Old 01-10-2008, 11:51 PM   #1261
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
OK, so locations, and dates, ideas... please...anyone

Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 09:28 AM   #1262
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Wow Sharon that's some aquarium you've got there, so do you Canadians use glass aquariums for livestock watering

Old 01-11-2008, 09:01 PM   #1263
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Hey Steph - sure - Us cannucks use glass troughs for the cows. In the winter we put fur coats on the cows too - would not want them to get cold and run down...Love the movie Twister - Their'd be cows!!!

Okay for those who have been following the long trip of RED TAPE and beaurocracy TODAY we received a unanimous decision for approval of the 7th House plan submitted through 3 Minor Variance Hearings within our township that has taken over 3 years!!! to get through.

We have 20 more days to wait to see if any of the "little" opposition people are going to appeal it to what we call here the Land Court. Not quite Civil court but they are as officious and serious as the high court.

Anyway we are on top of the world right now - and keeping our fingers crossed. this coming week will be busy submitting our building permit and several other permits that are required.

Not sure if I posted this before - but this is the lot with the proposed house super imposed - it has been moved about 10-15 feet to the right now - but I am sure you get the drift.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tamarack Artist Ren.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	267.3 KB
ID:	52420
Old 01-12-2008, 06:01 PM   #1264
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
You know I've been kicking myself for buying that lousy fishbowl for the gold fish when I coulda used the horse trough and save a couple bucks!!

Sharon wow! That is so sweet of you and Peter to do all that for your folks!! You deserve major kudos!!
Old 01-12-2008, 07:42 PM   #1265
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
What a gorgeous site for a home...your lucky parents to have you two to wage the battles! Best wishes for smooth paths the rest of the way ~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 01:37 AM   #1266
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Thanks Steph and ~G for the nice comments.

Since I do not have any relatives save one cousin from my side of the family here in Canada - And Peter has never been really close with his two sisters and neither I with my only brother - Peter and I have spent a great deal of our "family" time with my parents.

We used to take a lot of our vacations together - golfing and timeshare vacations to the south as well.

They have always been there for us - and helped us whenever we have been in need.

They provided for a super amount of opportunities for me when I was growing up and support in my sporting, education and employment ventures.

The four of us have a lot of fun - and now our time is getting limited and every opportunity we can spend time with them will mean the world to us. And what a better way than to have them really close - but not like in a neighbourhood - but in the country - one up on the mainland and one down by the water - the absolute best of both worlds....

Someone upstairs has watched over us so so so many times to keep us safe, together and helped us through some pretty tough health issues.

This is three pictures I have stitched together. To give you an idea of the area in which our lot it located. It is taken from a little rock outcrop island out in the Bay - and that Bay is the most southeasterly Bay of Stoney Lake.

Our lot is at the mouth of a finger outlet - you can see our Blue Cruiser on the left. The Large house you see is the Doctors Place to the North of our proposed location. And the dock beyond us is our neighbours to the south.

Name:	Bay View to Lot copy_2.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	52448

This process that we have gone through (and sorry to say it is not quite over yet) we have had to show a lot of restrain - always taking the high road - refusing every step of the way to retaliate to the oppositions mud slinging. And believe me we have been dragged through it - to the point of tears! Their actions have been slanderous. Their approach through malicious, frivolous, even deliberately lying that have caused weekly and monthly delays.

We dread - once we clear the 20 days - what nightmares we will be up against when we start to build.

We spent most of today studying the Ontario Municipal Board appeal procedures and the Provincial Planning Act. With this process we are not putting it past these people that they will be malicious enough to submit an appeal even when they know they have no grounds for appeal - it will be their attempt to further delay us and hope that we will give up our determination. If they do appeal, our course would be to request a demand Motion - to call for a Dismissal without Hearing. These people barked up the wrong tree with Peter and I. They have no idea how thick family BLOOD is.

We have a very complex process to obtain minor variances here in this province. Each variance has to meet 4 key tests set forth by the OMB - they must meet the general intent of the Provincial Planning Act and Comprehensive Zoning By-Laws. In addition each variance must be deemed minor in nature and be reasonable for the development of the land.

