Old 01-21-2008, 08:37 PM   #1275
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
CAROL, WHERE DID YOU GET THAT WE CAN DO IT statue? I WANT ONE!!!!!!!!!

Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 08:35 PM   #1276
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Great photos Carol! Thanks for sharing the sunshine with us!!

Nice to see Paula and Michelle too! That bobblehead is awesome, I think you can find them online Laura...I'll pm you some sites if I can dig em up!

Old 01-26-2008, 10:51 PM   #1277
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
thanks Steph!!! Thoes are so sweet!

Old 01-26-2008, 11:03 PM   #1278
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Thanks Steph and Sharon. Had a good time. Laura that is Michelle's bobblehead. I thought it was very cool too!

New grandson due in four weeks or less Talked to my daughter today and she was just packing her hospital bag. I think we talked the ears off grandpa who was on the line too with our baby talk. This will be her first. So now a trip to Wisconsin to make my introductions is in order.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 11:06 PM   #1279
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Congrats, t minus 4 weeks and counting!

Old 01-27-2008, 06:23 PM   #1280
3 Rivet Member

2008 20' Safari SE
Thumb Area , Michigan
Hello again!

Carol, Congratulations on almost being a grandma!!

And now I am going to chage the subject. I have not been on the forum for quite some time now. But when I got an email today, from the forum, saying this thread had been updated I could not resist returning. When last I pulled a chair up to the camp fire here we had just gotten our little Airstream and were planning our first long trip out west. After the trip I started Bloging. My Blog started out as a travel-log of our trip and very quickly wandered around to other mental meanderings. If anyone is interested in just the travel part of my Blog you can go to this link here. If you are brave enough to wander through my mind you can go to the home page and explore all that has been posted here.

We are in the process of planning our next long trip which will start with a visit to my brother in Springfield, Missouri then on to my husband's nephews in Wichita, Kansas. Then we go west to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon and southern Utah to see the sights. Especially Bryce, Zion and Arches. We fell in love with National Forest Campgrounds in Wyoming and Montana last summer and hope the experience will be as delightful this spring. We are not sure of an exact departure date from Michigan but think that it is probably smart to wait until after Easter since it is so early this year. We expect to wait on the weather to determine our exact departure date. We expect to be gone April and into May.

If anyone has done spring camping at the north rim and southern Utah any suggestions would be welcomed. We are not crazy about RV parks. They tend to be pretty pricey and the camping sites are too close to each other for our comfort. We are planning to spend at least 4 weeks and want to have time to just enjoying the camping. We will be traveling with a Golden Retreiver pup who will be a year old in May.
uluwene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 09:27 PM   #1281
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Come see us in Mackinac Nancy!!

Old 01-28-2008, 09:06 AM   #1282
3 Rivet Member

2008 20' Safari SE
Thumb Area , Michigan
I am out of the loop - when are you going to be in Mackinac?
uluwene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 09:10 AM   #1283
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
We are looking at the 2nd Weekend in Sept.

Old 01-31-2008, 08:16 AM   #1284
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Hi Nancy. Glad to hear from you. How are you two doing with that nice new Airstream of yours, traveling all over I see from your post and blog. Nice pictures. I especially liked seeing the burrows and the flags at Mount Rushmore, and your self portrait was very cool!

So your electicity is out? We wondered what happened at Wal-Mart to have the street closed off and Brad said he heard someone say a bad time for a fire on the phone. Your personal blog had all the breaking story details. Privileged and your Irises another favorite. We have shingles off with all that heavy wind, gusts to 60 mph according to Brad's weather station mounted on the roof, and Brad is off to buy nails this morning to repair it.

Thanks for the congrats, I have only to wait for the call and away I go.

Your trip at Easter sounds great!

I am in dire need of a fix of Silver Sisters or rivettes long before September so I hope we get together or have a spring rally. I hope, I hope, I hope. Gotta be some ladies with coats out there.

How about you Southern and Western sisters, the weather is not stopping you is it? What have you been doing or have planned?

photography
Old 01-31-2008, 11:21 AM   #1285
4 Rivet Member

1967 22' Safari
Santa Barbara , California
Gettin' our silver on!

Hi Carol, and all the other Silver Sisters out there -

Yippee! I love this time of year when everyone starts itching to get in their silver time capsules and launch themselves into the great outdoors!

Your Western sisters are hard at work planning their March rally. I do so wish we could someday 'meet in the middle' for a grand ladies rally. I can see it now, caravans of Rosie Riveters from all corners of the US. Wally would be proud!

Sending Silver xxoo's ,
Old 01-31-2008, 12:59 PM   #1286
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Hi Meredith your Lake Casitas rally is looking like a lot of fun and that menu is impressive, worth the trip across country just for that, but I am dying to meet you all some day. Let's do that Grand-D-AM(e) Rally of the West and the East one day. Until then I have a secret confession to make and that is that I played California Dreaming several times on the way home from Florida through the snow and cold of Ohio and Michigan. We have not made it South West enough to California and that will just have to change!

Have a rip roaring time and know we are wishing we could be there. I like you watercolor of the Airstream. What a wonderful painting to have.

Silver xxoo's right back at you gals and don't forget to tempt us with your pictures and adventures. We'll be watching for them.

photography
Old 02-02-2008, 01:43 AM   #1287
4 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
, Michigan
Send a message via AIM to eikel1we
Rivet

Quote:
Originally Posted by airdrmr
Hi Carol, and all the other Silver Sisters out there -

Yippee! I love this time of year when everyone starts itching to get in their silver time capsules and launch themselves into the great outdoors!

Your Western sisters are hard at work planning their March rally. I do so wish we could someday 'meet in the middle' for a grand ladies rally. I can see it now, caravans of Rosie Riveters from all corners of the US. Wally would be proud!

Sending Silver xxoo's ,
Actually, Wally would probably doodie his drawers That was a really different era if you know what I mean....and there's still carry over today.

Meeting in the Middle would sure be fun wouldn't it! Keep us posted on your plans.

sue
2004 GMC Yukon XL 2500
Michigan - "middle of the mitt"
eikel1we is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 01:58 PM   #1288
1 Rivet Member

Houston , Texas
i am so pleasd to be apart of this thread. Lucky to find you all. As a reminder , i am lookng for my forst Airsteam. I am divorced and wil be traveling alone with my dog so I will be needing your support and ideas. I have so many questions! I am not going to be realy lose and ready to travel until i Install my daughter in College next August but there is alot to do to get ready for that . i am looking for a 200-2005 ish international 19-23 feet if you know of one.... and do you think that i will be able to hook and unhook it by myself? Thanks girls for being there.
Jane mason