Old 02-04-2008, 12:34 PM   #1317
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
That winter rondezvous rally in NH early March sounds like a blast. Snowtubing on Saturday and a pj party. Not sure when marlo is having the baby but I sure would like to go to that rally. The cabins look great and can share at 86 dollars a night. They are not rustic and have all the creature comforts. Good WBCCI group that one.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 12:45 PM   #1318
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
No I have never tried to make it. You are a fan of sports like me then, lol. Which Shirley Temple movie was it? I am a fan. And I love movies...and popcorn!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really don't eat all day long I only think about it all day long.
Good Morning Carol,or is it almost noon!..I have a 3 dvd collection of Shirley Temple: Bright Eyes is the one I was watching..such pathos and drama for a little tyke like Shirley..

Old 02-04-2008, 01:10 PM   #1319
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Had to do a search to familiarize myself with that one. First time Shirley sings on the good ship lollipop. I seem to remember the doll scene though, was pretty tough. Always the little orphan girl with a heart of gold, have that kleenex ready! What spirit she had!

photography
Old 02-04-2008, 01:20 PM   #1320
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
I have the Hiedi with Shirley Temple in it, its my favorite movie with her.
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 05:00 PM   #1321
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Me too! "Grandfather!" I have had a soft spot for snow globes ever since I saw that movie as a child. Laura you like old movies? Ever see The Little Princess or Little Miss Marker with Shirley Temple? Those are more of my favorites. Then Blondie and Dagwood movies, and Ma and Pa Kettle. LOL

photography
Old 02-04-2008, 05:49 PM   #1322
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
I too have Heidi and a small collection of snow globes!!..also have the autobiography of Shirley Temple..not all sunshine and lollipops in her personal and starry young life.
Old 02-04-2008, 06:39 PM   #1323
1 Rivet Member

Houston , Texas
i wanna go! in my virtual airstrean --- count me in...
I am going to a rally this week to check it ut and look for something for sale.
Jane
Old 02-04-2008, 07:06 PM   #1324
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
I like older movies, i have some, but all I ever want is DVD's for my birthday, I have about 30 on Amazon I want right now, but yea, I like older movies!

Jane, good luck with the hunt!

Old 02-04-2008, 10:20 PM   #1325
1 Rivet Member

Houston , Texas
Sigh *** thank you airedale... going to a rally in Montgomery this week to check out all those silver teasures.
coolll.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:27 PM   #1326
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Your Welcome, dont worry, you wont find the Airstream, the Airstream will find you!!

Old 02-06-2008, 07:57 AM   #1327
3 Rivet Member

1972 29' Ambassador
Currently Camping , Pennsylvania
Morning girls! Been awhile since I popped in. I've been busy shopping and directing the reconstruction on my shiny little land-zeppelin. Things are in much better shape than I thought - how often does that happen!? I'm so stoked!

We're on to running the plumbing. I've got an antique brass bath & shower fixture on its way to me, & will be tub shopping soon! Pictures to follow as soon as they arrive.

Wow, Codybear! I want some of that tiramisu! Any left? <3
Old 02-06-2008, 08:22 AM   #1328
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Such a busy week with all things considered and of course here nothing is easy...

Lots of paper work to get ready and then take off in the Yukon - but she aint' going anywhere...bad cables and in dire need of a tune up so Tow Truck had to come and take her away.

Left with the Yukon Mini as I call it - the Canadian Version of Mr. Bean little yellow Austin Mini - the GMC Tracker

Oh my is that a small car on the road. So of course it is snowing a storm here now just when I have to do some major running around - will have to flip the 4x4 on as it is useless in the snow with 2WD. She is a little looker at 18 years old - some fella had her as their Toad to Mexico - this will be the first time she has been driven in the snow - poor little thing.

I trust you laura just done't eyeball anything inside the LadyBug for fueling purposes to the fire

Hey Brock - goodo on the restoration - can not wait to see the pictures.

Friends of ours had themselves an Ambaxssador - called her Amy - had some issues she did but a nice size.

Quant - have fun at the Rally - take your camera and take lots of pictures - for ideas as well as for review - when you start looking you will get silver fog - meaning they will all blur together and you will get confused as to this model and that - I swear there is no two Airstreams identical out their in any year Like little custom homes.

Carol and Cody - ST - was my Saturday Morning Ritual!!! and every where I went I had to have a Shirely Temple drink tee hee. The little flick with her and the General or Kernel was it in India was a pretty good one - she always made the grummpy old men smile. Little Rasscles and The Kettles followed then it was the list of house work to be complete - got to love those Saturdays as a young girl and the parents that had me shapped into a dust bunny cleaning queen

Hey that NH Rally tubing does sound like fun - not much of a drive from here - Hey all you cabin mates - take the short cut - no trailers and drive up my way - overnight and then into NH - what a hoot I could only imagine what no good you all would get up to if we bunked in. I am see some major goose feathers flying around those cabins....oh wait I am over 45 now right so that means - well not sure - do we have to behave at this age now???

What it would be like to have a full size Star Trek Transporter room - so that you could make all the rallies - without the long long drives - you think they will ever come up with a shrinking machine...

Tossing a few logs on - and will share my Sherry I got for my B-Day - but it has to be at least 11:00 before we have a little nosh up okay...house rules
Old 02-06-2008, 12:50 PM   #1329
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrockLives
Morning girls! Been awhile since I popped in. I've been busy shopping and directing the reconstruction on my shiny little land-zeppelin. Things are in much better shape than I thought - how often does that happen!? I'm so stoked!

We're on to running the plumbing. I've got an antique brass bath & shower fixture on its way to me, & will be tub shopping soon! Pictures to follow as soon as they arrive.

Wow, Codybear! I want some of that tiramisu! Any left? <3
Good morning!..sure, I seem to never run out of desserts!..just pass your plate..or should I scan it and email it to you..going to go make some chocale chip w/walnut cookies..got that sweet tooth for sure
Old 02-06-2008, 12:56 PM   #1330
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
OK, your killing me here, I want something sweet to eat now!