To give you an idea how frustrating our process is - on our 6th house design and our 2nd hearing - the Township called for their own Planning engineer to comment on our submission in regards to the 4 tests. A 7 page report was prepared - stating that we had MET all the tests - and in addition the issues that had been brought up by the opposition - were not justified. And still the COA - DENIED the application. This is a common practice of Local Committees where the emotions are high and issues sensitive they hand off the difficult decision to the Province. And leave the applicant high and dry with NO support - and no one in their right mind appeals to OMB when you do not have the support of the decision making committee. So the previous hearing left us with no alternative but to resubmit a completely new plan AGAIN - That denial cost over $10,000 more dollars and almost a further year delay!!!! The committee had the power to work with the applicant to come to an amicable compromise - but we were not given the time of day.

And prior to that - the comedy of errors....our first hearing - was heard by X committee - they were missing a member - thus only left 2 members including the chair that does not vote unless in the situation a member is missing - The opposition lawyer showed up and dropped a 20 page epistle on a divisional court case the day of the hearing!!! but the applicant has to have all their documents in 2 weeks before the hearing - now how fair is that? - Basically he tried telling the committee how to do their job. This scared the country folk so they deferred the decision - and used the excuse of a site visit as the deferral. Next we were notified that the committee make up changed in between meetings and because of the our sensitive application with such unjustified opposition the township was advised by their lawyer that the Whole notification and hearing process had to be repeated!!!! another 2 month delay and an opportunity for the opposition to fuel a mob development over our application.

And this is just what kind of "day" it has been for 3 years now!

But at the end of the day it boils down to pure greed jealousy, because they were not us - who happened to be in the right place at the right time to buy a lot with a million dollar view on an fabulous lake in the Kawarthas. The opposition had every opportunity to purchase the lot for themselves - but they did not - we did!

Sorry for the long......wind bag spew - it is nice to vent and who else can I vent with but with my silver sisters......

A few more...

Name:	DCP_7089.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	80.5 KB
ID:	52454

This is taken just above the dock looking out into the bay. You can see that little rock crop island just behind the Birch Tree

Name:	DCP_7616.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	52455

This will be the view from my Mom's Bedroom!!! - Dad has his up in the loft above her and will have an even more spectacular view. The great room will also enjoy most of this view - but will also be looking through the trees you see to the right of this picture.

Name:	DCP_8091.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	52456
And this one is taken from our south property line. Our dock and boat is very protected and does not stick out into the inlet like sore thumbs like all the other docks - but then according to the opposition it is our dock that is impeding the boaters - coming from the mouth of the person who owns the dock that actually does impede the boaters.

Name:	DCP_9996.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	52457

The natural vegetation has grown tremendously from this picture the sumacs are huge! giving us lots of privacy but still we can great views. The dock is tucked behind the little pine at the edge in the middle of the pic.

I am sure I posted some of these years ago can't remember now...
Old 01-13-2008, 10:10 AM   #1267
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
As one who feasts on water and pine, I'm speechless, Sharon. I don't know how you happened upon such a heavenly place to live and share with your parents, but surely you will succeed. I'm toasting you with my mug of coffee and Bailey's this morning, looking forward to your post announcing the first dig for construction this summer ~G
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Old 01-13-2008, 10:51 AM   #1268
Upgrading piece by piece

1967 22' Safari
Jackson , Wyoming
Sharon, just gorgeous!

Georgia, is it 5 o'clock there already? :-p
Gotta get some work in before it's cocktail hour here ...

Jo
Old 01-14-2008, 12:48 AM   #1269
Upgrading piece by piece

1967 22' Safari
Jackson , Wyoming
Umm, I didn't mean to ruin the party. I like Bailey's ... and "trash can punch" in the Bubba keg ... and cosmos in real crystal stemware ... and any wine ever made ... and the occasional beer ...
Old 01-14-2008, 08:46 AM   #1270
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Great photos/nice post Sharon! What a lovely spot for a picnic table too!
Old 01-14-2008, 08:47 AM   #1271
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Stella, three deep breaths...slowly...now, okay? I think we must have all gotten busy yesterday following your post. (I was so bored with cold January that I started moving furniture around all over the house to my husband's dismay. Show's how desperate I become in deep winter!) I'm not much of an imbibber, but I love a dollop of Bailey's in my morning coffee, and I really enjoy a glass of ruby merlot with dinner. I'm glad you've joined us around the campfire here where you'll find that we have so many different tastes and challenge each other to try out some new ones too! ~G
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Old 01-14-2008, 11:39 AM   #1272
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Hi Stella;

I have a terrible habbit of jumping in post and run....If I do not discipline myself I would spend ALL Day on the forums, in the chat room and Pming people to death....so it is nothing personal.

