Old 01-31-2007, 11:22 PM   #113
Rivet Master

1963 19' Globetrotter
Laguna Beach , California
"Thanks Sharon!"...hmmmm..(getting up from the fur rug on the floor in front of her fireplace...) I think I'll check out that chocolate in the frig, It's pretty good when it's a bit 'chilled'....(opening the door...look of GREAT SURPRISE! "OH!...I see she has a few really yummy leftovers squirrelled away in the back...hmmm...just a little 'taste'...she won't know!!!! covering up the little tell tale finger lickin smooosh...back to the chocolate....Yes....and back to the warmth of the fire, "Yes, nice and cozy here tonite....."

http://www.debraschottfineart.blogspot.com
Babeebloos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 11:51 PM   #114
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
Los Osos , California
*tosses a couple more logs on the fire and scoots over next to Debra hoping she'll share some of that chocolate...otherwise it may be a grab and run *

Sounds like we may need a week or two for our rally...so much to do, so little time! You can never get enough girl time or enough time to just relax.

Old 02-01-2007, 08:21 AM   #115
3 Rivet Member

2008 20' Safari SE
Thumb Area , Michigan
Good morning silver sisters!!

Sretches - Stirs up the virtual fire and adds a couple of large logs.

I Shiver and wrap a wool tartan around my shoulders to ward off the chill on this bright sunny +20*f. moring. As I watch the birds coming to the feeders I wrap my hands around a cup of steaming hot cocoa.

Cardinals, chickadees, juncos, a pair (male and femal) of red bellied wood peckers, blue jays, house finches, both white and red breasted nuthatches, titmice, house sparrows and LOTS of fat mourning doves. Hmm I half expect the Coopers Hawk to come take her breakfast from among the fat doves, it has happend before. As long as the hawk does not take the red bellied woodpecker she is welcome to feed at the bird feeders. Of course I have no say in her choice. I watched a male Cardinal have a very close call with the hawk one summer day.

Earlier this winter when I investigated a loud bang that I knew was a bird hit on a sunroom window I found the female red bellied head down in the snow bleedingfrom her mouth. I turned her over so she was not on her back, brought her inside, and held her quietly between my hands to warm her up and fight the shock she was suffering. It took a couple of hours or more but she eventually recovered and when I released her I gladly watched her fly strongly away into the red cedars in the hedge row. I was not sure if she had truly survived but I have seen her several times now with her mate and am gratified that this year the male did not loose his mate on the window like he did last year.

What a glorious winter moring - but I am glad to be INSIDE looking out
uluwene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 09:11 AM   #116
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
....Stoking fire......so that is where all our birds have gone for the day - MI. Must go out and fill the feeders - smart little critters they are - going where the food and fun is.

As mentioned we are going on a road trip SOON. Carol does not know this yet but she gave me an Idea!

What about an RVF Luncheon?? What the heck is this gal talking about you say.....

RIVETTE VALENTINE FLING - open to of course Rivettes but DUDETTES (Yep guys that would be you) and the RIPPLETTES ( as I just mentioned to Tin Sista in a PM this would be referring to the little refelctions of their parents like ripples in the water.)

Okay to the point - We are traveling through MI and IN hopefully during a 4 day flash in the pan in and out so to speak. I will be in dire need of some Rievette Vibes to get me through the rest of the winter.

So instead of everyone trying to hook up in all different places - what a bout a (Carols idea) Valentine Fling - possibly the only time the fellows would be most welcome And those with kiddies won't want to miss out either.

I can see a Restaurant somewhere??? with a booking of x - x time frame and one or many show up - this restaurant is located at or very neat to a "resting" place hotel or motel or something hmmmm talk to Carol on that score. I'm thinking a Saturday so that those who work can enjoy - afternoon so those with children can have fun too and the stay over so those Rivettes who like to GAB can go all night long - and let the Hubbies doing the driving home.

