 08:16 AM   #1851
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roamin' Cat View Post
A little bit of sour cream and brown sugar added to the cream cheese (no jam), then topped with a strawberry slice, would be tasty. I'll have to try that next.
That sounds great too! We are glad that you are having lots of fun with this recipe! When you get the cream cheese, brown sugar, sour cream thing working you will have to post the proportions for that. Sounds yummy!

Laura, Larry and I are "back to school" by then. We are the concessionaires at the local high school and volleyball will be in full swing by then, so we will be busy trying to raise bucks for the band. We will have several weekends, but probably won't be traveling far. Sounds like fun though. We have some secret camping spots on the UP side of the bridge. Very pretty places.
Lou
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 07:17 AM   #1852
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Smile Just back from the south! I'd love to rally!

Quote:
Originally Posted by airedale View Post
Anyone eles? A Rally? Yes or No?

Count me in!
Old 08-11-2008, 07:40 AM   #1853
Be Not Afraid JMJ + AMDG

2008 25' Safari
Quiet Green , Connecticut
surgery date finally set

Quote:
Originally Posted by tin sista View Post
Count me in!
I'd love to join you all, but will have to wait for another time. Hate to miss out on the fun!

My son's epilepsy surgery and brain tumor resection has FINALLY been scheduled for Sept. 17th. He has final pre-op testing on the 15th. I am hoping he will be recovered enough for a little trip in mid to late October. Stay in the hospital is expected to be about five days.

The tumor appears to be benign, his seizures seem to be coming from the targeted part of the brain, and his memory and language are mostly on the other side of the brain (one more test soon to confirm this), so all in all he is in great shape to have an excellent outcome. The surgeon (a top doc from Boston Children's) conservatively expects 60 - 80% that M will be seizure and med free, with the possibility of one more surgery to get to 100%.

M has a great attitude about it all and just hopes the surgeon will give him a piece of his brain in a jar as a souvenir! He'll be 15 in a couple of weeks, can you tell

AIRSTREAM Life

"Color delights my spirit"
Roamin Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 09:46 AM   #1854
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
welcome back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tin sista View Post
Count me in!
Hi Steph!..How was your trip?
codybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 03:56 PM   #1855
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Laura, Brad and I would like to go to Macinack. We were planning to go to Wilderness State Park in the fall already anyway. If the dates work, we'll be there. We will be trying to catch the fall colors for sure. Perhaps going to the Porkies in the UP and maybe Wisconsin's Door County again, one of Brad's favorite places without having to go too far from home. This is a regular forums rally you are planning this time isn't it?

Cat hope all goes well with your son's surgery. Keep us up to date, you'll both be in our thoughts.

Paula and Steph, you both are back from trips too right? Oh and I have to post some pics of London. (Hey I went to see London but I didn't see the queen! LOL)

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 06:46 PM   #1856
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Well, What dates are good for everyone?

Sept 18th-20 I have TCT, So that is out!

Old 08-12-2008, 06:56 PM   #1857
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Where's the TCT? Dearborn? Did you go to the spring TCT? That is cool.

I think we are pretty flexible at this time. Just thinking later is better than sooner and trying to space out the rallies. I'll need rest from the MD August rally!

Why don't you start a Macinack rally thread if its open to menfolk. They may not be reading the silver sisters thread.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 07:31 PM   #1858
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
okay, ill have to do that tommarrow, Yes the TCT is in Camp Dearborn, I havent been to the sping one because I always go to a Ham Radio Convention that same weekend, so the fall one is the only one I can make!

Old 08-13-2008, 01:53 AM   #1859
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Sleepless days and sleepless nights....humdedumdedum.....
Well at least tonight I have the internet to keep me busy - the other night I stuck ipod in ear cause I could not get the closet open to get a book to read cause Haily was in the way...

Cat wishing you and your family all the well wishing for a successful surgery... I will send as many good VIBES as I can - I can not imagine what it would be like to have to wait through your sons surgery.

So Laura is the 25-28 an option then - Looks like you and I are now out the same weekend. Or are you still considering the early weekend. But if we keep it out of October that is good for you too....hey come on in the ModPod if ya get cold - that little heater sure does pump out the heat.

Have it on now as I type - has dropped into the low 60's....with the wind and fog right now.

Hey Steph - how was your holiday....did your camera hold out for you - or did you break down and get a new one? Gone backwards lately in your Kayak.....still think of our nice warm trip down the river - sure could use some of those days on our holidays right about now. We have had 3 days of straight rain thus far....and it does not look any better for the rest of the week.
Old 08-14-2008, 08:23 AM   #1860
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
So is the Sept 12-14 is out of the picture then? I have that off, but Im thinking last weekend in Sept or first in october? Which one is best for everyone? Im just worried it will be cold any later than these dates. I would really like to hurry and get a date down, so I can ask it off work!