Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-22-2008, 07:24 AM   #1961
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Carol they look AWESOME!!! Do you have any of the rally?
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 07:47 AM   #1962
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
I can upload the rally pictures soon to pbase gallery. Most were posted on the Mackinaw City Rally thread. Here's a few teasers.

I really should take a picture of the Rally Ho! trivia board game that kept us up at night, lol. Now if we could get little Airstreams instead of SOBs for markers, it would be the perfect rally game.

Thanks for the praise, you are too kind. Always great to visit the silver sisters thread and catch up on everyone and have a virtual slice of pizza. I got extra cheese here. Who needs another?

Sharon got wine? Laura how about those margaritas?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1855.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	293.7 KB
ID:	70047   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2004.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	148.5 KB
ID:	70048  

Name:	IMG_1876.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	232.0 KB
ID:	70049   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2107.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	243.6 KB
ID:	70050  

Name:	IMG_2049-3.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	210.6 KB
ID:	70051   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2081.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	249.6 KB
ID:	70052  

Name:	IMG_2094.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	234.8 KB
ID:	70053   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2121.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	231.6 KB
ID:	70054  

Name:	PICT0011.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	125.6 KB
ID:	70055   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2118.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	251.6 KB
ID:	70056  

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 08:02 AM   #1963
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
AWW the caravel with my new map!

Old 10-22-2008, 08:16 AM   #1964
3 Rivet Member

1972 29' Ambassador
Currently Camping , Pennsylvania
Nice map, Laura! Looks like you need to plan a trip up to Alaska

Mmm & tailgate BBQ?
BrockLives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 11:37 AM   #1965
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by airedale View Post
AWW the caravel with my new map!
Now where the Heck is Canada on that Map - how can you stick ON when you get invited to a Rally here?
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 11:41 AM   #1966
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post
.......... Always great to visit the silver sisters thread and catch up on everyone and have a virtual slice of pizza. I got extra cheese here. Who needs another?

Sharon got wine? ............
Oh yum I was looking forward to the slice in the fridge but Peter ate it - so the virtual piece will do just fine...

Big negative on the wine too - but surely could use some today. Take the Chill off....

Getting real close to getting my butt out there to winterize the ModPod
Old 10-22-2008, 12:08 PM   #1967
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
heading out

Larry and I are headed out to Findley SP tomorrow and staying through the weekend. It is only about 20 min. from home, but I will have to pack a few more warmer duds as they say it will be rainy and cold. Snowing by Mon. perhaps! Ick!!!! Wannaroam and ctdair are going to join us over there. Wish you were all coming along!
Carol, I am sorry to hear that Brad is having a problem. What is that all about? We hope it is not something that will slow him down for long. Our best to him.
Lou and Larry
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 12:30 PM   #1968
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Baby it was cold outside this morning in the 20s and frost. Brr but you should be warm in your woolies and Airstream. Have fun at Findley. We hope to get to Ohio the end of this month or perhaps the beginning of november, mother ship time and maybe a tour. Besides Hocking hills have a recommendation?

Brad has pulmonary embolisms and will be on blood thinners to reduce further clotting. He was in the hospital for five days mostly in ICU. He is home and right back into the swing of things. So glad to have him home!!! He was ready to climb the hospital walls being that sedentary.

photography
Old 10-22-2008, 07:29 PM   #1969
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Hi Carol,

Wowww!!!..what an experience for you and Brad..glad he's back home and back to his activities..best wishes to him!
codybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 11:09 PM   #1970
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Flashback

Hey BrockLIVES...

Name:	DSC_7330.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	127.6 KB
ID:	70102

How are you keeping?

How is your baby AS coming along with her renos?

Will you be pulling out over the winter or is she put to bed for the chilly season.
Old 10-22-2008, 11:28 PM   #1971
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Lou you must have some Canadian Blood in you for getting out camping in this weather!!!

I am getting "old" today it felt like the absolute middle of winter - so cold I said forget it I am staying in my warm bed all afternoon!

We had bittersweet news today with Mom - her rehab is going great and they had the team meeting with the family this morning. They have targeted a pass home in two weeks and permanently home within 3 weeks - that was huge news. Then of course the other hand drops and takes the wind out of the sails.