Putting the idea out there - not much time to get anything too fancy arranged but the whole point is I have no clue what's available. But I do know that our furthest point is Lowell IN - Lake County and hopefully we will be there on the Friday am thus leaving us the Saturday to hook up with the Sistas and families. Get the overnight in and use the Sunday for the Travel day home - need about 9 hours from the Mid way point (between IN & MI) to get home.

so anyone in for a Rivette Valentine Fling - the non-virtual kind?
Old 02-01-2007, 09:54 AM   #117
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
Could you stop by here on the way there? Just a short detour out of your way...
WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 10:08 AM   #118
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Ha ha you funny girl - I will once I stop in to see the gals in California. So it might be late Sunday

Ooohhhh Annie have to don the winter clothes and get too on the driveway have about 4-5 inches I have not cleared and don't want the ruts in the drive - have to keep the snow cleared off MoonBeam too as we start to think about moving her for her last ride with us .

Keep your eye out for an old wood plane propellor for me on your "dumpster diving" trips.... Can you believe this Annie - all these crazy Americans love junk TOO and here I thought we would not fit in with the crowd. I'm heading to an auction with Barb tonight I think - we need a junk fix or some sort of fix!!
Old 02-01-2007, 10:26 AM   #119
Rivet Master

1968 24' Tradewind
Eureka , California
LOVE the Rivette-r decor scheme!! And glad there's a caravan of you gals headed to my warm state of CA for Valentines, it's so thoughtful!!

As to the topic of dumpster-diving... I NEVER pass up a free piece o' %$#*, as hubby affectionately calls my finds, (till I tweak them). But the dumpster girl in me started way back when I was around 8. My step-sister and I were living in Idaho and spending the days outside mostly, and many of them in the neighborhood dumpster. We found many things to decorate our dog, bikes and wagon and had many parades. But one day we found a kitten (probably the neighbor's) that we tried our hand at caring for... the best food we found in that dumpster was bananas, so she left us... but it sure was fun!!

Speaking of free.. we once rode our bikes to the cemetery and collected all those free fake flowers people just leave everywhere...
Old 02-01-2007, 11:49 AM   #120
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6921
....Stoking fire......so that is where all our birds have gone for the day - MI. Must go out and fill the feeders - smart little critters they are - going where the food and fun is.

As mentioned we are going on a road trip SOON. Carol does not know this yet but she gave me an Idea!

What about an RVF Luncheon?? What the heck is this gal talking about you say.....

RIVETTE VALENTINE FLING - open to of course Rivettes but DUDETTES (Yep guys that would be you) and the RIPPLETTES ( as I just mentioned to Tin Sista in a PM this would be referring to the little refelctions of their parents like ripples in the water.)

Okay to the point - We are traveling through MI and IN hopefully during a 4 day flash in the pan in and out so to speak. I will be in dire need of some Rievette Vibes to get me through the rest of the winter.

So instead of everyone trying to hook up in all different places - what a bout a (Carols idea) Valentine Fling - possibly the only time the fellows would be most welcome And those with kiddies won't want to miss out either.

I can see a Restaurant somewhere??? with a booking of x - x time frame and one or many show up - this restaurant is located at or very neat to a "resting" place hotel or motel or something hmmmm talk to Carol on that score. I'm thinking a Saturday so that those who work can enjoy - afternoon so those with children can have fun too and the stay over so those Rivettes who like to GAB can go all night long - and let the Hubbies doing the driving home.

Putting the idea out there - not much time to get anything too fancy arranged but the whole point is I have no clue what's available. But I do know that our furthest point is Lowell IN - Lake County and hopefully we will be there on the Friday am thus leaving us the Saturday to hook up with the Sistas and families. Get the overnight in and use the Sunday for the Travel day home - need about 9 hours from the Mid way point (between IN & MI) to get home.

so anyone in for a Rivette Valentine Fling - the non-virtual kind?
It's Love, Sister Love, say

Sister Love's Traveling Salvaging Show

Pack up the babies and grab the old ladies

And ev'ryone goes, 'cause everyone knows

Sister Love shows.

Coming to a location near you. Share that Valentine's love.