I pretty much drink anything until it makes me sick - nope just kidding on that one.....

Very excited right now and can hardly contain myself - so many things to think about and we have so many projects on the go...I think I need to clone myself and Peter for the year of 08.

Thanks Steph on the pics - they are nice to take when you have a great subject. Unfortunately my pics I took last year and the year before I lost through iPhoto - you should see the growth now and all the plants I put in and shrubs down that path. It is like a jungle and the wildlife just love it. We have lots more to landscape and have lots of ideas but the priority now is to Act as the General Contractor to save the Parents a few bucks. It is not all that hard - you just have to be organized. And since we are building one of those pre-constructed type homes - where they build off site and then install on site - which also save huge on waist costs and on site construction polution. You save at least 20% on the cost of building a new home.

With the wiring and plumbing - we are doing all the grunt work and then pay for the plumber and electrition to do the hook ups and the extra inspections - this is better than paying an electriction to drill holes through the studs at $65 bucks an hour....Lots of economic cost saving ideas - and soon we will be able to implement them....

Poor LadyBug she is going to have her nose put out.

I am waiting on measurements for the sport model 08 shower stall - before I can finalizae LB's layout - and when Peter has time he will work on the cabinetry and framing. Must update my LB thread sometime too - although not much has happened in the reno - but the ideas and adventure down the drive was funny

~ G and all hope one day you guys might venture up here for a holiday.....Peter and I just planned 3 actual Trailer Pads with 30amp and water hookups out by the garage - it is pretty and private over there too.

Hey ya'll care to join me at the pic nic table - we can have a winter fire.....
Old 01-21-2008, 02:29 PM   #1273
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Sure was nice to see some of my Rivette friends at the Can Opener Rally in Florida. Hey Paula, your wine Suxx, how about bringing it over here. (OK I just had to play with that name ) Anyway Michelle and Paula and I made a pilgrimage over to Camping World in Paula's new truck and a nice lunch on the Gulf after the rally was over, and Michelle and Brad and I went to Seaside to take in the sights and grab a bite at Pickles the local sidewalk cafe and a gelatto later. It sure is nice to get out and meet with one another at any and every opportunity. here's hoping the new year brings many of us together often. Cheers ladies...ahem, Paula the wine please.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_7761.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	102.4 KB
ID:	52942   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7880.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	282.0 KB
ID:	52944  

Name:	IMG_7884.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	103.2 KB
ID:	52945   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7937.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	162.6 KB
ID:	52946  

Name:	IMG_7969.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	169.0 KB
ID:	52947   Click image for larger version

Name:	Michelleps copy.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	178.6 KB
ID:	52948  

Name:	IMG_7892-Edit.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	185.1 KB
ID:	52949  

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 02:49 PM   #1274
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Oh yum I am drooling!

At the wine.....
At the nice cool monster Red Truck!!
At the beach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
At the ice cream
At Michelle your serenity of sitting in possibly deep thought???
At Paula your smile is just far too Happy - was it the wine or was it the gleeming Red Beauty

Carol Fabulous Pictures....and nice to have a familiar voice at the campfire....hope your travels have been great and you have had and still having a nice time out there.....

Have nothing today for show and tell gals - but a few more logs to add to the fire - we are in a cold snap right now... - and You all know I have wine to share.....

OH PS - the new sport model shower will fit the LadyBug - so it is great news - we can move forward on the new layout......

I do have a pic of Annie and I and Peter and Marvin on the tandem bike infront of a 1961 Pacer at the Toronto International RV Show - but my DSL is down and I am on the pathetic dial up we have up here right now - coming tomorrow to give me a new line so I will catch up then....

Have a great evening all....