Her PD (peritoneal dialysis) is not working so they are going back on HD (hemo dialysis). If she refuses then she will not be allowed to go back on PD and it will be her choice to let her life expire in the time it takes for the toxins to overload - this is a horrible juncture in our lives.

All we can do now is support Mom and hope that she will choose the HD and give it time so that she can work that into her life. We are all set at home with full support systems for her now to give both Dad and Mom the assistance they need with supplemental care of course from Peter and I. I will be taking on the afternoons of her HD - this is going to be very trying.

In the midst of it all - Lou & Larry you will be interested in this one...The lot from Hell! is back. After a deferral from Oct 7 the council deferred the meeting again this time from basically a GAG order given to the council because they received a letter from the opposition that was so sever in implicating the process with slanderous content!!! They have turned this fight into a war - Peter and I and the family are not prepared to go to war. So we have lost our dreams, livelyhood and a home for my parents - this was a huge things for us and we are at a loss as to our next steps to recover our losses of 4 years of this man fighting our simple application to build a small home by the lake. So we have to retain a lawyer one last time to advice the direction and options available to us on the application as it stands now. It looks like the council does not have the balls to render a decision so they will choose to not render a decision thus it will end up at the OMB for another hearing at $10,000 a day - we just don't have the money to fight this many any more!!! this is not right - it is so unjust and we have no recourse unless you have the money to do it.

So that is that and I am glad that we can finally move this (although it won't be fast) at least we have made the decision to "move on"!!! Life really throws you some punches sometimes - but I want this man OUT of my life - he has been a nemesis for far to long and the cause of much heartache and conflict within our family.

Now maybe we can get back to AIRSTREAMING and having FUN in our lives.

Time for both Peter and I to be Unleashed and Lovin' It!

Now if I could just get my new life plan set so that I can get out of her during the winter months I would be a very happy little International CCD camper
Old 10-23-2008, 09:01 AM   #1972
3 Rivet Member

2008 20' Safari SE
Thumb Area , Michigan
UP photos

Geez Carol your pictures of the UP are spectacular!!

What camera and format do you use, and what computer software to manage them?
uluwene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 12:30 PM   #1973
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Thanks Nancy. Nice to hear from you.

I shoot mostly with my Canon 40D in camera raw format and use a variety of raw developers mostly Adobe Lightroom (for management too) but sometimes Capture One or the native Canon DPP. Now if I would learn the camera and get perfect exposure I wouldn't need to post process and I could shoot in .jpeg and remember to get the right iso turned on. But I love monkeying around with photos on the computer. If I am not out camping and snapping I can relive the experience with the captured memories.

How about you? What are your tools? Are you keeping up with your blog and pictures? How about posting some and maybe a bonus story.

And thanks Paula and Lou. Brad is somewhat remarkable. I believe his doctors said amazing more than several times...it's me that can't keep up with him!

photography
Old 10-23-2008, 03:46 PM   #1974
3 Rivet Member

2008 20' Safari SE
Thumb Area , Michigan
Hi Carol,

AHHHHH - the Canon EOS 40D explains it. My elder daughter also has a high end digital camera with which she shoots in raw format and then works with them on the computer. Hers are awesome also.

My poor little 4mp Olympus just cant keep up.

I have done some catching up with my blog but the story of our trip to the south west last spring is not yet quite finished. Maybe I will find time on a rainy Saturday to finish it up.

We spent 10 days on a trip to Sleeping Bear Dunes in September, and there are pictures in my Picasa photo albums.
uluwene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 05:27 PM   #1975
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Nancy, your daughter has such a great range of photography. What a nice gallery. I see she has done serious work.

But my favorites are your scenics and closeups of flowers like the lilies and irises. Very pretty images. I like the quiet subjects. It's not the equipment but the photographer...your Olympus is working out very well from the quality of your great shots!

Duncan is a water dog I see. Our new Koa loves the water too. Looks like you and Richard are keeping busy and on the move to adventures in your Airstream. Hope we get to camp together some time.

photography
Old 10-25-2008, 11:02 AM   #1976
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
So what is everyone doing these fine days I am sure lots are either getting in their last Rallies of the season or for some already well on the way to winterizing with threatening warnings of snow storms all around us.... this was thursday so we have had fair warning that it is coming

Name:	DSC_0804.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	187.1 KB
ID:	70191

Today is a rainy yucky day. My Mom loves Bread Pudding. I was going to bake yesterday but always something gets in the way if it is a nice day out to prepare for winter. And taking deliveries of the preliminary supplies for the foundation of the new garage.

After a quick step outside to see what was up...

Name:	DSC_0831.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	266.1 KB
ID:	70192 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0834.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	307.1 KB
ID:	70193
We have a bit too much aggregate in the way and the corner swinging around the garage was a bit shy in space so that was a good substitute of material - two more trees down (dead and dying cedars) and we have plenty of room. Peter just has to pull and level the aggregate ready for the garage floor to be poured now and he is working on the cement block - if it ever stops raining.

Name:	DSC_0826.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	289.5 KB
ID:	70195
I got the grass all laid down between the new garage/drive and house and much of the gardens sorted for winter - a few more to go. Got the LB tidied inside ( she is acting as a bit of a shed for some of the things that need protection from the winter like my new bike and Dad's Lawnmower I moved her beside the Overlander while we will be building the garage I fear someone at some point will hit her so she is safely tucked away now - until the garage is up and she can go inside along with ModPod.

Our good health has returned just in the nick of time to get things done - now if we can just pace ourselves....and get through this winter un-scathed!!!!

....So I thought heck why not Bread Pudding indoors in the warmth!!!! and a visit later with the big surprise - so a double batch of Bread Pudding is baking as I type.

Name:	DSC_0838.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	127.9 KB
ID:	70194

I follow somewhat the recipe in the Joy of Cooking book - but use hot cross buns and english muffins along with what ever other buns or bread I have. I don't use the stale stuff - eeuuu yuck. I skip the meringue and just whisk the egg whites and pour on top of the pudding. I use 2 cups of milk and 1 cup of the fruit cocktail and also dice up an apple. No nutmeg and sub cinnamon instead. It is such an easy recipe bake at 350 for 45 min and Yum. I can post the full recipe if anyone is interested.

Still playing with my music and might be working toward doing something constructive with it but has not come to me yet I am working on a new album called Increments of Life Some of the songs are available here for free download.

Increments of Life - Black Widow

This site offers it's own player so you can listen straight or download for later - if you scroll to the bottom of the page it lists other songs on the album - thus far or click on my name for all the compositions I have listed Some may stay and some may not - and never know if I will finish either....If you like to find new music this site is a great place to hang out and see what talent there is out there - many of whom will never ever make the charts but their music is so insightful and charming, some of it fun, some of it way out of this world and bad for the ears nevertheless a good listening hole....

Besides looking for a new house for Mom and Dad, considering a new breed of puppy for the parents - specifically for Mom's coming home present, dealing with lawyers and idiot neighbours Life is Great!...and will be even better when I can yank the Bread Pudding and share it with you all around a cozy - electric fire indoors cause I ain't sitting out side in this weather

So who has had a chance to sit in our new digs yet???? I'm thinking Sue's find was perfect eh for this winter....perhaps we can start decorating it with all the different crafts and talents we have among us...

Best wishes for everyone in safe travels for the snowbirds and extra hugs for those having to go through life's trials and tribulations....
Old 10-25-2008, 11:35 AM   #1977
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Los Alamos , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post

Brad has pulmonary embolisms and will be on blood thinners to reduce further clotting. He was in the hospital for five days mostly in ICU. He is home and right back into the swing of things. So glad to have him home!!! He was ready to climb the hospital walls being that sedentary.
Wow Carol! That had to be scary. I am glad he is home. He needs to take it easy for a while....... Tie him to a chair or something.

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 11:43 AM   #1978
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Pass a plate and cream please....

......dig in gals

Name:	DSC_0840.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	124.9 KB
ID:	70196
Old 10-26-2008, 01:08 AM   #1979
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Wow!

I read this evening (or is that this morning) that one of the Silver Sisters is now a bona-fide WBCCI celebrity and has excelled beyond "Rivette Queen" to 2nd VP of the Metro Detroit Unit.

That is excellent! Laura Congratulations! - You will do great and what an inspiration to all those younger Airstreamers and woman too!

You have it in you to think outside the box. Think of all the obstacles people in their 20's to 30's even 40's face that prevent them from enjoying and participating in rallies and caravans and start tearing those obstacles down one at a time by example.
Old 10-26-2008, 07:21 PM   #1980
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Thanks for the support Sharon