(OK may need to do some fast figuring here gals, any ideas?)

Nancy what a gorgeous morning you just shared, must be the morning meditation and exercise we did, or was it all that chocolate we cleared out from Sharon's fridge last night when everyone else was sleeping.
Old 02-01-2007, 12:01 PM   #121
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Smile I'm up for the Valentine fling thing!

Carol I just love Neil Diamond, Hot August night!! What a great rendition!

Anyplace or time is fine by me! Whatever is easiest for others. I will be there for sure....

Another alternative to consider, our house is available to stand in for the restaurant/hang out if folks want to come this way.
Old 02-01-2007, 12:27 PM   #122
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Just in from an exhilerating BLOW Snow blowing session that is - the real kind that falls out of the sky - sistas get your minds out of the gutter...

MEDIC MEDIC is there a Doc in the house I think Carol has gone over the edge of sanity - you might want to pick up Tin Sista aswell - offering up her house - do you have any idea how many people just might say - what the heck we drive in this white stuff everyday - the roads a cleared bone dry for the kiddies school buses everyday - why not leds do a road trip. And the Hubbies might just say - yep you know "the little misses could use a break - a nice outing - see the sistas have a good meal and hmm I might even get some brownies for the idea of Honey would you like to stay the night at.....okay Carol Jump in what is that place or chain of places again.....I don't want to put it out there as the sistas might think I am a braisen woman - and I think since you are part way there you can have the crown or should I say tiara - OG my spelling is brutle and no time to take it to a spell check - I'm just the fly by the seat of your pants kind a gal.

My cheeks are rosie and the lungs full of fresh air - but the sun is slipping behind some threatening clouds now so we better get that fire pumped up and some logs split. Re-load the fridge (someone take a trip to the Chocolate Factory and the wine store please) it seems my fridge has been cleaned out!
Old 02-01-2007, 12:47 PM   #123
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
Love your singin' there, Carol. I've got my tunes cranked up this morning too. What say we share our playlists. Here's what I'm kickin' around the camp to:

Minnie Driver - Everything I've Got in my Pocket, and Hungry Heart
4 non-Blondes - What's Up?
Dixie Chicks - Not Ready to Make Nice
Josh Ritter - Wolves, Me & Jiggs, Harrisburg
KT Tunstall - Suddenly I See
Anna Nalick - Breathe(2AM)
Cake - Guitar Man
Carly Simon - Let the River Run
Bonnie Raitt - Angel from Montgomery

What's on your playlist?
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 01:00 PM   #124
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Jamie, I love 4 non blondes "what's up!" Sharing playlists is cool idea. Dixie Chicks Bonnie Rait Now I am in a music mood, let's get this rally party started! We'll sit at the campfire later tonight. For now let's crank up the tunes. Where's my cds?

Sharon we have accommodations in Lapeer, yup, you got the one and then you got the other. Lapeer, Michigan MI - Hotels, Motels - See All Discounts

Hey silver sisters what's your home town?

Lapeer, Michigan 48446 - InfoMI.com
Old 02-01-2007, 01:02 PM   #125
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
jamie that is quite the play list - I either live in a box or I am from another planet - I don't half of them - but then I just listen to songs never been one to take who's singing it or even what the words are...I am turning into my Mother...if to my ears it is a "racket" I do not listen - but if it is pleasing to the ears it stays on.

Of late I do like Josh Gorban - his music and lyrics are quite nice to the ears and the soul.

Now I did have the day running foot loose and fancy free and I won't tell you what us ladies got up to if we were allowed to get out for a weekend of drinking and took a bus to get to and from a tournament - I used to think my 20's were fun - but the 30's and early 40's were WILD!
Now I am a respectible "older adult" as our government classes a 46 year old - what is that anyway - "older adult" as opposed to youner
Old 02-01-2007, 01:02 PM   #126
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
Jamie, I love 4 non blondes "what's up!"
Oh, yeah! This is the best music I've found for when I feel like screamin'!"

-J

Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote